PDA

View Full Version : Dunfermline v Hibs highlights

Johnny_Leith
23-10-2016, 10:38 AM
https://youtu.be/4RCWBN6-TvA

I couldn't make yesterday but it looks like we played well and battled hard to get a rrsukt.

lucky
23-10-2016, 11:04 AM
Slight push by Stevenson for their pen but really soft

grunt
23-10-2016, 11:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RCWBN6-TvA&feature=youtu.be

lyonhibs
23-10-2016, 11:14 AM
Not in a million years is their red card a red, but swings and roundabouts I guess

Onceinawhile
23-10-2016, 11:18 AM

Beyond soft.

Looks like we played well though.

B.H.F.C
23-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Not in a million years is their red card a red, but swings and roundabouts I guess

No quite. We get them with an hour of the game to play at 0-0. That happened in the 93rd minute with the game done and dusted!

SkintHibby
23-10-2016, 11:21 AM
Why are Hibs playing in a hi viz vest every away game?

Raith Rovers aside, why?

Hiber-nation
23-10-2016, 11:22 AM

Raith Rovers aside, why?

Because it's our away strip.

RCNG
23-10-2016, 11:25 AM

Stevenson is standing on the post. It's McGinn that looks like he's 'pushed' his man.

iwasthere1972
23-10-2016, 11:27 AM

Sent off on 90+2. That rings a bell.

No swings and roundabouts. 3-1 down and right at the end of the match.

Onion
23-10-2016, 11:27 AM
Robust challenge at the end but never a red card. Yet again, should expect this downgraded to a yellow, showing the quality of refereeing.

neil7908
23-10-2016, 11:29 AM

I agree, definitely a poor tackle deserving of a yellow but not a red IMO.

Also,they should never have been awarded a penalty for the kind of stuff that happens at every corner or ball into the box.

The standard of refereeing in this league is really poor.

Let's get video evidence and we can end a lot of the controversy.

hibsbollah
23-10-2016, 11:33 AM
How the incident for our penalty wasn't a red card is just unfathomable. Last man, jumped on his back while running in on the keeper!

SkintHibby
23-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Because it's our away strip.

Eh? So every team plays green with white sleeves at home against us?

I thought the alternate strip was only used when colours/designs clashed?

The Green Goblin
23-10-2016, 11:37 AM
The ref couldn't even get the minute's silence right....

J-C
23-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Theirs is a fairly soft penalty but he did clatter the guy in the back of the neck, went down like a sack of spuds though and their red was a yellow at most, a petulant kick from behind that didn't hurt anyone.

Moulin Yarns
23-10-2016, 11:40 AM
I think the red card is more for the violent intent. The Pars player was not going for the ball and just wanted to kick out. IMHO of course

staunchhibby
23-10-2016, 11:43 AM
Never a red for the dunfy player.Others got away with worse during the game.

matty_f
23-10-2016, 11:45 AM
I think the red card is more for the violent intent. The Pars player was not going for the ball and just wanted to kick out. IMHO of course

That's what I thought as well, though it's a fairly soft red.

snooky
23-10-2016, 11:55 AM
Never a red for the dunfy player.Others got away with worse during the game.

Yep I thought it was a bit soft and the Hibs player (Shinnie?) who pushed the offender was lucky he didn't walk too.

Peevemor
23-10-2016, 11:57 AM
From the highlights I thought our penalty was the softest of 3 we could have had. Shinnie complained to the ref when the Dunfermline player was booked - did he think it was too much or not enough? For their red, Shinnie should have been booked (at least) for his shove. Their penalty reminds me of the one we got against Dundee Utd. at ER during the Matty Jack throw-in game.

Onceinawhile
23-10-2016, 11:59 AM
How the incident for our penalty wasn't a red card is just unfathomable. Last man, jumped on his back while running in on the keeper!

Last man is no longer a sending off offence. (it hasn't been for years, but I digress).

Though having said that, it should have been a sending off as he didn't make an effort to play the ball.

Thecat23
23-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Eh? So every team plays green with white sleeves at home against us?

I thought the alternate strip was only used when colours/designs clashed?

No, the away strip is used in away games funnily enough 😁 Teams do it to promote sales of away tops.

flash
23-10-2016, 12:05 PM
I thought both pens were correctly awarded. Red card for intent rather than outcome.

SkintHibby
23-10-2016, 12:10 PM
No, the away strip is used in away games funnily enough 😁 Teams do it to promote sales of away tops.

