PDA

View Full Version : Tackle, Headbutt, Fight

Colr
30-03-2017, 05:48 AM
Clear footage here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/alirv5/status/847207013625024512

lyonhibs
30-03-2017, 06:13 AM
Doesn't look great from McGregor and whilst Lennon's initial reaction is completely justified, to keep going radge for that long smacks of playground posturing to me.

Worst thing is of course the initial tackle though.

Benny Brazil
30-03-2017, 06:20 AM
Doesn't look great from McGregor and whilst Lennon's initial reaction is completely justified, to keep going radge for that long smacks of playground posturing to me.

Looks to me like Duff Jimmy has said something that has clearly wound Lennon up - I have to say I love the passion and the fight from Lennon though

Wembley67
30-03-2017, 06:23 AM
Looks to me like Duff Jimmy has said something that has clearly wound Lennon up - I have to say I love the passion and the fight from Lennon though

Passionate yes, embarrassing yes.

Not the behaviour expected from the main man in one of Scotland biggest clubs.

Colr

Duff Jimmy entered the Hibs technical area instigating the confrontation. Lennon seamed to react to what was said.

Doesn't look good for MacGregor but the Morton player did feign contact as well.

JimBHibees

McGregor will get done as he put his head forward however the guy falling down needs shooting for that reaction. Not sure the tackle was that bad to merit the reaction to be honest. Just happened at the wrong area of the pitch.

JimBHibees
30-03-2017, 06:25 AM
Duff Jimmy entered the Hibs technical area instigating the confrontation. Lennon seamed to react to what was said.

Doesn't look good for MacGregor but the Morton player did feign contact as well.

Absolutely did a disgraceful reaction.

Benny Brazil
30-03-2017, 06:27 AM

On this occassion yes I agree with you - I was meaning in more general terms

Wembley67
30-03-2017, 06:29 AM
It's strange one, I absolutely love the passion he is showing and it is something we have lacked but that is no way for a high profile public figure to conduct themselves.

Peevemor
30-03-2017, 06:29 AM

Anything but. I think Lennon wanted to have serious words with Puffy.

hibsbollah
30-03-2017, 06:33 AM
Duffy sanctioned for getting in Lennons area, Lennon sanctioned for his reaction, Daz lowered his head hence a red, shocking challenge and blatant acting afterwards so another red.

The ref got it all right.

DunblaneHibby
30-03-2017, 06:38 AM

Couldnt agree more. I dont think Leanne or Rod will be pleased with his behaviour. Way over the top.

JimBHibees
30-03-2017, 06:41 AM
It's strange one, I absolutely love the passion he is showing and it is something we have lacked but that is no way for a high profile public figure to conduct themselves.

His initial reaction was understandable however it ran on too long and he needed to step back. Easier said than done though.

Scooter
30-03-2017, 06:46 AM
Daz. Did move his head but it looks more like a gesture more like a point at forster or what are you (head nod) doing
""

Wembley67
30-03-2017, 06:47 AM
His initial reaction was understandable however it ran on too long and he needed to step back. Easier said than done though.

Totally agree. At work people push the wrong buttons all the time to wind you up, whether it's in a board room, shop floor, building site you just can't react like that especially after the initial reaction as you say.

Ps that's not me calling for his head although I've never liked him 😀

JimBHibees
30-03-2017, 06:49 AM
Totally agree. At work people push the wrong buttons all the time to wind you up, whether it's in a board room, shop floor, building site you just can't react like that especially after the initial reaction as you say.

Ps that's not me calling for his head although I've never liked him 😀

I am the opposite really like him however as can be seen last night he can lose it out of proportion IMO. good to have a passionate manager however needs to reign it in at times, he will be hammered for this though.

Just Jimmy
30-03-2017, 06:54 AM
Who cares? I'm passed nice Hibs. For three years this league has taken the utter piss out us. Last night was episode 337 etc. The mcginn incident, the handball, and then that disgusting challenge and play acting added to that absolute welt Duffy getting into the hibs technical area.

Lennon's interview was spot on. It'll be bad old lenny again.

I hope he uses it to say its us against everyone else. As fans we should be united behind the club and Lennon as they stand up to the absolute joke that this league and the governing bodies in this country are.

Lets just smash our next three games including a convincing win at morton. We can send that prick duffy a "better luck next decade" card.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
30-03-2017, 06:54 AM
Gutted he never laid out Duffy.

