PDA

View Full Version : Champions Scarf

18Hibee75
29-03-2017, 02:50 PM
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/152489918369?roken=cUgayN&_mwBanner=1

Came across this on ebay, not too sure how I feel about it. We have been down in this league for three years and I don't think winning the title after three years should mean that much for a club our size. However, I can see people wearing it as winning the championship title will mean we are back to where we belong

Personally I won't be wearing one if more do come out as I think we would just be subject to a slagging from hearts and the huns. Opinions?

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

linlithgowhibbie
29-03-2017, 02:53 PM
Nah....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

California-Hibs
29-03-2017, 02:58 PM

Came across this on ebay, not too sure how I feel about it. We have been down in this league for three years and I don't think winning the title after three years should mean that much for a club our size. However, I can see people wearing it as winning the championship title will mean we are back to where we belong

Personally I won't be wearing one if more do come out as I think we would just be subject to a slagging from hearts and the huns. Opinions?

You started a thread bringing it to the attention to any inlooking Hearts/Rangers fans...

It's a RELEIF that we're Champions and up now out of this league. Scarfs though? No thanks.

DH1875
29-03-2017, 03:03 PM
Think I'll pass. Can't see them selling to be honest.

SouthMoroccoStu
29-03-2017, 03:04 PM

Worth noting that this isn't official or from the club in any way shape or form

The seller has over 1000 items posted on ebay for a wide range of different clubs and supporters items - Link (http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/gazzatron123/m.html?item=152489918369&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562)

It's just someone (Gazzatron123) trying to get a jump on the official merchandise before it's confirmed and make a quick buck!

Hibbyradge
29-03-2017, 03:05 PM
No thanks. Leave that to others.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/MlcAAOSwSlBYvpSU/s-l1600.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/BDoAAOSwiylW~mR1/s-l1600.jpg

Bostonhibby
29-03-2017, 03:05 PM
Nah, I might give my 1985 Skol cup final tie an airing though:wink:

SirDavidsNapper
29-03-2017, 03:10 PM
Probably the most cringe worthy thing I've ever seen

CallumLaidlaw
29-03-2017, 03:10 PM
I have a friend that bought his son a half and half challenge cup final scarf at the weekend! :greengrin

This scarf along with the pin badge I've seen doing the rounds will be lapped up by kids. Our youngsters love seeing us winning things, they don't FULLY understand that winning the championship is a minimum and won't be fully celebrated as such. My worry is, if we win silverware 2 years on the trot, they might start to think it happens all the time :rolleyes::wink:

Borderhibbie76
29-03-2017, 03:11 PM
Not for me...if/when we go up its relief rather than celebration

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

HibbyAndy
29-03-2017, 03:15 PM
meh.

JDHibs
29-03-2017, 03:22 PM
Embarrassing.

Stinks of small club mentality.

Wish id never set eyes on it.

It will be a relief when we are out of this league. 3 seasons, not even a play off final in 2 of those seasons is pathetic.

I will clap a bit harder than a usual win when its confirmed and look forward to playing back where we belong. Will continue to use my Scottish Cup Winners Scarf.

Vault Boy
29-03-2017, 03:35 PM
I certainly won't buy one but I don't see how it's the worst thing in the world. This league has been a grind, there's no problem celebrating winning it. It's not just about the relatively unspectacular nature of the Scottish Championship trophy, but more importantly a sign of our remarked improvement as a team. These last two seasons have been rather good ones, I don't really care what other teams' supporters might think.

Galahibby
29-03-2017, 03:39 PM
Probably the most cringe worthy thing I've ever seen

Boy at my work has a jambo top with Champions 15 on the back. That is the most cringeworthy thing I've ever seen so I won't be buying one of these scarves.

wpj
29-03-2017, 03:40 PM
Not there yet and that's my biggest problem with it

H18 SFR
29-03-2017, 03:41 PM
They will be popular with kids, maybe some adults too I suppose.

Ozyhibby
29-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Looking forward to getting a Scottish Cup winners 2017 scarf though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
29-03-2017, 03:47 PM
Not there yet and that's my biggest problem with it

:agree:

Well said, there's work still to be done.

Elephant Stone
29-03-2017, 03:51 PM
It will be aimed at folk who collect scarfs and programs. No one is gonna wear one of those, and rightly so.

Johnny Clash
29-03-2017, 03:58 PM
Not even the proper Hibs crest - and looks cheap.

Compare that effort to the official Scottish Cup winning scarf sold in the Hibs shop and there's only one winner! Maybe a 'here we go - two in a row' scarf would have been a better idea??

