PDA

View Full Version : Since 1875 - Singing Section - Apply By 23 March

Since1875Hibs
28-02-2017, 06:49 AM
In 2010 our new East Stand was unveiled. This completed the transformation of our home, Easter Road. However, this change also brought the end of an era for many supporters who were regularly attendees in the old East Terrace.

Whilst a sell-out Easter Road is a spectacle to behold and many unrivalled, electric atmospheres have been generated since 2010, it’s also recognised that our ground has lost a bit of its “edge”.

For the past six years we have worked together as a group, along with the wider support, in an attempt to restore the “edge” back into Easter Road by vocally backing team and adding colour to the stands. This initially started as a small group at the back of Section 43 which grew over a number of years. For a variety of reasons, the group relocated to the front of Section 43 a couple of years later.

It’s recognised and fed back regularly from the wider support that this location simply did not work, visually or acoustically.
When collating feedback from supporters before matches and on the message boards regarding the future location of the singing section, the unanimous and undisputed answer was “behind the goals”.

All stands at Easter Road are largely populated with season ticket holders and therefore it was a challenge to find a bigger, better location without disrupting too many other supporters, who understandably may not wish to relocate. In cooperation with the club and supporters in this area, we have agreed to transform Section 25 of the Famous Five Upper into the “singing section” from next season.

We appreciate some supporters may choose to stay in their current seats; however our vision is to have the whole stadium making a noise. We believe the heart of this should be at the centre of the stadium and with the new section we will be in the between the East and West stands. Therefore, we would invite all supporters who want to vocally back the team throughout each match, win, lose or draw to join us Section 25 of the Famous Five Upper next season.

To do this, please go to www.bornahibee.com/4/ and download the application. You need to complete this, in full and return to famousfive@hibernianfc.co.uk. The deadline for applications is Monday 23 March.

After this date, those who have successfully secured a seat in this area will be contacted by the club to arrange the payment of their season ticket. The deadline for payments will be set at 7 April 2017, in line with the early bird/payment plan deadlines.

Since 1875 are indebted to the supporters for their financial backing and moral support over the years and we’d once again ask you to support us in transforming Easter Road into an unrivalled and renowned home for Hibernian Football Club.

Glory Glory To The Hibees

hfc-1875
28-02-2017, 06:57 AM
Couldn't think of a worse place for a singing section than the famous 5 upper. Hopefully it works out and generates a decent atmosphere for all games and not just the sell outs.

SChibs
28-02-2017, 06:58 AM
I'm all for this and I'll be applying but can I just ask why you need to fill out applications and stuff? Why can't people just buy a season ticket in the section. It seems like all the other stuff might put people off

Since1875Hibs
28-02-2017, 07:01 AM
I'm all for this and I'll be applying but can I just ask why you need to fill out applications and stuff? Why can't people just buy a season ticket in the section. It seems like all the other stuff might put people off

It's to allow us to group friends/family together in this section and to monitor Under 11s to ensure they are accompained by an Adult.

The application is very straightforward and will take around 30secs.

If I can help, drop me a PM.

SChibs
28-02-2017, 07:15 AM
It's to allow us to group friends/family together in this section and to monitor Under 11s to ensure they are accompained by an Adult.

The application is very straightforward and will take around 30secs.

If I can help, drop me a PM.

No problem, that's actually quite helpful as me and my 2 brothers are gonna come up and I wasn't sure if we'd get tickets togeher. It won't let me open the application on my phone so I'll try again after work

Pretty Boy
28-02-2017, 07:17 AM
'In cooperation with the club and supporters in this area'.

Not strictly true. The 1st those of us who sit there at the moment knew of these plans was when we received a letter saying you either have to move or sit in amongst the singing section. I've no issue with moving, and have actually ended up with better seats now, but people already sitting in 25 weren't involved in this process at all.

Since1875Hibs
28-02-2017, 07:17 AM
I've contacted Hibs re button not working from Smartphones.

Scouse Hibee
28-02-2017, 07:18 AM
Best of luck with this, hope it works out and you contribute to a great atmosphere at Easter Road.

wearethehibs
28-02-2017, 07:29 AM
Think this is a great idea.

We saw on Saturday, the noise generated by 10 or so guys in hospitality.

Imagine the atmosphere that could be generated with 300 people all going for it for the full 90 minutes.

NAE NOOKIE
28-02-2017, 07:36 AM
Just so long as they don't bring that noisy drum :zzzzz!:

BoomtownHibees
28-02-2017, 07:49 AM
In 2010 our new East Stand was unveiled. This completed the transformation of our home, Easter Road. However, this change also brought the end of an era for many supporters who were regularly attendees in the old East Terrace.

