PDA

View Full Version : Aidan Nesbitt

mim
30-03-2017, 09:00 AM
I thought this lad was superb last night. He was the best player on the park imho and never stopped grafting from first to last.
I saw him for Celtic development team at Cowdenbeath in the Irn Bru Cup at the start of the season and was impressed that night too.
If he doesn't make it back at Celtic, I would love to see him at ER.

H18 SFR
30-03-2017, 09:13 AM
I thought this lad was superb last night. He was the best player on the park imho and never stopped grafting from first to last.
I saw him for Celtic development team at Cowdenbeath in the Irn Bru Cup at the start of the season and was impressed that night too.

I thought there was a bit of Liam Henderson about him.

Big L
30-03-2017, 09:16 AM
I agree, he gave it everything, always pressing our defenders, very pacey, bit lightweight but still just a lad but a talent.

lugz
30-03-2017, 09:23 AM
was that their no 11?

To deliver...
30-03-2017, 09:25 AM
was that their no 11?

Aye. Had good movement about him.

Pretty Boy
30-03-2017, 09:26 AM
was that their no 11?

That was my initial thought as well. Has to be.

He looked a very decent player.

Smartie
30-03-2017, 09:33 AM
He was pretty unique, I don't think I've seen a player like him before.

Really wiry, skinny but very good at holding the ball up. Lovely control and good ability running with the ball which took pressure off their defence and allowed them to get out and up the park.

I was impressed.

Other than the disgraceful tackle and "simulation" leading to the handbags at the end I was quite impressed by Morton. They were solid at the back, carried a threat going forward (without ever really cutting us open) and played some nice stuff in places. It was a competitive enough game without their being any of the Falkirk-style niggling.

It was nice to play a game of football for a change.

Libby Hibby
30-03-2017, 09:37 AM
I thought their number 10, J Lindsay had a good game also as well as their captain at centre half.

mim
30-03-2017, 09:42 AM
That was my initial thought as well. Has to be.
He looked a very decent player.

Certainly was, S. (I think he uses Duracel)
I didn't know who he was until later, but I heard a few folk being complimentary about 'the number 11 '

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2017, 10:17 AM
To be fair to Morton they had two or three players who had good games last night .... they looked mobile and fit all over the park, perhaps lacking a wee bit of guile in the final 3rd, but our defence can take credit for not allowing them too many efforts on goal. If we win the league and they end up in the playoffs provided they can stop Falkirk kicking them off the park I could see them beating 2nd bottom in the premiership.

Billy Whizz
30-03-2017, 10:34 AM

Is he on loan from Celtic, or is he a Morton player now?

mim
30-03-2017, 10:36 AM
Is he on loan from Celtic, or is he a Morton player now?

He's on loan

Billy Whizz
30-03-2017, 10:37 AM
He's on loan

Ta, as is Lindsay

bingo70
30-03-2017, 11:50 AM
Think it was their number 6 (or possibly 8) that caught my eye. Didn't look the part and suspect he's not young but the guy could shift, couple of times he really closed down hanlon quickly and had me ****ting myself.

Bayern Bru
30-03-2017, 02:34 PM
Think it was their number 6 (or possibly 8) that caught my eye. Didn't look the part and suspect he's not young but the guy could shift, couple of times he really closed down hanlon quickly and had me ****ting myself.

Suspect you mean Ross Forbes who was wearing number 8. Decent player, even if he did once have a penalty against Hibs saved by Graeme Smith.

I thought Nesbitt was a bit raw... if Celtic send him out on loan next season and we're back in the Premiership he might be worth a look - depending on who else we bring in of course.

Pete
30-03-2017, 02:39 PM
was that their no 11?

He looked decent, as did a few of them.

If it's who I think it is then he'll have to get that ridiculous hair sorted before any move to a club like Hibernian. It's bordering on unacceptable.

Hibernia&Alba
30-03-2017, 04:03 PM
I can't believe this far into the thread nobody has asked about whether he's Rab's laddie :greengrin

He was impressive. Like the look of him.

hfc rd
30-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Wouldn't mind here. Thought he was my MOTM. Looked a very talented player.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-03-2017, 05:18 PM
He looked decent, as did a few of them.

If it's who I think it is then he'll have to get that ridiculous hair sorted before any move to a club like Hibernian. It's bordering on unacceptable.

Mullet-heid.

hibs0666
30-03-2017, 05:23 PM

Yup but I thought their centre halves were outstanding.

Bayern Bru
30-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Yup but I thought their centre halves were outstanding.

Always been impressed by O'Ware :agree: