PDA

View Full Version : Ayr's goal

Monts
04-03-2017, 06:02 PM
That was some strike. Was sitting directly behind it, and it never moved in the air. Straight as you like. Deservedly got a round of applause from a number of the home support. Felt it deserved a mention.

hibby6270
04-03-2017, 06:09 PM
Same opinion here. The boy who scored won't hit a sweeter shot again in his career I'll bet.
From the West it just looked as though the ball was rising and rising and I hoped it would sail over the bar. Sadly it didn't. Probably a goal if the round contender? - along with SJM's opener of course. :greengrin

houstonhibbee
04-03-2017, 06:16 PM
That was some strike. Was sitting directly behind it, and it never moved in the air. Straight as you like. Deservedly got a round of applause from a number of the home support. Felt it deserved a mention.
Thought it took a slight deflection......still a great strike on the half volley?

hibbysam
04-03-2017, 06:17 PM

A round of applause for someone scoring against Hibs?? Woeful. It was however a very good strike.

cleanyman
04-03-2017, 06:29 PM
I applauded

Looked like a stunner at the time

erin go bragh
04-03-2017, 06:31 PM
Preferred SJM strike .

Nakedmanoncrack
04-03-2017, 06:31 PM
Thought the keeper should have done better to be honest.

SChibs
04-03-2017, 06:38 PM
A round of applause for someone scoring against Hibs?? Woeful. It was however a very good strike.

Woeful? Calm down. It was a belter and deserved a bit of recognition. Few years ago we had Celtic fans applauding riordans chip at parkhead

Brightside
04-03-2017, 06:39 PM

Well taken goal but he was given all day to have a dig at it.

SON OF PADDY
04-03-2017, 06:40 PM

Nothing the matter with appreciating a wonderful goal,the player deserved the applause.
From my seat in the West lower I had a great view
the moment he hit it I knew it was going in.

greenlex
04-03-2017, 06:40 PM

Right behind it. Absolutely no chance of getting anywhere near it. I'd go as far as saying no keeper in the world would have got near stopping that.

Edit- now I've seen it on Zitelli two keeper in goals wouldn't have got that!!

LithgaeHibby
04-03-2017, 06:45 PM
In the post match interviews on the radio NL said it was a 1 in 30 for the boy - fair enough. Was more than p***ed off when Ian McCall said the same thing about SJM's strike!

staunchhibby
04-03-2017, 06:46 PM
Contender for goal of the season

SaulGoodman
04-03-2017, 06:48 PM

Football fans in appreciating a good goal shock

04-03-2017, 06:50 PM

Agree, I would never do that regardless of how brilliant the goal was. It was an absolute cracker, Marcianno was at full stretch but theres absolutely nothing he could have done to stop that.

wearethehibs
04-03-2017, 06:51 PM

Really?? Its appreciating what was a stunning goal. No like people jumped up celebrating it ffs

Golden Bear
04-03-2017, 06:51 PM
From the angle I saw it, it looked as though it was missing to the keeper's right but seemed to swerve at the last minute.

Onion
04-03-2017, 06:53 PM

He'll never hit a better strike in his life, unstoppable. Yet, post-match, Ian McCall went on about SJM's right foot curler that "you won't see again" :confused:

hibbysam
04-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Really?? Its appreciating what was a stunning goal. No like people jumped up celebrating it ffs

Guessing you stood up and applauded Ozturk's equaliser a couple of years ago as well? Or Andy Halliday's in the final? It was a goal against my side which had the potential to put us under pressure and folk are applauding it.. each to their own though, no wonder teams love playing at ER.

SaulGoodman
04-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Guessing you stood up and applauded Ozturk's equaliser a couple of years ago as well? Or Andy Halliday's in the final? It was a goal against my side which had the potential to put us under pressure and folk are applauding it.. each to their own though, no wonder teams love playing at ER.

Now you're exaggerating. No one "stood up and clapped"

EDIT: Name any team recently that would come out and say that they "love playing at ER"

matty_f
04-03-2017, 07:09 PM
He'll never hit a better strike in his life, unstoppable. Yet, post-match, Ian McCall went on about SJM's right foot curler that "you won't see again" :confused:
I made that point as well, boy must hit them every week!

Pretty Boy
04-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Great goal. Sometimes you just have to appreciate a good goal against you.