Whilst a sell-out Easter Road is a spectacle to behold and many unrivalled, electric atmospheres have been generated since 2010, it’s also recognised that our ground has lost a bit of its “edge”.

For the past six years we have worked together as a group, along with the wider support, in an attempt to restore the “edge” back into Easter Road by vocally backing team and adding colour to the stands. This initially started as a small group at the back of Section 43 which grew over a number of years. For a variety of reasons, the group relocated to the front of Section 43 a couple of years later.

It’s recognised and fed back regularly from the wider support that this location simply did not work, visually or acoustically.
When collating feedback from supporters before matches and on the message boards regarding the future location of the singing section, the unanimous and undisputed answer was “behind the goals”.

All stands at Easter Road are largely populated with season ticket holders and therefore it was a challenge to find a bigger, better location without disrupting too many other supporters, who understandably may not wish to relocate. In cooperation with the club and supporters in this area, we have agreed to transform Section 25 of the Famous Five Upper into the “singing section” from next season.

We appreciate some supporters may choose to stay in their current seats; however our vision is to have the whole stadium making a noise. We believe the heart of this should be at the centre of the stadium and with the new section we will be in the between the East and West stands. Therefore, we would invite all supporters who want to vocally back the team throughout each match, win, lose or draw to join us Section 25 of the Famous Five Upper next season.

To do this, please go to www.bornahibee.com/4/ and download the application. You need to complete this, in full and return to famousfive@hibernianfc.co.uk. The deadline for applications is Monday 23 March.

After this date, those who have successfully secured a seat in this area will be contacted by the club to arrange the payment of their season ticket. The deadline for payments will be set at 7 April 2017, in line with the early bird/payment plan deadlines.

Since 1875 are indebted to the supporters for their financial backing and moral support over the years and we’d once again ask you to support us in transforming Easter Road into an unrivalled and renowned home for Hibernian Football Club.

Is that you guys released the season ticket info before the club?

Dibben
28-02-2017, 08:36 AM

Looks that way!!!

marinello59
28-02-2017, 08:54 AM

They have. :greengrin

BoomtownHibees
28-02-2017, 08:59 AM
They have. :greengrin

The club will be delighted by that

I see you now can't access the site

ColinNish
28-02-2017, 09:00 AM
The club will be delighted by that

Ach well, they should have been on the ball and had their info on the website at 12am!! :greengrin

BoomtownHibees
28-02-2017, 09:01 AM
Ach well, they should have been on the ball and had there info on the website at 12am!! :greengrin

Haha. It's good to now know the info.

Access to the site has now been password protected

hibbysam
28-02-2017, 09:03 AM

I am being asked for a password to enter the site? Apologies if I have missed it.

Salt N Sauzee
28-02-2017, 09:10 AM
Famous Five Upper is the last place I would of put a singing section, strange choice.

Alex Trager
28-02-2017, 09:10 AM
I am being asked for a password to enter the site? Apologies if I have missed it.

It seems it is due to season ticket info being there and the club didn't want it released atm...

Scottie
28-02-2017, 09:17 AM
Best of luck with this, hope it works out and you contribute to a great atmosphere at Easter Road.
:agree: The difference these guy's make to the atmosphere is unbelievable. Hope the move work's out well. :aok:

Since1875Hibs
28-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Hibs inadvertently had the site go live before 12pm. It will be back available then along with announcements through other official channels.

JimBHibees
28-02-2017, 09:52 AM
Famous Five Upper is the last place I would of put a singing section, strange choice.

Not sure it is in the middle of the 3 stands and the noise from there should hopefully get other stands involved more. The group of fans signing on Saturday from the top of the west stand seemed to get the other stands going as being high up the noise travels better i think.

overdrive
28-02-2017, 09:56 AM

Not strictly true. The 1st those of us who sit there at the moment knew of these plans was when we received a letter saying you either have to move or sit in amongst the singing section. I've no issue with moving, and have actually ended up with better seats now, but people already sitting in 25 weren't involved in this process at all.

Indeed. Sounds like you have got a response from the Club. Me and my dad haven't.

Albanian Hibs
28-02-2017, 10:00 AM
Think me and the husband will come over and join you next season. Sat in the FF upper when it was first built and the view up there is cracking.

scooby
28-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Just so long as they don't bring that noisy drum :zzzzz!:

Love the drum 🎧

CallumHibs07
28-02-2017, 11:08 AM
Good idea but also think it's a bad location - singing section should be close to the pitch. The club should be doing their bit to help.

HappyAsHellas
28-02-2017, 11:15 AM
I would view this as a test run by the club to find out the numbers interested, and how it works out. We seem to be taking a long term view here which can only be a good thing.

