PDA

View Full Version : Nish on the coaching staff !

eastcoasthibby
28-03-2017, 10:18 PM
At the Oriam today and am I right that it was Colin Nish with Grant Murray today ....on the subject who else is on the coaching staff, on the pitch at matches with Parker and Murray, he was also at the touchline at the Oriam today ..anyone with a name to the person ..!!!

Brightside
28-03-2017, 10:20 PM
At the Oriam today and am I right that it was Colin Nish with Grant Murray today ....on the subject who else is on the coaching staff, on the pitch at matches with Parker and Murray, he was also at the touchline at the Oriam today ..anyone with a name to the person ..!!!

Eddie May? Lee Makel?

Stantons Angel
28-03-2017, 10:35 PM
Eddie May was on the bench with lennon and parker on Saturday.

Jones28
28-03-2017, 10:38 PM
Nishy coaches the under 14's too, not sure who else he does it with but they've always got time a chat. Really nice guys.

eastcoasthibby
29-03-2017, 07:27 AM
It would Eddie May I reckon thanks ..I was surprised to see Nish there, last time I watched his involvement with a team was when he managed Cowdenbeath and they trained at Dalgety Bay ..watched the training a fair bit and it was awful in my view ..drills, fitness workouts, warm ups, ..were"t as good as what I had been Used to playing Junior for 20 odd years ..it wasn't a surprise they werw getting gubbed most weeks and he got bulleted from his job due to results , no surprise given his training !
So a but surprised and a bit concerned to see him after the above coaching from the touchline at our development game, judgemental I know but ...and also if he has our under 14's that's our future players he is responsible for developing !! Need to trust our management and hope its not just a jobs for the boys thing and works out productively ..

J-C
29-03-2017, 08:03 AM
Chris Smith is also a Development coach

Saturday Boy
29-03-2017, 09:47 AM
I heard Colin Nish was brought in to pass on tips about jumping to Grant Holt 😉

Mathias Jack
29-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Eddie May has been on the Hibs coaching staff for a few years now. I had an interview with for a job at East Mains a couple of years back; him and George Craig were part of the interview panel. Top blokes!

Yuillsy
29-03-2017, 10:16 AM
I took my daughter to Hibs girls training at the training centre 2 weeks ago and Nish was there in full training gear. Not sure which team he was working with as there is lots of different age groups there at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

.Sean.
29-03-2017, 10:39 AM
And when he's finished that I heard he teaches masterclasses on how to beat a stubborn offside trap :greengrin

eastmainsmsh
29-03-2017, 10:40 AM
Good luck to Colin Nish always thought he was underrated as a player on another note John rankin coaching yams under 14 lol potentially a levein puppet

J-C
29-03-2017, 11:08 AM

Obviously working as like Nish, Holt was on his erse after every challenge, not seen anyone on his bum more since the days of Nish.

J-C
29-03-2017, 11:10 AM
Good luck to Colin Nish always thought he was underrated as a player on another note John rankin coaching yams under 14 lol potentially a levein puppet

I picked up Rankin from the Spire hospital in Corstorphine about 3 years ago, he did say he wanted into coaching when his days came to an end.

Evergreen86
29-03-2017, 11:30 AM
Lee Makel & Damon Gray take the Hibs U15s

--------
29-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Obviously working as like Nish, Holt was on his erse after every challenge, not seen anyone on his bum more since the days of Nish.

It's as well big Colin has broad shoulders, the things that get said about him. :greengrin

Smartie
29-03-2017, 01:06 PM
I gather the U14s will struggle to time a run to beat an offside trap then?

It's funny, for all his faults (on his arse half the time, always offside and smaller when he jumped) I liked Nish and thought he was a really good player.

He scored a lot of goals and had a few cracking performances.

And some of the abuse that was reserved for "one of our own" was appalling.

He was one of those players who wasn't really what you would expect. Because of his height you'd expect him to be a target man that you just banged long balls at all day but that wasn't his game at all. When you got it in to his feet and got players moving around off him he was dangerous, a lot better at running with the ball and quicker than you would think.

I don't remember him missing many clear chances.

Brightside
29-03-2017, 01:14 PM

Its hard to believe I know....but Levein was even "side-coaching" at a recent u11 game v Hibs at the Oriam.

jacomo
29-03-2017, 02:44 PM

Wrong player.

Keatings late winner on Saturday was a copy of a goal Nish scored for us at the same end 8 or 9 years ago.

jacomo
29-03-2017, 02:48 PM
And some of the abuse that was reserved for "one of our own" was appalling.

:agree:

Last time I sat in the West Lower was for a game Colin Nish played for us. A group decided to give him abuse all game, which got really loud and personal when he came to the touchline for a throw in. Pathetic.

JDHibs
29-03-2017, 03:30 PM
Never understood why the fans always find a scapegoat, no matter what team is put out!

Nish was never as bad as people made out. Scored a barrel load of goals in the top flight and will bring a bundle of experience to the U14s. Must have worked with quite a few coaches over the years.

Good luck to him!

Billy Whizz
29-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Lee Makel & Damon Gray take the Hibs U15s

Ex Hibs Damon Gray?

silverhibee
29-03-2017, 04:08 PM
Good luck to big Nishy..

My worry is that we "Hibs" are never away from the Oriam, what is wrong with our own state of the art Training centre and how much is it costing Hibs to rent the Oriam when we have East Mains.

Billy Whizz
29-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Good luck to big Nishy..

My worry is that we "Hibs" are never away from the Oriam, what is wrong with our own state of the art Training centre and how much is it costing Hibs to rent the Oriam when we have East Mains.

Silver, I believe we get development money for using facilities, so hence we use Oriam, and probably doesn't cost us much.
East Mains would be perfect, if they could build a small stand on one of the pitches

ancient hibee
29-03-2017, 04:44 PM
Their won't be many players get near Nish' scoring level in the top tier.

Incidentally Jock Stein wasn't even the best centre half at Celtic when he played.His coaching record was ok I would say.

lucky
29-03-2017, 04:47 PM
Nish was not everyone's favorite as a player but he's played over 250 premier league games and scores over 60 top league goals so I'm sure he can pass on some knowledge to kids

proud_and_green
29-03-2017, 04:59 PM
Here we go again, have a good old fashioned Hibs dig at Colin Nish. A player who is a Hibee, wanted to play for Hibs and was as gutted as anyone that it didn't work out - witness the interview after his hatrick in the 6-6 game with Motherwell. He has been the subject of some disgraceful abuse and most of it has not been deserved!

Sammy7nil
29-03-2017, 06:01 PM

In his slippers :greengrin

silverhibee
31-03-2017, 04:15 PM
Silver, I believe we get development money for using facilities, so hence we use Oriam, and probably doesn't cost us much.
East Mains would be perfect, if they could build a small stand on one of the pitches

That's what should be done then Billy, EM is a top notch training centre and everything should go through it, a bit crap if you have to go elsewhere to train when we have EM, youths all the way through to the top team should be training at EM, I'm not buying the argument that the Oriam is easier to get to from some folk, if i was a young lad and signed up with Hibs i would want to be training at EM and get to see how older lads trained to hopefully getting to meet up with the 1st team players for advice and the buzz it would give younger lads.