Marco G
30-03-2017, 06:56 AM
I am the opposite really like him however as can be seen last night he can lose it out of proportion IMO. good to have a passionate manager however needs to reign it in at times, he will be hammered for this though.
Have not watched it again, wanted to give my reaction at the time. From FF it looked like a leg breaker challenge with the ball nowhere near. Not surprised at what happened next because instead of moving in and giving a red the ref did not react until the mayhem started.

Re Lennon, he thought his player had got a bad one and was rightly livid. So when Duffy got involved he fought his corner. Thankfully we have a manager with passion and I don't blame him at all for what happened next!

VivaHiberña
30-03-2017, 07:00 AM
Duffy sanctioned for getting in Lennons area, Lennon sanctioned for his reaction, Daz lowered his head hence a red, shocking challenge and blatant acting afterwards so another red.

I have to agree, while Lennon was provoked that's no way to behave. Certainly not becoming of a Hibs manager.

If also like to say hats off to Martin Boyle for being the only player on the park who had the maturity to not get involved.

MartinfaePorty
30-03-2017, 07:02 AM
Both players go head to head and the issue will be whether McGregor is deemed to have made an action towards the Morton hacker. For what it's worth, I wouldn't class it as a headbutt, just a guy really annoyed that someone had just hacked down his teammate (a guy who has spent a lot of time out with injuries). I think it's 50/50 that the appeal will be successful.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

marinello59
30-03-2017, 07:04 AM

He's not a high ranking politician or a captain of industry, he manages a group of men who play a game for a living. No real harm was done and it gives us all plenty to talk about instead of concentrating on the really important stuff in life. I really have no problem at all with the way he behaved last night, it just adds to the drama for me.

500miles
30-03-2017, 07:09 AM
If we're going to kid on that that's a headbutt and a red then we're going to have to invent a while new colour of card for the tackle.

The fact is, the ref books their 7 after his fourth or fifth foul and he gets some semblance of control. He never controlled the game at all last night. Quite frankly, the tackle on Boyle not long before that was a clear red too, right into his ankle.

eastcoasthibby
30-03-2017, 07:11 AM

Sorry but the situation with McGregor and their thug happens week in and week out ...with the outcome a yellow a piece..the fact their player feigned an injury ..should add weight to his punishment for cheating ..or does their player get 2 reds if McGregor's is,a red, one for the tackle the second for as described ..

Wembley67
30-03-2017, 07:13 AM
He's not a high ranking politician or a captain of industry, he manages a group of men who play a game for a living. No real harm was done and it gives us all plenty to talk about instead of concentrating on the really important stuff in life. I really have no problem at all with the way he behaved last night, it just adds to the drama for me.

It's not been a game for many many years now unfortunately.

Hibs07p
30-03-2017, 07:18 AM
I think McGregor will fail any appeal because of " intent ", but the compliance officer should be doing the Morton player for simulation as well and additional to any punishment for his red card.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

MB62
30-03-2017, 08:52 AM
If we're going to kid on that that's a headbutt and a red then we're going to have to invent a while new colour of card for the tackle.

Exactly, there is no way in the world that's a headbutt. It was more like a shove with his chest and the guy went down as though he had been smashed by a Tyson right hook. He was sent off for his shocking tackle and should receive another red for feigning injury (I'm sure a Hibs player was sent off retrospectively not too long ago at hunbrox for doing the same)

The fact is, the ref books their 7 after his fourth or fifth foul and he gets some semblance of control. He never controlled the game at all last night. Quite frankly, the tackle on Boyle not long before that was a clear red too, right into his ankle.

Don't think 7 was booked but 6 definitely was and within a minute of being booked, had committed another two fouls.
In the first half, the ref warned about making four fouls before gesticulating 'no more' but how many times do players get booked by refs for committing the four fouls (they do exactly what that ref last night done, point to 4 different areas of the park to let everyone know why he booking the player).

After all said and done, I don't why players want to get involved in the first place. It was a shocking tackle and there was only ever going to be one action, a RED card. It gives us an advantage right away but as soon players start getting involved, it give officials the excuse to even things, just WALK AWAY FFS.

chrisski33
30-03-2017, 09:03 AM
Too many on here on their high horses re Lenny saying not fitting of a Hibs manager blah blah blah clearly dont like him anyway so an excuse to have a go.
Lenny is right he will be the bad guy usual.
Glad we have a manager that has passion (and shows it) and will stand up to what he sees in front of his eyes.
He will get us promoted at first attempt.

Since90+2
30-03-2017, 09:03 AM
Am I right in thinking as Darren's red was for violent conduct he would miss 3 games? (unless the appeal is successful of course).

poolman
30-03-2017, 09:06 AM
Too many on here on their high horses re Lenny saying not fitting of a Hibs manager blah blah blah clearly dont like him anyway so an excuse to have a go.
Glad we have a manager that has passion (and shows it) and will stand up to what he sees in front of his eyes.

