PDA

View Full Version : Tactics next time around

familyman
19-03-2017, 07:34 AM
Can anyone explain why on earth when WEEK AFTER WEEK we know teams will park the bus at Easter road, we start the game at a slow pace and build up playing sideways football from the back...surely direct running with diagonal cutting through passes to incoming wingers would create the openings...only in the second half yesterday did we change it around..It is so obvious that I cannot fathom it out at all..
Falkirk last time here at Easter Road did exactly the same(unlike they previous season when the played flowing impressive football), but were far more physical..We will need Fraser F back and at his very best for that game and Marvin B who should not have played yesterday as it was not the kind of player we needed in that game should start as this will be a physical brawl ..Housten has clearly adopted a very physical approach and it could be a dog fight..Step up the pace use the flanks.
please note the game lasts 90 minutes, so 90mins effort required..that is what we pay for after all.:flag:

eastcoasthibby
19-03-2017, 07:52 AM
Can anyone explain why on earth when WEEK AFTER WEEK we know teams will park the bus at Easter road, we start the game at a slow pace and build up playing sideways football from the back...surely direct running with diagonal cutting through passes to incoming wingers would create the openings...only in the second half yesterday did we change it around..It is so obvious that I cannot fathom it out at all..
Falkirk last time here at Easter Road did exactly the same(unlike they previous season when the played flowing impressive football), but were far more physical..We will need Fraser F back and at his very best for that game and Marvin B who should not have played yesterday as it was not the kind of player we needed in that game should start as this will be a physical brawl ..Housten has clearly adopted a very physical approach and it could be a dog fight..Step up the pace use the flanks.
please note the game lasts 90 minutes, so 90mins effort required..that is what we pay for after all.:flag:

Absolutely right ...just Toni get the persistence with this approach especially at home against these teams . Whikeci have a lot of time for NL I understand why a number of fans aren't convinced with him , starting 11 decisions at times and slowness to make tactical changes /subs are questionable at times and I would say have cost us. In his favour we have so far got results in bigger games and I think people understand that Lennon can't make the players lose their lack of effort, attitude an desire on the park ...his winning mentality is probably the defining factor at this time, with that part going to be in full view over the run in. ...hope that the positives come through and the team selection subs tactics are the right ones ...we desperately need to improve a lot in the run in.

Northernhibee
19-03-2017, 07:58 AM
Marciano
Gray McGregor Ambrose Stevenson

Fyvie
McGinn McGeouch

Holt Cummings Graham

Let's not beat about the bush, hoofball wins against these teams. Let's have two players who we can lump it to up front with Cummings running off them. McGinn and McGeouch can carry the ball forward. No messing about.

biotech
19-03-2017, 08:44 AM
We need:

1 Goals from midfield.

2 Width and pace.

3 Better set pieces.

Big L
19-03-2017, 10:38 AM
I would play a 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 with Gray McGregor Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson. Forster for Hanlon if he's not fit. If we don't lose these games we retain the gap and the way we are playing two draws would do me just fine. Let's face it, our form has been rubbish since the turn of the year.

To deliver...
19-03-2017, 10:45 AM
Bartley isn't the type of player we need for home games against the bottom six who are going to stick 10 men behind the ball from the word go. View him as more of a reaction player rather than an action player such as Dylan or Fyvie. Assuming Dylan wasn't fit enough for the full 90 yesterday?

Bristolhibby
19-03-2017, 10:50 AM
It seemed like all the fans (certainly our group) and all the others nearby that I could over hear were all saying the same thing.

Pace and persistence from the off, take a man on, hit the by line and get the cross in.
Mix this up with diagonals to Holt, ensure there are players dropping off for the second ball. We will score.

The tippy tappy across the back doesn't work when there are 11 men sitting deep.

We can see it, I'm sure Lennon sees it, so why the fleck are the players not doing it.

Dumbarton were battered yet we only ended up with a point. It's simply not good enough. And has been said, Falkirk will do the same, but will be even more physical.

J

Nicho87
19-03-2017, 11:07 AM
Marciano

Ambrose McGregor Forster
Humphries Fyvie McGinn Dylan Stevenson
Cummings Boyle

Billy Mac
19-03-2017, 11:14 AM
Absolutely right ...just Toni get the persistence with this approach especially at home against these teams . Whikeci have a lot of time for NL I understand why a number of fans aren't convinced with him , starting 11 decisions at times and slowness to make tactical changes /subs are questionable at times and I would say have cost us. In his favour we have so far got results in bigger games and I think people understand that Lennon can't make the players lose their lack of effort, attitude an desire on the park ...his winning mentality is probably the defining factor at this time, with that part going to be in full view over the run in. ...hope that the positives come through and the team selection subs tactics are the right ones ...we desperately need to improve a lot in the run in.
Yep

Smartie
19-03-2017, 01:03 PM
I'd be a bit wary of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

We've got Falkirk and Morton coming in the next 2 games, teams who will need to and want to beat us in order to achieve their ambitions. This should play into our hands.

If Hibs were trying to close a gap and a point at Easter Road were of any real use to Falkirk or Morton, then we might find ourselves playing against packed defences and therefore have to adjust our approach accordingly. This might happen if we lose the first goal in either game.

As it stands though, both of these teams need wins. A draw in either of the games only suits the team that is not playing.

I think we'll see Falkirk and Morton come and have a go and I think that suits us.

We could do with a couple of players finding better form, but I wouldn't be venturing far from the teams and tactics that have served us well in the recent games against Hearts and United.

lyonhibs
19-03-2017, 01:36 PM
Attack with width, attack with width and, oh attack with width.

It's been lacking for 3 seasons at least so I'm not expecting too much to change sadly.