Cheers. Would rather Hibs promoted sales in their normal kit.:agree: It's not the same seeing Hibs away from home in pishy hi viz yellow.

PatHead
23-10-2016, 12:14 PM
From the highlights I thought our penalty was the softest of 3 we could have had. Shinnie complained to the ref when the Dunfermline player was booked - did he think it was too much or not enough? For their red, Shinnie should have been booked (at least) for his shove. Their penalty reminds me of the one we got against Dundee Utd. at ER during the Matty Jack throw-in game.Shinnie was booked for the shove.

Peevemor
23-10-2016, 12:17 PM
Shinnie was booked for the shove.
Ah. OK.

NAE NOOKIE
23-10-2016, 12:17 PM
Softest of soft penalties for their goal, but I suppose some refs would have given it. The ref is allowed to give a yellow in a last man situation in the box if the player has made a genuine attempt to win the ball, not sure how climbing on a players back constitutes that. The push on Boyle in the 2nd half was worse than both of these incidents, but he gives nothing .... no wonder players and fans get frustrated.

Much much better from Hibs in the 2nd half, lets hope we can continue with that type of performance .... the straight red was a wee bit harsh, but I suppose intent more than anything got the guy sent off.

Fantastic turn out from the Hibs support for this one .... Its a shame Dunfermline are in the championship, East End park is 10 times better than half the rubbish in the premiership that pass for stadiums ... a proper football ground.

Keith_M
23-10-2016, 12:22 PM

Hibs should wear the 'Home' strip only, unless there's a clash of colours.

What's really stupid is that both teams were playing in their change strips.

brog
23-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Last man is no longer a sending off offence. (it hasn't been for years, but I digress).

Though having said that, it should have been a sending off as he didn't make an effort to play the ball.

TBH I don't think " last man " was ever a sending off offence, I think it was always "denying a clear scoring opportunity" & of course being the last man fits that description. Having said that you're perfectly correct re the current Law & also re your point about not attempting to play the ball. In fact a red card was appropriate for 2 of the 3 categories as shown in bold/italics below. Alan Muir makes an error, who'd have thought it!!

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned unless:

The offence is holding, pulling or pushing or
The offending player does not attempt to play the ball or there is no possibility for the player making the challenge to play the ball or
The offence is one which is punishable by a red card wherever it occurs on the field of play (e.g. serious foul play, violent conduct etc.)

In all the above circumstances the player is sent off.

Billy Whizz
23-10-2016, 01:04 PM
Yep I thought it was a bit soft and the Hibs player (Shinnie?) who pushed the offender was lucky he didn't walk too.

I was worried that Shinnie was going to get sent off too
Shouldn't get involved

SmashinGlass
23-10-2016, 01:14 PM
All things aside, I just want to say well done to Farid. After their pen, Higginbotham makes a beeline to celebrate in front of our fans and Farid was right over getting him to stop. I was well impressed by that. Clearly we've left a good mark on him.

Heisenberg
23-10-2016, 01:15 PM
All things aside, I just want to say well done to Farid. After their pen, Higginbotham makes a beeline to celebrate in front of our fans and Farid was right over getting him to stop. I was well impressed by that. Clearly we've left a good mark on him.

Yeah I clocked that too. He was already celebrating in front of the Hibs fans and Farid arrived looking rather unhappy and pushed him away. Nice guy.

NAE NOOKIE
23-10-2016, 01:16 PM

Raith Rovers aside, why?

In recent seasons playing in a dark green home top and a purple away strip hasn't done us any favours IMO .... the floodlights at some of the grounds we play at probably aren't the best and I think its a lot better to play in a high visibility kit so that players don't have a problem picking each other out, even if its the difference of a hundredth of a second in seeing a pass a bright strip probably helps.

Its like I said on a previous thread .... most successful sports teams pay attention to any factor that might help them win, no matter how tiny and I think this is one that Hibs have rightly concentrated on.

Keith_M
23-10-2016, 01:28 PM
In recent seasons playing in a dark green home top and a purple away strip hasn't done us any favours IMO .... the floodlights at some of the grounds we play at probably aren't the best and I think its a lot better to play in a high visibility kit so that players don't have a problem picking each other out, even if its the difference of a hundredth of a second in seeing a pass a bright strip probably helps.

Its like I said on a previous thread .... most successful sports teams pay attention to any factor that might help them win, no matter how tiny and I think this is one that Hibs have rightly concentrated on.