Spot on

guthrie01
30-03-2017, 09:06 AM
Is it still possible for us to win the league at Morton ?

Would love it for Lennon and McGregor to give it a giruy to Duffy and his team of hackers after last night

CropleyWasGod
30-03-2017, 09:10 AM
Is it still possible for us to win the league at Morton ?

Would love it for Lennon and McGregor to give it a giruy to Duffy and his team of hackers after last night

Team of hackers?

I thought that Morton played decent football last night, certainly slicker and quicker than we did.

guthrie01
30-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Team of hackers?

I thought that Morton played decent football last night, certainly slicker and quicker than we did.

They did play some decent football but doesn't change the fact they where reckless at times with their tackles and nearly took out Forsters leg. The last 5 minutes completely soured my opinion of them. Hope we pump them.

Thecat23
30-03-2017, 09:16 AM

Agree. 👍🏼

Since90+2
30-03-2017, 09:17 AM
I dont actually think if Darren was to be suspended for 3 games it would be a massive loss at this time.

He has been fantastic for us and would always be one of my first choices for the centre half role but he has played a massive amount of football over the past 3 seasons and has barely missed a game.

I know he has had issues with his knee as well so an enforced rest may not be the worst thing in the world and have him back fresh for the semi final. Hanlon and Ambrose will be fine at centre half in the meantime.

Smartie
30-03-2017, 09:18 AM
I thought the thread title was the entirety of Peter Houston's pre-match team talk on Saturday.

Onceinawhile
30-03-2017, 09:21 AM
Am I right in thinking as Darren's red was for violent conduct he would miss 3 games? (unless the appeal is successful of course).

Think so. And I think that includes the semi final if it's violent conduct.

snooky
30-03-2017, 09:28 AM

If that's the case, next time he'd be better getting hung for a sheep than a lamb - if you know what I mean.
That would send a message out to these cowardly thesbians.

ballengeich
30-03-2017, 10:13 AM
McGregor and Lennon are the captain on the pitch and the manager. As the team's leaders they would have done themselves and Hibs a favour by keeping better control of themselves. The tackle was a disgrace, but if they'd left it to the referee we'd have finished the game with 11 v 10 and they'd be available for the next match. I don't mean they shouldn't have said anything to the ref, but to get themselves in trouble was foolish.

The one relief for me was seeing Jordan Forster get up and complete the game. From his reaction and the immediate response of the physios I was worried that he'd been seriously injured.

MB62
30-03-2017, 10:16 AM
If that's the case, next time he'd been better getting hung for a sheep than a lamb - if you know what I mean.
That would send a message out to these cowardly thesbians.

Aye, he did go down like a big girly :wink: :greengrin

happiehibbie
30-03-2017, 10:38 AM

Spot on totally embarrassing

happiehibbie
30-03-2017, 10:39 AM
Team of hackers?

correct I dont know what game some people attended last night Morton are a good side

Onion
30-03-2017, 10:41 AM
If McGregor's red card is quashed or reduced to a yellow (as it should), the Morton No 9 should be given an additional Red (two red cards) one for the leg-breaker tackle and one for simulation. They should throw the book at the guy - no place for that in the game.

And if Jim Duffy was anything other than a 12 year old, he would have publicly condemned that tackle and the embarrassing simulation by his player which caused all the trouble. Managers need to take some responsibility as times.

happiehibbie
30-03-2017, 10:43 AM
McGregor and Lennon are the captain on the pitch and the manager. As the team's leaders they would have done themselves and Hibs a favour by keeping better control of themselves. The tackle was a disgrace, but if they'd left it to the referee we'd have finished the game with 11 v 10 and they'd be available for the next match. I don't mean they shouldn't have said anything to the ref, but to get themselves in trouble was foolish.

The one relief for me was seeing Jordan Forster get up and complete the game. From his reaction and the immediate response of the physios I was worried that he'd been seriously injured.

well said .

Jordon has damaged his shoulder i think could be a collar bone broken hope not

Hibrandenburg
30-03-2017, 10:45 AM

:agree:

HibernianJK
30-03-2017, 10:48 AM
The fact that is a red card for Mcgregor is an absolute joke however by the letter of the law it is.

Seems like no one is allowed to show a bit aggression these days.

dangermouse
30-03-2017, 10:52 AM
McGregor only got sent off after the Referee consulted with his linesman who would not have known there was no contact made.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
30-03-2017, 10:56 AM
Clear footage here:

Have to say i dont see what mcgregor did to merit a red - if that was worth a red then most players should habe got a red.

