PDA

View Full Version : Players

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2017, 10:10 AM
Right, getting a bit fed up of the constant negativity, with certain players the target in the main.

We are Hibs, not Barcelona. Every player has attributes, whilst ultimately they will have faults. No player ever goes out to perform badly, so we as a support should be cognisant of that. Instead of barracking our players, we should be rallying around them.

Let's show them what they mean to us, they are our players, our team. Let's get over the line, then see what happens in the Summer.

Hibernian, ours.....

Jonnyboy
03-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Well said 👍

Dibben
03-04-2017, 10:18 AM
Agree 100%

Since90+2
03-04-2017, 10:19 AM
I agree with your point but its just the way some football fans are. You will always get people who love a moan at the football and its not unique to Hibs or likely to change.

J-C
03-04-2017, 10:21 AM
I don't think many are having a go at them whilst they play for us, it's now getting to that time in the season where we can see the finish line and we're drawn to what is needed for next season to take that next step up.

We have a number of players out of contract and Lennon will have to decide which players he wants to keep and which ones he let go, we as fans are doing the same thing unfortunately certain individuals tend to become nasty and make personal digs about certain players, this is not needed.

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2017, 10:22 AM
I agree with your point but its just the way some football fans are. You will always get people who love a moan at the football and its not unique to Hibs or likely to change.

I agree, but really we are meant to be supporters. For example, Lewis played well on Saturday, put some great deliveries in, but lo and behold, the one time he makes a mess of a cross, the vitriol comes out. I heard it on Saturday, and people see only what they want to see

Aubenas
03-04-2017, 10:24 AM
Right, getting a bit fed up of the constant negativity, with certain players the target in the main.

We are Hibs, not Barcelona. Every player has attributes, whilst ultimately they will have faults. No player ever goes out to perform badly, so we as a support should be cognisant of that. Instead of barracking our players, we should be rallying around them.

Let's show them what they mean to us, they are our players, our team. Let's get over the line, then see what happens in the Summer.

Hibernian, ours.....

Absolutely. No matter the roller coaster we ride with Hibs, the one sure constant is there will always be someone sitting nearby determined to bad mouth team or a player.

Most of us enjoy going to the game to support the lads and generally the better our support the better they play. Ye would think that was obvious. 'Mon the Hibees!

Garymcl
03-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Totally agree with you bf we as supporters are human for instance player makes a mistake I for one now and again have a private moan but I try tell fans beside me at least keep it low key and don't berate the individual player responsible forget it and get behind after as you say it's not intentional I have been on here many times saying the same thing the finishing line is in sight more than ever the team needs us home and away to get right behind them we have been turning up in great numbers let's put it to good use Ggtth

bigwheel
03-04-2017, 10:40 AM

Hibernian, ours.....

Amen to that [emoji106][emoji106]

worcesterhibby
03-04-2017, 11:15 AM
Great OP

Ozyhibby
03-04-2017, 11:22 AM
If you wish really hard, fans will stop discussing the merits of individual players. Or maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty_f
03-04-2017, 11:33 AM

Hibernian, ours.....

Great post. :top marks

JDHibs
03-04-2017, 11:38 AM
From my point of view, the moaning isnt because they arent Barcalona players. The moaning is down to frustrations.

Such as Keatings, frustrates the life out of me, can be invisible for 3 or 4 games then pulls out a cameo performance like that against Falkirk. 1 assist and a worldie. So he has the talent but doesnt produce often enough.

Or Stevenson/Gray, get to the byline and put a good cross in, then dont do it again for the entire game. I wouldnt even care if they tried to go past and lost the ball. Just try!

Could go through the whole team. The players shown in glimpses what they can do, but dont show it often enough. Thats what annoys me.

However, as long as they are in green and white, i will support them forever more.

Seveno
03-04-2017, 11:39 AM
I agree, but really we are meant to be supporters. For example, Lewis played well on Saturday, put some great deliveries in, but lo and behold, the one time he makes a mess of a cross, the vitriol comes out. I heard it on Saturday, and people see only what they want to see

Nail, hit, head.

LaMotta
03-04-2017, 12:16 PM
From my point of view, the moaning isnt because they arent Barcalona players. The moaning is down to frustrations.

Such as Keatings, frustrates the life out of me, can be invisible for 3 or 4 games then pulls out a cameo performance like that against Falkirk. 1 assist and a worldie. So he has the talent but doesnt produce often enough.

Or Stevenson/Gray, get to the byline and put a good cross in, then dont do it again for the entire game. I wouldnt even care if they tried to go past and lost the ball. Just try!

