bingo70
12-04-2017, 07:34 PM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5863

Anyone for a bake sale? 🎂

Eyrie
12-04-2017, 07:38 PM

I don't want to upset my anti-virus software, so what does it say?

JeMeSouviens
12-04-2017, 07:39 PM
Is there a tl;dr ?

H18 SFR
12-04-2017, 07:40 PM
Safe to say Cathro is going nowhere. He will be there for ever unless he picks up and another team takes him which is highly unlikely.

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-04-2017, 07:41 PM
Begging bowl out again?, is Budge a watered down version of mad Vlad?, will they be be asking the royal snob house of Roseberry for more handouts? will there be any chance of getting Mary Berry involved for a "bake out for tynie?"

The list is endless.

What a weird bunch.

bingo70
12-04-2017, 07:43 PM
I don't want to upset my anti-virus software, so what does it say?

It's a 52 page document (well it feels like that reading it) covering everything going on at Hearts the now.

Cathro is a genius and it's just the media making him look bad.
Levein is a footballing god and nobody can do their job without him.
They are skint and have the begging bowl out again with various offers for fans to pay £100 for **** all.
They are going to be doing things like family fun days and bake sales to raise funds (no really, they are)
Season ticket prices are going up.
Some pish about silver and platinum seating areas.

Think that pretty much covers it.

H18 SFR
12-04-2017, 07:46 PM
Jesus Christ, they're charging £100 to guarantee their season ticket seats for cup games. They still have to PAY for the seat though for each match.

marinello59
12-04-2017, 07:46 PM

A clear indication that Budge is feeling the pressure.

The Captain....
12-04-2017, 07:47 PM
The gargoyles over the road will no doubt be foaming at the mouth after reading that. All very jolly hockey sticks and short on any accountability imo. It's all the presses fault, they're the only team that gets injuries and finishing below St Johnstone after spending a fortune in January was all part of the master plan.

Also sounds like the funding is a bit of a headache for the new stand. Worrying times for those of a pink persuasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

007 Mickey Weir
Jesus Christ, they're charging £100 to guarantee their season ticket seats for cup games. They still have to PAY for the seat though for each match.

What two games a season max ... 😂

Alex Trager
I've not finished this yet.

But how atrociously written is it?

It's like she's trying to be their pals.

It is how I'd construct a text lots of parenthesis for effect...

Now read this and tell me if it makes grammatical sense.

"Ian is particularly articulate and in his post-match interview and always attempts to give an honest and fulsome evaluation of how he sees things"

I have now realised the length of this statement and can't be arsed

H18 SFR
12-04-2017, 07:48 PM
Jesus Christ again, they've to pay £100 up front to secure discounts in the club shop. What the actual ****?

Lancs Harp
12-04-2017, 07:48 PM
Hearts doing a Jam tart sale? How on earth did they manage to dream that one up?

bingo70
12-04-2017, 07:49 PM
I like the idea of the football challenge in amongst the bouncy castles and bake sales after the last game of the season.

If only there was some sort of football challenge they could take part in before the season ends.

Galahibby
12-04-2017, 07:49 PM

What if they get away draws? Do they get their £100 back? 😂

H18 SFR
12-04-2017, 07:51 PM
They really are a shameless begging bowl of a mess.

H18 SFR
12-04-2017, 07:52 PM

No.

bingo70
12-04-2017, 07:52 PM

"Ian is particularly articulate and in his post-match interview and always attempts to give an honest and fulsome evaluation of how he sees things"

Was murder to read but I thought that may just have been the content of it?

Why the need to cover so many things in the one statement? IMO they're a shambles and they don't have a clue what they're doing.

Craig_HFC
12-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Selling the bricks to make BBQ's

:faf:

Alex Trager
12-04-2017, 07:54 PM
Was murder to read but I thought that may just have been the content of it?

Why the need to cover so many things in the one statement? IMO they're a shambles and they don't have a clue what they're doing.

It seems as though no one has proof read it.

It's not professional at all, which is fine, with regards to the tone of it.

To put a statement out that is grammatically wrong is just poor.
I've not even got to the bake sale yet haha

RoYO!
12-04-2017, 07:54 PM

Haha I got about a paragraph more than that and reached the same conclusion!

bingo70
12-04-2017, 07:57 PM
It seems as though no one has proof read it.

It's not professional at all, which is fine, with regards to the tone of it.

To put a statement out that is grammatically wrong is just poor.
I've not even got to the bake sale yet haha

When they said Cathro had been there since 2106 I did wonder just how long I'd been reading that bloody statement for.

Alex Trager
12-04-2017, 07:58 PM
When they said Cathro had been there since 2106 I did wonder just how long I'd been reading that bloody statement for.

Haha you're joking me?
I missed that.

I am dyslexic mind yon

stantonhibby
12-04-2017, 08:01 PM

So a sort of cup top up scheme costing £100 but without the top up. Genius

Sir David Gray
12-04-2017, 08:01 PM

Two if they draw us in both cups. :greengrin

greenlad
12-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Still haven't decided if they are offering season ticket holders in the Roseburn full tickets or if they'll move them for Cat A games. Basically Hibs may only get 1,500 tickets for Tynecastle next season.

Would hope we'd respond in kind with their allocation.

bingo70
12-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Haha you're joking me?
I missed that.

I am dyslexic mind yon

They've fixed it now, I only noticed it as someone was taking the piss out them on twitter about it.

Sauzee07
12-04-2017, 08:04 PM
What a mess our neighbours are in, fantastic juxtaposition with our own clubs fortunes.

Seems odd too with Budge's on field six month review that there is no mention of their Scottish Cup run?

Aldo
12-04-2017, 08:04 PM
Wow!! They really are struggling in the money stakes!!

Wonder if they actually get what she's doing??

We want your money, you might not get anything back for your money, but we need your money!

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stantonhibby
12-04-2017, 08:05 PM
What a mess our neighbours are in, fantastic juxtaposition with our own clubs fortunes.

Seems odd too with Budge's on field six month review that there is no mention of their Scottish Cup run?

'Run' would be pushing it

Johnny_Leith
12-04-2017, 08:05 PM
No mention of cup performance, wonder why 😂

Lester B
12-04-2017, 08:14 PM
How badly written is this? It's awful. Don't they employ people in PR there who could at least proof read it? If nothing else to make it read well even though the content would still remain crazed nonsense?

Sir David Gray
12-04-2017, 08:15 PM

I think you need to win at least two rounds in a cup before it can be described as a "run".

There's was more of a waddle.

SuperAllyMcleod
12-04-2017, 08:19 PM
"Ian is particularly articulate" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sir David Gray
12-04-2017, 08:21 PM

Compared with who/what?

stantonhibby
12-04-2017, 08:22 PM
Compared with who/what?

Ann Budge?

PatHead
12-04-2017, 08:34 PM
And all on the day we announced 7500 season tickets sold. Shows how the tide has turned.

Mr White
12-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Compared with who/what?

Boomhauer from King of the Hill?

ColinNish
12-04-2017, 08:36 PM
Boomhauer from King of the Hill?

😂😂😂 good yin!! 👍🏻

.Sean.
12-04-2017, 08:36 PM
I canny wait til the knock down the potting shed, realise they're absolutely screwed for cash to throw up the new stand and are left with three tin cans and a building site round a tattie field

lapsedhibee
12-04-2017, 08:37 PM

That's madder than anything that Mad Vlad McMad came up with.

stoneyburn hibs
12-04-2017, 08:37 PM
Ian must have wrote that, or at the very least he's had a hand in it.

Barney McGrew
12-04-2017, 08:39 PM
I canny wait til the knock down the potting shed, realise they're absolutely screwed for cash to throw up the new stand and are left with three tin cans and a building site round a tattie field

Aye, but you have to remember they'll still have a massive truss.

It's apparently how all big teams operate, we just can't understand .

SuperAllyMcleod
A "fundraising week" - so basically we've always managed to convince the fans to pay for everything in the past and we are going to do the same again for the stand. Come along and bring all the money you have!

I suppose it's better than borrowing it and not paying it back. [emoji23]

gogsy23
Am sure we both have agreements in place around this, both get full away allocation for stands.

Still haven't decided if they are offering season ticket holders in the Roseburn full tickets or if they'll move them for Cat A games. Basically Hibs may only get 1,500 tickets for Tynecastle next season.

Would hope we'd respond in kind with their allocation.

Jonnyboy
12-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Was speaking to a staunch Jambo today and he told me that him and his mate are not renewing their season tickets, after 20 years of each having one. They also intend to cancel their FoH contributions. "Why?" I asked and was told they are fed up with the football, don't rate Cathro and are stinging in their criticiusm of his signings, hate Levein and perhaps most importantly, given the nature of this thread, they're sick of being continuously asked for more money.

I doubt they're alone

calumhibee1
12-04-2017, 08:45 PM
I'm not reading that.

So in conclusion, Hearts fans can buy a season ticket in all four stands next season. However, for cup games they'll have to give away the whole stand if the other team wants it. So all season ticket holders will go into a lottery for a seat for these games, and there won't be enough seats for each season ticket holder. So if you pay £100 you're guaranteed the opportunity to buy a ticket, but the ticket is not included in that price. Is that correct?

.Sean.
12-04-2017, 08:46 PM
I see the auld crow had budgeted for a fourth place finish. They'll be lucky if they scrape 5th so there's another x amount of cash they'll need to scrounge from somewhere. No millions but every little helps and that.

Hope the Gorgie branch of Lidl are stocked up on eggs, milk and icing sugar and their grannies have cleaned their pinnies.

I'd genuinely be mortified if my football club put out a begging note like that.

wookie70
12-04-2017, 08:47 PM
'Run' would be pushing it Jogging briefly on the spot before running out of breath and limping home would be more accurate.

bingo70
12-04-2017, 08:49 PM
I see the auld crow had budgeted for a fourth place finish. They'll be lucky if they scrape 5th so there's another x amount if cash they'll need to scrounge from somewhere.

Hope the Gorgie branch of Lidl are stocked up on eggs, milk and icing sugar and their grannies have cleaned their pinnies.

I'd genuinely be mortified if my football club put out a begging note like that.