BSEJVT
28-02-2017, 11:16 AM
What about if folk stopped repeating the same old moans about the location?

Its tedious as hell

It is where it is and they have explained why it is there previously, you can either go or not go.

This site should be sponsored by the Samaritans as all folk do is come on it and moan there tits off about everything and anything.

Albanian Hibs
28-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Good idea but also think it's a bad location - singing section should be close to the pitch. The club should be doing their bit to help.

They are close to the pitch now

Lee Marvin
28-02-2017, 11:20 AM

Its tedious as hell

It is where it is and they have explained why it is there previously, you can either go or not go.

This site should be sponsored by the Samaritans as all folk do is come on it and moan there tits off about everything and anything.

Good post.

I have previously questioned the location but it's done now so let's all get behind it and make it work. Hopefully can fill thst whole section with like minded folks.

RCNG
28-02-2017, 11:47 AM

You need to find a dictionary and read what the word 'unanimous' means.

franks
28-02-2017, 11:57 AM
I sit in the FF upper (not sect.25) and looking forward to this. It should certainly improve my match day experience and hope the move is successful.

SChibs
28-02-2017, 12:00 PM

Needless post.

Geo_1875
28-02-2017, 12:04 PM

They can only refer to people who have responded to their question and it may well be unanimous.

RCNG
28-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Needless post.

Needless post.

WS Hibs
28-02-2017, 12:11 PM
Moving back soon and I'll be getting my season ticket up there. Can't wait! :flag:

Peanut Shaz
28-02-2017, 12:14 PM

Agreed. And I have E mailed Leeann about this. No consultation whatsoever, very one sided.

thebakerboy
28-02-2017, 12:36 PM
I have also e-mailed the club about this matter and have received not even an acknowledgement from them. I think it will upset the atmosphere in this stand which at present is mainly filled with family groups and groups of older fans who have been attending ER for many years(60 + in my case). Bringing this section and their drum etc up there may drive some people out and some may not renew their ST . I intend to renew my ticket because I consider my seat to be one of the best at ER but if I find that this group impinge on my enjoyment as I think they will I will be reassessing my position and try to find somewhere else to sit but I have after over 60 years and some great memories found something that may cause me to stop attending matches while I am still fit and able.

WS Hibs
28-02-2017, 12:39 PM
I have also e-mailed the club about this matter and have received not even an acknowledgement from them. I think it will upset the atmosphere in this stand which at present is mainly filled with family groups and groups of older fans who have been attending ER for many years(60 + in my case). Bringing this section and their drum etc up there may drive some people out and some may not renew their ST . I intend to renew my ticket because I consider my seat to be one of the best at ER but if I find that this group impinge on my enjoyment as I think they will I will be reassessing my position and try to find somewhere else to sit but I have after over 60 years and some great memories found something that may cause me to stop attending matches while I am still fit and able.

Not having a go, because you're perfectly entitled to your opinion, but genuinely curious - what do you reckon they might do to impinge on your enjoyment?

Pretty Boy
28-02-2017, 12:44 PM
Not having a go, because you're perfectly entitled to your opinion, but genuinely curious - what do you reckon they might do to impinge on your enjoyment?

Probably exactly the sort of issue that could have been discussed/acknowledged had there been a proper consulation process with those already in situ.

Swedish hibee
28-02-2017, 01:00 PM
I wish you well but what a very strange place to put the singing section.. totally out the way. Great view though.

overdrive
28-02-2017, 01:05 PM

Well, for example, I have sat a few seats away from the wheelchair platform since the stand opened. I believe the drum will be on the platform next year banging away in my ear which is both annoying and not ideal for me as I have issues with my inner ear. I say believe because we have only heard this via word of mouth rather than anything official due to lack of consultation and non-replies to emails.

WS Hibs
28-02-2017, 01:31 PM
Probably exactly the sort of issue that could have been discussed/acknowledged had there been a proper consulation process with those already in situ.

Agree with you on that. Hibs have improved a lot on communication recently but still make schoolboy errors sometimes.

Alex Trager
28-02-2017, 01:47 PM

Waw. Some input that

wearethehibs
28-02-2017, 02:04 PM
Sometimes change isn't a bad thing folks.

Really hope this works out and people wondr why this wasn't done sooner

ColinNish
28-02-2017, 02:11 PM
Well, for example, I have sat a few seats away from the wheelchair platform since the stand opened. I believe the drum will be on the platform next year banging away in my ear which is both annoying and not ideal for me as I have issues with my inner ear. I say believe because we have only heard this via word of mouth rather than anything official due to lack of consultation and non-replies to emails.

