PDA

View Full Version : Hertz New Kit

Green Blood
16-06-2017, 07:32 AM
Launched today, hoping its a disaster! Still time for 7up to get involved and sponsor them!

Coults1875
16-06-2017, 08:17 AM
Few of them on sickback getting annoyed because one of their players are wearing green boots :na na:

Albanian Hibs
16-06-2017, 08:19 AM
Its bogging, as usual 😝

MartinfaePorty
16-06-2017, 08:26 AM
Looks ok, but what's with the tagine? It's like they have to push this agenda of being 'top dog' in Edinburgh, rather than just concentrate on selling the product.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
16-06-2017, 08:29 AM
Who are their stars in the photo?

SouthMoroccoStu
16-06-2017, 08:30 AM
Someone put up the photo so we can all have a good laugh

KWJ
16-06-2017, 08:32 AM
That collar is ridiculous.

SaulGoodman
16-06-2017, 08:33 AM
The collar looks like my old school polo shirts

Elephant Stone
16-06-2017, 09:05 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCbPmrSU0AA7eZH.jpg

Ignoring the disgusting colour I'd say that's a pretty nice strip design.

They will be wishing they could play the digitally enhanced Goncalves next season though. Look at the size of him :hilarious

Stokesy's on fire
16-06-2017, 09:07 AM
It's maroon so it reeks.....

snooky
16-06-2017, 09:10 AM
The collar looks more like a school blouse, tbh.
Fitting, I suppose :wink:

Diclonius
16-06-2017, 09:11 AM
It's very similar to ours in terms of design. Never really been one for collars though.

Ozyhibby
16-06-2017, 09:11 AM
Nice enough given the constraints the design team had to work under but do they have a video as good as ours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pedantic_Hibee
16-06-2017, 09:14 AM
Save the Children :faf:

They've spent years employing people with nefarious leanings towards youngsters whilst the club itself has implored their young fans to empty their piggy banks to fill up the suitcase of a tearaway chairman. Unbelievable.

Johnny_Leith
16-06-2017, 09:19 AM

They've spent years employing people with nefarious leanings towards youngsters whilst the club itself has implored their young fans to empty their piggy banks to fill up the suitcase of a tearaway chairman. Unbelievable.

Think of it as cancer warnings on cigarette packaging. Keep your kids away, we're beasts sort of thing.

KWJ
16-06-2017, 09:20 AM
The collar actually looks like it has a bit of thread hanging from it down the middle.

16-06-2017, 09:24 AM
Blood doesn’t show on an unpaid bill.

Big_Franck
16-06-2017, 09:25 AM
Think of it as cancer warnings on cigarette packaging. Keep your kids away, we're beasts sort of thing.

Funnily enough that's the way I've always looked at it.

Their strip is minging, as always. Tough times when you are trotting out a near 40 year old defender and Don Cowie as your stars to promote a new strip.

Deansy
16-06-2017, 09:26 AM
Looks ok, but what's with the tagine? It's like they have to push this agenda of being 'top dog' in Edinburgh, rather than just concentrate on selling the product.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sorry but am an oldie and not au fait with football-strip lingo - what is a 'tagine' ?. Googled it and it comes up with a 'Moroccan coking-pot' ??!!

Big_Franck
16-06-2017, 09:28 AM
Sorry but am an oldie and not au fait with football-strip lingo - what is a 'tagine' ?. Googled it and it comes up with a 'Moroccan coking-pot' ??!!

Think it was a typo and should have read "tagline" referring to their 'heart and soul of Edinburgh' line.

Pretty Boy
16-06-2017, 09:29 AM
It's a bit like the Rangers kit with the collar from a few years back, Tennents sponsor.

Standard Umbro style, not bad really but nothing looks good in maroon.

Green Blood
16-06-2017, 09:31 AM

Flyingwaitor
16-06-2017, 09:33 AM
It's maroon so therefore minging. Fairly safe design...not a patch on ours! Thought effort and time went into our kit

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

RoxburghHibs
16-06-2017, 09:34 AM

Haha

Betty Boop
16-06-2017, 09:34 AM
​That's a really smart kit, apart from the colour of course.

Hibbycol
16-06-2017, 09:42 AM
GREEN BOOTS on the official release , bit of an own goal me thinks , but funny any way lol

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Springbank
16-06-2017, 09:42 AM

Tagline/Tagine is maybe not the only typo on this thread - "Coking pot" sounds a bit Trainspotting. Is it meant to be a cooking pot?

jacomo
16-06-2017, 09:58 AM
Why the white sleeves?