Thing is, if they'd marketed it properly they could have done it to build relations between the club, the players and the fans, much like a lot of the German clubs do.

Instead they've admitted to being skint and are trying to raise funds the way you'd expect a boys club to raise money.

PapillonVert
12-04-2017, 08:50 PM
Was speaking to a staunch Jambo today and he told me that him and his mate are not renewing their season tickets, after 20 years of each having one. They also intend to cancel their FoH contributions. "Why?" I asked and was told they are fed up with the football, don't rate Cathro and are stinging in their criticiusm of his signings, hate Levein and perhaps most importantly, given the nature of this thread, they're sick of being continuously asked for more money.

I doubt they're alone

Like with Vlad, it is only a matter of time before the whole Ponzi-like scheme unravels.

That statement was a masterpiece of obfuscation.

"Keep paying, boys and girls, and your investment will return untold riches".

Aye, right.

Pretty Boy
12-04-2017, 08:51 PM
That's like something Hibs released 4 or 5 years ago when it was all starting/continuing to go wrong. 'Give us your money, we know what we're doing, if you don't give us your money we'll guilt trip you'.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Hearts are walking blindly down the same route we did for so many years. Long may it continue.

West lower
12-04-2017, 08:51 PM
So, a season ticket holder in the old asbestos stand used to pay £300. They now plan to make the new stand the same as platinum / gold in wheatfield. That is £480. Then add the new rate of 6% on top. Just for good measure then ask them for £100 up front to book their own seat for cup games( might not get a home tie ) . I reckon the natives will be raging. That is all before the direct debits and the bob a job week that is lined up. Fun times ahead.

Diclonius
12-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Not good reading for Hearts fans - literally and figuratively. Budge should have got someone to proofread that before she uploaded it, the overuse of ellipses is bizarre.

ST sales over here may well be higher than theirs next season. If Cathro stays in charge we'll definitely be more than a match for them and their entire season is defined by finishing above us/the derbies. Also, they still can't bring themselves to admit that the capacity of the new Tynie will be lower than ours.

H18 SFR
12-04-2017, 08:57 PM
So, a season ticket holder in the old asbestos stand used to pay £300. They now plan to make the new stand the same as platinum / gold in wheatfield. That is £480. Then add the new rate of 6% on top. Just for good measure then ask them for £100 up front to book their own seat for cup games( might not get a home tie ) . I reckon the natives will be raging. That is all before the direct debits and the bob a job week that is lined up. Fun times ahead.

Not a hint of frustration yet on Sickback. Truly brainwashed.

O'Rourke3
12-04-2017, 09:01 PM
Am sure we both have agreements in place around this, both get full away allocation for stands.

We don't.

Bostonhibby
12-04-2017, 09:03 PM
If I was cycling the clowns bicycle that is the yams I would just go for another share issue, that'll bring the cash rolling in.

Worked the last two times

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

12-04-2017, 09:06 PM
"2.3 Construction Phase – Part 3 : Fit-out

Having built the structure of the new building, we must, of course, then do the fit-out. This will be done in stages as cash-flow permits."

So they don't have the cash in place, right now, to fund the monstrosity! And are fleecing fans even more to do so. Jeez

Apart from that hilarious take on the "statement" ..... it's a bl00dy long read, more like a short novel! All fiction mind.

Danderhall Hibs
12-04-2017, 09:07 PM
Is the fundraising bit for Hutchison Vale or Hearts?

Embarrassing.

Danderhall Hibs
12-04-2017, 09:09 PM

Having built the structure of the new building, we must, of course, then do the fit-out. This will be done in stages as cash-flow permits."

So they don't have the cash in place, right now, to fund the monstrosity! And are fleecing fans even more to do so. Jeez

Apart from that hilarious take on the "statement" ..... it's a bl00dy long read, more like a short novel! All fiction mind.

That stand's got the makings of the sequel to the Scottish parliament.

madhibee_again
12-04-2017, 09:09 PM
If my child was at Tynecastle nursery I'd be questioning why the nursery was being fitted out last. After the Director Suites and Hospitality. Particularly when that part is being funded by the Council....

(.... added for emphasis... apparently that's what big teams do...)

green&left
12-04-2017, 09:10 PM

The whole main stand is currently silver. The "lower" wheatfield is also silver so will stay the same. "Upper" wheatfield fourth fifths is platinum. Likely this will be replicated across to the new main stand. A main stand jambo could go from £300 to £480 plus 6% in one season!

Good luck with that one budge. Thats probably more than Celtic!?

Curly1875
12-04-2017, 09:12 PM
If there is one thing Cathro needs it's more money thrown at him.

Long may it continue I say!

3pm

I doubt they're alone

Any more good news John? :o)

Alan62
I got bored pretty quickly and I'm not that tempted to go back and read it again.

What a pile of drivel. Badly written and way too much detail.

I can't imagine that many of our maroon chums will get round to reading it all. Delighted also to see that the money troubles are kicking in. Pleasing.

NZ Green
"l̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶" "It is still 'all to play for' as they say in football."

Winston Ingram
How badly written is this? It's awful. Don't they employ people in PR there who could at least proof read it? If nothing else to make it read well even though the content would still remain crazed nonsense?

To be fair, the season would be over by the time it took to edit a statement that length.

1van Sprou7e
I'm not sure what's more hilarious, the fact that they described Ian f***ing Cathro as "articulate" or the fact that they feel the need to say that in the first place :yamlaugh:

Marco G
12-04-2017, 09:13 PM
I'm not reading that.

So in conclusion, Hearts fans can buy a season ticket in all four stands next season. However, for cup games they'll have to give away the whole stand if the other team wants it. So all season ticket holders will go into a lottery for a seat for these games, and there won't be enough seats for each season ticket holder. So if you pay £100 you're guaranteed the opportunity to buy a ticket, but the ticket is not included in that price. Is that correct?
Yep, Budge basically saying Hearts need away support paying full whack to let Hearts keep paying the bills. Oh and by the way, all their own fans will have to cough up for more expensive STs and they need theym to also sign up for one of the many new money grabbing schemes they need to make ends meet. Fan ownership? Well not for a while yet by the look if it.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

PapillonVert
12-04-2017, 09:15 PM

The give-away was the pre-construction bit had 3 or 4 phases before the actual construction bit which also has 3 or 4 phases.

So many phases to get through to arrive at a final product.

Jones28
12-04-2017, 09:16 PM
After a brief skim through of that crock of **** I can safely say that if Hibs came out with any of that pish they'd be getting told to GTF by most of the support. Race nights and family fun days? 😂😂😂

Jim44
12-04-2017, 09:24 PM
Unsurprisingly the muppets are taking it hook, line and sinker and are absolutely wetting themselves at the quality of the report.

SirDavidsNapper
12-04-2017, 09:24 PM
Hearts are coming across as a cuddly wee fun club who don't see results on the park as the main priority.

Is It On....
12-04-2017, 09:30 PM
"No problem with any of that. She's good at articulating long term strategies. I'm happy to see how summer recruitment goes."
Although I think this is a bit of a better take
"Since administration we have consistently signed ***** players that we don't scout properly,the cash weve wasted on gash like Oshaniwa is not important as your contributions cover that,our football style is utterly boring but that's ok because that is going to be the ethos at all levels at Hearts.Sorry for getting beat again by Hibs that was Paterson and Souttars fault for being injured,thanks for your constant cashflow for our DOF to piss away though.I'm other news the stand is progressing" Source: Sickback

matty_f
12-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Throda's articulate if you take away all the pish he talks.

McD
12-04-2017, 09:32 PM
I'm not reading that.

What if every knuckledragger who takes a ST also coughs up the £100 to guarantee them their ticket for a cup game?

as you've said, cup games require the stand to be turned over to the away side (not all sides would want the whole stand, but certainly rangers, Celtic, us, Aberdeen, arguably st Johnstone and Dundee Utd would all want the whole stand), so how would that work when AB has allowed them to purchase a guarantee?

actually, part of me kind of hopes this happens just for the meltdown that would follow. Only a wee bit of me mind, would much rather they sold circa 200 STs (that's not a mistype btw) and got very little money in :greengrin

Deansy
12-04-2017, 09:33 PM
Folk on here criticising the way this 'statement's written - think it's quite obvious that, in an even further attempt to reduce costs, Anne Budge and the Huns Dave King are using the same ghost-writer for their proclamations. Both 'statements' are long-winded and say a lot without actually saying anything - apart from the joint request for more money. Standard fare really for 2 teams whose support reguarly battles it out for the 'Dumbest F*****S In Scottish Football' title - both statements WILL be swallowed easily.

poolman
12-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Hearts doing a Jam tart sale? How on earth did they manage to dream that one up?

It's in one of their "pop up stalls"

Can you still buy pop tarts ? 😷

calumhibee1
12-04-2017, 09:37 PM
What if every knuckledragger who takes a ST also coughs up the £100 to guarantee them their ticket for a cup game?

as you've said, cup games require the stand to be turned over to the away side (not all sides would want the whole stand, but certainly rangers, Celtic, us, Aberdeen, arguably st Johnstone and Dundee Utd would all want the whole stand), so how would that work when AB has allowed them to purchase a guarantee?

actually, part of me kind of hopes this happens just for the meltdown that would follow. Only a wee bit of me mind, would much rather they sold circa 200 STs (that's not a mistype btw) and got very little money in :greengrin

Having looked at it a little more it looks like they don't know if they're going to sell season tickets in the away stand. Most clubs are selling their season tickets and they don't even know if they're going to sell them in one of their stand or not. :confused: I've got no idea what this £100 one off payment is supposed to offer you now to be honest. Looks more and more like a "give us £100 and you'll get priority to buy your cup tickets but you will only be able to buy your own seat. Then once you've bought yours we'll let all the other people who didn't pay the £100 buy their own seat and they'll have the exact same thing you have but you'll be £100 down."

Lester B
12-04-2017, 09:39 PM
To be fair, the season would be over by the time it took to edit a statement that length.

Good point well made :agree:

Sammy7nil
12-04-2017, 09:43 PM

The only reason D Utd and St J would want the whole stand was so each travelling fan could have five or six seats to themselves.

southern hibby
12-04-2017, 09:46 PM

Think they should pay it then they will hopefully get drawn away from home

GGTTH

mcohibs
12-04-2017, 09:48 PM
Highlight of the article has to be...

