PDA

View Full Version : Berra post lifted off Sickback

Navids Numpties
15-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Saw this post on my travels in work and found it absolutely ludocris. How on earth could they manage 4k a week when they are as skint as everyone says they are. Hopefully they are paying wages like that so they go bust again.

"I think it's clear from everything that's been said that he wants to come back up to Scotland. The main reason because he wants to be closer to his daughter. I've heard his wages aren't exactly out of our reach around 7k. I reckon we'd probably offer him something like 4k? Obviously a drop yeah but it's not like he's going from 50k a week to 4k week. Its Ipswich he's at not Manchester United!"

Jim44
15-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Saw this post on my travels in work and found it absolutely ludocris. How on earth could they manage 4k a week when they are as skint as everyone says they are. Hopefully they are paying wages like that so they go bust again.

"I think it's clear from everything that's been said that he wants to come back up to Scotland. The main reason because he wants to be closer to his daughter. I've heard his wages aren't exactly out of our reach around 7k. I reckon we'd probably offer him something like 4k? Obviously a drop yeah but it's not like he's going from 50k a week to 4k week. Its Ipswich he's at not Manchester United!"

I was recently playing in a charity golf competition with a Scottish club owner and he was throwing away a lot of interesting tit bits of information. In relation to the Jambos, and to my surprise, he pointed out that they are nowhere near as skint as some people are making out.

Smartie
15-05-2017, 05:27 PM
I was recently playing in a charity golf competition with a Scottish club owner and he was throwing away a lot of interesting tit bits of information. In relation to the Jambos, and to my surprise, he pointed out that they are nowhere near as skint as some people are making out.

Does anyone really think the Jambos are skint?

They ditched all their debt and since then have been pretty good at selling practically every ticket available for all of their home games, which will give them a decent base upon which to build. They could have done without being turned over by us in the cups, that is for sure, and I don't think the moneyspinning replays will have compensated them much for the damage to the goodwill coming from their fans that these crushing blows will have done.

The timing of the building of the new stand was peculiar and time will tell as to whether or not they have bitten off more than they could chew at an important time in their revival and rehabilitation.

But does anyone really think for a minute that they're skint? Wishful thinking if so, sadly.

We're outperforming them in a good few ways at the moment. That doesn't necessarily mean that they must be struggling.

MWHIBBIES
15-05-2017, 05:32 PM
Why would they be skint, really? Its the same on their site, talking pish about us being skint.

They may need to cut back a bit to fund the new stand but that is nothing surprising, they aren't daft enough to risk the future of the club again.

Springbank
15-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Why would they be skint, really? Its the same on their site, talking pish about us being skint.

They may need to cut back a bit to fund the new stand but that is nothing surprising, they aren't daft enough to risk the future of the club again.

I tend to go with evolution, a leopard can't change its spots.

They tried moneyball with Mercer and almost went to the wall.
They tried moneyball with the Pieman and Leslie Deans, and almost went to the wall ("not fit for purpose etc")
They tried moneyball with Mad Vlad when DUFC and DAFC wouldn't touch his blood money, and almost went to the wall (touching distance, Bryan Jackson, BDO, cake sales, humbling list of embarassing agencies they owed money to)

So my hunch is that they'll try moneyball again,in due course

Kato
15-05-2017, 05:53 PM

They tried moneyball with the Pieman and Leslie Deans, and almost went to the wall ("not fit for purpose etc")
They tried moneyball with Mad Vlad when DUFC and DAFC wouldn't touch his blood money, and almost went to the wall (touching distance, Bryan Jackson, BDO, cake sales, humbling list of embarassing agencies they owed money to)

I wonder what happened to his Money Laundering charges?

Deansy
15-05-2017, 06:27 PM

Just more proof the effects of 30+ years of living it large on 'Other people's money' will NOT dissipate overnight. 3 generations of them were brought up in this way so it's entirely possible it'll take 3 generations before we see a jambo-support where realists outnumber the windae-lickers ??

Lago
15-05-2017, 08:37 PM
Don't believe for a moment they are skint, Ann Budge is a very astute business woman.

TheHarpy76
15-05-2017, 09:04 PM
They'll be nowhere near skint. Unfortunately they now have an owner who has an excellent business head on her.

Too bad that they're honking on the pitch though!

