PDA

View Full Version : a hash broon ay it

Rougier45
01-11-2016, 04:43 AM
Not got the DVD yet --Good things come to those who wait!

also in these days of Smart TVs Netflix , Prime , Iplayers who needs one ! Can It be ordered on iTunes ???

anyways back on point -was was watching trailer on HIBS TV and my boys have picked up on JC .......

referring to his penalty blunder against Dundee U \I get the gist of it -but have never heard the phrase

my boys thinks its a reference to a number 2 and its been the phrase of choice on -on holiday this week ! daein my nut in

I have not lived in Edinburgh fir 20 years is this a common phrase in the Edinburgh community ?

I made a hash broon aye it !

Itsnoteasy
01-11-2016, 09:12 AM
Stayed in capital aw ma days & never heard of this.

Mr White
01-11-2016, 09:16 AM
I'd guess it's just a twist on the "making a hash of something" expression. Any excuse to shoe-horn in a reference to items found in a fried breakfast for Jase :greengrin

Dublin07
01-11-2016, 09:45 AM
They should have made a 3rd disc just for Jason. Every time he speaks is comedy gold. Takes daft laddie to a whole new level but you have to love his banter.

Geo_1875
01-11-2016, 10:25 AM
Jason was hilarious throughout the film. Thought Darren's attempts at admirably were pretty funny as well.

Jonnyboy
01-11-2016, 10:27 AM
Not got the DVD yet --Good things come to those who wait!

also in these days of Smart TVs Netflix , Prime , Iplayers who needs one ! Can It be ordered on iTunes ???

anyways back on point -was was watching trailer on HIBS TV and my boys have picked up on JC .......

referring to his penalty blunder against Dundee U \I get the gist of it -but have never heard the phrase

my boys thinks its a reference to a number 2 and its been the phrase of choice on -on holiday this week ! daein my nut in

I have not lived in Edinburgh fir 20 years is this a common phrase in the Edinburgh community ?

I made a hash broon aye it !

I believe it's known as a Jasonism 😄

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2016, 10:53 AM
"Made a hash of it" is/was fairly common isn't it?

He's added the Broon but other than that I understood where he was going!

Rougier45
01-11-2016, 11:40 AM
I believe it's known as a Jasonism 😄

I like it .

Is he a Saugton Lad --Edinburgh Wert Lingo..

hibbysam
01-11-2016, 11:58 AM
They should have made a 3rd disc just for Jason. Every time he speaks is comedy gold. Takes daft laddie to a whole new level but you have to love his banter.

A Jason/Hendo/McGinn disk would have been brilliant. You can tell they are extremely close with some of the stuff they come out with.

"Before the derby, the manager makes it clear to us, if we score we do not do anything stupid, 4 minutes in Jason scores and celebrates right in front of the Hearts fans" :greengrin

Northern Hibby
02-11-2016, 02:00 PM
"hearts away, love it, we bit Green St" SJM

southsider
02-11-2016, 02:11 PM
Jason was hilarious throughout the film. Thought Darren's attempts at admirably were pretty funny as well.
Jason "can you swear on a DVD ?" "oh right ah made a hash broon ah it". Every interview was priceless. Ah got ma kill at him.