PDA

View Full Version : Alex Harris

cmcd
15-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Alex Harris take a bow .Great to see him playing as we hoped he could

calumhibee1
15-04-2017, 04:51 PM
I've been critical of him and I still don't think he has a future at Hibs, but he played very well today. If he could play like that every week he'd probably start most games.

SMAXXA
15-04-2017, 04:52 PM
Would love to see him make an impact and progress but honestly dont think he will be here next season. Great lad and the next few weeks for him could be the difference between a good career or langusing in the lower leagues imo

Deansy
15-04-2017, 04:52 PM

That's great to hear - keep it up, Alex !!

houstonhibbee
15-04-2017, 04:54 PM
Would love to see him make an impact and progress but honestly dont think he will be here next season. Great lad and the next few weeks for him could be the difference between a good career or langusing in the lower leagues imo
Lennon sees his potential. Think he'll be here next season. Then we'll see if he can make it.

HappyAsHellas
15-04-2017, 04:55 PM
Has to be worth a start next week as he showed today he's more than capable, and hopefully he takes this opportunity.

iwasthere1972
15-04-2017, 04:55 PM
Great run down the wing with a burst of pace. Good to see him back. Maybe he'll prove us doubters, including me, wrong. Could be our secret weapon late on against the sheep.

SMAXXA
15-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Lennon sees his potential. Think he'll be here next season. Then we'll see if he can make it.

Wouldn't be so sure but I hope your right. I'm not saying he's not seen his potential but realising potential and unanimously saying there is one is an altogether different thing.

DarlingtonHibee
15-04-2017, 04:57 PM
Played well very positive when he came on.

hfc rd
15-04-2017, 04:58 PM
Was excellent when he came on! Really hope he gets back to his best like the Alex Harris of the 2012/13 season

Vault Boy
15-04-2017, 04:59 PM
Would love him to succeed. When he's on his game, he's exactly what we need in this team.

houstonhibbee
15-04-2017, 05:00 PM
Wouldn't be so sure but I hope your right. I'm not saying he's not seen his potential but realising potential and unanimously saying there is one is an altogether different thing.
he wouldn't be playing the last 2 games if Lennon didn't see his potential. Unless he does something very bad I think he will get offered a new contract. potential match winner next week.

SMAXXA
15-04-2017, 05:01 PM
What I thought was one of the best parts of today was the collective feeling and support the fans had everytine he got the ball 'come on son show us the form you had we want you here'

Pretty Boy
15-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Done well today.

If he can show that in the next 3 games he MIGHT be worth another year on a low wage to prove he can sustain it

Craig_in_Prague
15-04-2017, 05:07 PM
Was excellent when he came on! Really hope he gets back to his best like the Alex Harris of the 2012/13 season

Waiting on him to come good is like my diet.

At least one seems to have a chance! :)

stoneyburn hibs
15-04-2017, 05:08 PM
What I thought was one of the best parts of today was the collective feeling and support the fans had everytine he got the ball 'come on son show us the form you had we want you here'

It was, weve seen it and we want to see it again. Great encouragement for Harris today.

houstonhibbee
15-04-2017, 05:09 PM
Waiting on him to come good is like my diet.

At least one seems to have a chance! :)
The long wait is almost over. For you just reduce the carbs:wink:

Allant1981
15-04-2017, 05:14 PM
Has to be worth a start next week as he showed today he's more than capable, and hopefully he takes this opportunity.

played well but no danger should he start next week, same starting line up as today, that midfield that started is one of the best in the country

15-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Been critical of Harris in the past but must admit he looked alot like the exciting player who burst onto the scene 4 years ago today. Fast and direct. Well done!

SMAXXA
15-04-2017, 05:31 PM
No danger should be start next week, coming on at home well in control of the game is one thing playing against the second best team in the country in a Scottish cup semi final after 2 sub appearances nearly all season is another. Wouldn't surprise me if he's not featured at all next week. Mind give us another hampden performance like the Falkirk game and he can start for me lol 😜

lucky
15-04-2017, 05:34 PM
A good performance but too little too late for a new contract

Skol
15-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Funny how people see things differently.

Yes there were a couple of promising times, but there were plenty mixed and dissapointing times as well. Often looked to avoid or get rid of the ball. Had one great run after the defender sold himself and could have done better with half a chance not long after being on.

Would be a risk to start him IMO. Worth starting in the 3 league games though

21sMay
15-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Desperate to see Harris make a career at us and firmly believe he will

ancient hibee
15-04-2017, 05:47 PM
Boyle seldom finds a player with a cross.Harris came on and laid on a sitter.Deserves another season.

