PDA

View Full Version : What Qualifies As A Restricted View

Kojock
05-12-2016, 12:48 PM
I took this photo of the view from my seat J51 Fair Play Upper on Friday. I sent an email complaining about it and the following is the reply from them.

Thank you for your E mail and I take on board your observations. For your information your seat is not one that falls into the category of restricted view. Dundee City Council as part of the Ground Safety Team independently inspected the upper seating area of the Fair Play stand when it was constructed and they identified and advised the club of the seats which were to be classified as restricted viewing. Regarding a refund we are unable to accommodate you on this point.

Shocking attitude

The Hibee Harp
05-12-2016, 04:48 PM
I took this photo of the view from my seat J51 Fair Play Upper on Friday. I sent an email complaining about it and the following is the reply from them.

Thank you for your E mail and I take on board your observations. For your information your seat is not one that falls into the category of restricted view. Dundee City Council as part of the Ground Safety Team independently inspected the upper seating area of the Fair Play stand when it was constructed and they identified and advised the club of the seats which were to be classified as restricted viewing. Regarding a refund we are unable to accommodate you on this point.

Shocking attitude

That's scandalous. Get in touch with the club.

Billy Whizz
05-12-2016, 04:57 PM
That's scandalous. Get in touch with the club.

Sure is. Most of the seats in the Fair Play upper have restricted view seats, as you can't see the line on the TV camera side. I was 5 rows from the front and couldn't see the player taking the corner kick

HH81
Does it block the whole goal out?

ancient hibee
Absolutely nothing to do with the council it it? Either you can see or you can't.Quite ridiculous by them.

NAE NOOKIE
05-12-2016, 05:01 PM
If that's not a restricted view I would hate to see what they do think a restricted view is ..... their reply to you is a joke as well, what Dundee city council say doesn't matter a toss when its plain to a blind man that you cant see the whole of the pitch. Pathetic that Dundee Utd are hiding behind that nonsense.

Kojock
05-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Does it block the whole goal out?

It blocked about a third of the pitch. Following the unsatisfactory reply from DUFC I have contacted Dundee Council and Trading Standards.

Michael
05-12-2016, 05:15 PM
Embarrassing stuff from DUFC. Unbelievable that anyone could not categorise that as 'restricted view'.

Just Alf
05-12-2016, 05:26 PM
It blocked about a third of the pitch. Following the unsatisfactory reply from DUFC I have contacted Dundee Council and Trading Standards.
Good... just looking at that pic and the response has me incensed! Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Kojock
06-12-2016, 10:07 AM
Good... just looking at that pic and the response has me incensed! Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

Got an email from trading standards saying they intend to meet the club to discuss the issue.

lyonhibs
06-12-2016, 10:09 AM
I wonder where our chirpy Resident Arab to tell us what a characterful, wonderfully atmospheric stadium Tannadice is when his shanty club are claiming that's not a restricted view seat?? :rolleyes:

Albanian Hibs
06-12-2016, 10:09 AM
I was in row k section w1 Behind the goals and i couldnt see the bottom half of the goals. I had no idea what boyles penalty was like. ***** stadium.

Billy Whizz
06-12-2016, 10:20 AM
I was in row k section w1 Behind the goals and i couldnt see the bottom half of the goals. I had no idea what boyles penalty was like. ***** stadium.

It's like the crystal maze trying to get up stairs to your seat in the Fair Play upper. And which club has their catering facilities at the stadium entry

Killiehibbie
06-12-2016, 10:34 AM
An antiquated *****hole of a ground, I had to move from side to side because of the pillar behind the goals.

ChrissyG1875
06-12-2016, 10:36 AM

Shocking attitude
My seat behind the goals was a restricted view seat and I had far better view than you, that's shocking

RCNG
06-12-2016, 11:00 AM
Not to worry, our very own Resident Arab will be along on no time with a fully acceptable explaination, I'm sure.

MWHIBBIES
06-12-2016, 11:14 AM
''Class wee ground with character'' :faf:

Absolute dump that needs bulldozing.

Sir David Gray
06-12-2016, 10:19 PM
I wouldn't bother writing a letter to Stephen Thompson about it. I wrote to him a few years ago regarding the disgraceful disabled access into Tannadice and his reply stated that it had been independently judged to be "more than adequate".

