PDA

View Full Version : NHC Less than 10,000 at Tynecastle today?

G B Young
08-04-2017, 05:20 PM
Was driving home from up north this afternoon and the pundit Northsound Radio had at Tynecastle said he'd been handed the 'official attendance' of over 16,000 but said "I can assure you it's a lot less than that. I'd be surprised if there are 10,000 in the ground."

Shape of things to come under Cathro hopefully...

LithgaeHibby
08-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Cathro was going on about 16k in his post match interview too, just carrying on with the fantasy.

Booked4Being-Ugly
08-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Was driving home from up north this afternoon and the pundit Northsound Radio had a Tynecastle said he'd been handed the 'official attendance' of over 16,000 but said "I can assure you it's a lot less than that. I'd be surprised if there are 10,000 in the ground."

Shape of things to come under Cathro hopefully... Cathro quote......
"We're suffering from a lack of positive results; there are no other issues. We are strong together and the team are fighting hard and putting in a massive effort. There were still 16,000 hearts fans here and we want that demand and we want everyone to come with us."

Bostonhibby
08-04-2017, 05:27 PM
10k sellout and the Cathro revolution begins. Father dougal must stay

LithgaeHibby
08-04-2017, 05:29 PM
Glad he got a slim victory today - that should buy him some more time.

ACLeith
08-04-2017, 05:35 PM
Was driving home from up north this afternoon and the pundit Northsound Radio had a Tynecastle said he'd been handed the 'official attendance' of over 16,000 but said "I can assure you it's a lot less than that. I'd be surprised if there are 10,000 in the ground."

Shape of things to come under Cathro hopefully...

They always count STs, even the sensible ones who gave stopped going. We count actual bums on seats.

NAE NOOKIE
08-04-2017, 05:36 PM
Cathro quote......
"We're suffering from a lack of positive results; there are no other issues. We are strong together and the team are fighting hard and putting in a massive effort. There were still 16,000 hearts fans here and we want that demand and we want everyone to come with us."

What bigger issue can there be than a lack of positive results :greengrin

Slavers
08-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Alan Preston on the radio proudly proclaimed attendance 16 thousand plus. No chance that was the attendance so why take pride in saying so?

Zazu62
08-04-2017, 05:45 PM
They've got a thing about attendances. Weird people

PatHead
08-04-2017, 05:47 PM
They always count STs, even the sensible ones who gave stopped going. We count actual bums on seats.

We don't now. Changed this season.

emerald green
08-04-2017, 05:51 PM
What's the point of lying/pretending that your actual attendances are higher than they really are?

iwasthere1972
08-04-2017, 05:54 PM
The highlights of the Hertz game is on BBC Alba at 10pm tonight so I might have a wee watch. Mind you I can never tell the difference between one of the manky auld pished stained maroon seats and a Jambo so the stadium could be empty or full. :wink:

ACLeith
08-04-2017, 07:22 PM
We don't now. Changed this season.

Didn't know that. The stated attendances usually seem to be about right from where I sit.

Famous Fiver
08-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Anecdotal evidence but D/Ds are being cancelled big time.

'Why am I paying for three dud left backs?'

'Budgie is screwing the fans rotten'

'Cathro hasn't got a clue'

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

I am loving it.

To quote one of my old favourites ' Tick Tock...............

houstonhibbee
08-04-2017, 07:33 PM
Not any more

FitbaFolkKen
08-04-2017, 07:33 PM
What's the point of lying/pretending that your actual attendances are higher than they really are?

If you have sold 16000 tickets then why would you say only 10000? Especially if you are looking to get value on sponsorship, advertising and in general marketing of the club.

It's the right way to do it but I don't understand the fascination with numbers on the other side of the city.

08-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Another sell out at tynecastle. Famous for their attendances :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
08-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Alan Preston on the radio proudly proclaimed attendance 16 thousand plus. No chance that was the attendance so why take pride in saying so?
Is it because he's a bloated purple faced yam roaster?

