McLeod ???

stantonhibby
03-03-2017, 10:53 PM
McLeod ???

McLean I assume

cabbageandribs1875
03-03-2017, 11:19 PM
Ayr have a few out as well

Team News: Farid El Alagui is cup tied. Robbie Crawford, Peter Murphy, Jamie Adams, Paul Cairney and Declan McDaid are out with injuries.

four of them started against us a few weeks back

M Boyle will be pleased speed king cairney is out

03-03-2017, 11:23 PM
Rocky

Gray
McLean
Ambrose
Stevenson

Martin
McGinn
Bartley
Boyle

Holt
Cummings

Think it will be this but with Shinnie instead of Martin.

danhibees1875
03-03-2017, 11:24 PM
I've absolutely no idea what we'll see for this one. I'd assume:

Rocky
Gray McLean Ambrose Stevenson
Bartley
Mcginn Fyvie Boyle
Holt Cummings

I wouldn't be adverse to something a bit rogue in a 3-5-2 though.

Rocky
Gray McLean Ambrose
Bartley
Keatings Mcginn Martin Boyle
Holt Cummings

Cameron1875
03-03-2017, 11:28 PM
Rocky
Gray Mclean Efe Stevenson

Boyle Bartley Martin McGinn

Holt Cummings

* same team as OP. Oops, it's late!

JackLadd
03-03-2017, 11:33 PM
Rocky
Gray Efe McLean Stevson
Marv
Boyle Shinnie McGinn
Holt Cummings

Hi Heid Yin
04-03-2017, 12:00 AM
I'm not convinced that Lennon will put McLean alongside Ambrose. Is McLean match-fit for starters?
I think he will partner Bartley with Ambrose.
It really is sods law that the strongest part of our team (the defence) has been decimated and Lennon has been forced to experiment at this crucial stage of the season.
I'm sure that the disruption at the back impacted big time on our performance against St. Mirren. Familiarity with team mates and who is behind you breeds confidence.

Heisenberg
04-03-2017, 12:03 AM
Forster has been back training this week so I'm guessing he'll start.

Marciano

Gray
Ambrose
Forster
Stevenson

Boyle
Martin
McGinn
Crane

Cummings
Holt

eastcoasthibby
04-03-2017, 07:22 AM
I'm not convinced that Lennon will put McLean alongside Ambrose. Is McLean match-fit for starters?
I think he will partner Bartley with Ambrose.
It really is sods law that the strongest part of our team (the defence) has been decimated and Lennon has been forced to experiment at this crucial stage of the season.
I'm sure that the disruption at the back impacted big time on our performance against St. Mirren. Familiarity with team mates and who is behind you breeds confidence.

With all due respect I hope he doesn't put Bartley in there, he is,still trying to get close to the Dunfermline strikers from 2 weeks,ago ..that was one of the main reasons,we lost that game in my opinion. McLean needs to start and,see howcit goes, I think he will be fine ..is Foster possibly ready to comeback in ?? Heard he might be ?

houstonhibbee
04-03-2017, 07:30 AM
With all due respect I hope he doesn't put Bartley in there, he is,still trying to get close to the Dunfermline strikers from 2 weeks,ago ..that was one of the main reasons,we lost that game in my opinion. McLean needs to start and,see howcit goes, I think he will be fine ..is Foster possibly ready to comeback in ?? Heard he might be ?

Marciano

Crane
Ambrose
Forster
Stevenson

Martin
McGinn
Fyvie

Holt
Boyle
Cummings

CallumLaidlaw
04-03-2017, 07:32 AM

You're not the first hibs fan I've seen or heard describe one of these recent draws as a loss [emoji6] they certainly felt that way at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
04-03-2017, 07:52 AM
After the last couple of games you could leave any of them out and they couldn't complain.

Goals and creativity is our issue but nobody really looks like being the player to change that. They've all had their chance at some point and it really taken it. Team could be anything.