Dont mind that from Lennon, but he deserved to be sent off. Duffy looks a bit worse because he is over in hibs area, but rhey are both just defending their players.

Wee morton boy acts like a right wee snidey noel hunt though

mjhibby
30-03-2017, 11:02 AM
If McGregor's red card is quashed or reduced to a yellow (as it should), the Morton No 9 should be given an additional Red (two red cards) one for the leg-breaker tackle and one for simulation. They should throw the book at the guy - no place for that in the game.

And if Jim Duffy was anything other than a 12 year old, he would have publicly condemned that tackle and the embarrassing simulation by his player which caused all the trouble. Managers need to take some responsibility as times.

Managers must take control when players do that. Colemans lack of comment on Taylor's shocking tackle on Coleman sums it up. McCall should have castigated his player for the assault on McGinn but never. These are challenges you're used to seeing in the juniors. The fact that Duffy hasn't said anything shows he is condoning that behaviour. As I said before no wonder scottish football is at an all time low. The evidence is all around you and no amount of tactics stop these assaults. The sfa and the ref association need to send out guidelines to stop guys like Oliver getting booked after 6 fouls. Don't you just love the passion though.

greenpaper55
30-03-2017, 11:26 AM
EN footage in here

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/raging-hibs-boss-accuses-morton-player-of-act-of-cowardice-1-4407135

Captain Trips
30-03-2017, 12:11 PM
Tye only person who should be ashamed is Mortons No9. Cheating pure and simple leaving refs with no chance when players carry on like that.

No9 is a cheat end of.

Lago
30-03-2017, 12:17 PM
:top marks

green day
30-03-2017, 12:20 PM

That would be 4 games

silverhibee
30-03-2017, 12:21 PM

Put it this way, what were everyone's thoughts when he behaved like this as the Celtc manager or even as a player where on many occasions he overstepped the mark and lost the plot, I can't remember folk on here saying "what a passionate guy Lennon is" :greengrin he got it tight for his behaviour, and it was never going to change when became our manager, he will always behave like that when it kicks off.

The away game to them is now a must watch game.

mjhibby
30-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Having watched it loads of times I don't think Darren gestured with his head and it looked like there was no contact. If anything it was Dazs quiff which made contact. The ref clearly only saw it out of the corner of his eye and with what was going in it was guesswork on his part and the linesman. In any normal situation a panel of ex pros would rescind the red card and hit their thespian with a simulation charge. I'm actually now raging having watched it as it's a shocking challenge and then shocking simulation. I'd be embarrassed if I was Jim Duffy but given how it ended at et for him I doubt he will be. Scottish football,what a joke. Btw the game not on any media but we get some garbage spl games covered on TV and radio when there is 3 to 4,000 attending as opposed to the 15,000 last night. If it was still rangers in the championship it would have been covered. Absolutely pathetic and why the game is on its knees.

silverhibee
30-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Gutted he never laid out Duffy.

Thought you were against violence :cb

silverhibee
30-03-2017, 12:33 PM

Surely only for league games, he should be okay for the semi final.

--------
30-03-2017, 12:34 PM

Lennon crossed the touchline onto the field of play. That's a no-no, absolutely. He was confronting the Morton player, which, since he's the manager of the opposing team, is also a definite no-no. It was then that Duffy seemed to get involved, and then it was handbags - probably weighted with a couple of flat-irons apiece - at ten paces with the sensible mature members of the entourage attempting to restore the peace.

The initial tackle was a clear red card, but McGregor did push his head forward and made contact. The Morton guy's reaction was exaggerated, true, but there's no way McGregor will succeed wit an appeal on the basis of that clip.

Bottom line, the lesson needs to be learned - the pitch is for the players and officials and no one else, and that managers and players have to leave it to the referee and his assistants - be they good. bad or indifferent - to issue warnings and cards.

There will be repercussions, which at this stage we really do not need.

The Captain....
30-03-2017, 12:38 PM

Couldn't agree more, all a bit of a storm in a teacup. It will give the people with an agenda an excuse to have a pop at Lennon tho'.. No doubt Duffy's media pals will be lining up to defend him and will be doing their best to shift the blame onto Lennon and Hibs.

I dont particularly think it was all just about Duffy's comments last night, I think NL is getting increasingly frustrated at seeing us on the end of weak referees who allow opposition to get away with persistent fouling week in/week out.

Im more disappointed by our efforts in the final third last night than I am by our managers reaction to the Forster tackle.