'Seating comes in sections.. and when removed individually you are left in essence with 2 pieces of plastic! However, we are trying to work out a way to make it possible for supporters to have these, if they so desire.'

Yams queuing up to buy broken in half, pink-faded plastic seats from the asbestos stand [emoji23][emoji23] What an absolute shambles they are. In Budge We Trust

12-04-2017, 09:54 PM
"Ian is particularly articulate and in his post-match interview and always attempts to give an honest and fulsome evaluation of how he sees things."

They could have at least proof read this drivel.

SuperAllyMcleod
12-04-2017, 09:57 PM
Ok, so basically they are building a new stand but the cost of season tickets in the other stands are also going up to reflect the improved facilities - how does that work?

Other than not having to look at the eyesore of a main stand and having a non-slip surface in the Roseburn what facilities are being improved?

Non-slip surfaces and toilets - should these not be a given when you enter a stadium with a suitable safety certificate? Oh wait.....

Craig_in_Prague
12-04-2017, 09:57 PM
I'm a bit pished so gonna have to read this thread again tomorrow.
Just saying.

SuperAllyMcleod
12-04-2017, 09:58 PM
Just saying.

Very honest of you. [emoji3]

Craig_in_Prague
12-04-2017, 09:59 PM
Very honest of you. [emoji3]

On tram home and couldn't really follow it so realistically I'm the issue not the thread ;)

Bostonhibby
12-04-2017, 10:06 PM
Just saying.
Listen, whoever wrote it was pished when they did it and so was the proof reader. Don't worry about interpretation and issues like that just because you've had a beer. Never stops me.

Billy Whizz
12-04-2017, 10:07 PM
I would have thought most season tickets holders in the Roseburn will be wanting to move, either to the new plush mega bus shelter, or into the wheatfield somewhere. I don't think Hearts will be on a position financially, to not give Hibs,Rangers, Celtic the full stand next season

Stevie Reid
12-04-2017, 10:09 PM
Section there reminiscent of Rod's statement in support of Colin Calderwood.

heidtheba
12-04-2017, 10:09 PM
Apologies as I know these will have been posted already (and I didn't read this entire thread), but check these out...

"Any input from Craig…whether in note form from a vantage point in the stand or in any other form… is given purely to assist Ian’s decision-making. "

"Ian is particularly articulate and in his post-match interview and always attempts to give an honest and fulsome evaluation of how he sees things. His style of expression is quite different from many others in Scottish football"

"He (Cathro) is open, honest and engaging"

"We will have raffles, draws and auctions… where many of the prizes will be “money can’t buy” offerings."

"Please keep the week from the 7th May to 14th May as free as possible."

Jones28
12-04-2017, 10:11 PM
I would have thought most season tickets holders in the Roseburn will be wanting to move, either to the new plush mega bus shelter, or into the wheatfield somewhere. I don't think Hearts will be on a position financially, to not give Hibs,Rangers, Celtic the full stand next season

I bet the argument will be that now they've got more seats they can afford to give us and them the full away sections knowing that it will be 3200 x £28 guaranteed.

Eyrie
12-04-2017, 10:15 PM
It's a 52 page document (well it feels like that reading it) covering everything going on at Hearts the now.

They are skint and have the begging bowl out again with various offers for fans to pay £100 for **** all.
They are going to be doing things like family fun days and bake sales to raise funds (no really, they are)

Cheers.

This looks like being fun ... for us :devil:

lapsedhibee
12-04-2017, 10:19 PM
Throda's articulate if you take away all the pish he talks.

Shirley Throda's mute if you take away the pish? :confused:

Kaff
12-04-2017, 10:26 PM
Very embarrassing and collection tins out statement.
My interpretation of the £100 payment is that is one off payment (willing to be corrected) and for that they avoid the 6% increase and any other subsequent increase next two seasons (reality will probably be that the increase this season is not covered but they are protected for the following two seasons) for 3 seasons this could represent a £60-80 saving based on £400ish ST so £20-40 cup top up fee? Make it for 2 seasons and you're not looking at such good value.
Funny she mentions not mortgaging the future early on but that is exactly the position they're in and what this charade is fighting against, they will sell whoever they can this summer and although making signings too they won't initially be the names that will encourage ST sales, poor situation to be in where you need record ticket sales Ro stand still, I'm sure the away stand situation will only be revealed when they have an idea how their ST sales are looking, why sell seats in Roseburn when other stands are not full? Bring on the summer of fun!
Edit. Sorry not cup top up, is of course just to guarantee your ability to get a home ticket

Zazu62
12-04-2017, 10:29 PM
Had to stop reading it my eyes were hurting

G B Young
12-04-2017, 10:32 PM
'We will sell bricks, either individually or in lots, to use for all sorts of fan suggested purposes (eg building a bar-b-que)'

Like something from a WRI newsletter...

FilipinoHibs
12-04-2017, 10:37 PM

Like a lot if building projects here in the Philippines, the structure goes up and the money runs out. It stays as an empty shell for years, depreciating in value while the frame erodes.

12-04-2017, 10:45 PM
Think Budge needs a reality check here. Is this a statement of a party election manifesto. There's more spin in this than there is in the nonsense being distributed by all the political parties standing for election. She probably hopes like most manifesto's that people don't actually read and just vote blindly.

Bottom line they're building a stand they clearly can't afford to finish and they're going to squeeze every last penny out their supporters (yet again).
Think the reality with done on most Hearts fans when they realise the price increase is not 6-7%. The Season Tickets in the main stand at Tynecastle are the cheapest in the Stadium and are just about to be become on par with the most expensive in the stadium. Not even a soft increase over one or two season for loyalty because they have risked themselves of catching something in that dump. A £360 (Full Adult Price) Main Stand ticket will be circa £510 allowing for the 6/7% increase she's referring to - so I make that at least £150 more!

Hey Budgie, even the average Jambo will realise you're taking them for a ride now. That's over a 40% increase on the main stand pricing.

There will be those down Gorgie who will blindly run forward with their kids piggy banks to pay for the increase but I suspect there will be a few complaints in the inbox. They had such high hopes of 2nd or 3rd, but these hopes have gone as flat as Cathro's laptop battery. With so many new additional seats coming on line the demand for tickets (when they're playing well) will be more than satisfied. Hearts supporters will now have the thought of do I spend circa £510 plus £100 for the right to buy a cup ticket - so that could be £600+, or do I just pick and choose my games. With Cathro their manager and no signs of improvement I suspect there will be a large number opting for the latter.

They couldn't be any further from Fan Ownership than they are with this statement.
Mind you Queen Ann has to get the interest back on her investment somehow.

:ostrich:

GreenLake
12-04-2017, 10:45 PM
There was a typo. She meant Cathro was 'articulated'. He is the flexible joint between the laptop and the team.

matty_f
12-04-2017, 10:47 PM
She's not shy, eh?

Their fans are getting fleeced as it is, it's a proper cheek to go looking for more.

Deansy
12-04-2017, 11:35 PM
Just saying.

Fair enough with the thread but read Budge's statement NOW whilst you still have the advantage - in the morning the thread will still be understandable .................

Col2
12-04-2017, 11:42 PM
The money making initiatives are shocking and absolutely desperate.

CMurdoch
13-04-2017, 12:00 AM
They have tried to do too much at the same time and have asked the same folk to pay for it.
They needed to replace the stand but they have tried to overhaul the team (and made a mess of it other than the signing of Concalves) at the same time.
Charging the supporters £100 simply to keep their seat for cup games is ridiculous and might be the straw that breaks the camels back for many especially those currently housed in the Archibald Leitch museum stand who will additionally see their season tickets rocket up in price. Think many supporters will be forced to stop their FoH direct debits to make the adjustment.

SirDavidsNapper
13-04-2017, 12:03 AM
'We will sell bricks, either individually or in lots, to use for all sorts of fan suggested purposes (eg building a bar-b-que)'

Like something from a WRI newsletter...

She didn't say that did she? Cringe

FilipinoHibs
13-04-2017, 12:10 AM
This is so pathetically funny that cannot surely be true. The funniest thing though is not a spoof but actual reality for those financial doping cheats

Hermit Crab
13-04-2017, 03:58 AM
Interestingly they have not decided whether season tickets in the roseburn will be Cat A inclusive or just cat B. This is dependent on how many they sell, so there's still a chance we will only get 1100 tickets for Tynecastle next season. This place will go into meltdown if that's the case.

Also so there's an agreement in place that they will play their first few home games at Murrayfield if building works overrun.

SouthMoroccoStu
13-04-2017, 05:00 AM
So how are the posters on kickback reacting to this statement?

IGRIGI
13-04-2017, 05:22 AM
HIYA PAL!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/yfAeMtcURg0/hqdefault.jpg

Dashing Bob S
13-04-2017, 05:54 AM
Our chums across the city seem to be getting themselves in a proper tizzy. All we need to do is sit back and enjoy the show. Kickback is a thing of beauty these days.

lyonhibs
13-04-2017, 05:58 AM
What monstrous waffle. Basically, ST prices are going up, seats in the new stand will be more expensive than the Asbestos Stand (which makes sense I guess but still, lol) and the begging bowl is out again. £100 to guarantee your ST SEAT for their annual home cup game with a separate £100 scheme to avoid St price increases for 3 years ?!

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

Pretty Boy
13-04-2017, 06:01 AM
I'm genuinely curious as to how Hibs managed to build a new main stand in the relatively recent past with minimal fuss and without quite literally begging for cash.

Why are we able to go about things quietly and professionally whilst they make a big song and dance about everything? We completed a stadium over an extended period as finances allowed and developed and own a training centre and I can never remember this much nonsense going with it. We also didn't feel the need to be deliberately vague about capacity in some crappy attempt to feel superior.

Romanov was obviously hillarious but they are so amateur hour now it's creeping towards Jongleurs FC time again.

Pretty Boy
13-04-2017, 06:04 AM
Like a lot if building projects here in the Philippines, the structure goes up and the money runs out. It stays as an empty shell for years, depreciating in value while the frame erodes.