Just a wild guess on my part.

Galahibby
08-04-2017, 07:37 PM
Maybe it's time clubs started releasing both figures then: tickets sold and actual attendence.

Kato
08-04-2017, 07:49 PM
For as long as I can remember Hearts/and or their fans have told blatant porkies about their crowds.

Back when I was at school, 60's-70's, their mantra was "aye, but we don't count the main stand in the crowd".

Wee club, wee mentality, and just plain wee-ird.

Is It On....
08-04-2017, 07:57 PM

They also mentioned (Off The Ball I think) how few made the trip in midweek to Perth and that was a real problem because it's an indication of how disillusioned (and delusional 😂) they currently are. 🤔

iwasthere1972
08-04-2017, 09:35 PM
Just watching the highlights on BBC Alba and there's empty seats galore.

16,000 my erse.

Hearts are gash.

lapsedhibee
08-04-2017, 09:46 PM
If you have sold 16000 tickets then why would you say only 10000?
Because in current English 'attendance' does not mean 'tickets sold'.

truehibernian
08-04-2017, 09:51 PM

Him, Moira Gordon and Stevie Cowan tend to take up most of the seats so it's an easy mistake for him to make if he bases it on the row on media :greengrin

I'd be more worried about the fact he was walking down McLeod Street only an hour after his 'heroes' got horsed 5 zip with a Celtic players strip rolled up in his hand..........Hearts class that :aok:

Bostonhibby
08-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Am with you. If I am in attendance I am there.

If I have bought, or been sold a ticket it doesn't mean I am there. Especially if the event later proves to be less attractive than I thought so I went to the bowling club or waxed the rover 420 dse gti executive instead. If you don't appear there's no way you attended.

In legal terms imagine having to attend for jury duty but not appearing, would you be counted as being there?

AltheHibby
08-04-2017, 10:00 PM

New definition required for the Yamasauras?

G B Young
08-04-2017, 10:11 PM
Just watching the highlights on BBC Alba and there's empty seats galore.

16,000 my erse.

Hearts are gash.

I flicked channels for a quick look. You obviously can't see the near side stand but the ground looked only half full. Dismal atmosphere to boot. If Cathro seriously though there were 16k there he's even less in touch with reality than I imagined.

Danderhall Hibs
08-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Him, Moira Gordon and Stevie Cowan tend to take up most of the seats so it's an easy mistake for him to make if he bases it on the row on media :greengrin

I'd be more worried about the fact he was walking down McLeod Street only an hour after his 'heroes' got horsed 5 zip with a Celtic players strip rolled up in his hand..........Hearts class that :aok:

He's something to do with the agency that represent Sinclair I think?

Bostonhibby
08-04-2017, 10:18 PM
New definition required for the Yamasauras?
Attendance - wherever you are, all 400,000 of you, you are wedged into approximately 16,000 smaller than average faded plastic seats yet somehow only occupying 60% of them?

Got to have a chance of entering the Oxford English Dictionary never mind the yamasaurus

truehibernian
08-04-2017, 10:23 PM
He's something to do with the agency that represent Sinclair I think?

His company represents many players, my point was that as a Hibs fan, after a big defeat, the last thing I'd want my fellow Hibs fans seeing was me walking down Albion Road with a strip from the team that just horsed mine DH.

Saying that, I was more surprised because he's a The Rangers fan.

Alan62
08-04-2017, 10:29 PM
Am with you. If I am in attendance I am there.

If I have bought, or been sold a ticket it doesn't mean I am there. Especially if the event later proves to be less attractive than I thought so I went to the bowling club or waxed the rover 420 dse gti executive instead. If you don't appear there's no way you attended.

In legal terms imagine having to attend for jury duty but not appearing, would you be counted as being there?

'Waxing the Rover' does sound like a magnificent euphemism that is just perfect for Hearts fans.