Is there a wheelchair platform in the FF upper? Never knew that.

28-02-2017, 02:20 PM
Famous five upper is the last place i'd put it. Furthest bit away from the away supporters and away up high. Being close to the pitch like section 43 is now is far better as its much louder for the players. I get the reason behind choosing the FF upper is to minimise disruption to fans who don't wish to relocate but I really don't think its a very good place for the singing section.

Scouse Hibee
28-02-2017, 02:33 PM
Famous five upper is the last place i'd put it. Furthest bit away from the away supporters and away up high. Being close to the pitch like section 43 is now is far better as its much louder for the players. I get the reason behind choosing the FF upper is to minimise disruption to fans who don't wish to relocate but I really don't think its a very good place for the singing section.

I'm not a sound engineer but from what I understand about acoustics it's not all about being closer to the players, being higher up in the stand means that the sound has a barrier (the roof and or the side of the stand) to bounce off and therefore make it sound louder. I think you may be surprised about how effective the new location is.

Lancs Harp
28-02-2017, 02:34 PM
I would say that noise generated at the front of any stand is quickly lost. Accoustics are always much better further under the roof. I sit at the other end of the East and quite often despite the best efforts of the boys in section 43 it comes across as little more than a mumble. I agree with the change might be better line, apart from big matches the atmosphere at ER is lacking a bit at times.

28-02-2017, 02:40 PM
I'm not a sound engineer but from what I understand about acoustics it's not all about being closer to the players, being higher up in the stand means that the sound has a barrier (the roof and or the side of the stand) to bounce off and therefore make it sound louder. I think you may be surprised about how effective the new location is.

I hope so, I really want it to be a success, I just have my doubts.

Big_Franck
28-02-2017, 02:41 PM

Agreed. Famous five upper and fairly central would not have been the best of places for it IMO. Famous five upper and tucked away right in the corner is the worst possible area for it.

overdrive
28-02-2017, 03:57 PM
Is there a wheelchair platform in the FF upper? Never knew that.

Yep, at the front of the upper tier closest to the East. That won't be in use next season anyway as disabled access to the FF Upper is ceasing due to the Health Hub.

Maz
28-02-2017, 04:15 PM
Yep, at the front of the upper tier closest to the East. That won't be in use next season anyway as disabled access to the FF Upper is ceasing due to the Health Hub.

Has anyone with a lift pass been officially told there will be no lift access next season? Surely these folks will get first choice to pick new seats too. After all they are being moved, through no choice of their own. Even more so than the fans in Section 25 who have the choice to stay. Lots of people are going to have to move if there is no lift. Does anyone know if this is for one season only?

GordonHFC
28-02-2017, 04:19 PM
Has anyone with a lift pass been officially told there will be no lift access next season? Surely these folks will get first choice to pick new seats too. After all they are being moved, through no choice of their own. Even more so than the fans in Section 25 who have the choice to stay. Lots of people are going to have to move if there is no lift. Does anyone know if this is for one season only?

It was mentioned in the letter I got re moving my seat. The lift is apparently going to be in the area occupied by this new medical group thingie.

overdrive
28-02-2017, 04:23 PM

As Gordon said, it was mentioned in the letter but I've no idea if others in the FF have been told. I'd imagine probably not, as my dad got the same standard letter about the singing section as me and he has a lift pass. The lift thing is actually more of an issue for us. No mention if it is for one season or not.

In my dad's email to Hibs he pointed out that surely the doors to the Health Hub could be locked on match day to allow the lift to go up. No response though, a week later.

Callyballybe
28-02-2017, 04:31 PM
Love the drum 🎧

Seconded. Fantastic addition to the support.

stantonhibby
28-02-2017, 04:33 PM
It was mentioned in the letter I got re moving my seat. The lift is apparently going to be in the area occupied by this new medical group thingie.

So what's happening to BTG then, is that moving?

Keith_M
28-02-2017, 04:34 PM

Its tedious as hell

:agree:

It gets really boring listening to the same complaints over and over, despite the number of times people have explained the reasons.

overdrive
28-02-2017, 04:37 PM
So what's happening to BTG then, is that moving?

It is shutting due to the Health Hub and possibly moving elsewhere but I don't know where.

dp00
28-02-2017, 04:53 PM
Good on you guys, hope it's successful

The club are giving them a platform and I'm sure if they do well and the uptake is popular then the club will look to move them to better location. As a club we ask for change all the time then when change happens we get Humpty about it.