'Tynecastle - the new Wallyford Greyhound Stadium'

Could work as a marketing slogan.

cocteautwin
13-04-2017, 06:12 AM
And after all these payments you'll own a grand total of 0 shares in your own football club.

Gatecrasher
13-04-2017, 06:29 AM
I'm genuinely curious as to how Hibs managed to build a new main stand in the relatively recent past with minimal fuss and without quite literally begging for cash.

Why are we able to go about things quietly and professionally whilst they make a big song and dance about everything? We completed a stadium over an extended period as finances allowed and developed and own a training centre and I can never remember this much nonsense going with it. We also didn't feel the need to be deliberately vague about capacity in some crappy attempt to feel superior.

Romanov was obviously hillarious but they are so amateur hour now it's creeping towards Jongleurs FC time again.

We've had some of the highest ticket prices in Scotland for a long time now, at times the team spending has been on a very tight budget. We've got a hands off owner who has given us some very cheap loans. I'm sure there are more but that's just some of the reasons.

Thegreenside
13-04-2017, 06:29 AM
Surely they aren't suggesting race nights to help pay for their stand?😂😂😂😂

The Spaceman
13-04-2017, 06:38 AM
The severe level of delusion all over Kickback is genuinely frightening :eek:

Meanwhile, the Scottish Cup holders are chilling in our modern fit for purpose UEFA compliant stadium and on course to smash our season ticket record. State of the art training complex. Good team. Committed winner of a manager. Great leadership. All with a clear conscious about our club's dealings past and present.

Life is good.

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2017, 06:39 AM
If you are the owner of that club, why wouldnt you fleece the morons that support it?

They are lining up to empty their wallets, purses, childrens savings accounts into whoever owns the club like lemmings.

They really are the most stupid (human beings) i know. :greengrin

Brightside
13-04-2017, 06:51 AM
Paying money in order to guarantee you can actually buy a cup ticket is absurd. Do they think they are ****** Barcelona.

ArmadaleHibs
13-04-2017, 07:07 AM
This is nuts

In addition, scheme members will finally be able to secure the rights to their season-ticket seats, for all non-league games, for a period of 3 years. (A ticket will still require to be purchased for these games, of course). This “3 Year” scheme will cost £100.

I cut this statement out from the original but what it doesn't say is that they actually mean £100 per season for the next 3 years but they will give you a first year £50 deduction if you commit to all three. So between £250-£300 just for the right to buy your own seat for cup ties.

Surely as a loyal season ticket holder you should have 1st option on your seat as a matter of courtesy and not for a fee. If any, and they will as they are idiotic, fans sign up to this then I'm sorry but they are absolutely deluded beyond repair. Absolute scam. I would be absolutely raging if this were my team.

lucky
13-04-2017, 07:11 AM
In all her statement there's no mention of handing shares over to FOH. Surely that's the most important thing? She keeps asking for cash and TBF to the Yams they keep giving. But there has to be a time where she hands over at least a % of the shares.

Not In The Know
13-04-2017, 07:19 AM
In a nutshell "we have to spend millions we don't have to bring our stadium up to the standard that our city neighbours have enjoyed for the last 5-10 years".

calumhibee1
13-04-2017, 07:21 AM
This is nuts

In addition, scheme members will finally be able to secure the rights to their season-ticket seats, for all non-league games, for a period of 3 years. (A ticket will still require to be purchased for these games, of course). This “3 Year” scheme will cost £100.

I cut this statement out from the original but what it doesn't say is that they actually mean £100 per season for the next 3 years but they will give you a first year £50 deduction if you commit to all three. So between £250-£300 just for the right to buy your own seat for cup ties.
Surely as a loyal season ticket holder you should have 1st option on your seat as a matter of courtesy and not for a fee. If any, and they will as they are idiotic, fans sign up to this then I'm sorry but they are absolutely deluded beyond repair. Absolute scam. I would be absolutely raging if this were my team.

I read it as £100 for the 3 years. Not that it makes it any better, just cheaper, but I didn't read it as being £100 a year.

Barney McGrew
13-04-2017, 07:23 AM
Paying money in order to guarantee you can actually buy a cup ticket is absurd. Do they think they are ****** Barcelona.

No, they're "tens of thousands of people's Real Madrid" :faf:

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-04-2017, 07:38 AM

Hopefully it turns out like the stand for the "new" dog track at Wallyford.

greenginger
13-04-2017, 07:38 AM
In a nutshell "we have to spend millions we don't have to bring our stadium up to the standard that our city neighbours have enjoyed for the last 5-10 years".

So, she has found a way to make their 98 metre long pitch fully UEFA compliant :confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-04-2017, 07:41 AM
'Tynecastle - the new Wallyford Greyhound Stadium'

Could work as a marketing slogan.

Damn, beat me to it! :-)

Bostonhibby
13-04-2017, 07:48 AM
Family yam was absolutely blazing last night. He simply ain't paying and knows a few who think the same. They'll pick and choose games "which won't be many whilst levein and Cathro are involved".

Sounds like enough is beginning to be enough.

Hibs Class
13-04-2017, 07:53 AM
Interestingly they have not decided whether season tickets in the roseburn will be Cat A inclusive or just cat B. This is dependent on how many they sell, so there's still a chance we will only get 1100 tickets for Tynecastle next season. This place will go into meltdown if that's the case.

Also so there's an agreement in place that they will play their first few home games at Murrayfield if building works overrun.

Is that part clear? There have been suggestions that Murrayfield may not be available and instead they will have to ask for their first few fixtures to be away from home. Don't know how many they may be talking about, but as we would generally expect to be home when they are away and vice versa, I don't want us having a long run of home games at the start of the season then weeks without a home game later on as they catch up.

Bostonhibby
13-04-2017, 07:54 AM
There was a typo. She meant Cathro was 'articulated'. He is the flexible joint between the laptop and the team.
Sure she meant to say matriculated, giving up the junior trainee assistant to potter gig and going back to finish school.

Keith_M
13-04-2017, 07:56 AM
So, is their new Stand still scheduled to open in September this year?

Jonnyboy
13-04-2017, 08:02 AM
Another thing said to me was that with the capacity growing, more fans will just not bother buying a season ticket as getting a seat will be no problem. Cash flow? :faf:

Jones28
13-04-2017, 08:16 AM
I read it as £100 for the 3 years. Not that it makes it any better, just cheaper, but I didn't read it as being £100 a year.

The statement reads as £50 for the first year and £100 a year there after, at least that was my interpretation of it.

Alan62
13-04-2017, 08:33 AM
Despite saying last night that I couldn't be bothered reading Mrs B's magnum opus, I couldn't resist a return today. It's an even dafter piece than I thought it was yesterday and I wonder if there are a few 'unintended consequences' in there.

While the week of bake sales and the (ahem) comedy events could be managed as an arm's length fundraiser with a potential VAT free donation at the end, I wonder if they've shot themselves in the foot a little over some of the other wheezes they've come up with to divert hard-earned cash from cardigan pockets straight into their coffers.

So, for example, FoH Direct Debits currently go straight to the club as a donation. No benefits are given so no VAT is chargeable. Surely the £100 cup ticket guarantee '3 year scheme' would be VATable. Crucially, I think the 'Annual Benefits' scheme would be too. The clue is kind of in the name. For Direct Debiters who've paid in more than £250 (I know, it's tragic) they'll get a 50% (I do think that should have been a 51%) discount on the 'Annual Benefit' scheme. So, effectively, their contribution so far will give them access to a chance to pay another £50 to get them discounts when they pay even more money into the club (and at a selection of Jambo-orientated businesses elsewhere). Hang in there, like Mrs B, I'm getting to the point eventually. So, I'm wondering a) are they risking cancellation of the VAT free donations in exchange for VATable schemes and; b) will the conferring of a benefit for FoH membership (however tenuous) also make that a VATable scheme?

Any experts out there with an opinion on this?

Alan62
13-04-2017, 08:44 AM
The statement reads as £50 for the first year and £100 a year there after, at least that was my interpretation of it.

There are two schemes that she's peddling to deluded numpties. Scheme one is the '3 year scheme'. It's £100 for 3 years and it gives you the right to buy your season ticket seat for non league games.

Then there's the 'Annual Benefits scheme'. It costs £100 a year - every year. BUT if you sign up to the '3 year scheme' you only have to pay £50 for that in year 1. Its benefits are tenuous at best.

If you are dim enough to sign up to both schemes and buy a season ticket, over the next three years you would pay £350 + 3 x season ticket cost + home cup games + pie and bovril x 18 + flour, eggs and sugar for bake sales + XXXL strip x 3 = family trip to Disneyland.

Sean1875
13-04-2017, 08:44 AM
games of beat the goalie to pay for their new stand. big team.

JHFC
13-04-2017, 08:46 AM
The yams selling bricks like;

https://youtu.be/0DfzoTbdIzQ

😂😂

Mon_the_cabbage
13-04-2017, 08:48 AM
games of beat the goalie to pay for their new stand. big team.

If the goalie is Jack Hamilton they would be better having a shoot the fish in a barrel game as it would present a stiffer challenge

SuperAllyMcleod
13-04-2017, 08:49 AM
Whatever way you look at this, it's going to be expensive to be a Yam next season.

Season ticket (Budget Stand) - £510
Seat guarantee - £100
Discount Scheme - £100
FoH DD (£15 a month) - £180 (they do like their 5-1 but not enough to pay £51)
Total. - £890

Thanks boys, oh and can you come along to all the events on the fundraising week - bring your piggy bank! This is the sort of thing that ends up on Watchdog.

If this is what 'big clubs' do, then I'd be happy to consider Hibs as a wee club.

marinello59
13-04-2017, 08:50 AM
Did somebody mention a family fun day to raise cash?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=almkFPN3SVg

bingo70
13-04-2017, 08:51 AM
Whatever way you look at this, it's going to be expensive to be a Yam next season.

Season ticket (Budget Stand) - £510
Seat guarantee - £100
Discount Scheme - £100
FoH DD (£15 a month) - £180 (they do like their 5-1 but not enough to pay £51)
Total. - £890

Thanks boys, oh and can you come along to all the events on the fundraising week - bring your piggy bank! This is the sort of thing that ends up on Watchdog.