Jones28
04-03-2017, 08:15 AM
3-5-2 for me

RWB Boyle
RCB Forster
CB McLean
LCB Ambrose
LWB Stevenson

RCM Shinnie
CM Martin
LCM McGinn

ST Cummings
ST Holt

007 Mickey Weir
04-03-2017, 08:31 AM
If Forster is fit I would go

McLean Forster Ambrose

Boyle. Martin Bartley McGinn Keatings
Holt Cummings

Hit them hard

PiemanP
04-03-2017, 08:54 AM
I Want:

Width
Cummings and holt up top
Martin in midfield and not the fyvie/Bartley combo

Rocky

Stevenson (although I prefer the unknown of crane)
Ambrose
McLean/Forster if fit
Gray

Mcginn left mid
Fyvie
Martin
Boyle

JC
Holt

Flat 4 in the middle none of this diamond nonsense. Get mcginn and Boyle genuinely wide and open the pitch up. Against st mirren and pars our narrowness led to a midfield battle we didn't win. Martin and Fyvie should have the ability to control the midfield.

Holt and JC is our only proven partnership. JC up top on his own doesn't work.

Gray and Lewis to focus on the defending. From the two games I've seen of Ayr their full backs have a bit of pace and are a danger. If Gray is needing a rest (sure looked that way in recent weeks) Lennon should have the balls to stick in Donaldson.

JimBHibees
04-03-2017, 09:07 AM

That was when he was played out of position at centre back when he moved back in his normal position we started running the game again.

JimBHibees
04-03-2017, 09:09 AM
I Want:

Width
Cummings and holt up top

Rocky

Ambrose
McLean/Forster if fit
Gray

Mcginn left mid
Fyvie
Martin
Boyle

JC
Holt

Flat 4 in the middle none of this diamond nonsense. Get mcginn and Boyle genuinely wide and open the pitch up. Against st mirren and pars our narrowness led to a midfield battle we didn't win. Martin and Fyvie should have the ability to control the midfield.

Gray and Lewis to focus on the defending. From the two games I've seen of Ayr their full backs have a bit of pace and are a danger. If Gray is needing a rest (sure looked that way in recent weeks) Lennon should have the balls to stick in Donaldson.

Their right back and captain Devlin certainly is, one of the best in the league and think he will move on at end of the season. Agree we need to be careful that side.

number9dream
04-03-2017, 09:26 AM
Like others say, creativity from midfield has been our glaring weakness all season and it's hard to see how to fix that, since Shinnie has been more cold than hot and Keatings looks lost in a deeper role.
With Humphrey out, we can't go for the two wingers line up that did so well against United. Boyle is also erratic.
Having said that, we should still have enough to see off Ayr and we must be due a decent win against them after the two previous league games at Easter Road.
They will sit deep and we need to break them down. A familiar script.
We're pretty limited by injuries but one thing I don't want to see is Bartley and Fyvie together in central midfield. One or the other, please.

JimBHibees
04-03-2017, 09:38 AM

Team News: Farid El Alagui is cup tied. Robbie Crawford, Peter Murphy, Jamie Adams, Paul Cairney and Declan McDaid are out with injuries.

Crawford and Adams are quite big losses if out.

Smartie
04-03-2017, 09:41 AM
I Want:

Width
Cummings and holt up top

Rocky

Ambrose
McLean/Forster if fit
Gray

Mcginn left mid
Fyvie
Martin
Boyle

JC
Holt

I like this.

Unfortunately, with the personnel we have available I struggle to see how we're going to address our problems going forward this season, your team makes a decent stab at it and I share your thoughts and list of "wants".

Bizarrely I think the key to our season may well be a return to fitness and form of Humphrey.

I suspect we've been "found out" by the other championship sides of late and I think we'll continue to struggle for goals.

It is bad news that we've had to use our emergency loans to shore up the strongest part of our team when we're crying out for something different in the final third.

GreenNWhiteArmy
04-03-2017, 09:57 AM
Evening news guy just tweeted forster is back and likely to play alongside efe

Brightside
04-03-2017, 09:59 AM
I'll be very disappointed if Martin isn't playing today. I'd also like to see Crane given a chance out wide left......Boyle wide right. Lets hammer them.

JimBHibees
04-03-2017, 10:02 AM
I'll be very disappointed if Martin isn't playing today. I'd also like to see Crane given a chance out wide left......Boyle wide right. Lets hammer them.

Agree about Martin.

Unseen work
04-03-2017, 10:46 AM
It will be very little changes I would imagine. Only change i expect is mcgregor out and mclean/Forster replacing him.

I feel currently in our team we have very little options to mix things up.

Everyone would like to see Martin and to a lesser extent Crane get a chance from the start but it won't happen imo.

J-C
04-03-2017, 10:59 AM
People have Bartley in their team, we do not need a DM in against a team like Ayr, we need a midfield that can get us on the front foot and drive.