Are you suggesting we change our colours to luminous yellow?

:eek:

NAE NOOKIE
23-10-2016, 01:33 PM
Are you suggesting we change our colours to luminous yellow?

:eek:

Ha ha ................. No I'm not, but as I said its always handy to have a go to bright strip for certain venues, I would agree that yesterday wasn't one of them, our current home strip would have been fine .... I've no idea why Dunfermline wore their away kit, very strange :greengrin

CockneyRebel
23-10-2016, 01:43 PM

According to a ref's autobiography (can't remember his name - it was the English guy who booked a player twice in a world cup match and never sent him off) there has never ever been a "last man" rule. He said it was just something that evolved within the game without actually ever being officially introduced.

Callyballybe
23-10-2016, 02:24 PM

Was just about to write this - why were Dunfermline playing in their away kit as well?

tanfield
23-10-2016, 04:31 PM

This!

greenginger
23-10-2016, 04:31 PM

Definitely something in what you say.

A few years back Man. Utd wore a black/charcoal change strip and never won a game in it. Claimed it was unlucky and got binned.

I would love for Hibs to get back to the shade of green the strips were in the 60's, that was the colour I got hooked on. :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
23-10-2016, 05:04 PM

Agree. Never a red I don't even think he meant the kick out he was pushed by a hibs player. They will win that on appeal. A good win though. Looked ominous when they went ahead but a great second half performance from the lads got the point. Badly needed I might add.

Dashing Bob S
23-10-2016, 05:14 PM
Another one-sided game. Hopefully we'll start getting the results our dominance merits soon. Bring on the Saints.

PatHead
23-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Agree. Never a red I don't even think he meant the kick out he was pushed by a hibs player. They will win that on appeal. A good win though. Looked ominous when they went ahead but a great second half performance from the lads got the point. Badly needed I might add.

Thought the red card looked worse at the game. The guy just lashed out in frustration.

coco22
23-10-2016, 05:37 PM
Interestingly have spoken to a few Pars supporting mates and they thought Hibs were outstanding in the second half. They also thought the ref was shocking but highlighted our 'clear tactic' to dive at any contact to get fouls (citing the Neil Lennon factor). They were very complimentary about Holt's ability to fill his shirt as well.

Bunch of pricks and it was nice to give them a few GIRFUY messages.

:greengrin:flag:

JimBHibees
23-10-2016, 05:47 PM

Quite incredible decision. Boy is a cheat on the top of the very soft pen for them.

Iggy Pope
23-10-2016, 05:55 PM
Interestingly have spoken to a few Pars supporting mates and they thought Hibs were outstanding in the second half. They also thought the ref was shocking but highlighted our 'clear tactic' to dive at any contact to get fouls (citing the Neil Lennon factor). They were very complimentary about Holt's ability to fill his shirt as well.

Bunch of pricks and it was nice to give them a few GIRFUY messages.

:greengrin:flag:

Did they say much about the said 'ref' tooting on his whistle while their announcer was trying hard to explain to all present, exactly who we were having the minute applause for? Set the tone of his performance for me. Can't get that bit of no-pressure protocol right what chance have we got in the heat of the battle with the balloon?

danhibees1875
23-10-2016, 06:18 PM

Because that's not the rules anymore. Shinnie clearly didn't know either going by his protest. On Shinnie, the shove on Monday was unnecessary and could easily have seen him get a red. Edit: read a bit further down the thread and can see that maybe it should have been. That wasn't my understanding of the rules but fair enough!

Was keatings injury the result of his attempt at a knee dive while celebrating? If so, a bit silly otherwise.

Was good to see their highlights reduced to an easily dealt with corner after their goal. Coming to life after conceding, is sort of like a positive version of butchers old "once the opposition score we won't be scared of conceding first" mantra.

Iggy Pope
23-10-2016, 06:21 PM
Because that's not the rules anymore. Shinnie clearly didn't know either going by his protest. On Shinnie, the shove on Monday was unnecessary and could easily have seen him get a red.

Was keatings injury the result of his attempt at a knee dive while celebrating? If so, a bit silly otherwise.

Was good to see their highlights reduced to an easily dealt with corner after their goal. Coming to life after conceding, is sort of like a positive version of butchers old "once the opposition score we won't be scared of conceding first" mantra.

You've not been near this game have you?

Edit
Here is the BBC take on the rule change. All applies.

Players committing accidental fouls that deny a goalscoring chance will now be cautioned.

But deliberate fouls will still incur a red card.

