PDA

View Full Version : John Beaton

The Harp Awakes
05-03-2017, 01:53 AM
God help us if we get this guy in the Semi v Rangers.

3 shocking decisions in the Rangers v Hamilton game, all of course in favour of the Rangers.

houstonhibbee
05-03-2017, 02:02 AM

3 shocking decisions in the Rangers v Hamilton game, all of course in favour of the Rangers.
I'll never forget the disgraceful sending off of Handling at Ibrox three years ago when Hibs were on top. Its a fricken joke

northstandhibby
05-03-2017, 02:03 AM

Its like a return to the bad dark old day of Valentine, McGinlay, Dallas, Dougal etc etc, hun fans dressed up as referees and it would appear Beaton is of the same ilk. Sad very sad in this day and age.

glory glory

cabbageandribs1875
05-03-2017, 02:50 AM
if we get sevco then i'd be quite happy to have beaton as referee, live on the tellybox where his every decision will be under scrutiny :wink:

Captain Trips
05-03-2017, 02:52 AM
if we get sevco then i'd be quite happy to have beaton as referee, live on the tellybox where his every decision will be under scrutiny :wink:

Under scrutiny then ignored.

houstonhibbee
05-03-2017, 03:00 AM
didn't do Hamilton much good.

Does no one monitor referees performances?

That's two shockers in a row assuming he's just a bad referee and not a cheat

Sir David Gray
05-03-2017, 08:06 AM
Shocking performance. Sevco should have been down to 9 players and their first goal was never a penalty.

JimBHibees
05-03-2017, 10:21 AM
Just seen the Garner tackle wow about ten times worse than Danny Handlings. Quite simply a cheat IMO. He only then went on to score a hat trick.

Hibernia&Alba
05-03-2017, 10:24 AM
But the Sevconians still have audacity to claim the whole world is out to get them, including match officials. Beaton won't have to buy another drink doon the ludge all year.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Pundits stock phrases about how player's shouldn't give referees questions to answer, has to work the other way for referees and players. Some truly awful decisions from Beaton in that game. Similar lack of control from the ref in the United v Bournemouth match.

easty
05-03-2017, 10:48 AM
Worst refereeing decision of the weekend is still clearly Anthony Taylor on the Swansea v Burnley game.

An absolute shocker of a penalty to give. The linesman should have helped him out though.

Nicho87
05-03-2017, 11:22 AM
The goalie collecting the ball outside the box was my personal favourite. Id actually be confident that with rangers draw record the semi final will be played at Ibrox

Is It On....
05-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Worst refereeing decision of the weekend is still clearly Anthony Taylor on the Swansea v Burnley game.

An absolute shocker of a penalty to give. The linesman should have helped him out though.

The Burnley player never even claimed for it.

Is It On....
05-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Just seen the Garner tackle wow about ten times worse than Danny Handlings. Quite simply a cheat IMO. He only then went on to score a hat trick.

It's almost worse that Garner was booked. That means Beaton saw it and didn't consider it a red card offence.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-03-2017, 11:34 AM
Beaton was live on TV (BBC Alba) for the game vs Dunfermline and that didn't prevent an utterly bizarre display.

Jack Hackett
05-03-2017, 12:17 PM
It's almost worse that Garner was booked. That means Beaton saw it and didn't consider it a red card offence.

When you're going to cheat, cheat clever. No booking would probably have involved the Compliance Officer and a retrospective red and ban

Bostonhibby
05-03-2017, 12:19 PM
Think Beaton was a season ticket holder at ibrox when the now defunct Glasgow rangers played there?

TheMentalHibees
05-03-2017, 12:24 PM
There will never be a worse or more biased refereeing display than mccurrys at ibrox when dundee united had I believe two good goals chalked off. Sure Beaton will do his best to better that if he gets his grubby red hands on a semi final.

neil7908
05-03-2017, 12:38 PM
I really feel we're at the stage in football where video evidence is a must. It's never been clearer that the SFA, the media and any other institution involved in the game in Scotland are beholden to two teams from one city. Every other club, and by extension their fans, are treated with contempt.

