PDA

View Full Version : The top of New Street???

snooky
28-01-2017, 10:39 PM
What's the story at the top part of New Street where it joins the High Street?
They seemed to have narrowed it to a single lane up from the Market St junction.
As I drove past the other day I didn't have a chance to check the signs.
Anybody know what the rules are now? Is it pedestrians only? Cars one way? What? :dunno:

speedy_gonzales
28-01-2017, 11:04 PM
It's a 1 way now, from Market Street up (cyclists can still go down), if you need to get to New Street you either go down Cranston St or Jeffrey St.
It's been like that since last summer.

snooky
28-01-2017, 11:28 PM
It's a 1 way now, from Market Street up (cyclists can still go down), if you need to get to New Street you either go down Cranston St or Jeffrey St.
Thanks SG. :thumbsup:

EH6 Hibby
29-01-2017, 08:40 AM

Not that many people bother about it. Still get cars driving down it regularly rather than use Cranston street which is 10 seconds further up.

snooky
29-01-2017, 11:33 AM
Not that many people bother about it. Still get cars driving down it regularly rather than use Cranston street which is 10 seconds further up.

Only when there's no queue up to the the lights at World's End. :cool2:

speedy_gonzales
29-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Only when there's no queue up to the the lights at World's End. :cool2:
In which case you can go down Old Tolbooth Wynd, next to the Tollbooth Tavern, but only if your vehicle fits. I don't use it often as it's a cheeky wee short cut but I love doing it when the festival is on. Tourists have no idea it's a bone fide road and look on in amazement as you pour yourself in to the gap!