This is despite wheelchair users being expected to go up a hill that is so steep that it's almost impossible to push yourself up without the help of someone, in order to get to the disabled section at the back of the west stand.

It's disgusting how Dundee Utd are allowed to get away with treating fans like this.

Tannadice is the only stadium in Scotland where I could not go to the game myself.

Good luck if you do decide to write to him.

monktonharp
06-12-2016, 11:09 PM
I was in the upper tier of the fairplay stand, and I felt what's the real problem?. I knew there was a restriction, when trying to watch who's taking a corner or playing down in that corner, also remember the same problem years ago when sitting at the other end of that stand. did not realise how bad a view folk were actually getting last week ....eg:kojak and probably more importantly, the laddie that has had problems for wheelchair access, and has previously complained about this. I hope that Dundee Council do take this seriously, and would encourage folk to also check with citizen's advice, as well as trading standards people.

Kojock
07-12-2016, 06:54 AM
I wouldn't bother writing a letter to Stephen Thompson about it. I wrote to him a few years ago regarding the disgraceful disabled access into Tannadice and his reply stated that it had been independently judged to be "more than adequate".

This is despite wheelchair users being expected to go up a hill that is so steep that it's almost impossible to push yourself up without the help of someone, in order to get to the disabled section at the back of the west stand.

It's disgusting how Dundee Utd are allowed to get away with treating fans like this.

Tannadice is the only stadium in Scotland where I could not go to the game myself.

Good luck if you do decide to write to him.

The dismissive reply from DU is what really hacked me off. I have been at nearly every ground in Scotland and numerous down south and abroad and I can honestly say that is the worse seat I have ever had. I actually sent a second email to Mr Low asking him to sit in the seat then honestly tell me if he thinks it's a restricted view or not. Won't hold my breath waiting on his response.

lucky
07-12-2016, 08:18 AM
My view in the fair play upper was a joke. No pillars or anything blocking the view but you still couldn't see the whole pitch. The corner of the pitch where the tunnel is was impossible to see. How can a club get away with having such poor facilities.

lyonhibs
07-12-2016, 10:07 AM
My view in the fair play upper was a joke. No pillars or anything blocking the view but you still could see the whole pitch. The corner of the pitch where the tunnel is was impossible to see. How can a club get away with having such poor facilities.

:confused::confused:

GreenCastle
07-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Several grounds have pillars - this season at Dunfermline my view from the side had a pillar in front of the goal. No warning as seat was purchased at the door on the day.

You would think these restricted view seats would at least be cheaper than regular priced seats.

CallumLaidlaw
07-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Everton have restricted view seats at goodison. And it is classed as that when one of the goals isn't visible from the seat. The restricted view seats are a whole pound cheaper. We were at Everton v Man U last season and my mate had a seat that wasn't restricted view but was similar to the top picture. he complained and email them a picture. The response was along the lines that if he leaned forward he would be able to see the goal! :faf:
After several emails they eventually agreed to give him compensation to the tune of £1, and they sent him it by cheque. My mate agreed to it by principal:greengrin

Sir David Gray
07-12-2016, 07:10 PM
The dismissive reply from DU is what really hacked me off. I have been at nearly every ground in Scotland and numerous down south and abroad and I can honestly say that is the worse seat I have ever had. I actually sent a second email to Mr Low asking him to sit in the seat then honestly tell me if he thinks it's a restricted view or not. Won't hold my breath waiting on his response.

Sounds exactly like the reply I received. I felt like asking Stephen Thompson to go into my wheelchair and push himself up to the disabled section at the back of the west stand.

He wouldn't be able to do it.

CropleyisGod
07-12-2016, 07:11 PM
I tongue in cheek wrote to HMFC about a restricted view due to stewards standing in front of me after 73 minutes in this game http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4436903.stm

To be fair, the then CEO of the dirty mob took it in good part and offered me two tickets for their next home game as compensation :-(

Fife-Hibee
07-12-2016, 07:25 PM
I tongue in cheek wrote to HMFC about a restricted view due to stewards standing in front of me after 73 minutes in this game http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4436903.stm

To be fair, the then CEO of the dirty mob took it in good part and offered me two tickets for their next home game as compensation :-(

Haha :-) did you take them ? 😂

Carheenlea
07-12-2016, 07:27 PM
Prior to last Friday's game I was dismissing a lot of the criticism that went Tannadice's way going by my many visits there over the years, but after viewing from Upper stand, I buy the complaints now. We were about three quarters of the way up a few yards along from edge of the box. Because a few stood throughout, the tunnel and stand side area was out of view.

Skol
07-12-2016, 07:30 PM

I once complained to HMFC also as my seat was right behind the goals and all I could see was the crossbar.....restricted my view and I either had to crouch down and look through the net or try to crane my neck without standing as the stewards were insisting on sitting.

Chris Robinson replied but basically told me to bolt.

Eyrie
07-12-2016, 07:59 PM
I once complained to HMFC also as my seat was right behind the goals and all I could see was the crossbar.....restricted my view and I either had to crouch down and look through the net or try to crane my neck without standing as the stewards were insisting on sitting.

You got off lightly then compared to the reply CropleyisGod received.

Sir David Gray
07-12-2016, 08:01 PM

I think I'd rather that than get offered complimentary tickets for another game at Tynecastle which would have presumably been for the home end.

nellio
08-12-2016, 12:11 PM
I hope trading standards absolutely batter them, to claim that is not a restricted view seat is scandalous!!!

snooky
08-12-2016, 12:18 PM
For restricted view definition see "Referee Craig Thomson" thread. :cb

Moulin Yarns
08-12-2016, 01:05 PM
For restricted view definition see "Referee Craig Thomson" thread. :cb

Either that, or blinkered:greengrin

lapsedhibee
08-12-2016, 03:08 PM

Cynical attempt to artificially inflate attendance figures. Not sure if they still do that now.

Kojock
08-12-2016, 05:36 PM
Got the following reply from Trading Standards:

"We have carried out an enquiry and we have asked to the club to review the situation in accordance with the requirements of the Green Guide"

I googled "Green Guide" and found this

12.2 Viewing standards
The provision of adequate viewing standards is a key factor in ensuring that seated accommodation is both safe and serves its intended purpose.
Spectators in seated accommodation should have a clear, unrestricted view of the whole of the playing area or area of activity.
Designs should ensure that spectators are encouraged to remain seated and do not have to stretch or strain to view the event. (The only exceptions to this requirement are grounds staging such events as horse or motor racing, where clearly a view of the whole area of activity is difficult to achieve from any static viewing point.

I await the reply from DUFC with interest.

Jonnyboy
08-12-2016, 06:47 PM
Got the following reply from Trading Standards:

"We have carried out an enquiry and we have asked to the club to review the situation in accordance with the requirements of the Green Guide"

I googled "Green Guide" and found this

12.2 Viewing standards
The provision of adequate viewing standards is a key factor in ensuring that seated accommodation is both safe and serves its intended purpose.
Spectators in seated accommodation should have a clear, unrestricted view of the whole of the playing area or area of activity.
Designs should ensure that spectators are encouraged to remain seated and do not have to stretch or strain to view the event. (The only exceptions to this requirement are grounds staging such events as horse or motor racing, where clearly a view of the whole area of activity is difficult to achieve from any static viewing point.

I await the reply from DUFC with interest.

Got 'em, G :agree:

Kojock
08-12-2016, 08:09 PM
Got 'em, G :agree:

The only way I could see was to stand (against ground rules) which in turn meant that the people to the left of me had to stand to see past me.

Stax
08-12-2016, 08:19 PM
I got two restricted view tickets for Hampden. One row back and right where Liam Deliveeeerd that corner. Best seat I've ever had :greengrin

Forza Fred
08-12-2016, 08:42 PM
Not to worry, our very own Resident Arab will be along on no time with a fully acceptable explaination, I'm sure.

Given that this, clearly, is a matter that affects ALL fans, is it not something that the Fans reps should make the board aware of?.

It may not be Easter Road, but surely something that should be discussed at a SPFL forum of some kind....after all the fans ARE the paying customers.

And if it happens at Tanadice then it is likely to occur elsewhere.

Carheenlea
09-12-2016, 08:17 PM
For some of our away games I'd like to see some board members join us to view the game to really get a feel for what we experience at times. Ibrox in particular. I'm sure our fans reps will have raised some of our gripes in the boardroom, but after experiencing it themselves, the rest of our directors might take up our complaints a bit more seriously.