If this is what 'big clubs' do, then I'd be happy to consider Hibs as a wee club.

.....and mind and take a week of work between the 7th and 14th may.

FilipinoHibs
13-04-2017, 08:52 AM
So, is their new Stand still scheduled to open in September this year?

The sensible money is on Jan 2018 as they need to fit it out from fund raising😀

lapsedhibee
13-04-2017, 09:05 AM
Hopefully it turns out like the stand for the "new" dog track at Wallyford.

"It's ok."

mjhibby
13-04-2017, 09:18 AM
If only they hadnt got horses out of the scottish cup three times by us and had got the dough we got from the cup runs then they wouldn't have had to resort to this. Pleasng in the extreme.

Aldo
13-04-2017, 09:29 AM
This is all very pleasing in my eyes.

The so called Famous are scraping about for every penny as they are totally rooked in the money stakes in their bid to fund this new mega stand!!

A 52 page document to basically say give us more dosh!

It gets even better.

Bristolhibby
13-04-2017, 09:31 AM

It's like the ****test Cup Top Up scheme in history.

J

Bristolhibby
13-04-2017, 09:32 AM
I presume missing out on Europe will hurt them further?

Not that they will have a stadium to play in in July mind.

J

monarch
13-04-2017, 09:47 AM
The Scotsman article on this completely ignores the "begging bowl" content of Budge's statement so it's not just the west coast media that sugar coats news of their favourite teams.

Also their article states that there are contingency plans to use Murrayfield for league games in the early part of next season. If that's the case then surely all home league games for the first two quarters, ie up to the end of December, would have to be played at Murrayfield in order to avoid the unfairness/inconsistency of some away opponents playing at Tynecastle and others at a "neutral" Murrayfield.

In the past Inverness CT had to play half a season at Aberdeen,during ground improvements at Caley stadium, to comply with this rule.

If this is the case then, as the SRU is not a charity, a fair chunk of rental will be required from our Pink neighbours. Cue another funding appeal/scam from their supporters.

Bostonhibby
13-04-2017, 09:49 AM
Couldn't they just bake a stand? A helluva lot better than baking cakes to fund one.

They must be getting good at it by now. Three giant battenburgs with a Victoria sponge on top.

Colours of said patisseries even match their away strips so everyone's a winner.

--------
13-04-2017, 10:04 AM
Just saying.

Trust me, Craig, the only way that statement has any chance of making any sense at all is if you're nine-tenths plastered before you start reading it.

A drunken Lithuanian organ-grinder on speed would make more sense.

Is It On....
13-04-2017, 10:10 AM

Mr Petrie did get "one or two" things right on the business side. Unfortunately his managerial recruitment was a bit less successful until he recruited Ms Dempster to oversee football matters ☺️

mjhibby
13-04-2017, 10:10 AM
I presume missing out on Europe will hurt them further?

Not that they will have a stadium to play in in July mind.

J

Getting horses by Maltese part timers is hardly playing Napoli or juventus though. Getting into Europe is more of a hindrance now unless you get into the group stages which none of our teams are good enough to do. Until we raise the standard of our league only Celtic will make a go of it in Europe I'm afraid.

mjhibby
13-04-2017, 10:20 AM
This is all very pleasing in my eyes.

The so called Famous are scraping about for every penny as they are totally rooked in the money stakes in their bid to fund this new mega stand!!

A 52 page document to basically say give us more dosh!

It gets even better.

They are lapping it up at the pbs. It's like a religious group with queen budge as the Messiah and any doubters shouted down on sickbag. Pretty scary that they are building the stadium in stages and surely health and safety will be comprised not that this council will enforce anything with the gorgie mob. Iirc queen budge budgeted for a top three finish this season so that's another few hundred thousand they will have to find. For those who aren't aware we made of a profit of £200,000 last season while they lost £1.2m in the spl. Amazing what getting past the earlier rounds can do. Btw surely the decision get rid of Robbie for Cathy gets more bizarre each day. They looked like they were on for third or fourth now it's fifth at best. There is a difference of £300,000 between third and fifth. The whole Cathy appointment is truly baffling and harry potter must be Rasputin and hypnotised budge in believing that all is good with Cathy. Lol.

Col2
13-04-2017, 10:40 AM
I am absolutely delighted with this statement.

In summary.

1. Cathro is doing ok and it's the media fault so suck it up yam fans.
2. Levein is doing even better and remember he is a director so show him some respect you peasants.
3. The stand will be built but it may be delayed and you guys need to be patient and flexible.
4. You gullible folks need to keep up your donations and they help fund Budge club.
5. But the club are asking for more money with little in return so get the face paints out and bring your wallets with cash ideally (no cards).
6. You can guarantee your cup seat (but not the entrance fee) for £100. Given the cup record of that club over past 5 years that may guarantee one or two games a season. £100 thank you very much.
7. Your season ticket is going up by 7% against Westfield prices and even more for those paying less in other parts of the ground. Suck it up chums.
8. In summary nothing changes on management of team etc. Levein and Cathro will have a summer transfer coming up - so lots of unfit foreigner defence midfielders coming in. And most importantly club need more and more and more cash from fans. Remember it's Budge club, she is in charge and yams need to respect that.

Did I miss anything?

FilipinoHibs
13-04-2017, 10:42 AM

In summary.

2. Levein is doing even better and remember he is a director so show him some respect you peasants.
3. The stand will be built but it may be delayed and you guys need to be patient and flexible.
4. You gullible folks need to keep up your donations and they help fund Budge club.
5. But the club are asking for more money with little in return so get the face paints out and bring your wallets with cash ideally (no cards).
6. You can guarantee your cup seat (but not the entrance fee) for £100. Given the cup record of that club over past 5 years that may guarantee one or two games a season. £100 thank you very much.
7. Your season ticket is going up by 7% against Westfield prices and even more for those paying less in other parts of the ground. Suck it up chums.
8. In summary nothing changes on management of team etc. Levein and Cathro will have a summer transfer coming up - so lots of unfit foreigner defence midfielders coming in. And most importantly club need more and more and more cash from fans. Remember it's Budge club, she is in charge and yams need to respect that.

Did I miss anything?

😃😃😃

13-04-2017, 10:45 AM
Is the cup seat thing open to hibs fans as we've played about as many cup games at tynecastle as hertz have in the last couple of years.

Dan Sarf
13-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Couldn't they just bake a stand? A helluva lot better than baking cakes to fund one.

They must be getting good at it by now. Three giant battenburgs with a Victoria sponge on top.

Colours of said patisseries even match their away strips so everyone's a winner.

With Fairy Cakes for seats in the Director's box. Perfect, just perfect.

Col2
13-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Is the cup seat thing open to hibs fans as we've played about as many cup games at tynecastle as hertz have in the last couple of years.

Brilliant!!!😂😂😂

NAE NOOKIE
13-04-2017, 11:14 AM
Not read the statement, but the gist of it is pretty clear from the comments so far :greengrin

Why would a season ticket holder pay £100 to guarantee their seat for cup games? ....... Apart from the bloody cheek of it, in the new 20,000 capacity stadium the only time this would be required would be against Hibs, Sevco and possibly Aberdeen ...... I dont include Celtic because the Yams refuse to turn out for cup ties against them, their home attendance the last few times in cup ties against Celtic have been shocking .... £100 is a lot for the outside chance of a home draw against one of 3 clubs.

Never mind bake sales, it has to be only a matter of time until the Yams, far from waiting for offers, start actively punting any sellable players to other clubs ... Patterson getting crocked is starting to look more and more like a disaster for them and of the dross that leaves only Walker would command anything like half decent money.

They continue to reap what they sewed during the cheating years ....... They had a lot of fun at our expense during that time, but he who laughs last as they say :thumbsup:

Not In The Know
13-04-2017, 11:18 AM
It's quite unbelievable to request more cash from their gullible fans when you think about it. How much more do they expect them to pay after FOH and season tickets?

They clearly can't afford the new stand but can still throw money at youth development and player signings (taking players that could sign from us)

All to maintain the myth of entitlement that they have from decades of overspending.

It' practically cheating again.

--------
13-04-2017, 11:26 AM
I've just had a look at Keechback - couldn't be bothered going through the whole boring thread, but generally they're all quite happy with the statement. Most of them don't see anything wrong with what she's proposing and anyone who does gets yelled at.

I was thinking that Tynecastle must be haunted by the ghost of the late great Professor Stanley Unwin.

But Prof Stan was never as mixed-up or as convolutedly incomprehensible as Budget or Catheter.

Has none of them ever heard the expression 'Ponzi scheme'?

lapsedhibee
13-04-2017, 11:31 AM
Has none of them ever heard the expression 'Ponzi scheme'?
Ponzi schematics, maybe.

Green_one
13-04-2017, 11:33 AM
[/B]

Is that part clear? There have been suggestions that Murrayfield may not be available and instead they will have to ask for their first few fixtures to be away from home. Don't know how many they may be talking about, but as we would generally expect to be home when they are away and vice versa, I don't want us having a long run of home games at the start of the season then weeks without a home game later on as they catch up.

My understanding from an 'insider' is that they are pursuing the 'away games' route for the early part of the season, as they think that should be enough. I suppose that could change if the delay gets significant. Did Hibs not do this at some point?

Keith_M
13-04-2017, 11:33 AM
Why don't the Hearts Fans just all give Budge their full bank account details and pin numbers.

That would save her having to keep coming up with more elaborate ruses and she could just empty their bank accounts automatically.

Incidentally, after over two years of paying Mrs Budge for them with direct debits, how many shares do FoH own so far?

Aldo
13-04-2017, 11:34 AM

In summary.

Did I miss anything?

Excellently put Col.

--------
13-04-2017, 11:35 AM
Ponzi schematics, maybe.

Pardon me - schematics, of course.

Catheter is nothing if not a master of terminological sesquipedalianisms. :devil:

Bostonhibby
13-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Why don't the Hearts Fans just all give Budge their full bank account details and pin numbers.

That would save her having to keep coming up with more elaborate ruses and she could just empty their bank accounts automatically.