Bostonhibby
08-04-2017, 10:32 PM
'Waxing the Rover' does sound like a magnificent euphemism that is just perfect for Hearts fans.
Applies equally to the ultimate yam status symbol, the dark red coloured rust bucket produced by British Leyland and very small dogs of the same name. They'll wax anything.[emoji6]

stoneyburn hibs
08-04-2017, 10:34 PM
Who the **** actually cares about the Hertz attendance today. A yam.

Captain Trips
08-04-2017, 10:35 PM
I hear Hearts have spoken to Arsenal asking what they did with the giant mural they had in 1992\93 season.

emerald green
09-04-2017, 10:12 AM

You beat me to it.

By all means publicise the total number of season tickets sold at the start of the season, and tell the truth about those numbers. But to kid on/fib that there are more people actually attending matches than is really the case smacks of something else.

It's like... "look at us, see what big crowds we get, we're a really really big team don't ya know". :rolleyes:

A team losing more games than it wins (especially on the back of its biggest home league defeat since 1973) does not attract "full houses" every week. It just doesn't happen. Fans are fickle. They will stay away.

They are at it again.

AltheHibby
09-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Attendance - wherever you are, all 400,000 of you, you are wedged into approximately 16,000 smaller than average faded plastic seats yet somehow only occupying 60% of them?

Got to have a chance of entering the Oxford English Dictionary never mind the yamasaurus

Love it.

Since90+2
09-04-2017, 10:42 AM
If anyone is really that bothered to find out you can do a FOI request to find out the actual attendances through Police Scotland as clubs must report actual clicks through the turnstyles. A Sevco fan done this to find out attendances at Celtic Park about 2 or 3 seasons ago and the actual number was about 10,000 less than what was being publicly reported.

Mcpakeisgod
09-04-2017, 10:44 AM
Tin helmet on here- I was at the game (was out with jambo mates all day & they had a spare season ticket)

1. I agree with the radio, would be surprised if it was 10,000
2. Jesus Christ that place is a morgue, ALOT of boo boys as well.

Kato
09-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Tin helmet on here- I was at the game (was out with jambo mates all day & they had a spare season ticket)

Sure it isn't a tin foil helmet you need?

calumhibee1
09-04-2017, 10:54 AM
"Look at all the Hibees dressed up as empty seats" etc. How many times have we heard this in the past? I've hardly ever seen Tynecastle genuinely full for anything other than OF and Hibs games yet the attendance has been "yet another sell out" nearly every week for about 3 seasons. There's absolutely stacks of empty seats every week :agree:

SirDavidsNapper
09-04-2017, 12:34 PM
It's quite worrying that some Hearts fans believe there were over 16k there yesterday and are patting themselves on the back for it. Delusion.

Bostonhibby
09-04-2017, 12:52 PM
It's quite worrying that some Hearts fans believe there were over 16k there yesterday and are patting themselves on the back for it. Delusion.
As that nice Mr Romanov proved, if you say it often enough and with a suitable fanfare they will believe.

Just got to know how to handle a village idiots convention audience

Killiehibbie
09-04-2017, 02:54 PM
In the old days crowds were understated because most people paid cash at the turnstile. Now it seems to be tickets issued regardless of how many don't bother using their ticket, it can only be to make the clubs more attractive to sponsors or a look at how many we get attitude. I doubt they fool anybody when thousands of empty seats are clearly visible. Celtic must be the worst for this.

lapsedhibee
09-04-2017, 03:33 PM
In the old days crowds were understated because most people paid cash at the turnstile. Now it seems to be tickets issued regardless of how many don't bother using their ticket, it can only be to make the clubs more attractive to sponsors or a look at how many we get attitude. I doubt they fool anybody when thousands of empty seats are clearly visible. Celtic must be the worst for this.

