PDA

View Full Version : Easter Road

Lancs Harp
28-03-2017, 08:06 PM
Which is your favourite stand? Where do you sit/stand now? Is it the best area of the ground you have been? Old stadium/new stadium which stand offered you the best "Hibs" exerience?

Im in block 40 in the East, had the odd game in various stands other than the East but like the current East, Im in row DD keeps me fit getting to my seat :wink:

Golden Bear
28-03-2017, 08:14 PM
Been in the Famous Five upper, the East, but without a doubt imo the view from the Upper West is the best. In addition, it offers relatively easy access/exit and the queues for the catering are manageable.

offshorehibby
28-03-2017, 08:23 PM
Sitting in the East 41, roughly the same spot we sat in the old east, which is roughly where we stood in the old old East.
We had spell in the old north enclosure way back in the 80's. As kids we'd stoat about the Dunbar end and main terrace.

Eyrie
28-03-2017, 08:25 PM
The old North Stand.

I've been in the East (old and new) and the new West Upper, but never behind the goals. Usually opt for the West Upper as the queues to exit the East are a pain.

O'Rourke3
28-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Been in all stands but never seen a game from FF lower or South Upper. Current seat in West Upper (old North Stand end) is the best view I've had. Before all parts of the Stadium were rebuilt never made it ironically to the old North but watched games from South and Centre stands. Cave, Dunbar End and both Enclosures. Nothing beats the top of the old East terrace on the Half Way line despite the climb.

Dashing Bob S
28-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Been in the Famous Five upper, the East, but without a doubt imo the view from the Upper West is the best. In addition, it offers relatively easy access/exit and the queues for the catering are manageable.

I've had ST's in them all and I would agree that the Upper West is best.

Dashing Bob S
28-03-2017, 08:27 PM
Mind you, my brother, being a Hearts fan, is a regular at most games in the South, and swears by it.

Thecat23
28-03-2017, 08:27 PM
I used to sit in the old cow shed with my dad. Then moved to the East and loved it. Now sit in the West lower behind the dugout. Wouldn't change where I sit now to be honest!

hibeeron
28-03-2017, 08:42 PM
I loved the Dunbar End in the 60's
Then walking round down the slope for the second half

mca
28-03-2017, 08:45 PM
Only once have i ever Stood / Sat Anywhere but the East.. Young daughter Won two tickets ( Coca cola ) labels or something..

She couldnt sit still for five effing minutes - So i Didnt think she would enjoy it - But The seats were the Padded Luxury variety somewhere in the West... That was her First Game v killie.. i think

Half Way thru the game and im just not enjoying where im sitting tbh.. She hears all the Singing and chanting and points over to the Old East and Said - can we sit there next time dad..

Yes Darling.. :greengrin

LancashireHibby
28-03-2017, 08:50 PM
Only place I've never seen a game is South Lower (sat in South Upper against Maribor when the East was being rebuilt). The view in West Upper is fantastic but you can't beat the East on a big night.

Peevemor
28-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Haven't been to the new East. Been everywhere else (old & new) except new South lower.

For the view, the old North and Centre stands were pretty good, but the new West upper is far better. For atmosphere the East terracing, covered but non seated, was superb.

Frogga
28-03-2017, 09:27 PM
I've always sat in the famous five lower. I quite like the fact that we get the best view of the second half of the games (usually), so even if the view of the first half isn't great you still have the second to look forward to!

The Harp
28-03-2017, 09:32 PM
I've watched games from all the stands and had season tickets for all Hibs areas except the old centre stand. For a good number of years now I've been in the back row of the FF Upper, but my all-time favourite would be the old north stand - I still miss the atmosphere generated in there.

lucky
28-03-2017, 09:34 PM
Favorite seat is the hospitality ones in the West upper. Only part of the ground I've not watch a game from is FF upper. I sit in the East just north of the halfway line and doubt I'd move anywhere else

weecounty hibby
28-03-2017, 09:38 PM
I have sat in the old North stand, old centre stand, behind the goals in the cave after seats were installed, stood in the old north enclosure, stood in the old east terrace, sat in the old east stand, sat in FF upper and lower, sat in West upper, west lower, stood in the Dunbar end, sat in the South stand. I've watched matches and had STs for all parts of the old and new ER and as much as folk still say they miss the old east we have now got one of the best stadiums in the country that has great views from pretty much every seat. It really is something we should all be very proud of

Ryan91
28-03-2017, 09:41 PM
My seat towards the top of the East stand is a phenomenal seat, cracking views of the whole pitch, having to sit on the ends or lower in a stand is a pain, probably a bit spoiled with the seat i've got tbf

NAE NOOKIE
28-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Spent the vast majority of my Hibs watching experience in the Coo shed and east terracing before the stadium was redeveloped .... I've spent every season since in the lower FF bar one in the new east ....... but for me without doubt the best view in the ground is from the FF upper .... its only because my group has always included kids that I sit in the FF lower ( family section ) from where the view isn't too bad because we are relatively high up, but for that I would have had a ST in the FF upper for years.

Speedy
28-03-2017, 09:43 PM
Only area I've not sat is South Lower (and I almost did last week).

