PDA

View Full Version : They're going to score here

cleanyman
12-11-2016, 05:11 PM
How predictable a moment was that ?

lugz
12-11-2016, 05:12 PM
Sat and called it at the game. You can just tell sometimes with the way a game is going. Pleased that we never let the head drop and managed to get a point because that's the least we deserved.

Pete
12-11-2016, 05:14 PM
At least we equalised, eh?

:rolleyes:

tamig
12-11-2016, 05:14 PM

As soon as they got the corner I said it was guaranteed. Houston will be delighted with that. His spoiling tactics worked a treat.

calumhibee1
12-11-2016, 05:15 PM
As someone else said I called it at the game and the worst thing was it was with a degree of certainty.

Borderhibbie76
12-11-2016, 05:26 PM
Yeah I said to the girl sat behind me and sadly I was right....so predictable. Only positive was we never stopped battling

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
12-11-2016, 05:34 PM

I don't think there was anybody in the stadium, outside the Falkirk fans, who were surprised at that goal.

Hermit Crab
12-11-2016, 07:25 PM
Said the same to my old man. I said this is their one chance. They took it while we squandered most of ours.....

Famous Fiver
12-11-2016, 08:10 PM
We had 18 corners and didn't get it right yet.

They had one. They scored from it.

Says it all really.

I hope that NL will work on getting finishes out of corners because if they can get it right first time it shouldn't take 18 failures from us and we still don't get it right.

emerald green
12-11-2016, 08:15 PM
I don't think there was anybody in the stadium, outside the Falkirk fans, who were surprised at that goal.

:agree: For a team with one of the best defensive records in the country it's really worrying that Hibs have conceded three of those goals all from corners at ER. It's hurting us big style.

We're a shambles at corners. It's real shut your eyes stuff every time a corner comes into our penalty box.

cabbageandribs1875
12-11-2016, 09:28 PM
Easter Road....falkirk(and their fans) fav away day :agree: 8 games and 6 years since we beat them at ER....that's a ******* disgraceful record

jabis
12-11-2016, 09:52 PM
That's the 8th time this season I've been raging........in the league!
Defence is shocking,what the Fekkin is NL teaching them..........

For the hard of thinking,the above was irony.

eastcoasthibby
13-11-2016, 02:44 PM
NL plays with zonal marking whether that was the problem directly with their goal or not is a debate ..I think it was a bit of both ..no matter what anyone claims the attacker has an advantage over a defender in they have a run at it whereas the defender has a standing jump.there attacker won it and Baird reacted positively where our player didn't ..
We have lost goals at set pieces and personally I think it makes us weaker in these situations ..and decent quality balls in become better for attackers ..who else in Scotland does zonal marking ?????
And in England ?? A couple of teams in the Premiership still do and a couple have moved away from it recently ..so maybe now is the time for him to move us away from it ! especially like yesterday when 2 of our 5 big jumpers were off the park ..for NL to look at honestly ...but it was a disgrace to lose a goal to the only corner they had ..if it doesn't change then it could well be a deciding factor on us going up , unless we can become free scoring ..!!?? Huge IF ...

wookie70
13-11-2016, 02:55 PM
No-one really should have thought they were going to score. I did at the game but take a look at the still from when the ball was descending towards the back post and scratch your head and wonder how Falkirk could possibly score with 8 Hibs defenders and a goalie and only 4 Falkirk attackers. Lennon really needs to sort our marking or zones at corners because yet again we have been undone by shocking communication and marking. Three Falkirk players around the penalty spot and not one of them properly marked goal side. Look at the second still to see the space Baird is in when he hits it. That is criminal defending and it is not the first time I have posted images like this. Surely Professional coaches do something to address these obvious shortcomings.

Waxy
13-11-2016, 03:13 PM
I blame the bedwetters.

wookie70
13-11-2016, 03:27 PM
For the defending at corners I put the blame firmly at Lennon's door. We are a complete shambles and have been since he arrived. Just as well we don't concede too many corners and free kicks.

NAE NOOKIE
13-11-2016, 03:40 PM
Yup ... the second they got the corner I said to my mate, 'here we bloody go' ... its almost an unwritten rule in football that a bunch of cloggers who kill the bloody game no matter how many men they have on the park will get what they don't deserve if you don't punish them and that's what happened.

As for our corners .... I've been saying for years and not just watching us that I just don't get why more teams don't have a man positioned on the far side of the box for when a corner is over hit, at least 5 or 6 times yesterday the ball went over everybody or was cleared to the other side of the box and there wasn't a Hibs player within 10 yards of the bloody thing.

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-11-2016, 07:32 PM
Not only was I 100% convinced that they were going to score when they were awarded the corner but I even knew it was going to be that wee scrote Baird [emoji849]

StevieC
13-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Said to my mate "here comes the sucker punch"

Almost every game we are getting anything from 10-20 shots and scoring one or two goals, other teams have 2 or 3 shots and are taking points off us. Been like that for 3 seasons so not a Lennon problem, but it needs sorted.

Billy Whizz
13-11-2016, 07:50 PM
For the defending at corners I put the blame firmly at Lennon's door. We are a complete shambles and have been since he arrived. Just as well we don't concede too many corners and free kicks.

Generally I would, but 3 players went for the same ball, surely someone should be calling for it

Danderhall Hibs
13-11-2016, 07:54 PM
The zonal marking shout's a funny one. I've not heard it for a few weeks mind.

wookie70
13-11-2016, 08:32 PM
Generally I would, but 3 players went for the same ball, surely someone should be calling for it
Even taking that into account we had one v one plus a player on each post and a goalie and we didn't get within 3yards of Baird. They don't look like they know know what their jobs are

HibbySpurs
13-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Said it as well yesterday, those pictures above are shocking and reek of complete disorganisation and lack of communication.

We have quite skilful defenders who are good with the ball at their feet but are we lacking a bruiser or enforcer in there?

Let's not be too harsh on our defence though, perhaps if we had had better quality final balls & been more clinical yesterday this discussion would be irrelevant...

The fact we couldn't break down a ten man team with no other interest than kicking us off the park is what worries me.

JimBHibees
15-11-2016, 09:00 AM
Said it as well yesterday, those pictures above are shocking and reek of complete disorganisation and lack of communication.

We have quite skilful defenders who are good with the ball at their feet but are we lacking a bruiser or enforcer in there?

Let's not be too harsh on our defence though, perhaps if we had had better quality final balls & been more clinical yesterday this discussion would be irrelevant...

The fact we couldn't break down a ten man team with no other interest than kicking us off the park is what worries me.

I would say McGregor is the enforcer/bruiser we need. He misjudged a cross and an unmarked guy scored it happens but very poor goal to lose.