PDA

View Full Version : Dundee United

Dashing Bob S
28-06-2017, 11:31 AM
Two great signings from Hibs now makes them favourites for the championship. Surprised Fyvie didn't get a premier club; delighted it wasn't Jambos, sheep or Huns. United will soon have more May 2016 legends in their line up than us.

Big_Franck
28-06-2017, 11:36 AM
Two great signings from Hibs now makes them favourites for the championship. Surprised Fyvie didn't get a premier club; delighted it wasn't Jambos, sheep or Huns. United will soon have more May 2016 legends in their line up than us.

Hadn't realised Fyvie had signed for them until reading this. Bit sad to see another one of our cup winners gone but wish him all the best.

I think United will win the league although they could do with another striker. Getting rid of Sean Dillon will make them stronger on its own.

allezsauzee
28-06-2017, 11:36 AM
Hmmm if i was offered Murray for Fyvie and Keatings I don't think I would have accepted that last season. Good business by United.

Bob Box Fish
28-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Would rather have both back than the huddies we are getting linked to in the media!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-06-2017, 12:14 PM

9/4 looks a decent price to win the league for them.

PiemanP
28-06-2017, 12:29 PM
I do wonder if Keatings' decision to leave would have been the same if he knew JC and Holt were definitely leaving (although I'm sure players will have a better feel than we do of who's coming and going).

Based on our current strikers he'd be first on the team sheet for me as it stands!

ColinNish
28-06-2017, 12:42 PM
Hadn't realised Fyvie had signed for them until reading this. Bit sad to see another one of our cup winners gone but wish him all the best.

I think United will win the league although they could do with another striker. Getting rid of Sean Dillon will make them stronger on its own.

He hasn't. All hearsay at the moment as per everything else.

Baader
28-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Would much prefer to have kept Fyfie. I don't really see who we will get for similar wages etc that will be better. Swanson will be good though as he does get goals.

InchHibby
28-06-2017, 12:45 PM
I think they'll have to win it , I hope they do, but if not then I can see them down there for a season or three.

cabbageandribs1875
28-06-2017, 01:16 PM
i thought FF had signed a 3 year deal for st.johnstone...according to a thread on here the other day anyway :confused:

Big_Franck
28-06-2017, 02:57 PM
He hasn't. All hearsay at the moment as per everything else.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/fraser-fyvie-joins-james-keatings-at-tannadice-1-4487234

Evening News reporting it as a done deal as of this morning.

frazeHFC
28-06-2017, 03:04 PM
I'm surprised both of them will continue playing in the Championship. Both this season and last our poorer spells came when Fyvie was out injured. He's easily good enough to play in the Prem. Keatings goal record was pretty good considering it was mainly sub appearances. I'm glad they joined Dundee Utd though rather than anyone we'll be playing.

superfurryhibby
28-06-2017, 03:04 PM
Hmmm if i was offered Murray for Fyvie and Keatings I don't think I would have accepted that last season. Good business by United.

I think Murray for Keatings would be a fair swap.

ColinNish
28-06-2017, 05:19 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/fraser-fyvie-joins-james-keatings-at-tannadice-1-4487234

Evening News reporting it as a done deal as of this morning.

Did you read that article? Says still to have a medical, so no, he hasn't signed yet.

IGRIGI
28-06-2017, 05:44 PM
Will be glad to see them turn their back on all things yam after Skacel, Houston and co and turn back to the Hibs side of the capital.

CMurdoch
28-06-2017, 07:24 PM
They have lost Andrieu, Spittal, Murray, Telfer, Dillon and Mikkelson and brought in Fyvie, Keatings and Scobbie so far.
They are getting there. Another 3 good signings and the Championship should be theirs.

Johnny_Leith
28-06-2017, 07:30 PM

Where are you seeing that mate? Buying money imo

WeeRussell
28-06-2017, 10:24 PM
Apparently they're now linked with Dominique Malonga!

Not ITK in any way.

SirDavidsNapper
29-06-2017, 06:34 AM

Not ITK in any way.

Pfft they'll start calling themselves Dundee Hibernian at this rate

hibsbollah
29-06-2017, 06:40 AM

Not ITK in any way.

Nooooooo

Albanian Hibs
29-06-2017, 08:04 AM
Did you read that article? Says still to have a medical, so no, he hasn't signed yet.

Just like Lafferty then. States he signed subject to medical.

IWasThere2016
29-06-2017, 08:17 AM

This.

DH1875
29-06-2017, 09:38 AM
This.

They should walk the league this season.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-06-2017, 11:12 AM

I never did much searching, I'm sure it was Betway.

CallumLaidlaw
29-06-2017, 11:38 AM
They have lost Andrieu, Spittal, Murray, Telfer, Dillon and Mikkelson and brought in Fyvie, Keatings and Scobbie so far.
They are getting there. Another 3 good signings and the Championship should be theirs.

They've brought in McMullen too who was on loan at Dunfermline last season and looked decent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keyser Sauzee
29-06-2017, 11:57 AM
Tbh I really don't rate MacKinnon as a manager, too negative and I don't see them being promoted under him as I think they won't win the league and as we all know the playoffs are almost impossible.

CRAZYHIBBY
29-06-2017, 12:05 PM
It was a big mistake letting those two go

WeeRussell
30-06-2017, 11:23 AM
Tbh I really don't rate MacKinnon as a manager, too negative and I don't see them being promoted under him as I think they won't win the league and as we all know the playoffs are almost impossible.

Is that you saying you'll give us better than 9/4 :greengrin

Souter96Mac
30-06-2017, 11:30 AM
I rated him when he was at Raith, he'd done a good job on a smaller budget and thought he would do well with United. But i agree he's been too negative, i think they will probably win the league as i don't think Falkirk will have a budget to compete, whilst Caley will struggle i think.

WeeRussell
30-06-2017, 11:33 AM
I rated him when he was at Raith, he'd done a good job on a smaller budget and thought he would do well with United. But i agree he's been too negative, i think they will probably win the league as i don't think Falkirk will have a budget to compete, whilst Caley will struggle i think.

I think a lot of United fans haven't been overly impressed this last season either. However, I do rate his business so far this transfer window.

oneone73
30-06-2017, 11:37 AM
St Mirren must be in with a shout this year. And the Pars will improve. It will be a good league.

Super_JMcGinn
30-06-2017, 11:57 AM

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/championship/winner

Super_JMcGinn
30-06-2017, 11:58 AM
St Mirren must be in with a shout this year. And the Pars will improve. It will be a good league.

The way they finished the league I agree, it's the buddies for me.

tamig
30-06-2017, 12:26 PM

Agreed. Surprised nobody mentioned them before you. I rate Jack Ross and I think they'll be strong from the off this season.

Thecat23
30-06-2017, 12:42 PM
I think Utd will struggle again.

JimBHibees
30-06-2017, 01:46 PM
I think Inverness will do well and at 5s probably a reasonable bet as if they keep the bulk of their squad they should compete well. Do worry about the appointment of Blobbo though.

QOS I think will do ok and probably get a play off place.

Albanian Hibs
30-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Sean Dillon signed for Montrose so Uniteds defence has been strengthened by that. He is woeful.

DH1875
30-06-2017, 04:49 PM
I think Inverness will do well and at 5s probably a reasonable bet as if they keep the bulk of their squad they should compete well. Do worry about the appointment of Blobbo though.

QOS I think will do ok and probably get a play off place.

Can't see QOS making the playoffs. Top 4 will be Utd, ICT, Falkirk and St Mirren in my opinion. Who out of them 4 do you think QOS will finish ahead off?