TheFamous1875
04-03-2017, 11:08 AM
Ofir.

Gray (c). Forster. Ambrose. Stevenson.

Boyle. Martin. McGinn. Crane.

Cummings. Holt.

Go at them with hunger from the youth and drive. Attack them and get the result. It'll never happen, though. We'll probably see a Shinnie, Bartley, Fyvie diamond and a struggle to dominate the game without width; Fyvie and McGinn's effectiveness negated by our own management's ineptitude.

Lancs Harp
04-03-2017, 11:12 AM
People have Bartley in their team, we do not need a DM in against a team like Ayr, we need a midfield that can get us on the front foot and drive.

Dont gree with that personally JC.

Im hoping Forster will be fit but if its a pairing Ambrose and Maclean (who I supspect might not be 100% match fit) then a midfield anchor is required in front of them. For me the biggest problem we had last week after Fontaine got injured was that we had a make shift center back in Bartley who got no help at all in front of him as Dunfermline just walked through our midfield. McGinn, Fyvie and Shinnie couldnt produce a tackle to save their lives last week as well as surrendering too much space and were totally defensively inept.

Smartie
04-03-2017, 11:14 AM
Ofir.

Gray (c). Forster. Ambrose. Stevenson.

Boyle. Martin. McGinn. Crane.

Cummings. Holt.

Go at them with hunger from the youth and drive. Attack them and get the result. It'll never happen, though. We'll probably see a Shinnie, Bartley, Fyvie diamond and a struggle to dominate the game without width; Fyvie and McGinn's effectiveness negated by our own management's ineptitude.

That's a bit harsh.

Most managers have moved away from a flat 4-4-2 out of fear of being dominated in the middle of the park. If Ayr come and flood the midfield in a pragmatic 4-5-1 then Martin and McGinn might struggle. Under those circumstances you can find yourself getting outnumbered through the middle and doubled up on down the flanks.

That said, I think your team is close to what I would like to see play. I would like to see us being less scared of what the other team is going to do and really get at teams.

We clearly have a lot of talented players but the tactics and combinations of players aren't getting the best out of them at the moment, particularly the midfielders.

Billy Whizz
04-03-2017, 11:20 AM
Seemingly we haven't beaten Ayr at home in 19 years, time we buried that hoodoo

Vault Boy
04-03-2017, 11:22 AM
Glad to hear Forster should be back. I rate him and we definitely need to start getting bodies back in the squad. Hopefully a different midfield starts today.

Onion
04-03-2017, 11:23 AM

:agree: Bartley has been sensational against teams that attack us. Ayr will be doing little attacking and we need all the creativity and movement as we can muster.

dchibs
04-03-2017, 11:24 AM

It was Humphrey that Cairney beat in a 50/50.

1van Sprou7e
04-03-2017, 11:30 AM

Yeah boxing day 1998 was apparently the last time

Nakedmanoncrack
04-03-2017, 11:38 AM

I was there, tbf how many times have we played them since then?

1van Sprou7e
04-03-2017, 11:41 AM
I was there, tbf how many times have we played them since then?

9 times, but only 3 at home

makaveli1875
04-03-2017, 12:01 PM
rocky

gray
mclean
ambrose
stevenson

keatings
martin
mcginn
shinnie

cummings
holt

Golden Bear
04-03-2017, 12:08 PM
rocky

gray
mclean
ambrose
stevenson

keatings
martin
mcginn
shinnie

cummings
holt

Not a bad looking team.

GreenCastle
04-03-2017, 12:32 PM

Is this correct??!!

Mclean hasn't played a competitive match since October.

Saying that not sure when's Efe had his last game before Wednesday and he was fine.

Crookie88
04-03-2017, 02:02 PM
Don't know how we've not managed to beat them. When I've seen them play granted not that many I've thought they have been very poor.

Wigson13
04-03-2017, 02:08 PM
Dont gree with that personally JC.

Im hoping Forster will be fit but if its a pairing Ambrose and Maclean (who I supspect might not be 100% match fit) then a midfield anchor is required in front of them. For me the biggest problem we had last week after Fontaine got injured was that we had a make shift center back in Bartley who got no help at all in front of him as Dunfermline just walked through our midfield. McGinn, Fyvie and Shinnie couldnt produce a tackle to save their lives last week as well as surrendering too much space and were totally defensively inept.

Problem in that game was that McGinn and fyvie had both been booked