Islington Hibs
15-05-2017, 09:31 PM
Does anyone really think the Jambos are skint?

They ditched all their debt and since then have been pretty good at selling practically every ticket available for all of their home games, which will give them a decent base upon which to build. They could have done without being turned over by us in the cups, that is for sure, and I don't think the moneyspinning replays will have compensated them much for the damage to the goodwill coming from their fans that these crushing blows will have done.

The timing of the building of the new stand was peculiar and time will tell as to whether or not they have bitten off more than they could chew at an important time in their revival and rehabilitation.

But does anyone really think for a minute that they're skint? Wishful thinking if so, sadly.

We're outperforming them in a good few ways at the moment. That doesn't necessarily mean that they must be struggling.

All true but the momentum has shifted. Their sense of entitlement has gone, the wee team jibe clearly has no currency now, Budge is to an extent unproven and never faced a crisis before (it is easy being a saviour, less easy when things go wrong and we shall see what she is really made of. Cathro, may prove us wrong, but what a great start he has had. I do like him.

A lot of water to go under the bridge but their team is full of quite expensive, journeymen from all over the globe, with no loyalty, and when it is broke it is very difficult to get back on the rails. In all my time Hearts have never averaged 16k before- I doubt they will for much longer...Equally over the last 30 odd years our support has been on the back foot and quite defensive. I have never known it so positive as now and with good reason. Sure Hearts are not skint and we should not write them off but it seems like 1972 to me.

SirDavidsNapper
15-05-2017, 10:31 PM
The chip on their shoulder and their obsession with trying to be the big team will see them live outwith their means again and again and again. As a previous poster said, a leopard doesn't change it's spots.

ancient hibee
15-05-2017, 10:33 PM
I wonder what happened to his Money Laundering charges?
Either all charges dismissed or no case to answer.Can't remember which.Correct verdict.

Kato
15-05-2017, 10:45 PM
Either all charges dismissed or no case to answer.Can't remember which.Correct verdict.

There wasn't any verdict, the story just disappeared after the initial reports.

Dashing Bob S
15-05-2017, 11:47 PM
Don't believe for a moment they are skint, Ann Budge is a very astute business woman.

I don't believe for a moment that she's skint. Anne Budge is a very astute business woman.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-05-2017, 05:56 AM
Just because some guy wrote it on kickback, doesnt mean its true.

There are some wild posts on here about wages and fees etc

Agree with posters above, Hearts will be well run now, and will have a budget at least conpetitve with us and the dons, if not higher.

Alex Trager
16-05-2017, 07:46 AM
The chip on their shoulder and their obsession with trying to be the big team will see them live outwith their means again and again and again. As a previous poster said, a leopard doesn't change it's spots.

I disagree here.

It's their ****** fans that think they are the big team, they aren't in charge of the club as much as they'd love to be.

Budge doesn't seem like a big club kinda gal

Velma Dinkley
16-05-2017, 07:53 AM
Budge isn't skint. She doesn't rely on donations. The club is skint. It does rely on donations - and it doesn't have the funds to complete its main stand. They will still sign another 9 garbage players in the summer though.

Craig_HFC
16-05-2017, 09:39 AM

Pretty sure what they did was the polar opposite of 'moneyball'.

"Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game is a book by Michael Lewis, published in 2003, about the Oakland Athletics baseball team and its general manager Billy Beane. Its focus is the team's analytical, evidence-based, sabermetric approach to assembling a competitive baseball team, despite Oakland's disadvantaged revenue situation."

Far too intricate & sensible to be a Merrick philosophy.

Ozyhibby
16-05-2017, 09:40 AM
Their budget will likely be similar to ours this year. They have been bringing in a lot of money since admin. It's only lack of banking facilities that are making funding the stand a bit tricky.
Our advantage over them next season should be Lennon over Cathro, George Craig over Craig Levein and Leeann over Budge.
We have better people in place and a solid team in place which only needs a few additions. They need another complete rebuild.
And let's be honest, they have also lost a great coach in Neilson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibby Kay-Yay
16-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Their budget will likely be similar to ours this year. They have been bringing in a lot of money since admin. It's only lack of banking facilities that are making funding the stand a bit tricky.
Our advantasge over them next season should be Lennon over Cathro, George Craig over Craig Levein and Leeann over Budge.
We have better people in place and a solid team in place which only needs a few additions. They need another complete rebuild.
And let's be honest, they have also lost a great coach in Neilson.

