PDA

View Full Version : Pure Class From Leanne and Hibs

biggineurope
26-04-2017, 03:54 PM
A great wee story, I was chatting to a client, who both him and his wife are nearly 80 and Season Ticket holders for umpteen years. He told me that he had, like us all got his annual renewal letter/leaflet. He wrote on the bottom of the letter that both him and his wife were now suffering from ill health and regrettably would not be able to renew and/or attend in the coming season. He sent the letter back to Hibs with a note saying how much the club meant to them both and how witnessing winning The Scottish Cup was extra special. Two or three days later he got a call at home from Leanne in which they had a 'great wee chat'. She invited him and his wife for a full days hospitality at the QOS game as a wee gift of thanks for their support over the years. My client told me that their day was totally brilliant, they both enjoyed themselves so much and it really lifted their spirits meeting a good few of their Hibs Heroes.

I say, good on you Hibs, a real community spirit indeed. Well done to all involved, you really made these two feel on top of the world.

GGTTH

hibee
26-04-2017, 04:03 PM
Brilliant and well deserved too.

FranckSuzy
26-04-2017, 04:09 PM
Wonderful :not worth

Robinho08
26-04-2017, 04:09 PM
Hibs class. 👍🏼

Deansy
26-04-2017, 04:11 PM
A great wee story, I was chatting to a client, who both him and his wife are nearly 80 and Season Ticket holders for umpteen years. He told me that he had, like us all got his annual renewal letter/leaflet. He wrote on the bottom of the letter that both him and his wife were now suffering from ill health and regrettably would not be able to renew and/or attend in the coming season. He sent the letter back to Hibs with a note saying how much the club meant to them both and how witnessing winning The Scottish Cup was extra special. Two or three days later he got a call at home from Leanne in which they had a 'great wee chat'. She invited him and his wife for a full days hospitality at the QOS game as a wee gift of thanks for their support over the years. My client told me that their day was totally brilliant, they both enjoyed themselves so much and it really lifted their spirits meeting a good few of their Hibs Heroes.

I say, good on you Hibs, a real community spirit indeed. Well done to all involved, you really made these two feel on top of the world.

GGTTH

Yet another example of the great work LD reguarly does for this club - I really hope we have her on a very long contract !

stoneyburn hibs
26-04-2017, 04:14 PM
Lovely story, Hibs class.

Kaff
26-04-2017, 04:22 PM
That's great, and an important game too not a dead rubber so to speak.
Well done to those involved, heart warming story

SON OF PADDY
26-04-2017, 04:24 PM
It's great to hear such story's,it really does show the difference Leanne has made to our great club.
Glad the old yin's enjoyed themselves, well done to all concerned.

Jack Hackett
26-04-2017, 04:27 PM
:top marks

:flag:

GreenLake
26-04-2017, 04:28 PM
Nice gesture

HFCdeb
26-04-2017, 04:48 PM
Love hearing stuff like this.

Liam89
26-04-2017, 04:55 PM
Aww she's just brilliant isn't she! Hope the recipients enjoyed their day.

Just Alf
26-04-2017, 05:05 PM
Brilliant stuff.

Also, the fact we're only hearing about it indirectly shows that on the club's part it was a heartfelt thank you and not a publicity thing.

GGTTH

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

aljo7-0
26-04-2017, 05:08 PM
That's great. The club really is doing so much so well at the moment.

Golden Bear
26-04-2017, 05:25 PM
Aw bless.

:flag:

Deek9
26-04-2017, 05:30 PM
Lovely gesture from Leanne and the club to a wonderful couple. Absolutely Hibs class!

banarc7062
26-04-2017, 05:33 PM
Confirms why we support a class Club. GGTTH. You never hear anything along these lines at other Clubs??

lucky
26-04-2017, 05:38 PM
LD just gets what it is to be a fan and understands how to treat supporters

frazeHFC
26-04-2017, 05:48 PM
Best signing we've made in years!

mca
26-04-2017, 07:18 PM
:applause: Well Done LD and Hibs.. Great wee story.. :top marks

Bristolhibby
26-04-2017, 07:19 PM
What a great gesture.

Proud to be a Hibby.