Contender for goal of the season imo.

hibbysam
04-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Now you're exaggerating. No one "stood up and clapped"

EDIT: Name any team recently that would come out and say that they "love playing at ER"

Standing up, sitting down, regardless you applauded, did you applaud either of those goals mentioned? You just have to appreciate great strikes.

eastmainsmsh
04-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Was a peach thought harkins was good for them

The dook
04-03-2017, 07:21 PM
We are football supporters,if someone shows a level of skill it should be applauded,regardless of who they play for,I go to watch two teams play.:flag:

greenlex
04-03-2017, 07:21 PM
Standing up, sitting down, regardless you applauded, did you applaud either of those goals mentioned? You just have to appreciate great strikes.

Ridiculous. Comparisons. The boys goal today was never going to deprive Hibs of anything. Of the other two one robbed us of two points and a Derby win the other was during a cup final at Hampden against Rangers. Of course neither were applauded. Other good goals have been appreciated at ER for the opposition. As they gave everywhere. It's a football thing.

SaulGoodman
04-03-2017, 07:22 PM

There's a difference between a little clap to say good goal and full on giving the boy a standing ovation, maybe you should learn the difference.

Maybe you should also learn the difference between a goal that puts us behind in a cup final and a goal scored by a young lad for a small team while we're already 2-0 up.

Of course we won today so you're just desperately trying to find something to be controversial about.

Itsnoteasy
04-03-2017, 07:23 PM

Yes it was a cracking goal & only shot on target that I remember them having. Once again the away teams goals to shots on target ratio is extremely high.

InchHibby
04-03-2017, 07:28 PM
From the angle I saw it, it looked as though it was missing to the keeper's right but seemed to swerve at the last minute.

Have too agree, from my seat in the West it looked liked going past the goalkeepers right hand post but swerved at the right time, a great goal, has to be said. But glad we're through.

hibbysam
04-03-2017, 07:31 PM
There's a difference between a little clap to say good goal and full on giving the boy a standing ovation, maybe you should learn the difference.

Maybe you should also learn the difference between a goal that puts us behind in a cup final and a goal scored by a young lad for a small team while we're already 2-0 up.

Of course we won today so you're just desperately trying to find something to be controversial about.

A small team? That'll be a team in the same league who hadn't lost at ER just one week after us throwing away a 2-0 lead in very similar circumstances. If you don't think that goal had the potential to damage us then more fool you, the sending off helped calm that part down.

As for your 'controversy', no I just don't agree that our fans should be applauding goals against our team, it's something I'd expect in the MLS or some glorified friendly, or when 8-0 against Preston Athletic, not a Scottish cup quarter final when we now have a narrow 1 goal advantage.

Your opinion, my opinion, if mine is controversial one way, yours is the there way.

Monts
04-03-2017, 07:33 PM
Have too agree, from my seat in the West it looked liked going past the goalkeepers right hand post but swerved at the right time, a great goal, has to be said. But glad we're through.

Nah I was directly behind it. No movement at all.

keep the faith
04-03-2017, 07:35 PM

I applauded their goal today too. Sorry about that.
It was some hit.

RoscoHibby
04-03-2017, 07:39 PM
I applauded it at the game. Nothing OTT, 4-5 wee claps. It was an absolute beezer and sure will look good on the telly.

I should quantify this by saying, as I did at the time, that they are jammy bar stewards for even having a goal, they really didn't deserve it. If Lennon is saying 1 in 30, that's kind IMO,
1 in 100 if he's lucky.

Looked some goal from where I was in the east.

wearethehibs
04-03-2017, 07:59 PM
Canny beleive someone is getting so worked up about Hibs fans giving a few claps for another teams goal.

Cat Stanton
04-03-2017, 08:23 PM
Canny beleive someone is getting so worked up about Hibs fans giving a few claps for another teams goal.

Was about to say the same - only on Hibs.net could this evolve into an argument...

hibee_girl
04-03-2017, 08:28 PM
It was some goal, sometimes you just have to accept the opposition has a moment of skill

FilipinoHibs
04-03-2017, 08:35 PM
On Hibs TV looked like a small dedlection.

surreyhibbie
04-03-2017, 08:41 PM
Listened to the game on Hibs tv. The guys said it was a brilliant strike and were very complimentary. Good enough for me.

It's possible to appreciate a bit of skill from an opposing team.

judas
04-03-2017, 08:46 PM

Not woeful. Classy.