Incidentally, after over two years of paying Mrs Budge for them with direct debits, how many shares do FoH own so far?
Still just the one fan shareholder I think. Maybe she doesn't want to share with folk as gullible as this lot?

It's her ball and she looks like keeping it.

overdrive
13-04-2017, 11:41 AM
The Scotsman article on this completely ignores the "begging bowl" content of Budge's statement so it's not just the west coast media that sugar coats news of their favourite teams.

Also their article states that there are contingency plans to use Murrayfield for league games in the early part of next season. If that's the case then surely all home league games for the first two quarters, ie up to the end of December, would have to be played at Murrayfield in order to avoid the unfairness/inconsistency of some away opponents playing at Tynecastle and others at a "neutral" Murrayfield.

In the past Inverness CT had to play half a season at Aberdeen,during ground improvements at Caley stadium, to comply with this rule.

If this is the case then, as the SRU is not a charity, a fair chunk of rental will be required from our Pink neighbours. Cue another funding appeal/scam from their supporters.

There is a bit in there implying the other Premiership clubs have agreed to overlook this.

surreyhibbie
13-04-2017, 11:43 AM

Catheter is nothing if not a master of terminological sesquipedalianisms. :devil:

that's easy for you to say, Doddie...:greengrin

Seveno
13-04-2017, 11:57 AM
Is Budge just Vlad in drag mode?

Billy Whizz
13-04-2017, 12:10 PM
There is a bit in there implying the other Premiership clubs have agreed to overlook this.

They've got their last 2 home fixtures this season, on the 1st 2 dates. They'll have a cheek to ask the SPFL to rearrange the start of the season as well. If there stand timeline doesn't go to plan, it could leave the fixture card in one almighty mess!

TrinityHibs
13-04-2017, 12:28 PM
Is Budge just Vlad in drag mode?

Has anyone ever seen them in the same room?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-04-2017, 12:41 PM

That cracked me up anaw, daft old mutton!

Definitive proof that she takes that lot for a pile of saps.

AltheHibby
13-04-2017, 12:45 PM

Please stop using big words. It's not fair on any passing yams.

Spike Mandela
13-04-2017, 12:51 PM
Is this not ultimately what the fan ownership model brings?

Hearts are still a fair bit away fron a fan ownership model but it is their stated aim as it is Hibs'. Once true fan ownership exists will the fans not have to stump up for everything anyway.?

My concern about this model is a future of increasing season ticket prices, cake bakes, pledges and other endless schemes for getting money out of fans pockets. But eventually the well runs dry.

HibbyAndy
13-04-2017, 12:56 PM
What a creepy grubby little club they truly are..Begging bowl out again, They really are the club with no shame.

Thank god my Dad made me a Hibee !

Geo_1875
13-04-2017, 01:00 PM

Hearts are still a fair bit away fron a fan ownership model but it is their stated aim as it is Hibs'. Once true fan ownership exists will the fans not have to stump up for everything anyway.?

My concern about this model is a future of increasing season ticket prices, cake bakes, pledges and other endless schemes for getting money out of fans pockets. But eventually the well runs dry.

The alternative model is living within your means.

Bostonhibby
13-04-2017, 01:08 PM

It's a fair point. Personally I just want us to own a meaningful share of the club. Enough to make mercer type takeovers and the like impossible. The distinction between us and the yam is we don't have to buy all the club. They have to pay budge back. Currently the only show in town.

Whoever owns the shares, as the poster above says they just need to run the club within its means. We should be able to avoid robbing charities, local businesses and pensioners whatever our ownership model looks like.

1van Sprou7e
13-04-2017, 01:09 PM

I would have thought we will be hoping to use the money we make as a club for any expenses.

Luckily we have a completed stadium and a great training facility so hopefully any future expenditure will be purely football related

Speedway
13-04-2017, 01:12 PM
After a brief skim through of that crock of **** I can safely say that if Hibs came out with any of that pish they'd be getting told to GTF by most of the support. Race nights and family fun days? 😂😂😂

That won't go down well with Goncalves.

So if I understand correctly, to be a yam, you have to pay £100 to earn the right to pay £25-30 to see your team get horsed by us?

Sounds fair.

Ozyhibby
13-04-2017, 01:22 PM
Price comparison for next season for adult sitting in main stand.

Hibs £360
Hearts £480 + £100( for right to buy your own seat for cup games) = £580

That's a big difference. The yams are getting shafted big time.

LithgaeHibby
13-04-2017, 01:44 PM
Me thinks Mrs B's latest business plan has taken into account all those DDs that have been vanishing since we horsed them out the cup.

Deansy
13-04-2017, 01:51 PM
The yams selling bricks like;

https://youtu.be/0DfzoTbdIzQ

😂😂

Dunno how you came across that but it's brilliant !!.

'A brick's not just for Christmas ......'

The entire script/dialogue is sooooo Jambo !!

Ozyhibby
13-04-2017, 02:55 PM
If the yams have to pay £100 to protect themselves for the next 3 years from price rises it makes you wonder just how much Budge is planning on stinging them for over the next 3 years?

West lower
13-04-2017, 03:01 PM
Anyone else thinking Rod Petrie must feeling like sitting back , and enjoying the fun at the pbs . Probably enjoying a nice Cuban and a dram right now.

--------
13-04-2017, 03:43 PM
My recollection - and I admit I'm becoming less and less in touch with reality as the years go by - my recollection is that each stage of the Easter Road rebuild took 6-7 months from demolition to completion and issue of the safety certificate?

That's not counting the planning stages, just the actual demolition and build, first of the Famous Five and South Stands, then of the West (the new and rather splendid West Stand), and finally of the East Stand that completed the renovation of the essential elements of the stadium?

So the Budgerigar is telling her dupes that the LEECH Stand (I'm sorry, I know it's not spelled that way, but whenever the subject of Jambonomics arises I find myself inevitably thinking of loathsome blood-sucking parasites - I don't know why)... but when the LEECH Stand comes down the Budgie Stand will arise from the ruins complete and ready to go in only THREE months, and that all that will be left to do will be 'the fitting-out' ... (What the fit does she mean exactly by 'the fitting-out', BTW? Putting the seats in?

I suppose that things do move along a lot more quickly when the District Council aren't making you observe all the legal stages of planning permission and safety certification and so on.

My precis of her 'State of the Midden' message would be:

Dear Cash-Cows and Eedjits: we have a new manager and heid coach. GEEZE MONEY. We're keeping that plook of a DoF because I made him a director and I cannae get rid of him. GEEZE MONEY. The papers and the Hibees are all laughing at the new manager because he's a plook as well, but he uses big words that I dunno the meaning of (neither does he) and he has a lap-top and I like him. GEEZE MONEY. We've signed loadsa players, (one or two of them's a wee bit good) and it turns out we have to pay them. GEEZE MONEY. We're finally building the new main stand and that's gonnae be expensive. GEEZE MONEY. Me and the DoF have thought up a new ticketing plan that'll make us loadsa money. And we're gonnae have a bake sale to raise funds. GEEZE MONEY. We are the Jambos and we don't have to keep the rules like the other lot doon Leith do. GEEZE MONEY. LOATSA MONEY. NOW!!!!

Dashing Bob S
13-04-2017, 03:48 PM
Problem for Hearts fans is that they have to invest emotionally and financially in an unworkable model.

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-04-2017, 03:52 PM
Problem for Hearts fans is that they have to invest emotionally and financially in an unworkable model.

This..

She knows the mugs are an easy target for cash, perhaps one day they will realise that just once maybe they could buy the kids a new pair of trainers...then again maybe no.

EskbankHibby
13-04-2017, 04:13 PM
Just managed to get through that statement for the first time. Where to begin! (Please note annoying use of exclamation mark too often as per their statement, thankfully they stopped just short of emojis in that dreadfully written piece)

Lost a bit of respect for Queen Anne If I'm honest, basically "we know best, shut it and give us your money".

This is going to be good in the short, medium and long term. Fantastic entertainment ahead.

CA Hibby
13-04-2017, 04:18 PM
What a creepy grubby little club they truly are..Begging bowl out again, They really are the club with no shame.

Thank god my Dad made me a Hibee !

I dont know Andy i bet Kenny is looking forward to the Cake Bake Sale...

Jack Hackett
13-04-2017, 04:35 PM
My recollection - and I admit I'm becoming less and less in touch with reality as the years go by - my recollection is that each stage of the Easter Road rebuild took 6-7 months from demolition to completion and issue of the safety certificate?

That's not counting the planning stages, just the actual demolition and build, first of the Famous Five and South Stands, then of the West (the new and rather splendid West Stand), and finally of the East Stand that completed the renovation of the essential elements of the stadium?

So the Budgerigar is telling her dupes that the LEECH Stand (I'm sorry, I know it's not spelled that way, but whenever the subject of Jambonomics arises I find myself inevitably thinking of loathsome blood-sucking parasites - I don't know why)... but when the LEECH Stand comes down the Budgie Stand will arise from the ruins complete and ready to go in only THREE months, and that all that will be left to do will be 'the fitting-out' ... (What the fit does she mean exactly by 'the fitting-out', BTW? Putting the seats in?

I suppose that things do move along a lot more quickly when the District Council aren't making you observe all the legal stages of planning permission and safety certification and so on.

My precis of her 'State of the Midden' message would be:

Dear Cash-Cows and Eedjits: we have a new manager and heid coach. GEEZE MONEY. We're keeping that plook of a DoF because I made him a director and I cannae get rid of him. GEEZE MONEY. The papers and the Hibees are all laughing at the new manager because he's a plook as well, but he uses big words that I dunno the meaning of (neither does he) and he has a lap-top and I like him. GEEZE MONEY. We've signed loadsa players, (one or two of them's a wee bit good) and it turns out we have to pay them. GEEZE MONEY. We're finally building the new main stand and that's gonnae be expensive. GEEZE MONEY. Me and the DoF have thought up a new ticketing plan that'll make us loadsa money. And we're gonnae have a bake sale to raise funds. GEEZE MONEY. We are the Jambos and we don't have to keep the rules like the other lot doon Leith do. GEEZE MONEY. LOATSA MONEY. NOW!!!!

