PDA

View Full Version : Darren mcgregor at Leith links

mjhibby
07-09-2016, 07:07 PM
Just to say a big thank you to darren mcgregor for bringing the cup down to Leith links tonight. He was so patient and such a pleasant guy to talk to.Said he didn't know when it would sink in but they are so determined to get promoted. Thanks again to darren and hibs and Jim from Leith links for organising it. There were a lot of very happy kids and some very happy mums getting there photo with darren and the cup.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-09-2016, 07:23 PM
The big felly is Hibs class :agree:

Can only imagine what it means to him and Paul Hanlon, born and bred Hibbies, finally lifting the cup. :top marks

lord bunberry
07-09-2016, 07:25 PM
I drove passed it earlier, I couldn't make out who the player was though. There must have been a lot of happy kids in there.

leith
07-09-2016, 07:44 PM
On behalf of Leith Athletic FC, I'd like to thank Hibs and Darren McGregor for tonight.

A good crowd was down the Links for some pictures and autographs and it was great of Darren to give up his personal time out to speak to the kids.

Darren is from Leith and played for the club for 7-years as a kid before moving on to Cowdenbeath.

After Leith Athletic were reformed in 1996, Darren was captain of the club when we won our first trophy.

A great lad and a true Leither!!

cabbageandribs1875
07-09-2016, 07:51 PM
On behalf of Leith Athletic FC, I'd like to thank Hibs and Darren McGregor for tonight.

A good crowd was down the Links for some pictures and autographs and it was great of Darren to give up his personal time out to speak to the kids.

Darren is from Leith and played for the club for 7-years as a kid before moving on to Cowdenbeath.

After Leith Athletic were reformed in 1996, Darren was captain of the club when we won our first trophy.

best of luck v Cumbernauld colts :wink: Hibs v Leith Athletic SC final :agree:

mjhibby
08-09-2016, 06:28 AM

Total class indeed and a fantastic ambassador for our great club.

leith
08-09-2016, 10:23 AM
best of luck v Cumbernauld colts :wink: Hibs v Leith Athletic SC final :agree:

Game looks like being Sunday 25th September at Ainslie Park Stadium, 4pm ko.

Cracking interview in the EEN today with Darrn - http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/darren-mcgregor-hopes-his-great-story-inspires-leith-kids-1-4224289

Craig_HFC
08-09-2016, 10:25 AM
I ****ing love Darren McGregor.

mjhibby
08-09-2016, 11:48 AM
Weather gods must be hibbies as the weather was lovely on the links yesterday. Everything going hibs way now.

jacomo
08-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Yet another incredible story from 21st May.

Born and bred Leither, doesn't turn pro until he's 24, two serious injuries, bizarrely released by The Rangers so he can be in the Hibs team that beats them in the final, brings the Scottish Cup back to Leith Links, the place he played as a boy.

patlowe
08-09-2016, 01:35 PM

Game looks like being Sunday 25th September at Ainslie Park Stadium, 4pm ko.

Cracking interview in the EEN today with Darrn - http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/darren-mcgregor-hopes-his-great-story-inspires-leith-kids-1-4224289

Such a lovely touch from Darren to mention my dad in that article. Sheer class from a guy who I'm sure we'd all agree is an inspiration and a wonderful ambassador for the club.