Wish they'd stop copying us, it's creepy.

BoomtownHibees
16-06-2017, 10:03 AM
Why the white sleeves?

Wish they'd stop copying us, it's creepy.

There is no white sleeves

Deansy
16-06-2017, 10:12 AM
Tagline/Tagine is maybe not the only typo on this thread - "Coking pot" sounds a bit Trainspotting. Is it meant to be a cooking pot?

Ooops - my bad ! As with 'Tagine' I've no idea if/what a 'Coking-pot is/does/exists ??. Googled it and .............................. ach, couldnae be bothered - my spelling-howler has ruined my day ! :boo hoo:

HibbySpurs
16-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Traditional hertz jobby colours so a reasonable effort if you're into wearing 💩...

The green boots are brilliant though😂

high bee
16-06-2017, 10:21 AM
They really are quite a sad wee club, everything they release has to say it's the biggest or best in Edinburgh. Simply repeating this over and over doesn't make it true, it simply confirms that you have a complex about how insignificant you are to everyone outside the club.

I'm really glad we concentrate on stories personal to our club and focus on how the stadium/kit is relevant to us rather than constantly making cheap jibes about how we think we are the best. Find it amazing how a football club and its fans can have such a unanimous culture.

GreenNWhiteArmy
16-06-2017, 10:28 AM
They really are quite a sad wee club, everything they release has to say it's the biggest or best in Edinburgh. Simply repeating this over and over doesn't make it true, it simply confirms that you have a complex about how insignificant you are to everyone outside the club.

I'm really glad we concentrate on stories personal to our club and focus on how the stadium/kit is relevant to us rather than constantly making cheap jibes about how we think we are the best. Find it amazing how a football club and its fans can have such a unanimous culture.

:not worth

It's embarrassing. Celtic are exact;y the same "A club like no other" erm, strips. huddles. YNWA. Suppose they are a load of clubs morphed in to one so they are like no other

Small cock syndrome strikes again with these losers over the road though. Our club focuses solely on us. Our Marketing campaigns since LD came to the club have been a breath of fresh air

Waxy
16-06-2017, 10:36 AM
Its no very good.

Billychaotic182
16-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Colour is awful but the design is quite nice. I'm a sucker for collars on football tops though. Funny that they are raging that the boy is wearing green boots

CraigHibee
16-06-2017, 10:46 AM
Nothing nice about that kit at all, just a standard ****ty maroon top

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Nothing new just the same old barfing colour.

Fuds.

Austinho
16-06-2017, 10:57 AM
The colour is weirdly oversized, which ruins it. My school uniform looked just like that too.

It's better than our home shirt this season. Not a patch on our away though

Albanian Hibs
16-06-2017, 11:08 AM
The colour is weirdly oversized, which ruins it. My school uniform looked just like that too.

Eh nah its not. Cant believe a Hibee would ever say that a maroon rag is better than our green strip.

Biggie
16-06-2017, 11:37 AM

you're ****ting me mate ?....right ?
A hearts top better than a hibs top ?...you wash your mouth out with soap and water :-)

"Save the children" again ?....they must be paying them a whack

hibernian36
16-06-2017, 11:40 AM
Honking as per

Carheenlea
16-06-2017, 11:43 AM
What's the boy in the middle doing with his socks? :lolyam:

Deansy
16-06-2017, 11:44 AM

Sad and also mentally lacking !. Their sheer desparation to be recognised from anyone or anything from outside their own circle is both cringe-worthy and pathetic - they're like a wee puppy who keeps on trying to hump your leg that gets kicked away but still keeps coming back for more, desparate to be loved, to get any form of attention/recognition whatsoever !

All of which makes me more and more desparate for the new-season to get under-way - if they have the season many (and some of their own) think they're going to have, add-in players choosing us over them and the eventual realisation that WE have the bigger ground (and will have for the foreseeable future !), there's a good chance that the PBS will explode !. I don't hate Hearts, I still see the 'Ugly Sisters' as our biggest rivals - but thanks to the incredible arrogance that the Hearts support has developed over their 'Money years', I'm going to sit back and thoroughly enjoy their pain !

lord bunberry
16-06-2017, 11:46 AM
Guaranteed to attract your sister.