Ozyhibby
15-04-2017, 05:59 PM
Harris was excellent when he came on today. If he was to manage to turn this round now I think it would be the biggest footballing comeback of all time.[emoji23]
Seriously though, if he can get back to producing like that then maybe there is an outside chance he could get a one year extension. I was pleasantly surprised today. And also fair play to him for bulking up a bit, there has obviously been some hard work going on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highland_Hibee
15-04-2017, 06:00 PM
A good performance but too little too late for a new contract

We still have 3 games left this season. With promotion achieved I say let him play, there is a player in there. We just need to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
15-04-2017, 06:06 PM

Yes there were a couple of promising times, but there were plenty mixed and dissapointing times as well. Often looked to avoid or get rid of the ball. Had one great run after the defender sold himself and could have done better with half a chance not long after being on.

You're right, people see things differently and imo you're being very harsh on the lad by being so downbeat over what was a very good performance.

wookie70
15-04-2017, 06:09 PM
I would start Harris in all the remaining league games with the instruction to go and win a contract. He was excellent today and showed how dangerous a player he could be for us. Combine Alex's brain, crossing and vision with Boyle's heart, effort and guts and you would have a great player. The good news for Alex is you can learn to work harder and put more a shift in and it's not impossible to get that bottle back. I hope he gets an extension, he probably doesn't deserve one at the moment but he is the type of player I love watching.

PeterboroHibee
15-04-2017, 06:11 PM
I cant say I particularly rate Harris, but that may be down to his confidence being destroyed by Butcher, and Stubbs not really favouring wingers. If Lennon sees something in him and feels he can get performances out of him, at 22 there is still plenty of time. The remaining league games are the perfect opportunity for him to show he should still be at the club next season.

seanshow
15-04-2017, 06:20 PM
He looks stronger and more confident, look forward to see if he can push on next season and get a permanent place in midfield.

Tom Hart RIP
15-04-2017, 06:21 PM
NL out of dugout applauding him after he set up James Keatings.

Hi Heid Yin
15-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Of course it was good to see Harris turn in a decent performance, but this does not change things for me, as he appears to have an inherant mental fragility and has failed to deliver, injuries aside, for the bulk of his time at Easter Road.
I really think his future lies outwith Hibs and in the 2nd tier (at best).
I truly wish him well, and if Lennon keeps him on then fair play, I will bow to his superior insight, but even then I see Harris as no more than a back-up/peripheral squad player.
Of course I would love to be proved wrong by the player and he goes on to cement a regular starting place.

J-C
15-04-2017, 06:45 PM
Looked stronger and more willing to accept the ball, loved his touch and jump over the defender on the wing, if that was last season he would've bottled putting his foot in and simply hurdled the challenge. I for one would love to be wrong and hope he does have a career here.

cmcd
15-04-2017, 06:46 PM

For goodness sake give the lad a break .He had a few great runs passed the ball well and always a team mate and and almost scored .

Big L
15-04-2017, 06:48 PM
It's amazing that even after today's performance, some people think alex Harris won't make it at Hibs. I think it is certain that he will get a new contract and that we will see him back to his best. Have a little faith!

sbell1875
15-04-2017, 06:50 PM
Thought he was superb when he came on today. He looked threatening on the run and barely put a foot wrong. Keatings should have converted his cut back though.

500miles
15-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Lennon has him looking like an athlete, taking on players and he's finally fit. Like Handling, it's not chronic injury that's caused him problems, it's acute injuries, things that heal but are severe at the time.

Hopefully he gets a run of games.

Argylehibby
15-04-2017, 06:59 PM

:top marks he is a very good football player, Lennon seems to be building his confidence up and the future is looking bright for him. Thought he was excellent today when he came on.

Fergos
15-04-2017, 07:00 PM
NL out of dugout applauding him after he set up James Keatings.

Shows the quality of Neil Lennon man manager wise.

Great to hear the fans willing him on too, there is a player in there for sure.

Cmon Boozy, well done pal.

GGTTH

Smartie
15-04-2017, 07:08 PM
I was delighted to see him go on and play the way he did.

Some of these comments are ridiculous. If he continues to make his mark on games the way he did today, of course he is good enough to play for us.

It's not Alex who lacks the mental strength, it's the fans who want to prejudge him based on what has gone on in the past rather than what he is providing now.

In a season when we've lacked pace and creativity and we are still very much alive in the cup, it is great to have someone else thrusting themselves into contention for a role this season.

If he manages to do that, next season takes care of itself.

Sir David Gray
15-04-2017, 07:09 PM
I would love to see him make it at Hibs and although I have my doubts, he did well today and if he can keep that sort of performance levels up then who knows?

CMurdoch
15-04-2017, 07:10 PM
He is looking stronger and all he needs is to build up his confidence.
He has had a lot to cope with in his young life and might just be ready now to come out the other side.
I'm willing him on to make the grade

Johnny Clash
15-04-2017, 07:14 PM
There's no doubt the lad has talent. On form - he's one of the most exciting players we have.