Jones28
29-03-2017, 04:02 PM
Embarrassing.

Stinks of small club mentality.

Wish id never set eyes on it.

It will be a relief when we are out of this league. 3 seasons, not even a play off final in 2 of those seasons is pathetic.

I will clap a bit harder than a usual win when its confirmed and look forward to playing back where we belong. Will continue to use my Scottish Cup Winners Scarf.

Guff.

erin go bragh
29-03-2017, 04:06 PM
I remember a certain team selling league and cup double scarfs in 86 .
😂😂😂😂😂😂

ChrissyG1875
29-03-2017, 04:10 PM
I still wear my 1999 1st division champions scarf sometimes but mostly because when it's around your neck you can't read it

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

18Hibee75
29-03-2017, 04:10 PM
Not even the proper Hibs crest - and looks cheap.

Compare that effort to the official Scottish Cup winning scarf sold in the Hibs shop and there's only one winner! Maybe a 'here we go - two in a row' scarf would have been a better idea??
But if we get beat of Aberdeen that scarf quickly means nothing...

SirDavidsNapper
29-03-2017, 04:12 PM
Up there with the Scottish Cup champions patter. I'd never heard that phrase before we won it. Scottish cup winners much better. Yes it's been a long day

emerald green
29-03-2017, 04:13 PM
A Scottish club is not really "champions" until it wins the Scottish Premiership title.

SON OF PADDY
29-03-2017, 04:16 PM
I remember a certain team selling league and cup double scarfs in 86 .
😂😂😂😂😂😂

Marshall's the chunky chicken champions !!!
If I remember correctly the song was never of the radio (Advertising) it was pish 😂😂😂

Wilson
29-03-2017, 04:47 PM
A Scottish club is not really "champions" until it wins the Scottish Premiership title.

Are you really saying we can win a division called the Championship and not call ourselves champions?

If you win the division you are in you are the champions of that division. Simple.

Wilson
29-03-2017, 04:50 PM
Up there with the Scottish Cup champions patter. I'd never heard that phrase before we won it. Scottish cup winners much better. Yes it's been a long day

They seem to play "we are the champions" at every cup final. Of course we are Scottish Cup Champions. Champions sounds better than winners to me.

SirDavidsNapper
29-03-2017, 04:52 PM
They seem to play "we are the champions" at every cup final. Of course we are Scottish Cup Champions. Champions sounds better than winners to me.

I can't ever remember us being called league cup champions in 07. It's a nice minor gripe to have though 😉

Is It On....
29-03-2017, 04:55 PM

Champions Scarf? It's good that we will be getting out of this league but it's more relief rather than something to celebrate!!

hibsbollah
29-03-2017, 04:59 PM
Certainly not something id be wearing. I suppose it is something to celebrate, but its still the second tier and winning it represents the end of the long dark hole that Terry Butcher chucked us down.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-03-2017, 05:00 PM

Maybe I was too caught up in the euphoria but I didn't recall them playing we are the champions at the SCF2016 - must have been preeoccupied ;)

Viva_Palmeiras
29-03-2017, 05:02 PM
Imagine bottling that feeling from the goal to 5 mins past final whilstle and putting it on infinite loop - who needs anything more ?!

#RealLegalHigh

emerald green
29-03-2017, 05:05 PM
Are you really saying we can win a division called the Championship and not call ourselves champions?

If you win the division you are in you are the champions of that division. Simple.

Hibs could call themselves whatever they like, I suppose, if they win the Championship. They could say they are champions of the Championship.

However, winning the Championship (used to be called the second division once upon a time), the second tier of Scottish football, does not make a club (any club) champions of Scotland. That distinction goes to the winners of the Scottish Premiership.

That's what I'm saying.

superfurryhibby
29-03-2017, 05:08 PM
You started a thread bringing it to the attention to any inlooking Hearts/Rangers fans...

It's a RELEIF that we're Champions and up now out of this league. Scarfs though? No thanks.

Bizarre comment. Did you think they had forgotten that we are in the championship?
Equally odd is the statement about being champions, must have missed that one because I thought we had a pretty crucial game tonight.

Do agree with the scarf bit though, I'll celebrate in a dignified manner and suspect that the scarfs will have limited appeal.

emerald green
29-03-2017, 05:18 PM
Bizarre comment. Did you think they had forgotten that we are in the championship?
Equally odd is the statement about being champions, must have missed that one because I thought we had a pretty crucial game tonight.

Agree the bit in bold. Three wins in Hibs next three games against Morton (H), Dunfermline (A), and Morton (A) would be enough to guarantee the title.

I don't think that will be easy. Still a lot of work to do IMHO.