PDA

View Full Version : John mcginn

murray26
24-09-2016, 11:11 PM
I thought he was head and shoulders above anyone on the park today.. We need to go up or he is gone.. No complaints.. Class act..

PompeyHibs
24-09-2016, 11:16 PM
Another game when the Hibs midfield did not score.
We seem to have a good bunch of box to box midfielders but dont have any goalscorers.

How can super J help us win games and score some goals.

At the level we are playing guys like super J should aim for at least 6 possibly 10 goals a season

Thoughts??

murray26
24-09-2016, 11:22 PM
Another game when the Hibs midfield did not score.
We seem to have a good bunch of box to box midfielders but dont have any goalscorers.

How can super J help us win games and score some goals.

At the level we are playing guys like super J should aim for at least 6 possibly 10 goals a season

Thoughts??

Agree.. That would put the final touches to his game.. I believe it will happen.. Keeper had a very good stop from him in the 2nd half.. And he is putting himself in better scoring positions..

PompeyHibs
24-09-2016, 11:26 PM
Agree.. That would put the final touches to his game.. I believe it will happen.. Keeper had a very good stop from him in the 2nd half.. And he is putting himself in better scoring positions..

Im hoping that he adds the goals to his game as that would benefit us but i also think that would establish him in the Scotland team. He would be the new Scott Brown or even better.

As a group the Hibs midfield somehow need to chip in with goals, we hardly score

The_Horde
25-09-2016, 01:02 AM
Quality player. Needs someone with a bit of magic beside him to fully get the best out of him, someone who is better at unlocking defences and scoring. He definitely has the ability to do both but we need someone to alleviate that pressure on him.

PompeyHibs
25-09-2016, 02:28 AM
Quality player. Needs someone with a bit of magic beside him to fully get the best out of him, someone who is better at unlocking defences and scoring. He definitely has the ability to do both but we need someone to alleviate that pressure on him.10/10

Ergye
25-09-2016, 02:46 AM
Quality player. Needs someone with a bit of magic beside him to fully get the best out of him, someone who is better at unlocking defences and scoring. He definitely has the ability to do both but we need someone to alleviate that pressure on him.

No offence mate, but you're typical of this site. All answers with no tangible solutions.

Who knows? not me. I never lost control. You're face to face with the man who sold the world.

Bla bla bla bla.

Highland_Hibee
25-09-2016, 05:14 AM
No offence mate, but you're typical of this site. All answers with no tangible solutions.

Who knows? not me. I never lost control. You're face to face with the man who sold the world.

Bla bla bla bla.

Ehh? The man just said we need a goal scoring midfielder in a round about way. Which we do BTW. Our midfield is gash at contributing to the scoresheet. Truth hurts.

With McGinn's close control and drive I would like to see him take on a more forward role. Think someone like Eden Hazard. You see him getting into the box creating panic all the time.

We have plenty players suited to centre mid. Could do worse than affording McGinn some time in an advanced position on the left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
25-09-2016, 07:06 AM
I thought he was head and shoulders above anyone on the park today.. We need to go up or he is gone.. No complaints.. Class act..

Agree sort of, but i think he is one of the main players i expect more from - eith his ability, he should ne stamping his authority all over matches and he needs to add more goals.

Borderhibbie76
25-09-2016, 07:32 AM
Mcginn is a real talent no doubt but until he adds some goals to his locker he isn't going to attract top clubs...like the rest of the midfield his lack of goals is our achilles heel at present

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Super_JMcGinn
25-09-2016, 08:57 AM
Mcginn is a real talent no doubt but until he adds some goals to his locker he isn't going to attract top clubs...like the rest of the midfield his lack of goals is our achilles heel at present

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Make no mistake he is attracting attention already, and they don't care he is not scoring goals at the moment. Some of the greatest midfielders in the world past and present weren't prolific goalscorers.

The_Horde
25-09-2016, 09:00 AM

Bla bla bla bla.

Deary me.

Did you not post on here before as Sauzeesteeth?

Heisenberg
25-09-2016, 09:07 AM
Shinnie should be the attacking goal scoring midfielder we need. He was hopeless against Ayr so rightly dropped yesterday. Hoping for much more from him.

green day
25-09-2016, 09:11 AM
Shinnie should be the attacking goal scoring midfielder we need. He was hopeless against Ayr so rightly dropped yesterday. Hoping for much more from him.

He was, but for whatever reason the whole team was off form v Ayr. It reminded me of that horror show v Morton last season.

My hope is that we are shaking these habits out the system, and the one positive is that Lennon seems happy to drop a non performing player........ something Stubbs never really did (Oxley aside)

neil7908
25-09-2016, 09:38 AM
Two things:

1) What instructions is Lennon giving Mcginn? Maybe he's being told to stay further back and not get into the box? It feels to me that he's been shooting a lot more this season, albeit from quite far out.

2) I think there is more pressure on him due to his clear talent but also because no one else in that central midfield position (Mcgeough, Mcginn, Fyvie and Bartley) look even close to scoring so John gets all the expectation centred on him. As others have alluded to he needs someone else who can play further forward. Hoping Shinnie is that player but his form has been mixed so far.

Someone else posted a stat earlier on his goalscoring record at St Mirren and it was poor. I'm less convinced his lack of goals is down to him being a young player developing and more that it's just not in his game.

Jdawg
25-09-2016, 12:42 PM
We really need both strikers that play to be scoring goals regularly and not bring solely reliant on Cummings. Especially when there next to no goals coming from midfield.

GreenArmyyy!
25-09-2016, 12:57 PM

Bla bla bla bla.

What on earth are you talking about?

Pretty Boy
25-09-2016, 01:05 PM
Jason Holt has scored 13 goals in 50 games for Rangers. McGinn has managed 4 in 98 for St Mirren and 5 in 52 for Hibs.

We need a goalscoring midfielder but I'm not sure it's going to be McGinn, it doesn't seem to be a part of his game.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-09-2016, 01:17 PM

Bla bla bla bla.

Equally no offence but if the point of your comment is about non value clichés then right back at you.

The Leith Dutch
25-09-2016, 01:40 PM

Spot on mate.

We've been playing Bartley and Fyvie together - both are good players but neither are real creators.
Add to that we have full backs trying to play as wing backs and we're expecting Shinnie and McGinn to do all the set up work.

I think both would shine if we either had proper wing backs or you replace one of Fyvie/Bartley with an out and out playmaker.
Basically Scott Allan only, y'know, not Scott Allan :)

Itsnoteasy
25-09-2016, 02:19 PM
Im hoping that he adds the goals to his game as that would benefit us but i also think that would establish him in the Scotland team. He would be the new Scott Brown or even better.

As a group the Hibs midfield somehow need to chip in with goals, we hardly score

Scott Brown is hardly a goalscorer.

Lago
25-09-2016, 02:39 PM

Bla bla bla bla.
You been drinking, cant make head nor tail of this.

superfurryhibby
25-09-2016, 04:14 PM
I would ask SMG to watch a compliation of Pat McGinley and see how it's done. Failing that get greedy and take people on, drive into the box and sometimes make runs that take you past the strikers and into threatening positions.

McGinn is a good player, but he needs to be more confident. We need goals from midfield and he has the skill to make that kind of impact. Play him centrally too. Midfield seem unable to link closely to our strikers. Very little footballing rapport evident at times.

Sir David Gray
25-09-2016, 05:10 PM
He was brilliant yesterday and deserved to be on the winning side.