Shirley it is less important to someone paying for advertising space within the ground to know how many season tickets have been sold than to know how many people are actually at the games seeing their adverts? If they're looking after their business properly they won't be taken in by the made-up pish that comes out of the PBS week after week.

lord bunberry
09-04-2017, 03:37 PM
https://youtu.be/41U8KdlMHf8
https://youtu.be/41U8KdlMHf8
heres evidence of the 16k attendance at the pbs
what is it with young hearts fans feeling the need to video themselves on YouTube?

where'stheslope
09-04-2017, 03:46 PM
If they are understating crowds the HMRC will be after them for tax evasion!

If you have sold a ticket for the game it must be declared for VAT!

I'm sure it is the same for all clubs as all must pay VAT on income from punters!

If they are overstating by 6,ooo tickets @ say £20 each, means they have to fork out £24,000 for saving face!!!

I say let them get on with it?????

weecounty hibby
09-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Tynecastle must hold 30000 if that was a crowd of 16000. They really are the most cringeworthy shower in everything they do

Aldo
09-04-2017, 03:56 PM
Let's face it they've been doing it for years and will continue to do so.

One thing I know for certain and its FACT!

Once they put together this new super dooper stand they still won't have a capacity bigger than ours.

It's as simple as that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libby Hibby
09-04-2017, 05:19 PM

Each to their own but if I was in your situation, right boys, enjoy the game and I'll see you in the boozer afterwards

Jack Hackett
09-04-2017, 05:52 PM

I'm sure it is the same for all clubs as all must pay VAT on income from punters!

If they are overstating by 6,ooo tickets @ say £20 each, means they have to fork out £24,000 for saving face!!!

Hertz will have paid VAT on their seasons (being the fine upstanding institution they are). The only number the taxman will be interested in is the number of walk-ups. They couldn't care less about any other numbers the club release

BullsCloseHibs
09-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Hearts did this under Ronanov era too. Anyone know why they would want to fudge their figures? Surely not doing it as a ploy to get more ********s (sorry, *****) on seats?

BullsCloseHibs
09-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Each to their own but if I was in your situation, right boys, enjoy the game and I'll see you in the boozer afterwards

I'd rather someone burned my ears with a fag than sit and watch a Fartz match

mjhibby
09-04-2017, 07:00 PM
Let's face it they've been doing it for years and will continue to do so.

One thing I know for certain and its FACT!

Once they put together this new super dooper stand they still won't have a capacity bigger than ours.

It's as simple as that!

I'm sure they are so petty if we get a crowd of 20,400 they will have one of 20,410. The crowd yday looked 1000s short of capacity. That's embarrassing them saying the crowd was 16,000. The only way to compare crowds now is to include st holders who don't attend. I don't think we could be arsed doing that and quite rightly give the actual crowd. They are such a sad wee club.

Aldo
09-04-2017, 07:03 PM
I'm sure they are so petty if we get a crowd of 20,400 they will have one of 20,410. The crowd yday looked 1000s short of capacity. That's embarrassing them saying the crowd was 16,000. The only way to compare crowds now is to include st holders who don't attend. I don't think we could be arsed doing that and quite rightly give the actual crowd. They are such a sad wee club.

Problem is their official capacity will only be 20,099! So good luck to them beating the crowd from the recent Derby at ER!

Biggie
09-04-2017, 07:19 PM

It's all about the size of your tadger......cock measuring is their speciality

Broken Gnome
09-04-2017, 07:29 PM
Three stands on the online highlights look way over half full.... where are people getting 9,000-odd from?

SouthMoroccoStu
09-04-2017, 07:36 PM
League games are sell outs but cup games where they have to split gate receipts are always low attendance

Funny that.....

Craig_HFC
09-04-2017, 07:37 PM
Who cares?

Jack Hackett
09-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Who cares?

The yams

Craig_HFC
09-04-2017, 07:38 PM
The yams

Wasn't aware this was a Hearts forum

Jack Hackett
09-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Wasn't aware this was a Hearts forum

Sorry. I'll pm you for permission next time I want to talk about them.

Craig_HFC
09-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Sorry. I'll pm you for permission next time I want to talk about them.

