PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon interview

jeffers
06-05-2017, 06:02 PM
Not seen posted elsewhere, good interview from NL after today's game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vchBBMZt3jY

Has really taken to the club as have the fans to him.

06-05-2017, 06:22 PM
I like Lennon and I love his attitude. A total winner through and through and will never settle for anything less. Excited to see who he brings in in the summer.

jacomo
06-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Good man.

bingo70
06-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Brilliant.

I've had my doubts at times throughout the season but that's certainly put any fears I had about his commitment to bed.

Really excited about the summer ahead.

RoscoHibby
06-05-2017, 06:28 PM
Was loving him joining in with the 'hibees! hibees! hibees!' then cupping his ears for some more!

He gets it!

mca
06-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Love the Bit where he realises Hibs have got under his Skin.. excellent.. :thumbsup:

HFCdeb
06-05-2017, 09:29 PM
Love the guy. I think he can do some special things with Hibs before he's inevitably lured to a bigger job.

Dashing Bob S
06-05-2017, 09:41 PM
Not seen posted elsewhere, good interview from NL after today's game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vchBBMZt3jY

Has really taken to the club as have the fans to him.

Whatever he's done or wherever he's been is irrelevant. One of our own now. Can't think of the last Hibs manager (Doolan as assistant) who has been so passionate about the club.

penihibs
06-05-2017, 09:42 PM
Love the Bit where he realises Hibs have got under his Skin.. excellent.. :thumbsup:

Yeah got me aswell, Hibs got under my skin 50 years ago thanks to my family.
God bless the Hibs.

wookie70
06-05-2017, 09:46 PM
Very nice interview and looks like he will be here next year and perhaps a wee bit longer if he is successful. He is right about the fans this year. We have turned up in numbers and watched our team lose or draw as many home league games as we have won. The football has ranged from fantastic to atrocious but mostly dull but I can't remember the fans being as supportive as they have been this year. He will get backed, as all our managers do, and hopefully he will get some strong signings and keep the vibe from the Cup win and this years league success.

iwasthere1972
06-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to learn that he sings the full version of Sunshine on Leith every night just before he puts his Hibs pyjamas on and jumps into bed. Snuggling down under his Hibs duvet.

yonder1875
06-05-2017, 10:02 PM
So glad we have him, can't wait til' he storms the touchline John Doolan style at the hunnery next season when Gray scores the last-minute winner.

Shrekko
06-05-2017, 10:23 PM
Nothing not to like about this Hibs manager.

Hibeewilly
06-05-2017, 10:58 PM
An absolutely top manager and top man who totally gets us. Loved him thumping the badge today. Brilliant! !!!

Lancs Harp
06-05-2017, 11:04 PM
I think we are in for a very interesting summer and season to follow. Im pretty sure NL put a team together to conquer this league and he has done just that. To make an impact in the Premier I think he will have different ideas and a different approach, I think we'll see a few changes as Lennon looks to take us to a new level.

The Harp Awakes
06-05-2017, 11:21 PM
If we were a boxing club Neil's the guy you'd want in your corner. :not worth

Hi Heid Yin
06-05-2017, 11:33 PM
Lennon delivered: Full Stop
The man has my utter admiration and gratitude.
It was great to see him with a wee lump in his throat when he talked of Hibs getting under his skin.
I so look forward to seeing him on the touchlines next season driving our team on against That lot from Glasgow.
:flag::flag::flag:

pacorosssco
07-05-2017, 01:30 AM
Love the guy. I think he can do some special things with Hibs before he's inevitably lured to a bigger job.

Im not sure bigger jobs are yet on NL plate. Celtic job only seen him take wrong move to Bolton as little else was on offer. Mcinnes at dons done fantastic 3 seasons but even Rangers havent sniffed. I think Lennon knows he needs more than a championship and at least two great seasons with us to even get a crack at higher level.

Jim44
07-05-2017, 04:45 AM
Im not sure bigger jobs are yet on NL plate. Celtic job only seen him take wrong move to Bolton as little else was on offer. Mcinnes at dons done fantastic 3 seasons but even Rangers havent sniffed. I think Lennon knows he needs more than a championship and at least two great seasons with us to even get a crack at higher level.

:agree: I think he is enjoying his time at ER and in no hurry to step back into the fire. Time's on his side and he sees an opportunity to establish himself at a club going in a positive direction.

Phil MaGlass
07-05-2017, 06:41 AM
I also think he is in no rush, he will make progress with us and will in time leave us for a big club, times on his side, the clubs moving forward and positive things are happening at the club, the cup win also came at the right time, the feel good factor is there, that also effects decisions on staying or going. Its a great time to be at Hibs, its a great time to be a supporter, its why ST,s are up, its just bloody great, its all great :greengrin

H18 SFR
07-05-2017, 06:59 AM
I can see him being here for another 4 or 5 seasons 'if' the fans continue to back the team in numbers generating an increase in budget each year.

He will want to progress each year, I am so excited about our recruitment this summer.

TorMTH
07-05-2017, 09:31 AM
And where exactly did he buy said jammies and duvet? I for one would love to know!!!

Sent from my P12 using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
07-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Lennon will prove to be an exceptional appointment. He demands success and graft

lapsedhibee
07-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to learn that he sings the full version of Sunshine on Leith every night just before he puts his Hibs pyjamas on and jumps into bed. Snuggling down under his Hibs duvet.

Excellent idea for the next Sport Relief. :agree:

Onion
07-05-2017, 01:33 PM
Was loving him joining in with the 'hibees! hibees! hibees!' then cupping his ears for some more!

He gets it!

Nice to see and hear and he seems smitten, but wouldn't get overly excited about any manager or player swearing their allegiance to any club. Loyalty simply does not existing in the modern game.

Still remember straight after our last promotion win, Red Lex standing in the middle of the pitch at ER claiming he "would be here as long as we want him" :cb

iwasthere1972
07-05-2017, 03:03 PM
And where exactly did he buy said jammies and duvet? I for one would love to know!!!

Sent from my P12 using Tapatalk

Specially made for him on Rod Petrie's sewing machine.

Allant1981
07-05-2017, 05:33 PM
he really seems to enjoy being at the club, i was watching a video of lennon earlier filmed by one of the players and he was up singing hibs songs, think it may have been from last night but not sure