MyJo
16-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Really nice design spoiled by that god-awful colour.

Good effort from two of them wearing green and white boots though, the mutants will love that

yonder1875
16-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Who actually cares what the new Hearts kit looks like? It'll always be ***** - don't get why there's a thread on this.

Springbank
16-06-2017, 11:52 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCbPmrSU0AA7eZH.jpg

Ignoring the disgusting colour I'd say that's a pretty nice strip design.

They will be wishing they could play the digitally enhanced Goncalves next season though. Look at the size of him :hilarious

is don cowie's head really small?

it's like he's doing an "Ashley Cole" frm the Roma team pic a couple of seasons back.

ian cruise
16-06-2017, 11:57 AM
I was having a look at all the SPFL strip for next season, hearts wasn't out but a few teaser images were released. Think it's got a bit more detail on it than those pictures show, such as umbro detailing across the shoulders. It's a pretty traditional looking strip so will proceed popular. Not a patch on ours I have to say, looking at the pictures on the website today our home top looks even better than I thought it did, so many nice touches.

jeffers
16-06-2017, 11:59 AM
The team it represents aside I think it looks fine. A simple design, if it was in our colours I think it would be popular. I actually prefer the collar to the one on our home shirt :offski:

Vault Boy
16-06-2017, 12:02 PM
They'll like that to be fair. Not a touch on ours though.

tamig
16-06-2017, 12:05 PM

it's like he's doing an "Ashley Cole" frm the Roma team pic a couple of seasons back.

He's out on a limb with the other two because he forgot the green boots.

NAE NOOKIE
16-06-2017, 12:19 PM

Seriously? ..... I think it looks plain and unimaginative, not bad, but not innovative either ................. That aside, there is no universe or parallel universe where a Gunts strip could ever be described as 'better' than a Hibs strip. As it is, partisanship shoved to one side for a moment, I think our home top is one of the better ones we have had recently and certainly a cut above the depressing jobby coloured rag they have churned out.

SirDavidsNapper
16-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Dull boring kit. Dull boring club.

Mellow Hibee
16-06-2017, 03:08 PM
I thought that they just went grovelling to the aristocracy nowadays and let them design the strips in return for a few quid?

ManBearPig
16-06-2017, 03:29 PM
Does anyone have the what the beautiful people are wearing promotional **** hearts put out a while back

Elephant Stone
16-06-2017, 03:30 PM
Does anyone have the what the beautiful people are wearing promotional **** hearts put out a while back

I would also like to see that.

Iain G
16-06-2017, 03:48 PM

It all looks really unnatural, especially the arms and hands on the boy on the right?

Obviously its all photoshopped but its pretty badly done.

Who picked the background, looks they are standing on two giant white sheets that some poor (cash)cow has been bled to death on...

jacomo
16-06-2017, 03:51 PM
There is no white sleeves

Oops my bad - people posting old strips on here.

Pete
16-06-2017, 03:57 PM
It's a bit like the Rangers kit with the collar from a few years back, Tennents sponsor.

Standard Umbro style, not bad really but nothing looks good in maroon.

I'll probably go to hell for saying this but the Rangers kit you mention was one of my favourite designs ever. Both the home and away.

The Hearts kit is Ok but the collar is more like the one from our Nike effort a few years ago...not a fan. Bit boring and templatey.

As for the boy who said it's nicer than ours, I suppose that's the thing any design. You will always have people who like it and people who don't.

emerald green
16-06-2017, 04:01 PM
You just cannot polish a turd.

Radium
16-06-2017, 04:07 PM
You just cannot polish a turd.

... but you can roll it in glitter (not likely to save this strip though)

Thecat23
16-06-2017, 04:23 PM
Hearts top isn't bad. I think both clubs have decent kits this season. Hibs still comes out on top by quite a distance though.

Mantis Toboggan
16-06-2017, 04:28 PM
It's a decent top tbf. Keeps it simple.
Looking forward to them looking smart in it while getting pumped by us.

ian cruise
16-06-2017, 04:29 PM
Favourite non Hibs strip I've seen from a Scottish team so far is probably Caley thistle, again very classic look to it.

http://www.footballkitnews.com/19844/new-inverness-caledonian-thistle-strip-2017-18-ictfc-kits-17-18-home-away/

Thecat23
16-06-2017, 04:33 PM
Favourite non Hibs strip I've seen from a Scottish team so far is probably Caley thistle, again very classic look to it.

http://www.footballkitnews.com/19844/new-inverness-caledonian-thistle-strip-2017-18-ictfc-kits-17-18-home-away/

Is this a tongue in cheek comment? I honestly think they have one of the worst of seen. Both home & away.

lord bunberry
16-06-2017, 04:34 PM
It's a hearts top, it's ****. Nothing more needs to be said.