These young lads are the future of hibs. Everyone should be supporting them for there efforts . If you don't fancy the noise then surely you could get a season ticket in another area, pretty much every seat in any stand now gives you a decent view these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maz
28-02-2017, 04:54 PM
As Gordon said, it was mentioned in the letter but I've no idea if others in the FF have been told. I'd imagine probably not, as my dad got the same standard letter about the singing section as me and he has a lift pass. The lift thing is actually more of an issue for us. No mention if it is for one season or not.

In my dad's email to Hibs he pointed out that surely the doors to the Health Hub could be locked on match day to allow the lift to go up. No response though, a week later.

As someone previously said communication is better now but they do let themselves down badly at times. Who did your Dad email? I'd be tempted to go straight to Leanne. Singing Section not an issue for us either but no lift access most definitely is. Perhaps the Fans Reps could take this on.

beensaidbefore
28-02-2017, 05:25 PM
Doesn't matter what section of the ground was chosen, folk would object. Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

Sean1875
28-02-2017, 05:27 PM
It is shutting due to the Health Hub and possibly moving elsewhere but I don't know where.

Moving into the west stand supposedly.. thats purely word of mouth though.

A Hi-Bee
28-02-2017, 05:30 PM
Good to see and will be good to hear that the singing section is going back to where it belongs as in behind the goals how well some of us may remember the times in the shed behind the goals with nothing between us and hundreds of morons from the two cheeks to the yams all singing at once to try and outdo each other.
The singing was one thing the battles and bottle not to mention other sharp instruments was another, but made for some atmosphere at the old Easter Road.
:flag::flag:

H18 SFR
28-02-2017, 05:42 PM
Any idea where the drummer plans to be located within the new singing section? Top, middle or bottom of the section.

NAE NOOKIE
28-02-2017, 05:58 PM
As someone previously said communication is better now but they do let themselves down badly at times. Who did your Dad email? I'd be tempted to go straight to Leanne. Singing Section not an issue for us either but no lift access most definitely is. Perhaps the Fans Reps could take this on.

Yeh, even though I'm a huge fan of the singing section moving to the FF it is a bit strange that the lift will be out of bounds or unusable. That's not just an issue for people who are recognised as disabled, its a hell of a climb for the elderly as well and effectively closes off the best vantage point ( IMO ) in the stadium to anybody who finds such a long climb a problem.

There are no lifts in the east for obvious reasons so that bumps anybody who wants to sit in an upper deck vantage point to the west stand, unless of course Hibs are planning some super duper development for the FF / East corner :cool2:

HappyHibeeAG
28-02-2017, 06:02 PM
The move has a lot of potential. Sitting in the lower with my kids and all the kids around me they are desperate to get involved with singing and atmosphere. Having the drum above them will hopefully encourage them more, and ultimately the parents too!!

HappyHibeeAG
28-02-2017, 06:03 PM
Although i personally would have thought "visually" the lower directly behind the goals would have been a better site?

Since1875Hibs
28-02-2017, 06:03 PM
Any idea where the drummer plans to be located within the new singing section? Top, middle or bottom of the section.

A podium is being built for drummer/capo. Will be at the bottom.

H18 SFR
28-02-2017, 06:20 PM

What a wonderful idea.

CapitalGreen
28-02-2017, 06:22 PM

Looking forward to similar scenes to this when the singing section fully takes off and you guys occupy the full North upper!

http://www.sonointerista.it/media/galeria/64/2/3/5/6/n_inter_sfondi-4956532.jpg

ronaldo7
28-02-2017, 06:34 PM
Good on you guys, hope it's successful

The club are giving them a platform and I'm sure if they do well and the uptake is popular then the club will look to move them to better location. As a club we ask for change all the time then when change happens we get Humpty about it.

These young lads are the future of hibs. Everyone should be supporting them for there efforts . If you don't fancy the noise then surely you could get a season ticket in another area, pretty much every seat in any stand now gives you a decent view these days

:agree: Imagine in a few years, the top tier of the FF full to bursting with a singing section. Braw.

BullsCloseHibs
28-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Good luck lads!

Hope you make it as noisy as possible 😊

Get the drums going!

GGTTH

A Hi-Bee
28-02-2017, 06:59 PM
:agree: Imagine in a few years, the top tier of the FF full to bursting with a singing section. Braw.

A bit like Brondby away only bigger an better, are they allowed to bring in the big flags wi poles to wave around just before kick off.

Peanut Shaz
28-02-2017, 07:32 PM
Doesn't matter what section of the ground was chosen, folk would object. Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

I've no objections tbh but it would have been nice to have been included in the decision, rather than told to like it or lump it.

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2017, 07:43 PM
While i think it's a great move for the singing section, i do see problems for them. I can see plenty of regulars getting the hump with the noise of the drum, and perhaps the behaviour of some of the youngsters.