The only evidence required to see the level of corruption in our game would be to witness the refereeing performance yesterday, and the 11 (or is it 10?) home ties in a row the Rangers have had in cup competitions.

It's clear the authorities won't reform themselves so technology is the only way we'll get a level playing field in the short term.

jgl07
05-03-2017, 12:39 PM

Anthony Taylor is the worst referee I have ever seen. Up against some very stiff competition from many in Scotland mind.

Dashing Bob S
05-03-2017, 02:01 PM
If Beaton came out wearing a sash and carrying a flute he couldn't have made his intentions clearer. It's ludicrous that an individual like that is allowed to officiate in sport at any level.

HFCdeb
05-03-2017, 02:05 PM
Absolute disgrace.

hibsdaft
05-03-2017, 02:13 PM

it wasn't even an attempt at a tackle, he just booted him.

Deansy
05-03-2017, 02:14 PM

NOT if these decisions favour the Hun ! Plus TV evidence hasn't stopped other Scottish refs from constantly helping out either half of the 'Ugly Sisters' previously so it's not going to start now.

I read on another thread that Beaton WAS a season-ticket holder before he became a ref, if that's true then I'd hope that - if we got him - Hibs would make an official protest.

Onion
05-03-2017, 02:27 PM
I really feel we're at the stage in football where video evidence is a must. It's never been clearer that the SFA, the media and any other institution involved in the game in Scotland are beholden to two teams from one city. Every other club, and by extension their fans, are treated with contempt.

The only evidence required to see the level of corruption in our game would be to witness the refereeing performance yesterday, and the 11 (or is it 10?) home ties in a row the Rangers have had in cup competitions.

It's clear the authorities won't reform themselves so technology is the only way we'll get a level playing field in the short term.

Won't happen for same reason the SFA won't allow referees to be interviewed after the game. The evidence of bias is irrefutable and needs to be quickly brushed under the carpet. Forcing the ref to review vid evidence of their cheating would be too cruel and make their position as professionals laughable.

It is 11 straight home ties. Odds of this happening ... 1 in 2048 (ie beyond reasonable possibility). Same chances as...

David Moyes to be an X Factor judge
Sir Alex Ferguson to win Strictly Come Dancing
Hugh Hefner to admit he's a virgin

If they're drawn at home next time, will be same odds as Leicester winning the EPL.

NAE NOOKIE
05-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Got to question the lino as well who must have had a better and totally unobstructed view of the Sevco keeper handling the ball outside the box. A bit like yesterday where Boyle was clearly onside when played in from the free kick, with the linesman in a very good position to see the play develop from when the free kick was taken and Boyle starting his run. It didn't matter in the end, but it could have.

As for Beaton ..... either a cheat or totally incompetent that's the only decision to be made about him ... I don't want him anywhere near any of our games before the end of the season.

Killiehibbie
05-03-2017, 02:39 PM
Won't happen for same reason the SFA won't allow referees to be interviewed after the game. The evidence of bias is irrefutable and needs to be quickly brushed under the carpet. Forcing the ref to review vid evidence of their cheating would be too cruel and make their position as professionals laughable.

It is 11 straight home ties. Odds of this happening ... 1 in 2048 (ie beyond reasonable possibility). Same chances as...

David Moyes to be an X Factor judge
Sir Alex Ferguson to win Strictly Come Dancing
Hugh Hefner to admit he's a virgin

If they're drawn at home next time, will be same odds as Leicester winning the EPL.What's the odds of next roulette spin being red if 11 blacks have landed in a row?