Deansy
16-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Is it 'The Heart and Soul of Edinburgh' or 'The A**e and Hole of Edinburgh' - given their Manager/DOF ??.

NAE NOOKIE
16-06-2017, 04:53 PM
Ahhh ..... We have clearly hit the target with this seasons home kit, the acid test is always the comments on Sickbag about it and I'm delighted to see that this kit has provoked even more spewing of utter guff than usual. There isn't a single aspect of it that doesn't get ripped into :greengrin

Macron are a cheap manufacturer, as opposed to Umbro apparently :faf:

We are sponsored by a betting company and a drinks company .... apparently big teams don't do that coz its not classy :faf:

'Glory' 'Glory' on the back isn't appropriate because apparently winning the cup and the championship within the last year doesn't qualify as success, deliberately missing the obvious reference to the Hibs song :faf:

The horizontal stripe affect on the back is apparently in homage to 'our owners' :faf:

Its pretty clear to me that they doth protest too much, but I suppose you would when your neighbours have one of the best strips in European football and all you have is a strip that can never be anything more than boring, and until an observer gets close you might as well be wearing an Arbroath, Stenhousemuir or Northampton Town top :greengrin

TelaStella
16-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Truth can hurt but the truth is they're kits smarter than ours and by a long stretch. I've been screaming for hibs to get a deal struck with Umbro for a while now, they rarely seem to disappoint. Shame really

tamig
16-06-2017, 06:15 PM
Truth can hurt but the truth is they're kits smarter than ours and by a long stretch. I've been screaming for hibs to get a deal struck with Umbro for a while now, they rarely seem to disappoint. Shame really

In what way is it smarter than ours "by a long stretch?". Umbro seem to have gone out of fashion a bit over the past few years.

TelaStella
16-06-2017, 06:20 PM
In what way is it smarter than ours "by a long stretch?". Umbro seem to have gone out of fashion a bit over the past few years.

I'm referring to the overall design, looks more well done and a more appealing football kit, can't help but feel ours looks yet again on the cheap. But I'm not surprised as I've never rated macron anyway.

Pete
16-06-2017, 06:21 PM

I think you're confusing your opinion with the "truth".

lord bunberry
16-06-2017, 06:22 PM

100% wrong.

TelaStella
16-06-2017, 06:23 PM
I think you're confusing your opinion with the "truth".

If you say so but yeah all I'm doing is stating my opinion just as you are entitled to as well.

O'Rourke3
16-06-2017, 06:24 PM

Where? Outside the ground like a jakey? Your post count would suggest not on here or you get really boring the same time every year and go off in the huff.

Deansy
16-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Ahhh ..... We have clearly hit the target with this seasons home kit, the acid test is always the comments on Sickbag about it and I'm delighted to see that this kit has provoked even more spewing of utter guff than usual. There isn't a single aspect of it that doesn't get ripped into :greengrin

Macron are a cheap manufacturer, as opposed to Umbro apparently :faf:

We are sponsored by a betting company and a drinks company .... apparently big teams don't do that coz its not classy :faf:

'Glory' 'Glory' on the back isn't appropriate because apparently winning the cup and the championship within the last year doesn't qualify as success, deliberately missing the obvious reference to the Hibs song :faf:

The horizontal stripe affect on the back is apparently in homage to 'our owners' :faf:

Its pretty clear to me that they doth protest too much, but I suppose you would when your neighbours have one of the best strips in European football and all you have is a strip that can never be anything more than boring, and until an observer gets close you might as well be wearing an Arbroath, Stenhousemuir or Northampton Town top :greengrin

Obviously 'WONGA' and 'STRONGBOW' are considered the 'Creme de la Creme' at the PBS .................

TelaStella
16-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Where? Outside the ground like a jakey? Your post count would suggest not on here or you get really boring the same time every year and go off in the huff.

I'm not long a member but not sure what my post count has to do with a thread on different football kits.