:flag:

eastmainsmsh
15-04-2017, 07:15 PM
Very good when he came on love to see him fulfill his undoubted potential

Billy Whizz
15-04-2017, 08:11 PM
After Alex's 1st run on the right hand side for the Keatings chance, the lad in front of me said, I haven't seen Alex run this fast in 3 years.
I've been fortunate enough to see him play in the last 3 Development games, and he's looked really sharp and confident
Don't think he'll start next week, but think he's got a contribution to make

Brightside
15-04-2017, 09:12 PM

Easy replacement for the Shinnie role.

QMU-1875
15-04-2017, 09:27 PM
Was great seeing him come on today and play so well, hope we keep him for another year there is a player in there and he showed it when he came on

Steviethebear
15-04-2017, 09:33 PM
Looked good today, I would keep him

Lancs Harp
15-04-2017, 09:34 PM
I thought he put a cracking little cameo perfomance in today. I look forward to seeing a bit more.

IberianHibernian
15-04-2017, 09:44 PM
I`m one of the few here who have defended him all season and I thought he did well today but I certainly wouldn`t judge him ( or anyone else in the team today ) on today given the weakness of the opposition and the fact result was decided when he came on . I really hope he stays because I doubt we`ll be signing better and he could go on to be a big star in the next few years . As Ancient Hibbie mentioned earlier Harris rarely loses possession unlike almost all his teammates . He seems to be the only player who can use both feet and control the ball with one touch too - commentaries are full of Cummings /Boyle /Shinnie etc etc took one touch too many , showed too much of ball etc . Here assumption seems to be that he`ll stay if given an offer but I`d be amazed if other clubs are not interested in him too given the shortage of talented players in Scotland . Presume he`ll get more playing time in last 3 league games and hopefully in 2 cup games too but won`t be reading too much into last 3 league games now so would hope we`re planning to make him a good offer whatever .

Onceinawhile
15-04-2017, 10:23 PM
Wouldn't have him in the team v aberdeen.

Would do v Ayr though.

overdrive
15-04-2017, 10:34 PM
I said at half time that we should release every one of today's subs at the end of the season with the exception of Bartley. Harris made me eat my words.

IberianHibernian
15-04-2017, 10:40 PM
I said at half time that we should release every one of today's subs at the end of the season with the exception of Bartley. Harris made me eat my words.
Half an hour against a defeated team with nothing to play for shouldn`t make you change your mind . Seeing a player who rarely loses control of the ball or passes to opponents should convince you he should not only get a new contract offer but should also be playing more . Was disappointed that he wasn`t on from the start today . Today we saw that quality like McGeoch and Fyvie make a huge difference and make it easier for players with less ability . Hopefully Harris will stay , get a good pre season and make an impact in league next season .

Hillsidehibby
15-04-2017, 10:41 PM
Surprised to see him come on to be honest

Jamesie
15-04-2017, 11:40 PM
It's not Alex who lacks the mental strength, it's the fans who want to prejudge him based on what has gone on in the past rather than what he is providing now.

:top marks Hate to say it but I have always detected a wee bit inverse snobbery amongst some posters in their comments about Harris.

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2017, 11:50 PM

Worth a start? You're kidding surely, he done okay but not near a start in a semi final.

fishybeaver
16-04-2017, 06:09 AM
Think he will start Boyle looked injured when he came off, was holding his groin.

The Spaceman
16-04-2017, 06:18 AM
Lennon clearly rates him given his recent press releases and would not be throwing him on the park for game time if he was likely to be getting chucked in the summer.

He gave us a new and very threatening dimension yesterday, reminiscent of when he first burst onto the scene with us. Combine that with the fact he has bulked up then we could be back to having a great player on our hands. Worth 1 more year IMO.

hibsbollah
16-04-2017, 06:27 AM
Well chuffed if he makes it back into the team. Plays the game the right way.

Green&White
16-04-2017, 06:52 AM
Always struck me as a very inconsistent player. Even during his loan spell at dundee he was on fire first quarter of that season and then completly fell away. Great that hes bulked up abit though as he was like a scared wee lamb when he last had a run of game with us. Hope he comes good. Love a pacey winger me

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
16-04-2017, 07:52 AM
Thought he was superb when he came on today. He looked threatening on the run and barely put a foot wrong. Keatings should have converted his cut back though.
Keatings won't be her next season imo...like Holt and Graham simply not good enough. Harris has a far better chance of earning a deal imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
16-04-2017, 07:56 AM
Always struck me as a very inconsistent player. Even during his loan spell at dundee he was on fire first quarter of that season and then completly fell away. Great that hes bulked up abit though as he was like a scared wee lamb when he last had a run of game with us. Hope he comes good. Love a pacey winger me

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
The boy suffered an horrific injury then fell foul of the Butcher...let's cut him some slack. Wingers are always inconsistent...most of us love Boyle but he is infuriating at times.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-04-2017, 07:58 AM
Not the wee boy who you can shove over anymore. Maybe unfair but I compared him to Jinky McCluskey with all the talent and tricks but one good clattering could get him out of the game. Still a player in there and it's up to him to prove that he can be a first team pick.

