PDA

View Full Version : Building Sites

ColinNish
20-06-2017, 07:36 PM
Anyone on here know if there's regulations as to when work can begin/finish on a building site. Houses getting built at the back of where i stay and they seem to start awful early and finish between 6pm-7pm.

Hiber-nation
20-06-2017, 08:22 PM
Anyone on here know if there's regulations as to when work can begin/finish on a building site. Houses getting built at the back of where i stay and they seem to start awful early and finish between 6pm-7pm.

It's up to the council. 7am to 7pm Mon-Fri isn't unusual unfortunately.

frazeHFC
20-06-2017, 08:25 PM
I think it changes depending on which council area. I know in Glasgow it was 8am - 7pm Monday to Friday, where there is deemed to be a noise nuisance.

ColinNish
20-06-2017, 09:04 PM
Thanks guys. I'll give the council a wee phone tomorrow. 👍🏻

Danderhall Hibs
20-06-2017, 10:34 PM
7pm on a Friday? No chance - they're all packed up by 2pm at the latest on a Friday.

Moulin Yarns
21-06-2017, 05:35 AM

If you go onto the Council Planning portal you can check the conditions in the decision notice. If there are restrictions they will be in the conditions and enforceable with penalties

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/search.do?action=simple&searchType=Application

ColinNish
21-06-2017, 10:56 AM

Waiting on a call back from council. These call centres you call are torture when all you want answered is a simple question! 😫

ColinNish
21-06-2017, 10:57 AM
If you go onto the Council Planning portal you can check the conditions in the decision notice. If there are restrictions they will be in the conditions and enforceable with penalties

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/search.do?action=simple&searchType=Application

Cheers. Its no Edinburgh council though.

Moulin Yarns
21-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Cheers. Its no Edinburgh council though.

The council will have a similar portal.

ColinNish
21-06-2017, 02:03 PM
The council will have a similar portal.

Thanks,have had a wee look.

Moulin Yarns
28-06-2017, 10:51 AM
Thanks,have had a wee look.

A condition that could/should be used where there is likely to be disturbance.

The hours of operation shall be restricted to0700 hours to 1900 hours daily and no work shall be undertaken on the premiseson Sunday unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Council as PlanningAuthority

ColinNish
28-06-2017, 12:05 PM
A condition that could/should be used where there is likely to be disturbance.

The hours of operation shall be restricted to0700 hours to 1900 hours daily and no work shall be undertaken on the premiseson Sunday unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Council as PlanningAuthority

Thanks. As I said I couldn't find anything on the council portal so I phoned them last Thursday and am still waiting on a call back.............