G B Young
30-03-2017, 12:46 PM
Full highlights/rammy/interview here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsjJhiq_DQE

Hermit Crab
30-03-2017, 12:49 PM
McGregor only got sent off after the Referee consulted with his linesman who would not have known there was no contact made.

Which is incredible because when you watch the footage the ref is standing beside Daz when the sniper hits the Morton player. No idea why he needs to consult his linesman for an incident that happened a foot away from him. :confused:

Smartie
30-03-2017, 12:54 PM
Which is incredible because when you watch the footage the ref is standing beside Daz when the sniper hits the Morton player. No idea why he needs to consult his linesman for an incident that happened a foot away from him. :confused:

He was right next to him but I don't think the ref was looking at McGregor so he won't have seen the impact/ lack of impact, therefore sought verification.

Hermit Crab
30-03-2017, 01:01 PM
He was right next to him but I don't think the ref was looking at McGregor so he won't have seen the impact/ lack of impact, therefore sought verification.

There no way the linesman can be 100% sure what happened in that ruck.

worcesterhibby
30-03-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote from the EEN page

Morton boss Duffy admitted the challenge by Oyenuga was “dangerous and reckless” and felt the referee was about to deal with the situation with a red card but added: “Unfortunately, their bench reacted, our’s reacted – including myself.

Slim Shady
30-03-2017, 01:26 PM
The referee was initially only going to caution (yellow) the Morton lad at first. Check the footage. He brings the red card out of his top pocket. All his yellow cards came from his pocket in his shorts. His first reaction was t stick his hand into the right hand pocket of his shorts to grab the yellow card.

Eaststand
30-03-2017, 01:55 PM

Good post that mate and i agree 100%
Some of the posts on here must be from people who do everything by a wee white frilly edge rulebook.
Passion and fight, and scrapping for our club, even when it gets a bit dirty, plus a winning mentality is what we need at ER. That's what Lennon delivers

GGTTH

RamYer1902
30-03-2017, 02:01 PM
Hahaha can't believe what I'm reading. People genuinely think McGregor deserved to get sent off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig_HFC
30-03-2017, 02:02 PM
Hahaha can't believe what I'm reading. People genuinely think McGregor deserved to get sent off.

I know, it's utterly mental, eh?

:doh:

HibbyAndy
30-03-2017, 02:24 PM

Mental eh ?

Their is no way in the world that was a red card for Daz, No ****ing danger.

Brunswickbill
30-03-2017, 02:28 PM
I'm backing Lennon 100%. You can sense his suppressed rage and how the reporters are treading on egg shells in the post match press conference. The only thing he gets wrong is that I think that he stepped on to the field of play after the foul. But he's right that the reaction of the Morton management was out of order. Raging at Lennon because their player tried to break Foster's le - they need to look at themselves.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HRv3yojdMjs

Moody Blues
30-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Team of hackers?

Totally agree with this. Morton played well and once again we were pretty crap.

BullsCloseHibs
30-03-2017, 02:45 PM
Lennon 100% right to get invloved and defend his players :agree: That was a career breaking "challenge" by the hatched Poortown, sorry Morton, player. No wonder Neil saw red mist. Absolute shocker and i hope the Poortown players gets his red doubled.

SaulGoodman
30-03-2017, 02:51 PM
Sorry but I've just seen this photo of Lennon and it doesn't look good for him. Shocking attitude from a Hibs manager.
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/10605106/anteater-mon-then.jpg

Pete
30-03-2017, 02:55 PM
Most exiting part of the match.

More on Saturday please.

silverhibee
30-03-2017, 03:22 PM
Most exiting part of the match.

More on Saturday please.

Ex yam and Rangers player Allan Johnston in the home dug out for this weekends game. :cb

http://i.quoteaddicts.com/media/quotes/67/3309039-bring-it-on-movie-quotes.jpg

Hibernia&Alba
30-03-2017, 03:57 PM
It was hardly a mass brawl. These things happen every week somewhere in football. Players/managers get heated in the moment, there's a bit of pushing and shoving, everyone calms doon and says it's the 'passion'.

Let's move on and concentrate on accumulating enough points to win the league.

hibsbollah
30-03-2017, 04:02 PM
Mental eh ?

Their is no way in the world that was a red card for Daz, No ****ing danger.

It wasn't a proper headbutt but you see his head move towards the diver before he dived. The refs within his rights to send him off and I cant see it being rescinded either.

lyonhibs
30-03-2017, 04:04 PM
It wasn't a proper headbutt but you see his head move towards the diver before he dived. The refs within his rights to send him off and I cant see it being rescinded either.