Love section 50 of the famous five for the padded seats and view. East for the big games/atmosphere.

Can't remember ever being in the good seats in the West, only lower or a third of the way along on the upper.

ian cruise
28-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Not a season ticket holder but I almost always buy section 1 in the West. I love it, can stand up, usually decent noise and good view of the pitch even if we're shooting towards FF, though there are occasions where I see a replay when I'm home after and wonder what I thought I saw during the game. Cracking angle for Shinnie goal vs Hearts though and perfect position for both Jason and Grant's goals in the first half for example.

Topographic Hibby
28-03-2017, 09:58 PM
Been in the new West, lower and upper, the new East and the South lower. Never in FF, for some reason.

In olden times, was in the Dunbar End (Videoton at home), the cow shed (when it rained and the stewards opened the gate to let you in) and when my Dad or Grandad was paying, the old North Stand or Centre Stand. And both old lower enclosures. My dad used to refer to the old North as the Wing Stand, for some reason. When they were down the slope in the second half, it was a cracking point of view.

But without a doubt, the place to be was the old East, just about the half way line. Climbing down from that high level terrace that clipped the clouds, after that climb up the stairs that went on forever....it was the place to be.

Mad as a box of frogs.

28-03-2017, 10:22 PM
Moved from the Old West to the New West and been pretty much ever present since. Couple of visits to the East for Cup games with friends/family. Much prefer sitting side on to the pitch and never enjoyed being behind the goals when at away matches so never had the desire to sit in the FF Stand.

Safe to say whatever your preference we have a great stadium. When you consider that the stadium was rebuilt on the site of the existing stadium there was obviously a plan. Put Celtic Park and Ibrox to one side because of revenue generation potential of the ugly sisters they should have good stadiums. But like for like they aren't any better.

Rugby Park, Fir Park, Tannadice & Pittodrie they all look like stadiums designed in the dark by a group of 4 yr olds with left over lego and mechano. And then there is Tynecastle with its rusting pink steelwork so faded now that the pink has gone white and its wee non-UEFA compliant pitch. Ok, they're eventually doing something about that stand but last I was there the place and I mean the newer stands were a mess and couldn't believe how run down an inadequate the toilets/food bars were.

Pound for pound think we have by far the best stadium in Scotland.

Jones28
28-03-2017, 10:40 PM
Watched games from every angle at ER and my current ST in section 38 in the east is a cracker.

Kato
28-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Mind you, my brother, being a Hearts fan, is a regular at most games in the South, and swears by it.

Sounds like an interesting sibling dynamic, Bob. What swear words does he use when he's by it?

Scouse Hibee
28-03-2017, 11:13 PM
Experienced every stand and the best view is from my ST in West Upper.

jgl07
28-03-2017, 11:25 PM
I started off sitting on the benches in the old Cowshed. For a while it had no roof after it blew off in a storm

My first season ticket was in the Family Enclosure in front of the North Wing of the old Main Stand. When the current North Stand/FF opened we moved to the back of the Lower Tier (Block 17).

After the kids left for University, I gave up my season ticket and had a spell as a walk-up in the West Upper (Section 15). I never really settled and moved the the South Stand with a Category B season ticket or walk-up in both Upper (Section 32) and Lower (Section 27) Tiers.

Eventually I moved back to the FF Stand, Upper Tier this time, and have been there for the past ten years in a variety of locations all in Section 23.

I hated the old East Terrace. The views were lousy, too many pillars and inadequate rake. Consequently I rarely went there. The North Enclosure was OK but your view would often be blocked by members of the visitors bench standing up. Alex McLeish was the worst when at Motherwell. It was fun watching the reactions of visiting managers. McLeish was the most grumpy particularly after Kevin Harper skinned their defence with McLeish claiming offside (he was five years onside). Ivan Golac had a bad time. Dundee United had finally won the Scottish Cup and came to Easter Road in the opening match of the next season and were thrashed 5-0 with Harper running riot. Golac was sitting down almost comatose with a 'why me' look on his face.

I have only been in the new East once for a preseason match when the FF was not opened. I diddn't really like it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-03-2017, 11:31 PM
Had a ST in the first row of seats above the tunnel in the west for the first few seasons after it opened, never been bettered.

Biggie
29-03-2017, 01:45 PM
Grew up watching from the top section of the east stand, then the cave.
Season tickets were in the FF lower and now favourite is upper west...

JDHibs
29-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Always the East.

Wouldnt change seat, although i was tempted by the singing section.

Best atmosphere in the East. Great view aswell. Only downside is the queues to get out.

CockneyRebel
29-03-2017, 04:03 PM
I've had ST's in them all and I would agree that the Upper West is best.

My ST is in front row of Upper West next to the comfy seats - fab view.

wookie70
29-03-2017, 04:56 PM
I have sat in all 4 stands upper and lower in the FF, East and West at one time or the other. The old covered east would be my favourite but that probably had as much to do with the big group of mates I went with. I currently reside in the front row of the west upper on the 18 yard line at the Dunbar end. The view is by far the best I have had, with loads of leg room and some great supporters round me.