:top marks

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
13-04-2017, 05:18 PM
I would have thought we will be hoping to use the money we make as a club for any expenses.

Luckily we have a completed stadium and a great training facility so hopefully any future expenditure will be purely football related

Yeah, plus a transfer every few years to try amd buildnup some reserves etc

Deansy
13-04-2017, 05:34 PM
Nowhere in that statement does there appear to be any thought/consideration given to falling attendances - despite their claims of 'another full house' at every home-game, every man and his dog knows it's not true. They're going through their first bad-patch since they were saved from extinction and every week you can see by pictures/highlights, there's more and more empty seats at the PBS. Jambos reared on 30+ years of teams artificially inflated with 'Other people's money' are not happy, especially the younger ones who naively believed that Hearts had always been 'Famous/Big team' etc and had been throughout their club's entire history - now that they're witnessing for the first time, a Hearts-team that's more of a genuine Hearts standard historically - AND that's the future facing them - they're fast losing interest and showing it by staying away.

I've said numerous times that a 'Bad patch' would have a huge damaging effect on them and (hopefully) this is the start of it - along with the falling-attendances, we're also hearing/reading of more and more D/D's being cancelled. I predict it won't be long before the alarm-bells are ringing again at the PBS - and no club (well, apart from the Hun) deserves what's coming to them more than Hearts. The arrogance their support developed over the 'Cheating Years' just means there won't be many other football-fans (if any) shedding a tear for them - Hibs-fans ? - We'll just be p*****g ourselves laughing at them - again !

Famous Fiver
13-04-2017, 05:40 PM
Been inexorably heading for that financial cliff for years now and it'll take much deeper pockets than the wee budgie has to deal with it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again

'TICK TOCK'

KeithTheHibby
13-04-2017, 05:49 PM
Anyone else thinking Rod Petrie must feeling like sitting back , and enjoying the fun at the pbs . Probably enjoying a nice Cuban and a dram right now.

A huge smile and stroking that mouser.

Iggy Pope
13-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Problem for Hearts fans is that they have to invest emotionally and financially in an unworkable midden.

Sorted Bob.

Sammy7nil
13-04-2017, 06:11 PM
Lets hope if Hearts try to get early "home" games against us and the OF at Murrayfield and we boycott them so they dont get the extra cash.

emerald green
13-04-2017, 06:21 PM
Price comparison for next season for adult sitting in main stand.

Hibs £360
Hearts £480 + £100( for right to buy your own seat for cup games) = £580

That's a big difference. The yams are getting shafted big time.

If you fall into the above category, and are paying a DD of lets say £25 per month too, that's £880 right away! Never mind the further cost of potentially supporting them at away games, buying club merchandise etc. :jamboclow

Skol
13-04-2017, 06:27 PM
kickback appears to be broke which is depriving me of an evenings entertainment reading about how the levein/cathro duo is now working like a dream and how they cant wait keep chucking their money over a wall with nothing coming back in return - apart from the right to buy a ticket to see them lose to hibs

HibbyAndy
13-04-2017, 06:54 PM
I dont know Andy i bet Kenny is looking forward to the Cake Bake Sale...

Kenny would get through some cakes in the bake off :hilarious :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
13-04-2017, 07:10 PM
Is this a whoosh moment for me as the statement is obviously fake.

Tobias Funke
13-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Is this a whoosh moment for me as the statement is obviously fake.

Why would Hearts publish a fake statement from Ann Budge on their official site?

Billy Whizz
13-04-2017, 07:42 PM
If the yams have to pay £100 to protect themselves for the next 3 years from price rises it makes you wonder just how much Budge is planning on stinging them for over the next 3 years?

Unless a rich Lithuanian is our there to buy the club

Skol
13-04-2017, 08:05 PM
The mowgli/jungle book statements were actually better

jambos lapped them all up regardless

Budgesheep

jacomo
13-04-2017, 08:27 PM
So many great quotes in this rambling statement that could really benefit from some proof reading, but this one is a gem:

'Ian is particularly articulate.'

In the style of Queen Ann...

This statement is, pure "comedy gold"!

mca
13-04-2017, 08:32 PM
A huge smile and stroking that mouser.

Should we Thank Him for Years off Shouting PETRIE.. :grr:

LD saved his Bacon.. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
13-04-2017, 08:45 PM
Why would Hearts publish a fake statement from Ann Budge on their official site?

Obviously not then, I didn't realise it was on their website. I read a copy and paste someone posted on my FB and it was so laughable I didn't think it was genuine.:greengrin

13-04-2017, 08:58 PM
Well Budgie seems happy enough with the Chuckle Brothers and their Box Soccer. You pass it to me then I pass it to you and so on. To me...to you...to me...to you.

jacomo
13-04-2017, 10:45 PM
I have now, read the whole "statement " and I have, a Headache!

Grammar, Queen Ann. I thought you were a stickler for detail?

Glory Lurker
13-04-2017, 10:48 PM
I've better things to do than read it, but I take that it's unlikely to shake my life-long perception that they are a shower of rockets. Hopefully not making a fool of myself saying that.

Criswell
13-04-2017, 10:52 PM
It always seemed to me a very high risk strategy to commit to major ground reconstruction without having the necessary funding in place. There was always far too much reliance on voluntary contributions continuing and even increasing. Not a business model many would endorse. Capital expenditure on this scale would normally be funded by borrowing money, but given their recent record of gross financial misbehaviour this was never going to be an option!

So now we have the dubious debenture schemes, inflated season ticket prices and "fund raising weeks" (I can see Skacel being roped into another pint pulling session!) All this against growing dissatisfaction with the product on the park. Interesting times, methinks.

Aaron
13-04-2017, 10:56 PM
OK, who posted this on Sickbag? New Kickback member with one post?

Hi fans. Ann here.

Thanks for the cash. Loving the interest. Anyway. We've now got the worst goalie in living memory. No right back. 3 shockers at left back. A near 40 year old centre half. A chicken hearted American ball winner. A 6 ft 5 coward up front. No youngsters coming through. A broken recruitment policy. A thirty something training ground coach promoted to manager. A DoF who gives us Colquhoun's duds or Euro journeymen. And. We've been knocked out of 3 cups by Maltesers, St Johnstone and Hibs.

On the upside. Swearing is down 80%. We've a really natty away strip. And all your lovely cash is building a new stand. The Ann Budge stand? Who said that? Anyway. It's goodbye from me. Remember. No swearing and keep those subscriptions coming. Ann.

tamig
13-04-2017, 11:04 PM

Love it 😀

iwasthere1972
13-04-2017, 11:05 PM
I'm pretty sure that the Harry Potter novels are shorter than that statement. Anyway Budge could have saved her self time as I'm not so sure that Jambos can even read.

FilipinoHibs
14-04-2017, 01:11 AM

😃😃😃

Pete
14-04-2017, 03:09 AM
Budge on Cathro:

"His style of expression is quite different from many others in Scottish football, possibly influenced by his time spent abroad. He is open, honest and engaging and certain journalists are quite adept at trying to take advantage of this."

Ah, so there we have it. He's either a lot more cultured than the rest of us Scots who barely make it out our own village or he's been abroad that much he's forgotten how to communicate in English properly.

The bottom line is that he knows as much about the dressing room environment and the pressures of a being a football player than Anne Budge does. Absolutely nothing. The one man who does, Craig Levien, is either innefective or is simply enjoying this supervisory role he can supposedly do no wrong in.

The part about selling the bricks was probably the most sensible, believable and sincere part of the whole speel.

Jim44
14-04-2017, 05:07 AM
Work starting on their new stand reminded me of the accommodation priorities of the British Raj in India. Unmarried Indian Sepoys were housed under canvas but married Indian Sepoys were given permanent erections. :greengrin

Col2
14-04-2017, 07:03 AM
Some of them have woken up to the fact that if they were an existing main stand season ticket holder and want to stay in that area and therefore new stand the price goes from £300 to £470. Add in the £100 cup scam and it's clear as day Queen Ann is screwing them big time.

Proves beyond doubt that the funding gap for the new stand must be significant given price increase on top of falling FOH donations and a ***** team.

ColinNish
14-04-2017, 07:21 AM
And after all these payments you'll own a grand total of 0 shares in your own football club.

A bit like HSL then, no? 🤔

14-04-2017, 07:22 AM

HSL already owns around 20-30% of the club.

ColinNish
14-04-2017, 07:26 AM
Missing the point. See the bit in bold below:

Emphasis on the "you". HSL might own them but you don't.

Jack
14-04-2017, 07:28 AM
The epistle has certainly been written in an unusual tone and style. But given the yams history of sycophantic groveling who in the club is going to tell Budge it's a crock of crap?

Maybe Budge should stick to tweets.

marinello59
14-04-2017, 07:32 AM

Nothing like HSL but I rather suspect you know that already.

CropleyWasGod
14-04-2017, 08:27 AM

It's not really missing the point.

ALL of the money being paid into HSL goes towards buying shares and "funding sporting achievement". The FOH money, thus far, has gone on working capital and the new stand... and heaven knows what else in the future. No shares yet.

Springbank
14-04-2017, 08:42 AM
There is an angle on this statement that I don't think has been given much scrutiny. It's this:
Budge acknowledges the major squad overhaul in January has been a failure and the level of upheaval has set them back, on the field.
However, she addresses this by saying Callum Patterson and John Soutar got injured and Igor Rossi left unexpectedly.
So, 3 players down. But that's no explanation for NINE players in, with the haste that they did.

And here's the thing (as far as I am concerned)

Hearts only went on that spending spree (that has so clearly knackered their season AND hit their finances) for one reason - they had been drawn against Hibs in the Scottish Cup, the draw taking place just before the January window closed.

Levein trotted up to the boardroom and said words to the effect of "we didn't have enough to beat Raith Rovers away (the replay was still to be played) and there's NO WAY the FoH members and other Hearts season book holders could tolerate being knocked out the Scottish Cup by the holders, not when it's Hibs, not when they beat Hearts en route to the cup last year...we need to throw the Business Model out the window this once and spend, and spend, and spend, and just win this tie. Losing will have repercussions way beyond what signing a few Greek internationalists will...."