Yeah. Fantasy to think that's getting rescinded IMO

Smartie
30-03-2017, 04:11 PM
I had no idea what was going on during the rammy, but I had a good chuckle from my vantage point in the East because all I could make out was Duffy's baldy heid bobbing up and down in the middle of it all.

Hibernia&Alba
30-03-2017, 04:12 PM
I had no idea what was going on during the rammy, but I had a good chuckle from my vantage point in the East because all I could make out was Duffy's baldy heid bobbing up and down in the middle of it all

Same. Bawheid was seething; it was a bit of entertainment :greengrin

jacomo
30-03-2017, 04:29 PM
Sorry but I've just seen this photo of Lennon and it doesn't look good for him. Shocking attitude from a Hibs manager.
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/10605106/anteater-mon-then.jpg

Giving it large while standing on the Tynecastle pitch too.

Severe provocation.

30-03-2017, 04:36 PM
Lennon reacted angrily but Duffy and co came to HIS technical area to confront. Lennon seems to be getting the majority of the flack on social media and yea I guess his past incidents don't do him any favours but Duffy and his coaching staff were the ones that came running over to him.

As for the so called "headbutt" well all I can say is that the Morton number 9 ought to be thoroughly embarrassed by his pathetic play acting and attempt to con the ref into sending McGreagor off. Unfortunately the ref took the bait. His tackle on Forster alone was a sending off.

30-03-2017, 04:50 PM
I can't believe some people are condeming Darren McGreagor! He went towards the guy to confront him after what was a horrific tackle and the guy threw himself to the ground, holding his face as if he'd been shot. Embarrassing and just blatant cheating.

Hibernia&Alba
30-03-2017, 04:53 PM
I can't believe some people are condeming Darren McGreagor! He went towards the guy to confront him after what was a horrific tackle and the guy threw himself to the ground, holding his face as if he'd been shot. Embarrassing and just blatant cheating.

You're right. His mistake was giving the cheat the opportunity to take the dive via the gesture with the heid.

Kato
30-03-2017, 04:55 PM
Giving it large while standing on the Tynecastle pitch too.

Severe provocation.

Punters in the new stand going bammy

30-03-2017, 05:09 PM
You're right. His mistake was giving the cheat the opportunity to take the dive via the gesture with the heid.

It just makes me cringe. The Morton number 9's a big laddie, if someone had gestured his head towards him in the street and he went flying to the ground, rolling around and holding his face as if in agony, folk would think he'd lost the plot, so why do they think just because its on a football pitch dignifies it?

Agreed that Darren shouldn't have given him the opportunity to cheat but nevertheless it was just a blatant act of cheating and I hope when he looks back at the highlights he's very embarrassed indeed.

wookie70
30-03-2017, 05:12 PM
Lennon overreacted, understandably, but the problem is the club are trying to crack down on bad behaviour from the fans whilst the manager is acting aggressively and getting involved. Dempster in a tricky situation and I bet some of those banned from ER did far less at the cup final than Lennon did last night.

blackpoolhibs
30-03-2017, 05:21 PM
McGregor will get a 3 game ban at least, of course he never headbutted the player, but the tirade of punches after, at least 5 maybe 8 or 9 will not be looked at favorably by the beaks.

Billy Whizz
30-03-2017, 05:24 PM
McGregor's red card for will probably be downgraded to a yellow, will be enough to bring him up to 6 League bookings, and a one game ban.
SFA win all the time!

Malthibby
30-03-2017, 05:39 PM
McGregor will get a 3 game ban at least, of course he never headbutted the player, but the tirade of punches after, at least 5 maybe 8 or 9 will not be looked at favorably by the beaks.

Is there a video I've missed? Only watched the SSN report & I saw no 5/8/9 punches thrown, certainly not by McGregor. Someone else on .net also quoted Lennon as throwing a number of punches; again, I haven't seen anything
like that. I know we aren't talking about benn or Hagler here but I would have thought someone would have taken some damage if so many punches were thrown.
This isn't a report from the DR is it?
GG

ACLeith
30-03-2017, 05:39 PM
Just noticed in the STV news that the ref Is trying to get between them, gives a wee push to the number 9 just before he collapses.

So the ref should get the retrospective red card for assault and a three game ban!

malcolm
30-03-2017, 06:37 PM
The title of this thread is ludicrous

Tackle - aye right enough a tackle aims to get the ball this aimed to get the player. Being generous you could call it a foul but it is more like an assault.

