PDA

View Full Version : Next three games will define our season

theonlywayisup
21-12-2016, 07:44 AM
Three massive games for Hibs:

- Home to Raith, always tricky against them
- Away to Falkirk, enough said
- Home to Dundee United, nearest challengers

I think we would be doing well staying top after the next two games, whilst United have St. Mirren (H) and Dumbarton (A).

Taking off the Hibs tinted glasses, what's your views on how Hibs will fare in these games.

The way we are playing, I'm not confident that we'll win both the Raith & Falkirk games. I don't see us being beat in both, but also don't see us winning both. I actually think that the United game will be the easier game.

After these games, it's Dumbarton (A) and Queens (A) - we've five difficult games at a point in the season when we're not playing that well.

Thoughts?

Nicho87
21-12-2016, 07:52 AM
I think we'll slip to second for the next few weeks, united arent playing well , tight in defence not conceaded in 6. But they dont score goals. We need to thump them in January

Keith_M
21-12-2016, 08:31 AM
There's a thread almost every week claiming the 'next x games' will 'define our season', or is 'make or break'.

Personally, I think 36 games will define our season.

Andy74
21-12-2016, 08:33 AM
There's a thread almost every week claiming the 'next x games' will 'define our season', or is 'make or break'.

Correct

Golden Bear
21-12-2016, 08:40 AM

:agree:

lyonhibs
21-12-2016, 08:51 AM

In a nutshell :agree: :agree:

CorrieHibs
21-12-2016, 08:59 AM
I think we'll get 6 out 9. Can see Falkirk beating us.

However I think we'll go on a run after we beat united and will win promotion by 10. Points.

In our next 19 games; Is it too ambitious to aim for 14/15 wins? I think we should be doing that at this level. I think we'll be stronger in the second half of the season.

green with envy
21-12-2016, 09:12 AM
I think we'll get 6 out 9. Can see Falkirk beating us.

However I think we'll go on a run after we beat united and will win promotion by 10. Points.

In our next 19 games; Is it too ambitious to aim for 14/15 wins? I think we should be doing that at this level. I think we'll be stronger in the second half of the season.

Falkirk are pish.

9 from 9.

California-Hibs
21-12-2016, 09:15 AM

This. It's a bit tiresome seeing these threads and hikes up unnecessary pressure. Also fuels a lot of negative posters to post if we lose one as it becomes somewhat of a closed off world and everything is just about 'these next 3 games' .

Are they trickier fixtures? Yes, of course. However points will be dropped between us and United from now until May. The league won't be won or lost in the next 3 games.

For what it's worth I'm certain we'll beat Raith this Saturday. As for the other 2 however, I might have to say we'll maybe lose away to Falkirk but beat United at home. That's my hunch. 6/9.

Brightside
21-12-2016, 09:18 AM
do we not say this every 3 games??

H18 SFR
21-12-2016, 09:24 AM
I think that we may well slip two points behind Dundee Utd before we play them, I'm positive that we will then go on to beat them to go back on top. I'm sure that it will be nip and tuck all the way.

I think that Utd will gamble and spend big in January (in relative terms to their finances), it is as clear as daylight to me that we need to do the same.

hibs0666
21-12-2016, 09:26 AM
Three massive games for Hibs:

- Home to Raith, always tricky against them
- Away to Falkirk, enough said
- Home to Dundee United, nearest challengers

I think we would be doing well staying top after the next two games, whilst United have St. Mirren (H) and Dumbarton (A).

Taking off the Hibs tinted glasses, what's your views on how Hibs will fare in these games.

The way we are playing, I'm not confident that we'll win both the Raith & Falkirk games. I don't see us being beat in both, but also don't see us winning both. I actually think that the United game will be the easier game.

After these games, it's Dumbarton (A) and Queens (A) - we've five difficult games at a point in the season when we're not playing that well.

Thoughts?

These three games will not define our season.

Oscar T Grouch
21-12-2016, 09:32 AM
The next three games will define how the league looks in three games time, nothing more. After we've played three rounds of this league we will have a better understanding of how it's going to go and by then I expect us to have a good but not unassailable lead in the league. But then again I expect us to win the next three games so what do I know 😂

CorrieHibs
21-12-2016, 10:11 AM
Falkirk are pish.

9 from 9.

I agree but they always seem to pull something out the bag against us.

LichtieHibby
21-12-2016, 11:02 AM
Won't necessarily define our season but can go some way to making it more pleasant (or difficult).

The last half dozen games against these teams would suggest we might not get 9 out of 9.

Scottish Championship Sa 15Oct 2016 Raith 0 - 0 Hibernian
Scottish Division 1 play-off Sa 07May 2016 Hibernian 2 - 0 Raith
Scottish Division 1 play-off We 04May 2016 Raith 1 - 0 Hibernian
Scottish Championship Sa 19Mar 2016 Raith 2 - 1 Hibernian
Scottish FA Cup Sa 09Jan 2016 Raith 0 - 2 Hibernian
Scottish Championship Sa 02Jan 2016 Hibernian 1 - 0 Raith

Scottish Championship Sa 12Nov 2016 Hibernian 1 - 1 Falkirk
Scottish Championship Sa 06Aug 2016 Falkirk 1 - 2 Hibernian
Scottish Division 1 play-off Fr 13May 2016 Falkirk 3 - 2 Hibernian
Scottish Division 1 play-off Tu 10May 2016 Hibernian 2 - 2 Falkirk
Scottish Championship Tu 12Apr 2016 Hibernian 2 - 2 Falkirk
Scottish Championship Su 17Jan 2016 Falkirk 1 - 1 Hibernian

Scottish Championship Fr 02Dec 2016 Dundee Utd 1 - 0 Hibernian
Scottish Championship Su 02Oct 2016 Hibernian 1 - 1 Dundee Utd
Scottish FA Cup Sa 16Apr 2016 N Hibernian 0 - 0 Dundee Utd
Scottish League Cup We 04Nov 2015 Hibernian 3 - 0 Dundee Utd
Scottish League Cup We 29Oct 2014 Hibernian 3 - 3 Dundee Utd
Scottish Premiership Fr 28Feb 2014 Hibernian 1 - 3 Dundee Utd

The Leith Dutch
21-12-2016, 11:08 AM
do we not say this every 3 games??

Yep.

Hopefully the team are working on just focussing on the next game.

Hi Heid Yin
21-12-2016, 11:08 AM

:agree::agree::agree:

theonlywayisup
21-12-2016, 12:45 PM
Opinions eh. Well I'm going to disagree with most.

If we were to lose all three games and likely be nine points behind Dundee United, I think that it will be high unlikely that we'll recover from that position. What we've done prior to and what we do after will be irrelevant - it will be these three games that will have placed the millstone around our neck.

If we were to win all three games, I feel it will give us the springboard for the rest of the season.

If we were to accumulate the same points as Dundee United during these three games, then it's still anyone's to win or lose. We then move on to the next set of important games!!

So I firmly believe these games might define our season. Stating the bleeding obvious that it's the 36 games that are important is of course correct, but these next three games will have a huge bearing on our prospects for the season's end.

cabbageandribs1875
21-12-2016, 01:15 PM
Opinions eh. Well I'm going to disagree with most.

If we were to lose all three games and likely be nine points behind Dundee United, I think that it will be high unlikely that we'll recover from that position. What we've done prior to and what we do after will be irrelevant - it will be these three games that will have placed the millstone around our neck.

If we were to win all three games, I feel it will give us the springboard for the rest of the season.

If we were to accumulate the same points as Dundee United during these three games, then it's still anyone's to win or lose. We then move on to the next set of important games!!

So I firmly believe these games might define our season. Stating the bleeding obvious that it's the 36 games that are important is of course correct, but these next three games will have a huge bearing on our prospects for the season's end.

so, basically...it's the 3 games after the next 3 games that are just as important, therefore as already said...every next 3 games are important :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
21-12-2016, 01:21 PM
so, basically...it's the 3 games after the next 3 games that are just as important, therefore as already said...every next 3 games are important :greengrin

Well, not point in winning those three, then losing 0-3 at home to Morton and struggling for the rest of the season, which pretty much happened last year (bar the fluke of 2-4 at Hunbrox). But winning those three would make me very bullish about the rest of the season.

Ronniekirk
21-12-2016, 01:41 PM
Well, not point in winning those three, then losing 0-3 at home to Morton and struggling for the rest of the season, which pretty much happened last year (bar the fluke of 2-4 at Hunbrox). But winning those three would make me very bullish about the rest of the season.

Given our injury list and the fact we dont know if Lennon will play our Top scorer i am only taking one game at a time
Confident we will beat Taith at home in front of a Bumber X mass crowd to stay Top
Another 90 minutes for Commons and Keatings to come off the bench and score

northstandhibby
21-12-2016, 01:51 PM
Given our injury list and the fact we dont know if Lennon will play our Top scorer i am only taking one game at a time
Confident we will beat Taith at home in front of a Bumber X mass crowd to stay Top
Another 90 minutes for Commons and Keatings to come off the bench and score

Cannot see us not winning against rovers and we will then kick on. Not saying skoosh but confident the players will move it up a gear. Mon the Cabbage!!!

Glory Glory

Unseen work
21-12-2016, 01:54 PM
We can't play worse than last week.

I expect us to up it now and Jason will begin to fire them in again.

Can see us going on a run.

Carheenlea
21-12-2016, 07:45 PM
What these frequent threads show us is the enormous pressure our side has has to deal with not just this season, but also in the previous two in this league. Every game feels like a "must win", and draws feel like defeats. When was the last time we had a dead rubber??
It's all very exciting, but demanding on us all on a weekly basis to a point where you often don't really enjoy it!

We might miss all this when we are battling it out on a January afternoon against Motherwell with 6th place in the SPFL at stake...:greengrin

lucky
21-12-2016, 08:00 PM
Falkirk are pish.

9 from 9.

This

Jonnyboy
21-12-2016, 08:03 PM
Why the desire to talk Dundee Utd up? You get the impression that some seem to think they are going to roller coaster every opponent. I read the match report from their visit to Ayr and it said that Utd were very lucky to get anything at all from the match. Long way to go and we are better equipped for the marathon

oneone73
21-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Why the desire to talk Dundee Utd up? You get the impression that some seem to think they are going to roller coaster every opponent.
Is a rollercoaster better than a steamroller? Swings and roundabouts, I suppose.

Carheenlea
21-12-2016, 08:14 PM
Why the desire to talk Dundee Utd up? You get the impression that some seem to think they are going to roller coaster every opponent. I read the match report from their visit to Ayr and it said that Utd were very lucky to get anything at all from the match. Long way to go and we are better equipped for the marathon

That's maybe a bit funfair on United.

cammy1969
21-12-2016, 08:27 PM

I think your spot on jb I've seen nothing from Utd that makes me think there in anyway better than us. We've been pretty piss our last few games but we know that there is better there.

I think Falkirk away is better for us as they will come out more as they're at home and that will suit us better.

1or2 rite buys or loan in window at bit of width and pace will see our fortunes change for the better imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
21-12-2016, 08:30 PM
Is a rollercoaster better than a steamroller? Swings and roundabouts, I suppose.

:greengrin

Roller coaster faster :greengrin

Jonnyboy
21-12-2016, 08:31 PM
That's maybe a bit funfair on United.

Which part? They are not the super team many seem to think they are!

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2016, 08:44 PM

:faf:

Jonnyboy
21-12-2016, 08:46 PM
:faf:

Tickled you, G? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Tickled you, G? :greengrin

Aye John, i believe you were whooshed matey. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
21-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Aye John, i believe you were whooshed matey. :greengrin

Well and truly :greengrin

Collectors item, mind :wink:

Ronniekirk
21-12-2016, 10:28 PM

Dont think anyone seriously thinks they ar a Super Team but they hae clawed back 7 ponts and continue to not get beat In that sense they hav put themselves in contention and are hangng in there
We to date dont look like shaking them off by winning five or s games on the trot So we have a two horse race at the moment
Am hoping our new signings and getting key players backfrom injury help us to kick on and it reamains to be seen who united sign and if they continue to get the rub of the green
But not getting beat becomes a habit and some folk didnt expect it to be this close at the turn of the year
But Moan The Hibs we can do this

erin go bragh
22-12-2016, 10:19 AM
Well and truly :greengrin

Collectors item, mind :wink:

It is that JB . Had folk giving me funny looks as I burst out laughing.
Brilliant mate .

where'stheslope
22-12-2016, 07:48 PM
My thoughts are we win every game, if we can't then try and draw, keep losing to a minimum and always up our game against United!

Hopefully their run will end and we will then be in a position to try and push ahead in the League.

Remember who gets into a leading position by the end of February, the teams trailing have less games to catch up.

If its even then it goes down to the last 9 - 12 games and the pressure mounts on both teams as any slip is harder to claw back with less games to play!

mjhibby
22-12-2016, 09:42 PM
Don't think the next three games will define our season at all. Raith is the last game of the first set of home and away matches and we are likely to be ahead of utd probably by goal difference. While the Falkirk and utd games will be ones well want to win or not lose there is still 16 games after that. Hopefully McGeoch and fyfie could make the utd game and if the strong rumours are to be believed then we should also have a couple of cracking signings by Jan 6. I'm confident we will go up and while I feel the fans frustration as long as we go up I don't care how we do it. Nice free flowing football would be nice but first after 36 games is what matters.

northstandhibby
22-12-2016, 10:13 PM
Don't think the next three games will define our season at all. Raith is the last game of the first set of home and away matches and we are likely to be ahead of utd probably by goal difference. While the Falkirk and utd games will be ones well want to win or not lose there is still 16 games after that. Hopefully McGeoch and fyfie could make the utd game and if the strong rumours are to be believed then we should also have a couple of cracking signings by Jan 6. I'm confident we will go up and while I feel the fans frustration as long as we go up I don't care how we do it. Nice free flowing football would be nice but first after 36 games is what matters.

Good points well put!!!

Me too in regards to couldn't care less about how good the football is as long as we win this league. Of course it would be very nice to win it playing exhibition football but that's not how it's going to be won. We're in a battle. Battles can get very ugly indeed. Got to be strong and focused. Lets ramp it up a notch or two and roar us on to victory. Going to be a very good turnout against Locke's Raith on Sat so let's roar on the boys.

Glory Glory