PDA

View Full Version : Question for the admin

hibee316
06-03-2017, 06:15 PM
Was having a look at some other footy forums, and some of the stuff that people get away with saying is outrageous at best. Across the road for starters.

It's never really been like that on here.

Admin, are we generally an alright bunch, or are your fingers watching carefully for the loonies so they are quickly dispatched?

Just to say, I much prefer it like this. If you wouldn't say something in the street then don't say it here IMO.

NAE NOOKIE
06-03-2017, 06:29 PM
I do sometimes struggle a bit with the swear filter, its a bummer having to come up with inventive ways to spell 'schyte' :greengrin

DaveF
06-03-2017, 07:47 PM
I do sometimes struggle a bit with the swear filter, its a bummer having to come up with inventive ways to spell 'schyte' :greengrin

I'm off to pop that on the banned list :na na:

Bostonhibby
06-03-2017, 07:49 PM

And ******** :greengrin

Speedy

The boy that played at Celtic?

DaveF
Was having a look at some other footy forums, and some of the stuff that people get away with saying is outrageous at best. Across the road for starters.

Admin, are we generally an alright bunch, or are your fingers watching carefully for the loonies so they are quickly dispatched?

Just to say, I much prefer it like this. If you wouldn't say something in the street then don't say it here IMO.

Bit of both. but it would appear that most people who populate this forum are reasonably sane.

Joe6-2
06-03-2017, 08:01 PM
The language on the the hun forum is shocking!

ColinNish
06-03-2017, 08:08 PM

Across the road?

Sammy7nil
06-03-2017, 08:12 PM
Across the road?

Hearts Kickback

Slavoj Zizek
06-03-2017, 08:12 PM

Admins on every forum on the interweb do a fantastically unappreciated and unpaid job so why are you trying to sook in on this one? :na na:

Hibernia&Alba
06-03-2017, 08:14 PM

You called? :greengrin

essexhibee
06-03-2017, 08:23 PM
Kickback language is filtered from what I've read. Some of their gif/reactions are quite funny tbf from when I've been on for a laugh after another cup derby defeat.

Rangersmedia is a different level. Genuinely every poster uses sectarian bile.

Hibernia&Alba
06-03-2017, 08:27 PM
Kickback language is filtered from what I've read. Some of their gif/reactions are quite funny tbf from when I've been on for a laugh after another cup derby defeat.

Rangersmedia is a different level. Genuinely every poster uses sectarian bile.

And there's nae swear filter. The language would make a sailor blush, and that's just the female posters!

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-03-2017, 08:32 PM
The language on the the hun forum is shocking!

It's a sad indictment that the posters on that forum actually think that it's okay to say those things.

Michael
06-03-2017, 08:50 PM
When certain posts regarding rumours are removed from .net you can be certain of reading all about it on certain other forums!

J-C
06-03-2017, 08:58 PM
I generally think we debate threads reasonably well here, there seems a code of conduct that 95% adhere to, the admins are pretty quick to nip personal/illegal stuff in the bud and either get rid of posts, tell people off or simply close the thread. Occasionally they ban someone who tends to ignore their threats and you'll suddenly see him in red with a line through his name "left by mutual consent", that's a last resort I'd assume.

Sometimes someone pops a link on to a Rangers forum and they tend to get away with murder with what they say, it's reading these other websites that makes you glad you're a Hibs fan.:greengrin