Billy Whizz
09-12-2016, 08:26 PM
For some of our away games I'd like to see some board members join us to view the game to really get a feel for what we experience at times. Ibrox in particular. I'm sure our fans reps will have raised some of our gripes in the boardroom, but after experiencing it themselves, the rest of our directors might take up our complaints a bit more seriously.
Frank goes to every game in the away end, can't remember anyone else though. Great idea though

Carheenlea
09-12-2016, 09:56 PM
Frank goes to every game in the away end, can't remember anyone else though. Great idea though

I know he does, but while he can pass on concerns, you wonder if they fall on deaf ears without really experiencing it themselves outwith the comfort of the directors box. There's only a few places that we have issues though, and they are repeated complaints. Most grounds are fine really.

FranckSuzy
09-12-2016, 10:07 PM
Given that this, clearly, is a matter that affects ALL fans, is it not something that the Fans reps should make the board aware of?.

It may not be Easter Road, but surely something that should be discussed at a SPFL forum of some kind....after all the fans ARE the paying customers.

And if it happens at Tanadice then it is likely to occur elsewhere.

Or the Supporters Liaison Officer (I think that's their official title) we're meant to have :agree:

FranckSuzy
09-12-2016, 10:15 PM
This was my view at Somerset Park in November. In fact, it was even worse than this as I was one seat nearer the pillar than my friend who took the pic...:rolleyes:

calumhibee1
09-12-2016, 10:21 PM
Going by that definition from trading standards any seat in a stand with pillars is restricted view.

Kojock
10-12-2016, 06:03 AM
For anyone interested in the "green guide"

http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk/publications/green-guide

oconnors_strip
10-12-2016, 10:03 AM
This was my view at Somerset Park in November. In fact, it was even worse than this as I was one seat nearer the pillar than my friend who took the pic...:rolleyes:

Still got a sore neck from moving back and forward to see the other end of the pitch. Missed Mcginn's strike for his goal 🙈

bod
03-01-2017, 03:12 PM
any update on this Kojock ?

Kojock
04-01-2017, 10:49 AM
Long story short but after two further emails to Dundee Utd (Ian Low) he still refused to comment. Only after I threatened to take the matter further did I receive a telephone call from Mr Low. Basically my email to Dundee Council prompted them to inspect the stand and several more seats in that stand have now been classified as "restricted view". However as an aside he told me that the council decided to inspect the other three stands and several further issues and concerns were identified which Dundee Utd are being forced to address. In the words of Mr Low in a thick Dundonian accent, "The Council went through us like a dose of salts" 😂
He offered me a refund for the difference in the restricted view price and I told him to put it in the first charity box he found.

West lower
04-01-2017, 11:19 AM
What is a restricted view ?

Any game that involves coaches brought up the Hearts way. Levein, Brown, Jeffries, Locke, and Houston etc. The football on view is usually non-existent.

Bostonhibby
04-01-2017, 11:34 AM

Any game that involves coaches brought up the Hearts way. Levein, Brown, Jeffries, Locke, and Houston etc. The football on view is usually non-existent.
[emoji1] When the ball spends more than 50% of the game being launched into outer space.

Come to think of it will the yams new fantasy executive boxes not be the winner of this prestigious most restricted view award? Or will they have to actually build it without a view of the pitch before anyone will believe they are serious?

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Kojock
04-01-2017, 11:58 AM

Google "Green Guide" very informative in what qualifies as a restricted view. 👍

bod
04-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Long story short but after two further emails to Dundee Utd (Ian Low) he still refused to comment. Only after I threatened to take the matter further did I receive a telephone call from Mr Low. Basically my email to Dundee Council prompted them to inspect the stand and several more seats in that stand have now been classified as "restricted view". However as an aside he told me that the council decided to inspect the other three stands and several further issues and concerns were identified which Dundee Utd are being forced to address. In the words of Mr Low in a thick Dundonian accent, "The Council went through us like a dose of salts" 😂
He offered me a refund for the difference in the restricted view price and I told him to put it in the first charity box he found.

well done for seeing this through, hopefully other clubs get found out aswell.
nice gesture re your refund shows you weren't doing it just for the cash