I remember, Didier Agathe scored a goal for Hibs against Dundee many years ago. It was a wonder solo effort and a number of Dundee fans applauded it. I respect that, it shows a deeper understanding of the beautiful game and an appreciation for individual endeavour that transcends bitter rivalry.

tamig
04-03-2017, 08:54 PM
A small team? That'll be a team in the same league who hadn't lost at ER just one week after us throwing away a 2-0 lead in very similar circumstances. If you don't think that goal had the potential to damage us then more fool you, the sending off helped calm that part down.

As for your 'controversy', no I just don't agree that our fans should be applauding goals against our team, it's something I'd expect in the MLS or some glorified friendly, or when 8-0 against Preston Athletic, not a Scottish cup quarter final when we now have a narrow 1 goal advantage.

Your opinion, my opinion, if mine is controversial one way, yours is the there way.
Jeez. Away and lie down.

the pie eater
04-03-2017, 09:09 PM
I applauded

Like wise. Cracking strike.

Jonnyboy
04-03-2017, 10:12 PM

:faf:

wookie70
04-03-2017, 10:18 PM
I applauded, with some of the rubbish I have sat through at Easter Road this year and many others it would seem wrong to let a goal like that pass by without some sort of recognition. I did also have a wee moan at Stevenson who let the scorer run off him.

SaulGoodman
04-03-2017, 10:24 PM
I jumped out my seat launched a smoke bomb at a granny 4 rows in front of me and ran onto the pitch.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-03-2017, 10:51 PM
Was a fantastic goal and nothing wrong in applauding it. On a day when we reached yet another cup semi final, trying to stir this up is just looking to pick a fight for no reason at all.

monktonharp
04-03-2017, 10:55 PM
Nothing the matter with appreciating a wonderful goal,the player deserved the applause.
From my seat in the West lower I had a great view
the moment he hit it I knew it was going in.:agree: as soon as he hit it, it was netbound. I was in the west lower tooo and the guys next to me were applauding it

One Day
04-03-2017, 11:05 PM
I applauded

So did I, 3/4 claps a natural response to a great strike

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-03-2017, 11:17 PM
Absolute peach of a strike.

FilipinoHibs
04-03-2017, 11:49 PM
Not woeful. Classy.

I remember, Didier Agathe scored a goal for Hibs against Dundee many years ago. It was a wonder solo effort and a number of Dundee fans applauded it. I respect that, it shows a deeper understanding of the beautiful game and an appreciation for individual endeavour that transcends bitter rivalry.

I clapped on of the Dundee goals scored by one of the Argentinians that day.

Hibernia&Alba
05-03-2017, 05:30 AM
It was a superb goal - I applauded.

Pete
05-03-2017, 05:37 AM
The fact that the goal cut our lead in a cup tie meant I never applauded but each to their own.

The BBC replay showed what a screamer it was. You can't get more postage stamp.

Cheeky wee offer for the boy?

Hibernia&Alba
05-03-2017, 05:43 AM
The fact that the goal cut our lead in a cup tie meant I never applauded but each to their own.

The BBC replay showed what a screamer it was. You can't get more postage stamp.

Cheeky wee offer for the boy?

It was a half volley too; very difficult technique to keep it under control. Fantastic goal.

Hibs Class
05-03-2017, 07:14 AM
I applauded it at the game and did so again while watching Sportscene.

Cat Stanton
05-03-2017, 08:28 AM

Having seen the goal on Sportscene, can I just say that this is one of the most ludicrous comments I have ever read on this forum. Which is saying quite a lot..

05-03-2017, 10:13 AM

You've got to be kidding, absolutely nothing Marciano could have done about that. Unstoppable.

SRHibs
05-03-2017, 10:15 AM
I applauded it at the game and did so again while watching Sportscene.

Likewise, I also applaud every time I think of it.

Billy Whizz
05-03-2017, 10:29 AM

Seriously!

NAE NOOKIE
05-03-2017, 12:59 PM
I applauded it too almost involuntarily, just a few wee claps as did quite a few of the folk around me, it was an absolute peach and even if it was against Hibs it deserved a wee bit of appreciation.

As for a goal from Hertz or the like at ER ..... that's a totally different matter, I wouldn't applaud a goal from them if it was the best goal ever scored. But that's a deliberate choice, in my mind I would still be thinking, wow what a goal ... as I did with Halliday's in the SC final.

Marciano ...... If he had been 10 feet tall and possessed the same number of limbs as an Octopus I still don't think he would have laid a glove on it.