Head Butt - nope it was a nod of the head by a pumped up agitated man emphasising a point that did not look like it made any contact but if it did it was like a kiss from a butterfly and hardly evidential of intent. Let's call it 'feigning an assault'

Fight - in a parallel universe maybe but in mine it was a shouty pushy angry row where even the handbags made no contact! :wink:

FranckSuzy
30-03-2017, 06:54 PM
Marvin takes on the Morton bench single-handedly :wink:

https://twitter.com/HFCTransferNews/status/847464672043216896

blackpoolhibs
30-03-2017, 06:55 PM

:faf:

silverhibee
30-03-2017, 06:58 PM

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
30-03-2017, 07:08 PM
Lennon v Duffy
https://www.facebook.com/uniladmag/videos/2683089561714086/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

HiBremian
30-03-2017, 07:08 PM

Bet he thought it was unseen work ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
30-03-2017, 07:24 PM

:tsk tsk::greengrin

Eyrie
30-03-2017, 07:33 PM
I'm fully in support of Lennon's initial reaction, and even of Duffy then stepping in to defend his player.

But what counts against Lennon is that, after being escorted away by Fyvie and Marciano, he then goes flying in for more.

Colr
30-03-2017, 07:36 PM

He's like the Hulk.

Colr
30-03-2017, 07:37 PM
The title of this thread is ludicrous

Tackle - aye right enough a tackle aims to get the ball this aimed to get the player. Being generous you could call it a foul but it is more like an assault.

Head Butt - nope it was a nod of the head by a pumped up agitated man emphasising a point that did not look like it made any contact but if it did it was like a kiss from a butterfly and hardly evidential of intent. Let's call it 'feigning an assault'

Fight - in a parallel universe maybe but in mine it was a shouty pushy angry row where even the handbags made no contact! :wink:

My versions a bit snappy as a headline, though, ay no?

Wembley67
30-03-2017, 07:56 PM

Love that

gordonced18
30-03-2017, 08:38 PM
Clear footage here:

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

Criswell
30-03-2017, 09:56 PM
Re the linesman who got McGregor sent off; did anyone else notice him disappearing like a shot from a gun down the tunnel as soon as the final whistle went! Never seen anything like that before unless you count the referee (Joubert?) in the recent Scotland v Australia Rugby World Cup match. Despicable behaviour!

Andy74
30-03-2017, 10:10 PM

That's brilliant.

heretoday
30-03-2017, 10:20 PM
I thought it was a most regrettable incident altogether but the worst thing was the feigning of injury by their no 9. Nothing sickens me more about the modern game than that and it's time something was done. The player should be banned for a year.

ehf
30-03-2017, 10:50 PM
Re the linesman who got McGregor sent off; did anyone else notice him disappearing like a shot from a gun down the tunnel as soon as the final whistle went! Never seen anything like that before unless you count the referee (Joubert?) in the recent Scotland v Australia Rugby World Cup match. Despicable behaviour!

:agree: he should have gone to the centre and walked off with the ref and other Lino at the end after the players had left the pitch.

You can also see him cacking it when Lennon and McGregor give him some verbals at the end of the melee; holding up his pathetic hand to say "please don't hit me" while walking rapidly backwards, even though it's all played out by then.

He is the real coward in all of this. Actually feel sorry for him if he hasn't got the balls and authority to stand his ground.

hibees 7062
30-03-2017, 10:58 PM
https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17554096_10158394726200244_4407739305684833095_n.j pg?oh=0ee1c531fdc0394279ed34518a2e242c&oe=595DF3B1

Edinburgher
30-03-2017, 11:39 PM
Who cares? I'm passed nice Hibs. For three years this league has taken the utter piss out us. Last night was episode 337 etc. The mcginn incident, the handball, and then that disgusting challenge and play acting added to that absolute welt Duffy getting into the hibs technical area.

Lennon's interview was spot on. It'll be bad old lenny again.

I hope he uses it to say its us against everyone else. As fans we should be united behind the club and Lennon as they stand up to the absolute joke that this league and the governing bodies in this country are.

Lets just smash our next three games including a convincing win at morton. We can send that prick duffy a "better luck next decade" card.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Agree with this - a nice siege mentality worked wonders at Aberdeen during the eighties.:agree:

greenlex
30-03-2017, 11:56 PM

If it's not a head butt it's not a red. If the boy hadn't reacted like he did McGregor wouldn't even have been spoken to let alone red carded. The boy conned the officials. As simple as that. I'll be surprised if it's not recinded. (or maybe I won't). Lennon will get everything coming to him. He was out of control however justified he felt.

hibees 7062
31-03-2017, 12:59 AM
Did the diver get booked ?

lord bunberry
31-03-2017, 01:04 AM
Did the diver get booked ?
He was sent off

Colr
31-03-2017, 06:13 AM
If it's not a head butt it's not a red. If the boy hadn't reacted like he did McGregor wouldn't even have been spoken to let alone red carded. The boy conned the officials. As simple as that. I'll be surprised if it's not recinded. (or maybe I won't). Lennon will get everything coming to him. He was out of control however justified he felt.