Could go through the whole team. The players shown in glimpses what they can do, but dont show it often enough. Thats what annoys me.

However, as long as they are in green and white, i will support them forever more.

Its just part of football though that players will be frustrating. What is the moaning going to achieve?

Anyone moaning at or abusing our own players is more likely frustrated with their own life I would suggest.

mjhibby
03-04-2017, 12:47 PM
Absolutely. No matter the roller coaster we ride with Hibs, the one sure constant is there will always be someone sitting nearby determined to bad mouth team or a player.

Most of us enjoy going to the game to support the lads and generally the better our support the better they play. Ye would think that was obvious. 'Mon the Hibees!

Indeed. I've never known any team play better when constantly being moaned at. Yes there has been too many draws but we have had three defeats and get a result when it matters plus are in the semi final having skelped Hertz on the way. Plus we have had loads of injuries as shown with Ambrose and McLean playing on Saturday with three defenders injured and gray only fit enough for the bench plus shinnie and Humphrey also out.I think it's being in the championship for a third season that makes people's moans more frequent. I'm sure come the first game of next season the fans will be right behind the team.

The Gorf
03-04-2017, 12:54 PM

We are Hibs, not Barcelona. Every player has attributes, whilst ultimately they will have faults. No player ever goes out to perform badly, so we as a support should be cognisant of that. Instead of barracking our players, we should be rallying around

Hibernian, ours.....

Agree . Especially the Stevenson bashers!!!!

inglisavhibs
03-04-2017, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;4998469]If you wish really hard, fans will stop discussing the merits of individual players. Or maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTe The time to discuss the merits of individual players and managers is at the end of the season. Discussing their future when we have still to win the league and are still in the cup can only be detrimental. Our players and management (bar none) have given their all this season, and deserve our support. Opinions will always be divided on the merits of individual players but as supporters we should want the best for our club and that means "support"

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2017, 01:19 PM
Ah well, thats the internet closed down, it was fun while it lasted.

Ozyhibby
03-04-2017, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;4998469]If you wish really hard, fans will stop discussing the merits of individual players. Or maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTe The time to discuss the merits of individual players and managers is at the end of the season. Discussing their future when we have still to win the league and are still in the cup can only be detrimental. Our players and management (bar none) have given their all this season, and deserve our support. Opinions will always be divided on the merits of individual players but as supporters we should want the best for our club and that means "support"

I think every one of ours players have shown themselves to be excellent professionals who have worked very hard this season. And they all receive excellent support at every game.
However there is no way that fans will stop discussing the merits of players at the club. That's what makes football what it is. It's never going to go away. Have we to stop chatting about them in the pub as well?

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2017, 04:19 PM
2 smart alec comments from the usual suspects, to be expected I suppose.....

SRHibs
03-04-2017, 05:24 PM

Its just a pointless post. Are you expecting to alter human nature and behaviour by moaning about football fans being fickle? Also, if this forum was only positive it would be about 1/10th as popular, and interesting, as it currently is.

I support the current team 100%, but I'm also realistic when it comes to the fact that there are various areas where we can (and will) upgrade when we get the chance.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-04-2017, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=inglisavhibs;4998562]

I think every one of ours players have shown themselves to be excellent professionals who have worked very hard this season. And they all receive excellent support at every game.
However there is no way that fans will stop discussing the merits of players at the club. That's what makes football what it is. It's never going to go away. Have we to stop chatting about them in the pub as well?

The difference is in the pub the folks talking bollox are usually pulled up and quieten down or everyone is so melted it's soon forgotten. Here on .net the numpticity can last a fair while and is recorded on tinternet to boot and resurrected on occasion.

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2017, 05:32 PM
Its just a pointless post. Are you expecting to alter human nature and behaviour by moaning about football fans being fickle? Also, if this forum was only positive it would be about 1/10th as popular, and interesting, as it currently is.

I support the current team 100%, but I'm also realistic when it comes to the fact that there are various areas where we can (and will) upgrade when we get the chance.

Pointless, I ended reading there:aok:

RamYer1902
03-04-2017, 05:56 PM
Brian Graham is brutal though

SRHibs
03-04-2017, 05:57 PM
Pointless, I ended reading there:aok:

It's OK, we aren't allowed to post our negative opinions about Stevenson on here, but we are allowed to provoke the public embarrassment of a hibs legend. I'll remember that.

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2017, 06:07 PM
It's OK, we aren't allowed to post our negative opinions about Stevenson on here, but we are allowed to provoke the public embarrassment of a hibs legend. I'll remember that.

:blah::blah::blah:

SRHibs
03-04-2017, 06:12 PM

Blah blah blah all you want, unless you're not very bright, you yourself would know that this thread wouldn't make a jot of difference to anything. I guess there's nothing wrong with wanting to have your own voice heard, though. I'm now understanding why you have named yourself Foghorn!

FitbaFolkKen
03-04-2017, 06:16 PM

That what you did with Stanton? He's one of ours as well is he not?

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2017, 06:20 PM
That what you did with Stanton? He's one of ours as well is he not?

And another one......It's been done to death, I asked a question, he reacted badly. Don't let the truth get in the way though:aok:

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2017, 06:21 PM
Blah blah blah all you want, unless you're not very bright, you yourself would know that this thread wouldn't make a jot of difference to anything. I guess there's nothing wrong with wanting to have your own voice heard, though. I'm now understanding why you have named yourself Foghorn!

Less of the personal insults if you don't mind:aok:

SRHibs
03-04-2017, 06:23 PM
And another one......It's been done to death, I asked a question, he reacted badly. Don't let the truth get in the way though:aok:

The term "loaded question" was probably coined after that moment. His reaction wasn't ideal considering the position he was in, but justified it certainly was.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-04-2017, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if players don't care about what is posted on fan's websites.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2017, 06:28 PM

Worse than that some people have made their mind up before a ball has been kicked regardless of their performance. Some erses even slag off players who they think are playing when they aren't even on the pitch!

FitbaFolkKen
03-04-2017, 06:30 PM

I'm not really fussed but you and others then talk about the criticism of Stevenson as an example and that some of his crossing is great. 1 assist in 30 games would dispute that but don't let stats get in the way. Let's just dismiss those of us that maybe don't rate the player as highly as "Stevenson Basher's".

Ronniekirk
03-04-2017, 06:31 PM

Hibernian, ours.....

No issue with the bit Lets get over the line snd see what happens in the Summer
But you can understand a lot of fans frustrations at the number of Draws in the last number of games
Its human nature to start looking at why this can't be sorted by the Management snd Squad
However certain players do seem to cone in for more criticism than others
We could all make that list ,but Lennon will make up his own mind who he wants to keep and a few players certainly haven't helped their own case for a new contract imo

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2017, 06:31 PM

You pick and choose when you want to be critical, perhaps if you'd stuck behind Hughes the team may have done better?

Whats changed?

Although why anyone who discusses the good or bad on a football message board can't still get behind the team on a saturday is beyond me?

So what i'm really saying is practise what you preach, or get the internet closed down, as views good and bad will be spoken about whether you or anyone else likes it or not.

FitbaFolkKen
03-04-2017, 06:32 PM
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if players don't care about what is posted on fan's websites.

And if they do they likely shouldn't be professionals!

Worse than that some people have made their mind up before a ball has been kicked regardless of their performance. Some erses even slag off players who they think are playing when they aren't even on the pitch!

Brian Kerr has been ***** for us for the last few years but I've never seen any criticism.

FitbaFolkKen
03-04-2017, 06:34 PM
You pick and choose when you want to be critical, perhaps if you'd stuck behind Hughes the team may have done better?

Whats changed?

Although why anyone who discusses the good or bad on a football message board can't still get behind the team on a saturday is beyond me?

So what i'm really saying is practise what you preach, or get the internet closed down, as views good and bad will be spoken about whether you or anyone else likes it or not.

Debate on here but support on a Saturday. Absolutely!

I think there will be major surgery in the summer and I don't think Lennon thinks a lto of the guys are good enough. He has just handled it better then TB did.

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2017, 06:36 PM

Whats changed?

Asking for the internet to be closed, not sure I wanted that, unless you know something I don't.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2017, 06:41 PM
Asking for the internet to be closed, not sure I wanted that, unless you know something I don't.

A flippant remark as you well know baldy, i just cant see how you can stop people giving their views, good or bad as you have done many times too.

Waxy
03-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Great OP. If there is such a thing as the perfect point of view a vast majority of football fans are nowhere near it.Guess it's just everyone is different and have a unique opinion. Human nature seems to lean towards the negative from my limited observations.This is maybe why we hardly give thanks and well done to players and are quick to get in their backs.Perhaps this is our way of trying to get them to do better?

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-04-2017, 07:02 PM
A flippant remark as you well know baldy, i just cant see how you can stop people giving their views, good or bad as you have done many times too.

That's the whole point of a fan's website. And we can if and but all day long, but when we have 15,000 fans for every home game does the odd thread having a pop at one or two players mean we have problems? I would say no. Threads where everyone is in agreement are usually dross, unless it is the Scottish Cup Winners one or the Sevco implosion. I always take the wide of the mark postings with a wee pinch of salt and a big pinch of fun.