TelaStella
16-06-2017, 06:29 PM

[emoji23] I'll give you that even if it was long ago

SquashedFrogg
16-06-2017, 06:30 PM
[emoji23] I'll give you that even if it was long ago

:aok:

Pete
16-06-2017, 06:31 PM
If you say so but yeah all I'm doing is stating my opinion just as you are entitled to as well.

Indeed but by proclaiming that you're revealing some truth, you're making it sound like you're speaking from a position of authority and those who like it are kidding themselves.

Every kit design will have people who like it and dislike it. It's all a matter of opinion.

FWIW I like Umbro kits too.

TelaStella
16-06-2017, 06:35 PM
Indeed but by proclaiming that you're revealing some truth, you're making it sound like you're speaking from a position of authority and those who like it are kidding themselves.

Every kit design will have people who like it and dislike it. It's all a matter of opinion.

FWIW I like Umbro kits too.

Have a lie down mate ffs. I'm not speaking from any position of authority, I'm stating my opinion on a public forum, have a word.

GreenLake
16-06-2017, 06:40 PM
I've been tasting wines up in Napa Valley for a couple of days. If someone poured a glass the color of that shirt I wouldn't like to taste it. Yucky.

Pete
16-06-2017, 06:49 PM
Have a lie down mate ffs. I'm not speaking from any position of authority, I'm stating my opinion on a public forum, have a word.

I don't need to have a lie down or a word thanks.

Your opinion is just that. Your opinion. Not some sort of truth.

Speedway
16-06-2017, 07:38 PM
The big team have a template strip.

Slow news day.

wookie70
16-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Few of them on sickback getting annoyed because one of their players are wearing green boots :na na:

I see two pairs of green and white boots

O'Rourke3
16-06-2017, 07:50 PM
I'm not long a member but not sure what my post count has to do with a thread on different football kits.

Maybe it's the pedant in me but "I've been screaming for hibs to get a deal struck with Umbro for a while now" I thought was a strange statement to make where the forum you state it on has evidence of not being here for years. So do you shout it on the bus at strangers, stand outside Easter Road protesting, or enter into a letter writing campaign like our old friend Sydney? I was curious is all.

TelaStella
16-06-2017, 07:51 PM
Maybe it's the pedant in me but "I've been screaming for hibs to get a deal struck with Umbro for a while now" I thought was a strange statement to make where the forum you state it on has evidence of not being here for years. So do you shout it on the bus at strangers, stand outside Easter Road protesting, or enter into a letter writing campaign like our old friend Sydney? I was curious is all.

All 3 mate.

jacomo
16-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Hearts top isn't bad. I think both clubs have decent kits this season. Hibs still comes out on top by quite a distance though.

Obvs. A white t shirt with some cabbage leaves sellotaped to the body would come out on top of a Hearts strip.

Harsh perhaps, but we have the advantage of an infinitely superior colour palette.

Lancs Harp
16-06-2017, 07:58 PM
Its just a bog standard Hearts shirt. When is the second strip being released? Ive only just stopped laughing at the blobby kit. I never thought the sight of a Hearts shirt would make me laugh and smile so much it virtually made me incontinent.

NAE NOOKIE
16-06-2017, 09:49 PM

I'm referring to the overall design, looks more well done and a more appealing football kit, can't help but feel ours looks yet again on the cheap. But I'm not surprised as I've never rated macron anyway.

Sorry mate, I agree that everybody is entitled to their opinion, but put the two kits together and explain how their kit is "smarter than ours and by a long stretch" ....... If you like plain and bland then I get how you would prefer the Yams top, but what exactly is so wrong with the Hibs top? without having both kits together and comparing the materiel and feel of them how can you say one is of 'cheaper' quality than the other? and as for the overall design, if you ask me the Hibs collar is much better and the rest of the kit has a green body and white sleeves, you know, like you would expect on a Hibs strip.

The Hibs top has a lot more detail with the advert featured prominently, more detail behind the badge and a wee slogan on the back ...... That's a feature of many strips all around the world. Have a look at South American football they go nuts for all that stuff.

Tell you what ... Lets wait until the two teams face each other and then you will be able to see which club has colour and a tidy looking kit and which one is boring and bland by comparison :aok:

SirDavidsNapper
16-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Hearts have turned into the Hibs of a few years ago. Trying to claim a new kit as some sort of victory as they can't beat us on the park. Reality for the Jambos these days.