I'd expect nothing less

:greengrin

Jack Hackett
09-04-2017, 07:46 PM
I'd expect nothing less

:greengrin

:wink:

PeeKay
09-04-2017, 07:49 PM
League games are sell outs but cup games where they have to split gate receipts are always low attendance

Funny that.....

But a sell out game can still have low attendance if ticket holders don't turn up on the day. I think that is what is happening at Tynie right now. STs who bought at this time last year are now experiencing the first dose of reality that they have tasted in years.

Deansy
09-04-2017, 08:04 PM
They've got a thing about attendances. Weird people

It's all to do with their obsession with 'Size' - it's called the 'Wee Club' syndrome, a tiny, insignificant club that really, really wishes it was bigger than it actually is but never will be. The fact that when their new stand is complete means their official attendance at the PBS will be SMALLER than Easter Road is NEVER mentioned and probably never will be. They will just carry on living in their 'Jambo Fantasy-Bubble' where they ARE a 'Big team', they ARE 'Famous' and they OWN Riccarton !!

Coupled with the attendances we're getting whilst in a lower league than them just now, means their behaviour will continue to deteriorate. If all concerned at the PBS were represented by just one person, the authorities would be contemplating 'Sectioning' for his/her's own good as there's no signs whatsoever of their situation changing - if anything, their situation will worsen when/if the corners at ER are filled-in !

Dalianwanda
09-04-2017, 08:16 PM
Page 3 of 'their' obsession 😜

mca
09-04-2017, 08:17 PM
or waxed the rover 420 dse gti executive instead.

Phwoar.. Nice Car.. :greengrin

I Also remember back in the Early 90`s.... Being Dragged to Darkheid on a Midweek game...

The Crowd was Announced as something like 25k... But It was Empty..

HibsNutter
09-04-2017, 08:26 PM
Who the **** actually cares about the Hertz attendance today. A yam.

We're becoming as weird as them, even have several people who actually count the dots on our ticketing site to see how many we've sold. Who the **** has the time to do that?

G B Young
09-04-2017, 09:17 PM
The capacity of the PBS is only 1k more than the alleged attendance yesterday. Even a glance at the highlights exposes the claim of 16k+ as nonsense.

iwasthere1972
09-04-2017, 10:04 PM
The capacity of the PBS is only 1k more than the alleged attendance yesterday. Even a glance at the highlights exposes the claim of 16k+ as nonsense.

I would have thought that there were a few thousand or so stay away season ticket holders who have seen enough this season. Hopefully they will not renew for next season especially if Cathro manages to keep his job.

CropleyWasGod
09-04-2017, 10:14 PM

Don't think anyone is saying that they're understating attendances.

In any event, HMRC won't be interested in what is published. They'll only be interested in what was taken and, as has been said, only for walk ups.

Your arithmetic is wrong BTW. VAT on 120k is 20k. [emoji48]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

monktonharp
09-04-2017, 10:43 PM
Hertz will have paid VAT on their seasons (being the fine upstanding institution they are). The only number the taxman will be interested in is the number of walk-ups. They couldn't care less about any other numbers the club releasetherin may lay the problem with them overstating the actual numbers where it might be best to suggest all attendees are ST holders, thereby suggesting that none are walkups . seems a bit strange , to say the least

monktonharp
09-04-2017, 10:49 PM
We're becoming as weird as them, even have several people who actually count the dots on our ticketing site to see how many we've sold. Who the **** has the time to do that?No we're not. we can see by our own eyes that they certainly did not have the amount they stated. why do that ?

monktonharp
09-04-2017, 10:56 PM
I would have thought that there were a few thousand or so stay away season ticket holders who have seen enough this season. Hopefully they will not renew for next season especially if Cathro manages to keep his job.c'mon Bob. you suggesting the young Ian has deffered a stay of execution? I hope you are right and they give him some leeway at least into next season for a couple of derby games:wink: I know we are not with the big team yet, but it would be lovely if he gets a chance:greengrin