Onion
05-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Got to question the lino as well who must have had a better and totally unobstructed view of the Sevco keeper handling the ball outside the box. A bit like yesterday where Boyle was clearly onside when played in from the free kick, with the linesman in a very good position to see the play develop from when the free kick was taken and Boyle starting his run. It didn't matter in the end, but it could have.

As for Beaton ..... either a cheat or totally incompetent that's the only decision to be made about him ... I don't want him anywhere near any of our games before the end of the season.

Simple incompetence eventually impacts both teams equally. The 3 early game-changing decisions all went Sevco's way, where there was more chance of 1, 2, or all 3 going Hamilton's way. And that's before you allow for how blatant each incident was. Nope, those decisions smack of bias and/or cowardice.

where'stheslope
05-03-2017, 02:50 PM
After just watching the Celtic game, step forward referee Steven MacLean, the new Celtic player Kouassi just on the pitch goes into a challenge foot up studs showing and catches the St Mirren player Demetriou right on the shin guard while lunging for the ball, goes right through the player, and the ref gives a foul?????
If the Uglies get away with any more, it would not be cheating, it would be criminal!!!

Joe6-2
05-03-2017, 02:59 PM

Exactly!

SRHibs
05-03-2017, 03:00 PM

1van Sprou7e
05-03-2017, 03:01 PM
All the calls here for anyone who hasn't seen them, disgraceful stuff

https://streamable.com/gqcm7

ahibby
05-03-2017, 03:14 PM
Cheating by officials at Ibrox once again and it's the epitome of what's wrong with Scottish football. That referee is sending a message that Rangers can do no wrong, and it's a waste of time trying against them because even if they pull a rifle and shoot an opponent it'll lead to a ticking off.

DarlingtonHibee
05-03-2017, 03:32 PM
Cheating by officials at Ibrox once again and it's the epitome of what's wrong with Scottish football. That referee is sending a message that Rangers can do no wrong, and it's a waste of time trying against them because even if they pull a rifle and shoot an opponent it'll lead to a ticking off.

If we get the huns then no way we should accept him as referee.

Sir David Gray
05-03-2017, 03:32 PM

Surely not genuine.

1van Sprou7e
05-03-2017, 03:48 PM
Surely not genuine.

Even Beaton isn't that stupid

Is It On....
05-03-2017, 03:50 PM

Definitely a fake.. simply can't believe he didn't see the Fotheringham incident !!

Dashing Bob S
05-03-2017, 03:51 PM

Hope it's not fake. I'm actually starting to like him.

clarkstonbhoy
05-03-2017, 04:01 PM
Beaton has reffed 5 sevco games this season and awarded them 4 penalties

magpie1892
05-03-2017, 04:07 PM

I usually give incompetence the benefit of the doubt when we see a bad decision or decisions during a game. However, taking into account the identity of one of the two teams and prize on offer for the winners, I reckon yesterday was as clear a case of cheating as you'll see.

What really grated was that Garner inexplicably thought it was hilarious that he had nearly crippled Imrie. The Toral penalty was hilarious - watch it again with the music from 'Platoon' playing at the same time.

marinello59
05-03-2017, 04:08 PM
I usually give incompetence the benefit of the doubt when we see a bad decision or decisions during a game. However, taking into account the identity of one of the two teams and prize on offer for the winners, I reckon yesterday was as clear a case of cheating as you'll see.

What really grated was that Garner inexplicably thought it was hilarious that he had nearly crippled Imrie. The Toral penalty was hilarious - watch it again with the music from 'Platoon' playing at the same time.

I've just watched it. It stinks.

JackLadd
05-03-2017, 04:09 PM

He's a The Rangers fan, ex season ticket holder FFS. Probably sings Billy Boys and No Pope of Rome in the shower.

SRHibs
05-03-2017, 04:21 PM
Definitely a fake.. simply can't believe he didn't see the Fotheringham incident !!

Has to be real. It says Beaton and has a picture of him. :aok:

emerald green
05-03-2017, 05:26 PM

Fake news! :greengrin :aok: