PDA

View Full Version : NHC Sevco Muppets

Jim44
10-12-2016, 09:20 PM
Maybe I've got this all wrong, but the muppets on FF are furious with the BBC for not broadcasting the 'match of the day' from Ibrox. They are saying silly things like, 'it is a disgrace that the Hearts fans are being deprived of coverage of the first match with their new manager. Have I missed something here or am I correct in saying that the BBC is banned ( by Sevco ) from Ibrox? Talk about having your cake and eating it. :confused:

Billy Whizz
10-12-2016, 09:23 PM
Maybe I've got this all wrong, but the muppets on FF are furious with the BBC for not broadcasting the 'match of the day' from Ibrox. They are saying silly things like, 'it is a disgrace that the Hearts fans are being deprived of coverage of the first match with their new manager. Have I missed something here or am I correct in saying that the BBC is banned ( by Sevco ) from Ibrox? Talk about having your cake and eating it. :confused:

Think they are banned from interviewing players and management, yet they continuously show Rangers at home in Scottish cup games, ahead of other games

BH Hibs
10-12-2016, 09:24 PM
You are correct they are banned which will be interesting come Hogmanay's bigot bash :greengrin

hibbysam
10-12-2016, 09:36 PM
Very amusing how they kept cutting to Steven Thompson today who was trawling twitter for updates on the game haha! Unbelievable how they tell the BBC to **** off and the BBC still keep crawling back to them.

h18eeynick
10-12-2016, 09:42 PM
Very amusing how they kept cutting to Steven Thompson today who was trawling twitter for updates on the game haha! Unbelievable how they tell the BBC to **** off and the BBC still keep crawling back to them.

Listened to open all mikes and number of times they said we believe it was whatever and we will confirm once we know means they had someone inside updating them. Pathetic but brilliant at same time !

number9dream
10-12-2016, 10:12 PM
Think they are banned from interviewing players and management, yet they continuously show Rangers at home in Scottish cup games, ahead of other games

Rangers banned one reporter. Wee baldy Chris McLaughlin, who was Easter Road today by the way.
BBC stance is we won't allow you to dictate terms, so no one is coming until ban is lifted.
Pretty sure BBC haven't shown a cup game from Ibrox since the ban. It would be crazy to broadcast live then not talk to the manager etc.
Got sympathy with Beeb on this one but it is a massive hole in their coverage.
Rangers fans lap up 'the media is out to get us along with everyone else' message, which we all know is utterly laughable...

jacomo
10-12-2016, 10:16 PM

Yet McCoist is getting punditry work with them.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2016, 11:02 PM
You are correct they are banned which will be interesting come Hogmanay's bigot bash :greengrin

It will be very interesting indeed.

I can see Radio Scotland hiring a helicopter and hovering over Ibrox for 90 minutes. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
10-12-2016, 11:08 PM
The BBC effectively banned themselves from ibrox while backing a member of their staff. Not sure why they're getting a bit of abuse for it on here?

Presumably it sounded amateurish today due to the electrical/connection problems they were having?

10-12-2016, 11:12 PM
There's no ban on having some random character with a phone at the game. Are they banning BBC employees completely? Are they banning 90 minute phone calls to the BBC? What absolute drivel. It highlights the inability of the BBC to cover anything of note. When we win the cup next year don't bother turning up you shower of clowns.

Jim44
10-12-2016, 11:24 PM
The BBC effectively banned themselves from ibrox while backing a member of their staff. Not sure why they're getting a bit of abuse for it on here?

Presumably it sounded amateurish today due to the electrical/connection problems they were having?

I don't think they're getting abuse here. The whole point of my first post was that Sevco effectively banned the BBC but the Sevco clowns are complaining about the lack of BBC coverage.

number9dream
10-12-2016, 11:26 PM
Random character with a phone would cease to be "random" if he was working for the BBC.
Big Jabba Traynor has banned Speirs & McLaughlin simply because he doesn't like them. So petty...

Danderhall Hibs
10-12-2016, 11:52 PM
There's no ban on having some random character with a phone at the game. Are they banning BBC employees completely? Are they banning 90 minute phone calls to the BBC? What absolute drivel. It highlights the inability of the BBC to cover anything of note. When we win the cup next year don't bother turning up you shower of clowns.

The BBC are boycotting ibrox.

Danderhall Hibs
10-12-2016, 11:53 PM
I don't think they're getting abuse here. The whole point of my first post was that Sevco effectively banned the BBC but the Sevco clowns are complaining about the lack of BBC coverage.

They'll be saying that cos Rangers technically haven't banned the BBC, just one of their reporters.

matty_f
10-12-2016, 11:58 PM

No, it doesn't.

The BBC are rightly, imho, saying to The Rangers that they can't dictate what is reported or who is reporting it.

Jim44
11-12-2016, 12:36 AM
They'll be saying that cos Rangers technically haven't banned the BBC, just one of their reporters.

If I owned a company and one of my staff was pathetically and unjustifiably banned, I would cut myself off completely from the offending outfit.

w pilton hibby
11-12-2016, 12:47 AM
Rangers banned one reporter. Wee baldy Chris McLaughlin, who was Easter Road today by the way.
BBC stance is we won't allow you to dictate terms, so no one is coming until ban is lifted.
Pretty sure BBC haven't shown a cup game from Ibrox since the ban. It would be crazy to broadcast live then not talk to the manager etc.
Got sympathy with Beeb on this one but it is a massive hole in their coverage.
Rangers fans lap up 'the media is out to get us along with everyone else' message, which we all know is utterly laughable...

Rangers banned McLaughlin as he reported the arrest of Rangers supporters at the Petrofac 6-2 game against Hibs. (I think for sectarian singing)

BBC have stated they should be able to send whoever they want and until then won't send anyone.

Keith_M
11-12-2016, 09:27 AM
Rangers banned McLaughlin as he reported the arrest of Rangers supporters at the Petrofac 6-2 game against Hibs. (I think for sectarian singing)

BBC have stated they should be able to send whoever they want and until then won't send anyone.

That's exactly what is was for, that he dared to report the truth.

T'Rangers FC are a sectarian club with sectarian supporters, yet nobody is allowed to talk about it.

Keith_M
11-12-2016, 09:32 AM
Apparently, this is a typical press seat at Ibrox....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/2d/58/2b/2d582bc3de6028178f0a236c39f0a2c4.jpg

Cosmic Truth
11-12-2016, 10:34 AM
That's exactly what is was for, that he dared to report the truth.

T'Rangers FC are a sectarian club with sectarian supporters, yet nobody is allowed to talk about it .

100% spot on. They try to bully, and intimidate, people so they won't speak the truth about the club/operating company.

Danderhall Hibs
11-12-2016, 10:46 AM
If I owned a company and one of my staff was pathetically and unjustifiably banned, I would cut myself off completely from the offending outfit.

I agree.