Those include holding, pulling or pushing, not playing the ball, serious foul play, violent conduct or deliberate handball in order to deny a goalscoring opportunity.

JimBHibees
23-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Because that's not the rules anymore. Shinnie clearly didn't know either going by his protest. On Shinnie, the shove on Monday was unnecessary and could easily have seen him get a red. Edit: read a bit further down the thread and can see that maybe it should have been. That wasn't my understanding of the rules but fair enough!

It is still the rules if the defender makes no genuine attempt to play the ball which was clearly the case here. Certain red card.

coco22
23-10-2016, 06:29 PM

Keatings was injured pressing play upfield in the intense way that we decided to play in the second half (albeit a wee bit over-zealously). Think it was straight after the kick off from his goal, hence the extra juice in his stride!!

Billy Whizz
23-10-2016, 06:46 PM
Think this is the rule now
A foul on a running striker committed by the last man of the defence will no longer result in a direct red card and suspension, unless the foul is violent or consists in a hand-ball in the box. As long as the foul is judged to be an honest attempt at taking the ball, the defender will only be shown a yellow card.

Think the challenge wasn't violent yesterday

jgl07
23-10-2016, 07:04 PM
Definitely something in what you say.

A few years back Man. Utd wore a black/charcoal change strip and never won a game in it. Claimed it was unlucky and got binned.

I would love for Hibs to get back to the shade of green the strips were in the 60's, that was the colour I got hooked on. :thumbsup:
Are you not thinking of the strip they wore in the first half at Southampton that was used in 1996?

Alex Ferguson changed the strip at half-time when United were getting gubbed 3-0.

I don't think it made another appearance!

erin go bragh
23-10-2016, 07:08 PM
A foul on a running striker committed by the last man of the defence will no longer result in a direct red card and suspension, unless the foul is violent or consists in a hand-ball in the box. As long as the foul is judged to be an honest attempt at taking the ball, the defender will only be shown a yellow card.

It wasn't violent but he made no attempt to play the ball . He was lucky to stay on the park .

SouthMoroccoStu
23-10-2016, 07:19 PM

Just about to post the exact sand thing

Well done Farid

I can't figure out why Higginbotham wanted to go to the Hibs fans to goad them?

Why don't go to your home fans?

I can understand why it happens in grudge and Derby games but this was just a bit random

Can anyone shed any light?

Brooster
23-10-2016, 07:22 PM
Lack of brains, ability and fashion sense. I wonder if he had a bet on himself to score first cough cough.

Just about to post the exact
sand thing

Well done Farid

I can understand why it happens in grudge and Derby games but this was just a bit random

brog
23-10-2016, 07:23 PM

I cut & pasted the current Law in post 30. There are 3 categories for a sending off even if a pen is awarded & the Dunfy player's challenge fitted 2 of the 3. ( pushing & no attempt to play the ball ). It should have been a red.

danhibees1875
23-10-2016, 07:29 PM
You've not been near this game have you?

Edit
Here is the BBC take on the rule change. All applies.

Players committing accidental fouls that deny a goalscoring chance will now be cautioned.

But deliberate fouls will still incur a red card.

Those include holding, pulling or pushing, not playing the ball, serious foul play, violent conduct or deliberate handball in order to deny a goalscoring opportunity.

Just the highlights and some basic updates. I knew keatings went off soon after scoring and the last of him in the highlights are h going head over heels after a knee slide (looking back, it doesn't look like he hit his knees particularly hard and another poster has explained the injury).

I had edited my post for the update on the rules - to be fair to the Dunfy boy it's not like he has taken him out. Just had an awful touch, was beaten for pace/shinnies alertness and then there was a collision as they both went for the ball.

coco22
23-10-2016, 07:48 PM

Well done Farid

Am sure it's because he's a wee scrote - an angry wee man and that was more important to him than going to his own fans. Should have been sent off at ER earlier this season too.

BoomtownHibees
23-10-2016, 07:59 PM
Whoever the Dunf groundsman is must have had a line before painting the halfway line

cmcd
23-10-2016, 08:17 PM
Yeah I clocked that too. He was already celebrating in front of the Hibs fans and Farid arrived looking rather unhappy and pushed him away. Nice guy.

Wasn't very nice when he kicked David Gray in the back when Gray was on the deck

PatHead
23-10-2016, 08:20 PM
Wasn't very nice when he kicked David Gray in the back when Gray was on the deck

Noticed that as well. Ref had clear view of that as well

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-10-2016, 08:53 PM
1) Extremely soft pen for them.
2) Should have been a red at our pen.
3) Ridiculous red card decision. Shinnies push was probably more of a straight red than the actual tackle.