J

The Green Goblin
26-04-2017, 07:23 PM
Great story! :top marks

Santa Cruz
26-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Impressive. Glory Glory to the Hibees!

Vault Boy
26-04-2017, 07:51 PM
This is brilliant. Hope the couple involved are healthy enough to come along occasionally next season.

McIntosh
26-04-2017, 07:58 PM

GGTTH I think I shared a table with them. Were they originally from Montrose?

Glory Lurker
26-04-2017, 08:10 PM
Also, the fact we're only hearing about it indirectly shows that on the club's part it was a heartfelt thank you and not a publicity thing.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Exactly. She is absolute class.

biggineurope
26-04-2017, 08:12 PM
No not from Montrose mate.

lyonhibs
26-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Confirms why we support a class Club. GGTTH. You never hear anything along these lines at other Clubs??

I'll bet on other fan forums similar stories crop up that don't make it into the media.

Great story though. We've certainly become a more caring and connected club from the top down since she came in.

Islington Hibs
26-04-2017, 09:01 PM
She is a class act and not flashy. Simply does the right thing without making a fuss or seeking cheap publicity. She did something similar for a friend of mine who sadly died of cancer. She cares and the attention to detail is outstanding. In my view she has been the biggest factor behind our resurgence (from the absolute doldrums). Great to have a songs about McGinn and co. About time we had one about her. I really hope she stays and finishes the job.

kaimendhibs
26-04-2017, 09:24 PM
Absolute class. Lump in my throat

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

26-04-2017, 09:28 PM
Absolutely class from Leeann :top marks

And all the best to the couple!

California-Hibs
26-04-2017, 09:29 PM
Love it!

Tamhere1875
26-04-2017, 10:05 PM
We have all these different player of the year awards what about a person of the year ... step forward Leeann defiantly the star of the show.

Jamesie
26-04-2017, 10:16 PM
We have all these different player of the year awards what about a person of the year ... step forward Leeann defiantly the star of the show.

It's when you read stories like the one in this thread that you realise just how far the club has come on in terms of connecting with the fan base since Leeanne came on board - well done Leeanne! :thumbsup:

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-04-2017, 10:21 PM
Leeann is one of the biggest reasons we are currently Scottish Cup holders. Glorious woman and bloody awesome at her job.

Amazing story

Hibernia&Alba
27-04-2017, 08:05 AM
That's a really nice touch from the club. Thanks for posting it.

Baker9
27-04-2017, 08:20 AM
Leeann is one of the biggest reasons we are currently Scottish Cup holders. Glorious woman and bloody awesome at her job.

Amazing story

May she stay with us a long as she wants.

On another track, my wife and I are getting on in years and whilst we are both in very good health we are also major chancers where free food and drink are concerned. As I write this, my wife is drafting a letter to Hibs. :greengrin

One Day
27-04-2017, 09:18 AM

May she stay with us a long as she wants.

On another track, my wife and I are getting on in years and whilst we are both in very good health we are also major chancers where free food and drink are concerned. As I write this, my wife is drafting a letter to Hibs. :greengrin

made me laugh

NAE NOOKIE
27-04-2017, 11:13 AM
I struggled up to ER last night with a nasty bruise on my knee after banging into the seat in front of me when we equalised at Hampden and an astroturf friction burn from walking football that very afternoon ........ I demand the club acknowledge my sacrifice :grr:

Nah ..... seriously good stuff from Hibs here, any club that fails to acknowledge the commitment and loyalty of its fans is letting itself down, by the looks of it that's something that wont be happening under LD's watch, what a breath of fresh air the woman is to this club :aok:

JDHibs
27-04-2017, 11:32 AM
Superb, Top class!

Real sense of community around the club since Leeann came in! Love the woman!

Geo_1875
27-04-2017, 02:28 PM
Great stuff from all at Hibs. I think the office staffer who picked this up and passed it up the chain also deserves a mention. Would have been so easy to file and forget.

Hibby70
27-04-2017, 03:40 PM
Get her on the pitch at halftime or the end of the game so we can all give her a big cheer.

Deek9
27-04-2017, 06:24 PM
One Leanne​ Dempster, there's only one Leanne Dempster...