SRHibs
03-04-2017, 07:18 PM
You couldn't make it up. I didn't even have to go past the first page of posts: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?320256-Holt&p=4993782&highlight=#post4993782

Sure Brian Graham will be delighted with your supportive ideals!

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2017, 07:19 PM

Wasn't a flippant remark, it was in reply to you saying close the internet.

I am well aware their are polarised views, I was asking for a bit of leeway going into final stretch.

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2017, 07:20 PM
You couldn't make it up. I didn't even have to go past the first page of posts: http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?320256-Holt&p=4993782&highlight=#post4993782

Sure Brian Graham will be delighted with your supportive ideals!

Haha very good, wan't to troll any other of my 16,000 posts?

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Wasn't a flippant remark, it was in reply to you saying close the internet.

I am well aware their are polarised views, I was asking for a bit of leeway going into final stretch.
It was me who made the flippant remark about closing the internet, even i know this is beyond your powers. :greengrin

SRHibs
03-04-2017, 07:21 PM
Haha very good, wan't to troll any other of my 16,000 posts?
Troll? It completely contradicts the entire point if this thread. Your post is less than supportive, and funnily enough it targets one of the scapegoats you were obviously alluding to in the OP. Practice what you preach.

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2017, 07:23 PM
Troll? It completely contradicts the entire point if this thread. Your post is less than supportive, and funnily enough it targets one of the scapegoats you were obviously alluding to in the OP. Practice what you preach.

MMMM ok Einstein.....Tell me where I slated BG????

SRHibs
03-04-2017, 07:27 PM
MMMM ok Einstein.....Tell me where I slated BG????

You've made a post saying support the players and to "show them what they mean to us", yet in another post you've said you want BG binned. Spot the contradiction?

Regardless, I agree with the sentiment of 100% backing the players at the game, but for me Hibs.net is a different story. Different views on players often provoke interesting discussion, and that's why most of us are here.

silverhibee
03-04-2017, 07:28 PM

I don't think they do.

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2017, 07:29 PM
You've made a post saying support the players and to "show them what they mean to us", yet in another post you've said you want BG binned. Spot the contradiction?

Regardless, I agree with the sentiment of 100% backing the players at the game, but for me Hibs.net is a different story. Different views on players often provoke interesting discussion, and that's why most of us are here.

That's not what I said.

3pm
03-04-2017, 07:30 PM
That's not what I said.

You should have, he's pish! :greengrin

SRHibs
03-04-2017, 07:33 PM
That's not what I said.

Not literally, no, you did however say that he's a "problem to rectified in the transfer window". I'm sure he's beaming after reading that post of support from you.

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2017, 07:34 PM
Not literally, no, you did however say that he's a "problem to rectified in the transfer window". I'm sure he's beaming after reading that post of support from you.

Again you are wrong. Read the post again.....

SRHibs
03-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Again you are wrong. Read the post again.....

What did you mean then? I've read it numerous times and am still inferring the same thing.

Slavoj Zizek
03-04-2017, 07:38 PM

Hibernian, ours.....

A swing and a miss. Yet another passive-agressive rallying post on hibs.net for the ordinary fan. How many of those have we had since the Calderwood era. WE ARE SUPPORTING THE TEAM. I apologize because FWIW I actually wholeheartedly agree with your post.

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2017, 07:38 PM
What did you mean then? I've read it numerous times and am still inferring the same thing.

That we have a goal scoring problem that needs rectified in the summer ("Problem to be rectified in Summer window", original)

Slavoj Zizek
03-04-2017, 07:40 PM
That we have a goal scoring problem that needs rectified in the summer ("Problem to be rectified in Summer window", original)

Of course we do. It seems your head has gone which means this thread has gone. Take a deep breath and take it easy.

Ronniekirk
03-04-2017, 07:41 PM

Well i think we can all concur with that But whether the solution is solely changing Striker personnel is another whole debate about kack of supply , role of midfield players ,lack of width etc

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2017, 07:42 PM
Of course we do. It seems your head has gone which means this thread has gone. Take a deep breath and take it easy.

My head is fine thanks

Baldy Foghorn
03-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Well i think we can all concur with that But whether the solution is solely changing Striker personnel is another whole debate about kack of supply , role of midfield players ,lack of width etc

Yeah, agree with your point

FitbaFolkKen
03-04-2017, 07:43 PM

I've read it as well and to me it reads as "I don't rate Graham, needs replaced in the summer"