3 major decisions and the ref got them all wrong. Why is he still allowed to ref? Consistently abysmal.

As for us wearing our away strip so often. For the first time in a while we've got a strip that's easy to pick out when attempting a pass. Will undoubtedly make a difference, admittedly small, to our play. I would imagine the players enjoy wearing it for this reason. Seems to be working out okay so far. Are Dunfermline's home shorts/socks not black? Maybe why they wore their change strip yesterday?

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-10-2016, 08:54 PM

Well done Farid

Maybe he guessed that they were only going to score once so that was his one and only chance?

S4uzee
23-10-2016, 09:12 PM
Am sure it's because he's a wee scrote - an angry wee man and that was more important to him than going to his own fans. Should have been sent off at ER earlier this season too.

Didn't understand it either, sure I've seen him in the Hibs end at tynecastle before

Nicho87
23-10-2016, 09:32 PM
Am i the only one thinking the ref got it right not sending off the pars player for our penalty. I thought under new rules brought in this season if you get a penalty due to a last man incident such as saturday its a yellow card as the advantage is the penalty kick, where as if its a red card and a penalty thats two advantages. Dont shoot me down just thought that was a new ruling which thw ref did get right on saturday.

greenlex
23-10-2016, 09:53 PM
Strange highlights when Farids one on one with Marciano doesnt appear when they are a goal up but a cross across the goal going to nobody is included. I Reckon Farid is the Editor.:greengrin

Shrekko
23-10-2016, 09:58 PM
Am i the only one thinking the ref got it right not sending off the pars player for our penalty. I thought under new rules brought in this season if you get a penalty due to a last man incident such as saturday its a yellow card as the advantage is the penalty kick, where as if its a red card and a penalty thats two advantages. Dont shoot me down just thought that was a new ruling which thw ref did get right on saturday.

It depends on whether a genuine attempt to get the ball has been made.

HibbyKeith
23-10-2016, 10:13 PM

That would make sense, especially when you look at the red card in this incident in a Bundesliga game yesterday. Only difference here is the guy scores the resulting free kick :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q_JG3qN0GM

snooky
23-10-2016, 11:31 PM
I thought the rule was not about 'the last man'. It was 'preventing a scoring opportunity'.
That said, many times it will be a 1 on 1 situation however, if it was say, near the corner flag and a 1 on 1 would that be classed as a scoring opportunity? I think not.
Likewise, if a player was about to kick the ball into an empty net and was brought down (even if there were other defenders forward of him) this would surely fall under the 'scoring opportunity' scenario.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-10-2016, 09:51 AM
Farid pushing Higginbotham away from the Hibs fans when he scored, good guy.

JDHibs
24-10-2016, 10:32 AM
Their penalty was very soft. Not alot in it, hence why no Pars player shouted for it.

Higgingbotham is a wee rat. Celebrated infront of us to wide us up, funny that after he done that, he didnt touch the ball the rest of the game. McGregors back pocket must be full this morning. Well done to Farid for pushing him away from us.

Guy wasnt sent off for our penalty due to rule changes in the summer, cant double penalize a team anymore. So was the correct decision.

Their red was a weird one, Shinnies reaction was stupid and well done to Hanlon for dragging him away. Another red to be rescinded i imagine.

Ref had a shocking first half, but notice that when we play our game, the ref doesnt come into it? Didnt do alot wrong in the 2nd half because we didnt let him. We controlled the game and dominated.

Dunfermline have a good front line with Farid and Reilly, decent wide players in Higgingbotham and Cardle (when fit) but their central midfield and whole defence is shocking. Respect to them for trying to play against us with a 4-4-2 and no sit and defend for 90.

Shinnies play for the 3rd goal was superb!

hibsmad
24-10-2016, 10:54 AM

I believe Dunfermline were playing in their change strip due to it being their disabled supporters awareness day. They had some text or a badge (not sure which) on the strip and were auctioning them off after the game. The text/badge would not have looked good on their home strip due to it clashing with the black and white.

cabbageandribs1875
24-10-2016, 11:17 AM
Farid pushing Higginbotham away from the Hibs fans when he scored, good guy.