How many cards have we had recinded to date this season? I wonder how it compares to our rivals.

MickeyEdwards
31-03-2017, 06:37 AM
Clear footage here:

Indeed

guidref
31-03-2017, 06:45 AM

This is standard instructions for the stand side assistant when there is no 4th offical. The referee will go to the centre circle (or a position where he can see the start of the tunnell) and the assistant will go to the far end of the tunnel. That way they can see if there are any incidents in the tunnel area.

Did it myself on many ocassions.

So whilst people may have opinions on his involvement in the 90 minutes, him going straight up the tunnel at the end was absolutely the right thing for him to do

Onion
31-03-2017, 10:42 AM
I thought it was a most regrettable incident altogether but the worst thing was the feigning of injury by their no 9. Nothing sickens me more about the modern game than that and it's time something was done. The player should be banned for a year.

Will only get stamped out once the officials deal with it properly. Sadly, that would require them to be competent.

Their No 9 knew full well he was in trouble and had nothing to lose by goading and feigning injury to get a Hibs play sent off. It worked a treat simply because the officials are idiots. Cost the No 9 nothing, and Hibs paid the price.

In saying that, I'll bet the ref would only have booked their No9 for that assault had it not kicked off.

In summary, the incompetence of Scottish refs and officials has a lot to do with problems on and the field.

GreenLake
31-03-2017, 11:39 AM
Will only get stamped out once the officials deal with it properly. Sadly, that would require them to be competent.

Their No 9 knew full well he was in trouble and had nothing to lose by goading and feigning injury to get a Hibs play sent off. It worked a treat simply because the officials are idiots. Cost the No 9 nothing, and Hibs paid the price.

In saying that, I'll bet the ref would only have booked their No9 for that assault had it not kicked off.

In summary, the incompetence of Scottish refs and officials has a lot to do with problems on and the field.

It's a vicious cycle between refs and players fueled by a sizable amount of fans who think fouling hammer throwers show our football is a man's game.

snooky
31-03-2017, 11:39 AM

It's up to the players themselves and their own team mates to eradicate this ugly part of the game.
I once saw Rob Jones and another Hibs player (can't remember who) giving Zemmama a right mouthful for diving. That's what should be happen. Let's get rid of those cowardly play-actors who are ruining the beautiful game with their subversions. Jeez, the current standard of fitba' is hard enough to watch as it is.

Peevemor
31-03-2017, 11:42 AM
It's up to the players themselves and their own team mates to eradicate this ugly part of the game.
I once saw Rob Jones and another Hibs player (can't remember who) giving Zemmama a right mouthful for diving. That's what should be happen. Let's get rid of those cowardly play-actors who are ruining the beautiful game with their subversions. Jeez, the current standard of fitba' is hard enough to watch as it is.

There were a few players (from both sides) who made an effort to escort the more agitated/agressive players away from the Stramash when it kicked off on Wednesday - and not just their team mates.

Always good to see level heads.

Booked4Being-Ugly
31-03-2017, 11:50 AM
Is it only me that found Duff Jimmy's "always good to loose your virginity eventually" comment crass, cringey and immature?

snooky
31-03-2017, 11:50 AM
There were a few players (from both sides) who made an effort to escort the more agitated/agressive players away from the Stramash when it kicked off on Wednesday - and not just their team mates.

Always good to see level heads.
Agreed Peevemor, but I'd like players to berate their own team-mates for diving and/or feigning injury. If all teams clean up their own house we may start to eliminate this degrading nonsense.

Deansy
31-03-2017, 12:05 PM
Can we swop 'their player feigned a head-butt' to plain, straight-forward 'Doing a Laffery' - makes it clearer as people will know straight away what actually happened ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVIJ0I4dv8I

heretoday
31-03-2017, 01:23 PM
Can we swop 'their player feigned a head-butt' to plain, straight-forward 'Doing a Laffery' - makes it clearer as people will know straight away what actually happened ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVIJ0I4dv8I

Or Doing a Rivaldo perhaps? It's not a head butt of course....or was it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiW0IPrv1Ro