Hopefully they take over the whole stand in time, with like minded supporters, and create a special end that drives the team forward and the other two stands are encouraged to join in too.

Since1875Hibs
28-02-2017, 08:06 PM
We are aware of the difficulty the majority of you appear to be having with the application on the website. This has been fed back to the club. In the meantime, please send an email with the following context. For groups, complete the template for each person.

Name -
Address‎ -
Client ref -
Email address -

Price class (select one)
Adult
Child (0-11)
Youth (12-17)
Student
Senior (65+)

Signed (your name) -
Date -

Send to famousfive@hibernianfc.co.uk

beensaidbefore
28-02-2017, 08:23 PM
I've no objections tbh but it would have been nice to have been included in the decision, rather than told to like it or lump it.

I think you're right. Perhaps it's been rushed through a bit rather than waiting another year where it might lose some momentum. Seemes to be quite a lot of enthusiasm for it at the moment.

28-02-2017, 08:47 PM
I am an old git sitting in the FF upper leathers and think it's a great idea. The lift thing ain't.

Vini1875
28-02-2017, 10:17 PM
I think it is a good idea to have it in section 25. The enclosed space will hold and throw out sound for the rest of the stadium to hear and join in. I think having the singing section low down in a the East lost a lot of the noise. As has been said before, listen to the noise caused by a few guys up the back of the West Stand on Saturday.

Good luck, hope this grows as a place for the young team, drum and all to congregate.

Black Kyle
05-03-2017, 07:34 PM
First thoughts on this is that it's a poor idea. Noise and atmosphere generated by Section 43 front to back gets the whole stadium going already so why change that? Is is really a good idea to have this beside / above the Family Section? What might happen is that the current signing / standing section gets split leading to a poorer atmosphere - unless more drummers come on board! Not convinced that this isn't the Clubs way of solving perceived problems (standing / noise in concourse / issues with pitch invasion / closeness to away fans) by making out it's in the team's /fans interest to change.

Albanian Hibs
05-03-2017, 07:53 PM
I applied the other day using the email address and template above but I haven't had any sort of confirmation email back?

Carheenlea
05-03-2017, 07:57 PM
Was there any problems with getting the drum into St Mirren in midweek there? You kind of get used to it and really notice when it's not there, and the atmosphere as a result was very flat. Of course, what was happening on the pitch didn't help!

Since1875Hibs
05-03-2017, 10:00 PM
I applied the other day using the email address and template above but I haven't had any sort of confirmation email back?

Working on this with Hibs to add an auto bounce back.

Rest assured your email has been received and your place is secure, as not all the seats are filled yet.

Sir David Gray
05-03-2017, 10:07 PM
I would have been interested in applying for a seat in this section. However I use a wheelchair and unfortunately the club has decided that there won't be any access to this area of the stadium for me next season.

I'll need to stay in my usual seat in the east stand.

Ronniekirk
05-03-2017, 10:15 PM
Working on this with Hibs to add an auto bounce back.

Rest assured your email has been received and your place is secure, as not all the seats are filled yet.

How many seats have you been allocated I like to sit near the cutrent section so i can join in
But i like sitting in the East and when i bring other people t games its rasy wnough to get tickets but these other folk wont be buying Season Tickets

WS Hibs
05-03-2017, 10:56 PM
How many seats have you been allocated I like to sit near the cutrent section so i can join in
But i like sitting in the East and when i bring other people t games its rasy wnough to get tickets but these other folk wont be buying Season Tickets

I think I read somewhere it's roughly 300, the number 270 sticks out in my head.

Since1875Hibs
06-03-2017, 06:10 AM

There are 270 seats in the section, some of which are already allocated to supporters who sit in this area.

The intention/aim is to have this full of STs, with any waiting list spilling into the section next to it and so forth.

It's unlikely there will be any walk-up tickets available in this section.

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2017, 07:36 AM
There are 270 seats in the section, some of which are already allocated to supporters who sit in this area.

The intention/aim is to have this full of STs, with any waiting list spilling into the section next to it and so forth.

It's unlikely there will be any walk-up tickets available in this section.

Absolute madness in my opinion, am i the only one who can see the problems this is bound to cause?

tamig
06-03-2017, 07:46 AM
Absolute madness in my opinion, am i the only one who can see the problems this is bound to cause?

In what way? I thought the folk who already sit there had the option to move or stay. If they've chosen to stay maybe they're party people.

Since1875Hibs
06-03-2017, 07:57 AM

There are a very small number of STs in this area already. The majority were given the choice to stay or move and I understand 50% have relocated and 50% are happy and wish to stay and participate.