Farid tapping David Gray on the back with his studs(when gray was flat out facing the ground), not so good guy

brog
24-10-2016, 11:43 AM

I cut & pasted the law in post 30 on this thread. It was a red!

brog
24-10-2016, 11:50 AM
Their penalty was very soft. Not alot in it, hence why no Pars player shouted for it.

Higgingbotham is a wee rat. Celebrated infront of us to wide us up, funny that after he done that, he didnt touch the ball the rest of the game. McGregors back pocket must be full this morning. Well done to Farid for pushing him away from us.

Guy wasnt sent off for our penalty due to rule changes in the summer, cant double penalize a team anymore. So was the correct decision.

Not correct I'm afraid, read the Law in post 30.

Their red was a weird one, Shinnies reaction was stupid and well done to Hanlon for dragging him away. Another red to be rescinded i imagine.

Ref had a shocking first half, but notice that when we play our game, the ref doesnt come into it? Didnt do alot wrong in the 2nd half because we didnt let him. We controlled the game and dominated.

Apart from missing a clear cut pen for us & as above not sending their man off. Don't forget we were only 1 goal up going into injury time, one lucky break for them & the fact we controlled the game is irrelevant.

Dunfermline have a good front line with Farid and Reilly, decent wide players in Higgingbotham and Cardle (when fit) but their central midfield and whole defence is shocking. Respect to them for trying to play against us with a 4-4-2 and no sit and defend for 90.

Agreed, anyone know why our game finished so late? We were last h/t score on Sky. Don't tell me Muir can't even read a watch!

WeeRussell

Well done Farid

Going by another thread on here on a small few of our fans' behaviour - it wouldn't surprise me if a couple of shouts or actions gave him good reason to celebrate in front of them. First thing I noticed from the highlights was Farid telling him no to bother with that nonsense though - nice one from a good guy :agree:

StevieCowan
I cut & pasted the law in post 30 on this thread. It was a red!

Spot on 👍

Hibbyradge
24-10-2016, 12:08 PM

If he brought him down deliberately, without attempting to play the ball, it should have been a red.

What if the ref thought he was just clumsy? It's still a prnslty, but wouldn't a yellow be correct?

Hiber-nation
24-10-2016, 12:13 PM
Agreed, anyone know why our game finished so late? We were last h/t score on Sky. Don't tell me Muir can't even read a watch!
[/B]

The game started 3 minutes late. Don't know if it was due to the minute's applause or because there were so many Hibs fans still queuing.

where'stheslope
24-10-2016, 03:46 PM

I thought that Fosters Challenge to win the ball was a bit two footed to be honest but after the red card, Holt is looking at the linesman as if we got away with something?
As for the penalties, put it down to Scottish referees!

brog
24-10-2016, 03:48 PM
If he brought him down deliberately, without attempting to play the ball, it should have been a red.

What if the ref thought he was just clumsy? It's still a prnslty, but wouldn't a yellow be correct?

Not really, in addition to the above, if the offence is holding, pulling or pushing the punishment is a red card. I posted earlier, the Dunfy player's reaction shows he expected & should have received red.

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-10-2016, 07:27 PM

Paragraph 3 is incorrect. You absolutely CAN still double punish a team if there is no attempt to play the ball. The rule was changed so a player who is genuinely attempting to win the ball isn't automatically sent off as well as a penalty. Guy on Saturday made zero attempt to win the ball and instead tried to climb on Shinnies back. 100% a red card both before, and after, the rule change.

O'Rourke3
24-10-2016, 08:27 PM
[/B]

Pre match stuff delayed KO according to Tam McManus at the game. We were miles behind everyone else.

ancient hibee
24-10-2016, 09:54 PM
Paragraph 3 is incorrect. You absolutely CAN still double punish a team if there is no attempt to play the ball. The rule was changed so a player who is genuinely attempting to win the ball isn't automatically sent off as well as a penalty. Guy on Saturday made zero attempt to win the ball and instead tried to climb on Shinnies back. 100% a red card both before, and after, the rule change.

Can we expect to see red cards for grappling at corners or should we not hold our breath waiting?Maybe refs will chicken out by always giving the foul in favour of the defender.

Edinburgher
24-10-2016, 10:56 PM
I like how Farid pushes Higginbotham away from celebrating in front of our fans for the penalty.

wookie70
24-10-2016, 11:25 PM
To be fair McGinn wasn't making an effort to play the ball for the Pars pen. By the letter of the law he could have been red carded. I always hated the double penalty situation and bar violent conduct I hope refs go with a booking and a pen in the vast majority of these incidents