PDA

View Full Version : Players fault not the manager

dastardly8
25-12-2016, 01:54 AM
Hopeless , more shots on goal than most teams can't put it in the net , raith score after two shots and we need double figures before we score ****ing nonsense need a serial killer in front of goal for Christmas

houstonhibbee
25-12-2016, 02:05 AM
Hopeless , more shots on goal than most teams can't put it in the net , raith score after two shots and we need double figures before we score ****ing nonsense need a serial killer in front of goal for Christmas
so if you have 11 great players they wouldn't need a manager then.........

Heisenberg
25-12-2016, 07:33 AM

I would tend to agree in regards to the game yesterday. He set us up exactly how everyone wanted. We played some very good stuff in the first half especially and were through on goal at least 4 maybe 5 times.

Some of these players have been part of playing in these types of games since relegation. They were the same under Stubbs. Bottle merchants in front of goal. Would've thought guys like Shinnie and Holt would have the required composure but clearly not.

Fife-Hibee
25-12-2016, 08:37 AM
Who was the big centre half for Raith ? Lost count how many goals he prevented before he scored. If that's how he normally plays' god knows how he's still there!

Booked4Being-Ugly
25-12-2016, 09:31 AM
Who was the big centre half for Raith ? Lost count how many goals he prevented before he scored. If that's how he normally plays' god knows how he's still there!He was impressive. Won everything in the air and our defence didn't know how to cope with him at the rare set pieces they did have.

Captain Trips
25-12-2016, 09:53 AM
Shocking unable to get 3pts from yesterday,

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-12-2016, 10:09 AM
But the reality is that the manager gets sacked and not the team. Manager's understand that.

Jones28
25-12-2016, 10:32 AM
The manager can't legislate for missing so many bloody chances. FWIW I thought we were terrific yesterday and deserved the 3 points.

If the Raith centre half hadn't been there we'd have scored 10. He was MOTM by a hell of a distance.

eastcoasthibby
25-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Who was the big centre half for Raith ? Lost count how many goals he prevented before he scored. If that's how he normally plays' god knows how he's still there!

He did the same at the away game he plays in the middle and gets in the way of almost everything.. so the challenge is in knowing about him is that we should be playing to counter that, did we ??

#FromTheCapital
25-12-2016, 10:45 AM

Yeah he was a rock for them at the back. Looked too good for this level.

MSK
25-12-2016, 11:10 AM
Yeah he was a rock for them at the back. Looked too good for this level.He was a rock because we were powderpuff up front playing tippy tappy football, if we had been more direct and hit him with pace he would have struggled, week in week out we make average defences look good due to our lack of urgency. Hopefully that will be adressed in Jan.

Fergos
25-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Agreed the big Raith CH won everything alongside his CH partner.....just a pity our big experienced CF that "bullies" the back 4 couldn't bully those 2 yesterday.......

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
25-12-2016, 11:30 AM
The manager can't legislate for missing so many bloody chances. FWIW I thought we were terrific yesterday and deserved the 3 points.

If the Raith centre half hadn't been there we'd have scored 10. He was MOTM by a hell of a distance.

He can if it happens over and over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banchoryhibs
25-12-2016, 11:33 AM
He was a rock because we were powderpuff up front playing tippy tappy football, if we had been more direct and hit him with pace he would have struggled, week in week out we make average defences look good due to our lack of urgency. Hopefully that will be adressed in Jan.
This!

Smartie
25-12-2016, 11:47 AM
He was a rock because we were powderpuff up front playing tippy tappy football, if we had been more direct and hit him with pace he would have struggled, week in week out we make average defences look good due to our lack of urgency. Hopefully that will be adressed in Jan.

They looked shaky once Boyle went on and started running at them.

It wasn't so much the tippy-tappy stuff that was the problem, it was constantly dropping balls on their heads.

Having at most one quick player for the past 2 and a half years has been our undoing.

We need to add pace, pace and more pace in January, then I think we'll see a lot more from some of our current players who aren't exactly blessed with it.

BSEJVT
25-12-2016, 12:51 PM
Is it the players fault that the manager has taken this long to decide on this formation and personnel deployment?

What will next weeks roll of the dice formation and personnel be?

Do you think they have worked on this formation since the season started or even this entire week?

For all his attributes Holt is a non scoring striker and yesterdays midfield had I think managed 2 goals all season between them.

So basically we had one player on the park who had a realistic chance of scoring and it so happened he had an off day.

The players have a lot to answer for, but IMO in no way does this excuse Lennon's culpability in the situation.

Jones28
25-12-2016, 12:54 PM
He can if it happens over and over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe so, but we've been scoring lots of goals this season and so far yesterday and against Dundee United have been the only games we haven't really looked like scoring.

The players we have should be finishing those chances, so I don't think the manager can be blamed for a striker fluffing it.

ekhibee
25-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Is it the players fault that the manager has taken this long to decide on this formation and personnel deployment?

What will next weeks roll of the dice formation and personnel be?

Do you think they have worked on this formation since the season started or even this entire week?

For all his attributes Holt is a non scoring striker and yesterdays midfield had I think managed 2 goals all season between them.

So basically we had one player on the park who had a realistic chance of scoring and it so happened he had an off day.

The players have a lot to answer for, but IMO in no way does this excuse Lennon's culpability in the situation.
I respect what you're saying, but in this particular case I don't think Lennon is culpable in any way. He can only play his strongest team and this one was the formation many people on here had been calling for. Even when the likes of McGinn and Fyvie are fit, they hardly score goals either, and neither does McGeouch. Commons has been drafted in as an emergency loan, so basically he has to play him. The one change I would probably have made might have been to bring in Crane, and see if he can deliver better crosses than Stevenson, which frankly wouldn't be hard even though Stevenson works hard for the team. Basically Graham and Holt, from a scoring point of view, need good crosses into the box that they can header into the net, and these are few and far between in this Hibs team at the moment. I take your point about the chopping and changing, but up till yesterday we were top of the league, so we were still getting results even if it wasn't pretty. January should be interesting from a transfer point of view IMO.

Northernhibee
25-12-2016, 02:08 PM
We laughed at Cathro because he couldn't motivate and inspire. Lennon's in the same school - doesn't look interested and as a result the play on the pitch suffers. Stubbsy for all his faults got us inspired and fired up for the cup final and look at what happened.

The point of training is so when something happens in a game (one on one scenario, a ball whipped in etc) the players don't need to think about it, it's supposed to be second nature and then you score lots of goals.

The buck stops with Lennon.

gillythehibby
25-12-2016, 02:29 PM
We laughed at Cathro because he couldn't motivate and inspire. Lennon's in the same school - doesn't look interested and as a result the play on the pitch suffers. Stubbsy for all his faults got us inspired and fired up for the cup final and look at what happened.

The point of training is so when something happens in a game (one on one scenario, a ball whipped in etc) the players don't need to think about it, it's supposed to be second nature and then you score lots of goals.

The buck stops with Lennon.

You can motivate and inspire all you want but it'' footballing ability that wins games. Any team missing fyvie and mcginn will see an impact in the team. I'd agree we are missing a creative zenmama-esque type player tho

euro Hibby
25-12-2016, 02:31 PM
Yesterday Stevenson whipped in a few good crosses and we playes more down the right where Gray works. We just missed loeads of chances. The team that was out was the one most wanted. Sometimes luck is with you and sometimes no. Our form is patchy but i will back Hibs to go up.