If they hadn't drawn Hibs in the cup, before the January window closed, does anyone really think they'd have signed 3 dodgy left backs, 2 Greeks and a Goncalves in a pear tree???

So very very pleasing....

ColinNish
14-04-2017, 08:51 AM
Nothing like HSL but I rather suspect you know that already.

See my post above. "You" as the fan, do not own the shares, HSL does. That's the point I'm making. If you'd bought shares direct, then you own the shares.

ColinNish
14-04-2017, 08:52 AM
It's not really missing the point.

ALL of the money being paid into HSL goes towards buying shares and "funding sporting achievement". The FOH money, thus far, has gone on working capital and the new stand... and heaven knows what else in the future. No shares yet.
It is missing the point in reply to the post i was quoting.

Bostonhibby
14-04-2017, 08:55 AM

When the Hibs share ownership scheme was launched the part of it that was open to fans who handed over cash for shares resulted in those fans receiving shares and certificates shortly after and they are on the shareholders register. How has the yams share purchase went since it was originally launched? Stuck to plan?

Not that difficult to work out that HSL is a voluntary way to achieve a shareholding and knowingly do it under one body. Openly available info at the outset and again a wee bit more true to it's original statement than the yams one. Thought they were buying shares and end up building part of one stand and filling black holes-never seen that in the original proposition to FOH from the club and then from FOH to the victims / possible future shareholders.

14-04-2017, 09:35 AM

A "platinum" seating area?! In that *****hole :faf::faf::faf::faf: brilliant

greenginger
14-04-2017, 09:47 AM
A "platinum" seating area?! In that *****hole :faf::faf::faf::faf: brilliant

http://www.chelationmedicalcenter.com/platinum_toxic_heavy_metal.html

Platinum toxicity can cause unpleasant symptoms and can be monitored by taking the piss . :greengrin

Dan Sarf
14-04-2017, 10:25 AM
We will also auction off specific items of memorabilia and we will sell bricks, either individually or in lots, to use for all sorts of fan suggested purposes. (e.g. for building a bar-b-que)

A "bar-b-que" sounds lovely.

Can anyone think of any other uses for the bricks?

lapsedhibee
14-04-2017, 10:35 AM
A "bar-b-que" sounds lovely.

Shirley 'Throda has had a hand in writing that. The abbreviation, bar-b-que, has more characters than the word it abbreviates, barbecue. Talk about sesquipedalian neologisms!

O'Rourke3
14-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Has anyone picked up yet on the threats without violence? As a season ticket holder I expect to at least get a few hours before a general sale to confirm I'm taking my seat, then pay. They are stating that all seats go on sale immediately for cup or European ties unless you pay for the privilege...

This family club appears to be being run by the Corlionnes.....

SuperAllyMcleod
14-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Shirley 'Throda has had a hand in writing that. The abbreviation, bar-b-que, has more characters than the word it abbreviates, barbecue. Talk about sesquipedalian neologisms!

I agree. Whatever that means, I agree. [emoji3][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

MB62
14-04-2017, 10:54 AM
Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post

See my post above. "You" as the fan, do not own the shares, HSL does. That's the point I'm making. If you'd bought shares direct, then you own the shares.

It is missing the point in reply to the post i was quoting.

CN, You never mentioned at any point that you were referring to the individual, your reference was directed at HSL (
A bit like HSL then, no? 🤔) who DO OWN SHARES IN OUR CLUB.
Fans giving money to HSL knew what they were contributing to and possibly indirectly, still have a shareholding in our club.
Yams donating to FoH (or whatever they are called) thought they were buying shares in their club but have so far had nowt in return.

Caversham Green
14-04-2017, 10:55 AM

It is a bit like HSL in that an individual contributor does not directly own shares in the club. However the fundamental difference which you seem to be disregarding is that the contributions to HSL all go towards buying shares in the club so indirectly the contributor does own shares as a member (i.e. owner) of HSL. Sir Tom Farmer doesn't directly own any shares in the club either.

These are shares in a club that has a first class stadium and its own training ground already in place so it can use the funds entirely for footballing purposes. It has already surrendered a substantial proportion of ownership to the fans both directly and indirectly through HSL, so there are more differences than similarities in the two schemes.

In short FoH is really nothing like HSL at present.

FilipinoHibs
14-04-2017, 12:05 PM
There is an angle on this statement that I don't think has been given much scrutiny. It's this:
Budge acknowledges the major squad overhaul in January has been a failure and the level of upheaval has set them back, on the field.
However, she addresses this by saying Callum Patterson and John Soutar got injured and Igor Rossi left unexpectedly.
So, 3 players down. But that's no explanation for NINE players in, with the haste that they did.

And here's the thing (as far as I am concerned)

Hearts only went on that spending spree (that has so clearly knackered their season AND hit their finances) for one reason - they had been drawn against Hibs in the Scottish Cup, the draw taking place just before the January window closed.

Levein trotted up to the boardroom and said words to the effect of "we didn't have enough to beat Raith Rovers away (the replay was still to be played) and there's NO WAY the FoH members and other Hearts season book holders could tolerate being knocked out the Scottish Cup by the holders, not when it's Hibs, not when they beat Hearts en route to the cup last year...we need to throw the Business Model out the window this once and spend, and spend, and spend, and just win this tie. Losing will have repercussions way beyond what signing a few Greek internationalists will...."

If they hadn't drawn Hibs in the cup, before the January window closed, does anyone really think they'd have signed 3 dodgy left backs, 2 Greeks and a Goncalves in a pear tree???

So very very pleasing....

Yes and to end up getting even more rogered than last year was even more pleasing. Imagine the scalding Levin must of got off Budge.

Drewster
14-04-2017, 01:12 PM

The members of HSL collectively own the shares which
are purchased - I think that's the point you are missing!

ColinNish
14-04-2017, 02:34 PM
Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post

CN, You never mentioned at any point that you were referring to the individual, your reference was directed at HSL () who DO OWN SHARES IN OUR CLUB.
Fans giving money to HSL knew what they were contributing to and possibly indirectly, still have a shareholding in our club.
Yams donating to FoH (or whatever they are called) thought they were buying shares in their club but have so far had nowt in return.

Who brought that up about FOH?

I took the quote in context of "you own 0 shares in your club"
Which is exactly the same as putting money into HSL, you still own 0 shares. Nada, nil. Nothing in your name. Not sure why that's so hard to understand.

ColinNish
14-04-2017, 02:35 PM
The members of HSL collectively own the shares which
are purchased - I think that's the point you are missing!

They are not in your own name, that's the point you are missing.

ColinNish
14-04-2017, 02:37 PM
It is a bit like HSL in that an individual contributor does not directly own shares in the club. However the fundamental difference which you seem to be disregarding is that the contributions to HSL all go towards buying shares in the club so indirectly the contributor does own shares as a member (i.e. owner) of HSL. Sir Tom Farmer doesn't directly own any shares in the club either.

These are shares in a club that has a first class stadium and its own training ground already in place so it can use the funds entirely for footballing purposes. It has already surrendered a substantial proportion of ownership to the fans both directly and indirectly through HSL, so there are more differences than similarities in the two schemes.

In short FoH is really nothing like HSL at present.

The bit in bold. 👏👏👏

As to the rest of your post, i never mentioned what HSL and FOH spend their money on, so its irrelevant.

Mikey
14-04-2017, 02:42 PM

I doubt there's anyone who contributes to HSL who doesn't know that.

ColinNish
14-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Just for clarification here, this is the post i quoted:

And to which i replied "a bit like HSL" then.

You can fill your replies full of HSL do this that and the next thing with the money you give them whereas FOH don't but it is completely irrelevant to what i posted.

YOU DO NOT OWN SHARES IN YOUR OWN NAME IN HIBS - no matter how much money you put into HSL.

If you want to put money into HSL then fill your boots but my point still stands.

Iggy Pope
14-04-2017, 02:56 PM

You can fill your replies full of HSL do this that and the next thing with the money you give them whereas FOH don't but it is completely irrelevant to what i posted.

YOU DO NOT OWN SHARES IN YOUR OWN NAME IN HIBS - no matter how much money you put into HSL.

If you want to put money into HSL then fill your boots but my point still stands.

I think that should be that.
We've turned a thread poking fun at Hertz into a quite tiresome debate about HSL (of which, there remains much to debate, no doubt. Would be better on a thread of its own though).

Caversham Green
14-04-2017, 02:58 PM
The bit in bold. 👏👏👏

As to the rest of your post, i never mentioned what HSL and FOH spend their money on, so its irrelevant.

It's only irrelevant to the narrow-minded.

The contributor to HSL owns a part of an entity that owns shares in Hibs - in the same way that Sir Tom Farmer does.

The contributor to FOH has no form of ownership of Hearts whatsoever.

The point you are trying to make has no substance.

marinello59
14-04-2017, 02:58 PM

Quit the trolling, it's getting more than tiresome now.

Jack
14-04-2017, 03:01 PM

From last year's letter that accompanied the annual accounts

“At 30 June 2016 Hibernian supporters owned 31.8% of the Club (up from 18.2% at 31 July 2015). 23.6% was held directly by 2,400 supporter shareholders and 8.2% was held by Hibernian Supporters Limited on behalf of its members. The success of the Share Issue is down to the commitment made by supporters to their Club. The Board has used those funds, as it said it would, to help fund sporting ambition. And that sporting ambition turned into sporting success.

GreenLake
14-04-2017, 03:18 PM

How did you manage to figure that out?

HSL have really pulled one over on everyone. :faf:

Bostonhibby
14-04-2017, 03:41 PM
It's only irrelevant to the narrow-minded.

The contributor to HSL owns a part of an entity that owns shares in Hibs - in the same way that Sir Tom Farmer does.

The contributor to FOH has no form of ownership of Hearts whatsoever.

The point you are trying to make has no substance.
Nail, hammer, heid.

It's probably a point not worth making but HSL exists for one reason only and it's articles of association ensure that the value of your contribution to buy shares is reflected and proportionate.

Shares in/purchased by HSL with your money is pretty much the same as a
The holding company company arrangement. All contributors to it are members and the entity plus it's shares belongs to those members.