The soon to be best sporting arena on the East coast :cb

Geo_1875
17-05-2017, 09:04 AM
All true but the momentum has shifted. Their sense of entitlement has gone, the wee team jibe clearly has no currency now, Budge is to an extent unproven and never faced a crisis before (it is easy being a saviour, less easy when things go wrong and we shall see what she is really made of. Cathro, may prove us wrong, but what a great start he has had. I do like him.

A lot of water to go under the bridge but their team is full of quite expensive, journeymen from all over the globe, with no loyalty, and when it is broke it is very difficult to get back on the rails. In all my time Hearts have never averaged 16k before- I doubt they will for much longer...Equally over the last 30 odd years our support has been on the back foot and quite defensive. I have never known it so positive as now and with good reason. Sure Hearts are not skint and we should not write them off but it seems like 1972 to me.

Really? Can't say I've noticed.

SlickShoes
17-05-2017, 09:07 AM

They are already paying at least one first team player 4k a week so I wouldn't put that amount past them.

Navids Numpties
17-05-2017, 10:45 AM
They are already paying at least one first team player 4k a week so I wouldn't put that amount past them.

Ooft. Who?

stantonhibby
17-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Ooft. Who?

Must be the French boy Martin, he's brilliant.

Navids Numpties
17-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Must be the French boy Martin, he's brilliant.

Brilliant at being pish.

sleeping giant
17-05-2017, 11:06 AM
How could they be skint ?
They bumped everyone .

WhileTheChief..
17-05-2017, 11:12 AM
If they're skint we must be just about bust!

They've had bigger crowds, they pay more than we do and are in the league above us. They also have their FoH money coming in.

Be interesting to see both sets of accounts but I'd be gobsmacked if our turnover is higher than theirs or Aberdeen's.

Waxy
17-05-2017, 11:20 AM
The soon to be best sporting arena on the East coast :cb
I spat my coffee out when i heard that on the radio.Planet they on?

Velma Dinkley
17-05-2017, 11:58 AM
If they're skint we must be just about bust!

They've had bigger crowds, they pay more than we do and are in the league above us. They also have their FoH money coming in.

Be interesting to see both sets of accounts but I'd be gobsmacked if our turnover is higher than theirs or Aberdeen's.

Paying more than we do while relying on fan donations when the team's performance is atrocious, and having a £12m stand to pay for, is exactly why they are skint.

SlickShoes
17-05-2017, 01:52 PM
Ooft. Who?

It is one that I forgot existed, I think it was Oshaniwa the guy that was playing left back for a while

JDHibs
17-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Been told by a guy who seems to be in the know at Hearts that Martin is on £3.5k a week.

Isma isnt far off that either. Oshinawa is one of their biggest earners, hence why hes not bothered about leaving lol....

WhileTheChief..
17-05-2017, 02:07 PM
Paying more than we do while relying on fan donations when the team's performance is atrocious, and having a £12m stand to pay for, is exactly why they are skint.

I meant their fans pay more than we do to watch the team. Check the thread about season ticket prices.

What I'm getting at is that their income will be higher than ours by quite some way.

Now that we're back up we should see a healthy bump to our finances. I would imagaine that the player budget for both clubs will be similar in future.

Ozyhibby
17-05-2017, 03:26 PM
I meant their fans pay more than we do to watch the team. Check the thread about season ticket prices.

What I'm getting at is that their income will be higher than ours by quite some way.

Now that we're back up we should see a healthy bump to our finances. I would imagaine that the player budget for both clubs will be similar in future.

If FoH can keep up the way they have been then they will have an advantage over us but I'm not sure they will once the stand has been paid for and Budge paid back.

Jack Hackett
17-05-2017, 05:04 PM

... Just to be squandered by the current management team. Their incompetence has the added benefit (to us) of making the natives restless, jeopardising future contributions and income.

It's all good :greengrin

emerald green
17-05-2017, 05:19 PM
If FoH can keep up the way they have been then they will have an advantage over us but I'm not sure they will once the stand has been paid for and Budge paid back.

Does anyone know how much FoH donate to HOMFC? Is this information in the public domain?