GreenCastle
06-03-2017, 08:55 AM
There are a very small number of STs in this area already. The majority were given the choice to stay or move and I understand 50% have relocated and 50% are happy and wish to stay and participate.

Few questions / ideas....

Will you ever do displays from the top tier with flags ? You see some good displays abroad over 2 tiers.

Ever thought about meeting as a group outside the stadium and marching up to the ground? I've seen this at away matches etc (tynecastle etc) - but surely score to meet and march up Hawkhil Avenue or St Clair street as a group.

Flags - these should be left out and displayed at back of the east stand every game. Haven't seen it for a few years but the flag day looked good when It last happened.

Ever thought about getting a megaphone for chants ? Main guy leads it and rest join in?

Also giving flags on poles to ball kids behind the goals to wave when we score a goal. Keeps them busy and makes it more than sitting in cold waiting for a ball.

Finally I challenge you guys to find a song for every Hibs player - amazing Paul Hanlon doesn't have a decent song for example.

Good luck with the move - I'm keeping my seat in the east but love the work and atmosphere you bring home and away.

Since1875Hibs
06-03-2017, 11:48 AM

Will you ever do displays from the top tier with flags ? You see some good displays abroad over 2 tiers.

Ever thought about meeting as a group outside the stadium and marching up to the ground? I've seen this at away matches etc (tynecastle etc) - but surely score to meet and march up Hawkhil Avenue or St Clair street as a group.

Flags - these should be left out and displayed at back of the east stand every game. Haven't seen it for a few years but the flag day looked good when It last happened.

Ever thought about getting a megaphone for chants ? Main guy leads it and rest join in?

Also giving flags on poles to ball kids behind the goals to wave when we score a goal. Keeps them busy and makes it more than sitting in cold waiting for a ball.

Finally I challenge you guys to find a song for every Hibs player - amazing Paul Hanlon doesn't have a decent song for example.

Good luck with the move - I'm keeping my seat in the east but love the work and atmosphere you bring home and away.

Yes to displays - adding colour to the stands is a key objective and we have plans in place in the summer to start preparing this.

Megaphone has been permitted by the club next season and they are allowing us to build a platform for drum/capo.

overdrive
06-03-2017, 11:56 AM

The ones round about us are staying, not necessarily to join in but because they have sat there for 20-odd years and don't want to lose what are great seats. There is a bit of sticking two fingers up at the Club due to the lack of consultation as well. We would be staying too if it weren't for the lift issue (if the person LD said would contact us ever does).

hibee_nation
06-03-2017, 01:21 PM
The ones round about us are staying, not necessarily to join in but because they have sat there for 20-odd years and don't want to lose what are great seats. There is a bit of sticking two fingers up at the Club due to the lack of consultation as well. We would be staying too if it weren't for the lift issue (if the person LD said would contact us ever does).

Are they going to be happy standing for the 90 mins or will they be calling for stewards to get the singing section to sit down.

H18 SFR
06-03-2017, 01:24 PM

This is a fantastic post, I hope that you get involved with the group.

Thegreenside
06-03-2017, 01:25 PM
Hope it makes the atmosphere better but the ff upper would be the last place I would have a singing section

overdrive
06-03-2017, 01:43 PM
Are they going to be happy standing for the 90 mins or will they be calling for stewards to get the singing section to sit down.

Front row

WS Hibs
06-03-2017, 01:47 PM
Front row

And they're really happy to put up with the racket they're going to make? Fair play to them :greengrin

hibee_nation
06-03-2017, 01:51 PM
And they're really happy to put up with the racket they're going to make? Fair play to them :greengrin

They will be easy to spot in the front row sitting down wearing the ear muffs. :greengrin

GreenCastle
06-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Yes to displays - adding colour to the stands is a key objective and we have plans in place in the summer to start preparing this.

Megaphone has been permitted by the club next season and they are allowing us to build a platform for drum/capo.

Thanks for the reply.

I would encourage you to try get the back of the East covered and more Hibs related flags throughout stadium. Hopefully the club allow you to do some prematch banners/ displays over the advertising boards in the FF stand before kick off as displays like Time For Heroes which were excellent.

You should definitely try and speak with club about getting flags for the ball boys and girls to wave before match and if a goal goes in.

Megaphone should be interesting along with a platform.

A positive of the FF may be that inspires the younger generation to be involved / sing along and these are the future of the club.