Bishop Hibee
16-04-2017, 08:01 AM
A good 25 mins but QoS had given up the ghost by the time he came on. I'll trust Lennon to decide whether he stays or goes.

Golden Bear
16-04-2017, 08:04 AM
:top marks Hate to say it but I have always detected a wee bit inverse snobbery amongst some posters in their comments about Harris.

Spot on.

Thegreenside
16-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Looked like the laddie that first broke thought a few years ago. Should of had an assist

Alex Trager
16-04-2017, 08:19 AM
He looked good.
He beat his men.
He was always eager to get on the ball.
Good cross for keatings, who fluffed big time.
Also burst into the box and tried to shoot but was snuffed out unfortunately.

Positive

calumhibee1
16-04-2017, 08:24 AM
It's amazing that even after today's performance, some people think alex Harris won't make it at Hibs. I think it is certain that he will get a new contract and that we will see him back to his best. Have a little faith!

It's really not amazing. He had one run and a couple nice touches in a 25 minute spell in a game against a team who had given up the ghost because they were 3-0 down. That's really nowhere near enough to change peoples minds after 4 seasons of offering absolutely nothing. He done well yesterday, and I'd love to see him make it at Hibs, but the idea that yesterday should have been enough to get a new contract and change everyones opinions is simply laughable.

marinello59
16-04-2017, 08:30 AM
It's really not amazing. He had one run and a couple nice touches in a 25 minute spell in a game against a team who had given up the ghost because they were 3-0 down. That's really nowhere near enough to change peoples minds after 4 seasons of offering absolutely nothing. He done well yesterday, and I'd love to see him make it at Hibs, but the idea that yesterday should have been enough to get a new contract and change everyones opinions is simply laughable.

Queen of the South had not given up the ghost, they were still trying to get something from the game right up until the final whistle.
Harris did well. The support Lennon was giving him from the dugout was remarkable. He knows we have a real asset there.

lucky
16-04-2017, 08:43 AM
A 25 minute cameo appearance does not make up for doing nothing in the last 3 seasons. I don't think he's good enough and can't see him getting a new deal

The Leith Dutch
16-04-2017, 08:50 AM
Keatings won't be her next season imo...like Holt and Graham simply not good enough. Harris has a far better chance of earning a deal imo

While I think you may well be right about Holt not being here I think the one thing he did show is that we look a much better prospect in certain types of game with a Centre Forward who can bully a defence and I would actually target that role as a key signing.

As for Harris I'd give him a new deal - it's likely to be a relatively cheap option and more than worth a punt.

GreenOnions
16-04-2017, 11:06 AM
It was great to see him come on yesterday and I was really encouraged to see him play with confidence.

What a boost it would be if Alex could push his way into the team for next season by being the player we all thought he was capable of being at the outset.

cmcd
16-04-2017, 02:06 PM
A 25 minute cameo appearance does not make up for doing nothing in the last 3 seasons. I don't think he's good enough and can't see him getting a new deal

There is always one .Give the lad a chance . In my opinion you will be eating a big slice of humble pie next season

BSEJVT
16-04-2017, 02:55 PM
I have said often enough that I would love Alex to regain his confidence as pace is a priceless commodity in a team and one we have lacked brutally for donkeys years, Boyle apart.

If we were judging Alex on his time on the ball yesterday then I would give him 7-10. I thought he should have done much better when he broke into the box, but other than that his cameo was encouraging.

I doubt though that the deciding factor on Alex will be his time on the ball.

There were a couple of occasions yesterday, and I would need to see them again to be sure, when I felt he could have put in a tackle and he didn't look remotely interested in doing so.

In the SPL we will need everyone to compete for every ball. IMO Alex will need to convince that he has recovered the confidence and bravery to do so.

Unseen work
16-04-2017, 02:56 PM
Done well, kept it safe mostly but that is also good to see. Was an easy game for him to come on to, 3-0 up away to be crowned champions so was good management by Lennon.

Skinned 2 of there players for the Keatings chance and most importantly had the ability to lift his head and execute the right pass.

Also showed really good movement for through ball that Fyvie? Picked out.

Long way to go but it was an encouraging appearance.