Maybe also do a few chants towards the East Stand - FF sings one part...East Stand sings next...some clubs do this and works well. Maybe even entice the West to sing back...to be fair they have been good this season :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
06-03-2017, 03:47 PM
Well done to those involved. Easter Road atmosphere second to none at the moment

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2017, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I would encourage you to try get the back of the East covered and more Hibs related flags throughout stadium. Hopefully the club allow you to do some prematch banners/ displays over the advertising boards in the FF stand before kick off as displays like Time For Heroes which were excellent.

You should definitely try and speak with club about getting flags for the ball boys and girls to wave before match and if a goal goes in.

A positive of the FF may be that inspires the younger generation to be involved / sing along and these are the future of the club.

Maybe also do a few chants towards the East Stand - FF sings one part...East Stand sings next...some clubs do this and works well. Maybe even entice the West to sing back...to be fair they have been good this season :greengrin

Oh please no .... they do that at the likes of Arsenal and it looks utterly fake and far too staged. Hibs do a few things that have class, one is not having a stupid bloody mascot on the pitch and the other is not having a line of folk with flags forming a guard of honour as the team comes out ... not having a club provided flag that some poor wee ball boy / girl has to wave like an eejit at a goal has be another
:flag:

cabbageandribs1875
07-03-2017, 02:23 AM

excellent, can you use it to shout over to us in the east stand just exactly what the guy on the pitch with the mic is saying, much appreciated :thumbsup::flag:

or is the club trying to solve the speaker problems on the cheap :)

Dashing Bob S
07-03-2017, 03:50 AM
I love the way they ask you to apply. Will there be an interview? Do you have to perform a song and show vocal range or composing ingenuity?

We should make it a Hibernian's Got Talent or Hibs Idol type show. I want to thank my mum and dad and God already.

Dashing Bob S
07-03-2017, 04:03 AM
Can we return to the 80's and designate the section of the East next to the away stand as the 'threatening section'? Here you avoid looking at the game, instead staring across at the opposition fans and making 'come ahead' gestures, or run your finger down your own face simulating a slash mark when somebody makes eye contact. You also have to wear Stone Island and sovereign rings.

Since1875Hibs
07-03-2017, 06:51 AM
I love the way they ask you to apply. Will there be an interview? Do you have to perform a song and show vocal range or composing ingenuity?

We should make it a Hibernian's Got Talent or Hibs Idol type show. I want to thank my mum and dad and God already.

The purpose of the application is to help groups of supporters sit together. It was also to confirm interest before releasing them.

ColinNish
07-03-2017, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the reply.

It takes the ball boys all their time to get the ball back into play, could you imagine the carry on if you gave them a flag to wave? 👎

Waxy
07-03-2017, 08:18 AM
Well done to those involved. Easter Road atmosphere second to none at the moment
Defo

ronaldo7
07-03-2017, 10:21 AM

Brilliant stuff.

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2017, 01:38 PM

The purpose of the application is to help groups of supporters sit together. It was also to confirm interest before releasing them.

Nah ..... I like Dashing Bob's idea better. I can see failed candidates storming out of the FF in tears saying .... 'they's fools, they don't know what they's talking about ... I'm gonna make it big then they'll be sorry !!!

Now then, what's your name? ..... ah Ringo, that's unusual .... have you any drumming experience? :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
07-03-2017, 01:51 PM

Surely it's a pedestal :wink:

southsider
07-03-2017, 02:12 PM
We need as many fans as possible at ER. Kids can sit anywhere at FF prices. Introduce A & B s t 's. A = Hertz, OF, maybe Aberdeen and B is rest of fixtures. Give Susan whole lower tier of Dumbar End for B games. Fans of the future. A win/win.

marinello59
07-03-2017, 02:23 PM
We need as many fans as possible at ER. Kids can sit anywhere at FF prices. Introduce A & B s t 's. A = Hertz, OF, maybe Aberdeen and B is rest of fixtures. Give Susan whole lower tier of Dumbar End for B games. Fans of the future. A win/win.

If we want to let all kids in at £25 a season then Adult ST prices would need to rise to cover the shortfall wouldn't they? There's no point in encouraging fans who may come in the future if we price out those who are paying now. I reckon Hibs have the pricing structure just about right as it is now.

Betty Boop
07-03-2017, 02:25 PM

Who's Susan ?

southsider
07-03-2017, 02:28 PM
Who's Susan ?
Does KFK

Ozyhibby
07-03-2017, 02:48 PM

I can't remember exactly what I paid but I think it was £130 for my sons season ticket in the east. Why would you want me who can obviously afford it, to pay £95 less? I pay the extra because I want to sit in the east and think it worth the extra cash. Many other parents think the same. It's because of that the club can afford to sell season tickets in a less popular part of the ground for £25. The club can't afford to just cut prices across the board like you suggest. We have a team to finance.