PDA

View Full Version : London Hibs Sunday League Team

yogi_campfire
20-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Is there anyone on here who would be interested in playing Sunday league for the Hibs Supporters Club team in London this year?

We play in a Supporters Club League with teams like Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers. Most of the matches in the South-West, around Earlsfield and Barnes.

All welcome, would be good to get some more Hibees involved!

yogi_campfire
22-08-2016, 08:10 PM
If anyone fancies it throughout the season they are always welcome.

son of haggart
23-08-2016, 11:28 AM

Is this still the APSCIL league then?

Played in it in the 80s for Hearts and also Blackpool

My favourite memory was playing for Blackpool in the first division against Rangers who IIRC were in a shout of winning the league. However they started arguing then firing amongst themselves and had two men sent off for fighting each other and we stuffed them - a happy day!

Brummie_Hibs
23-08-2016, 10:37 PM
I used to play for the Scotland team, and would love to play again. But..

1. Barnes is miles away from Hertford
2. I am too old, unfit and rubbish
3. I really am too old, unfit and rubbish

Saying that, I have swithered about getting the old Original ERIN Hibs squad together for a shot at the WorldNet veterans tournament.

lyonhibs
23-08-2016, 10:45 PM

My favourite memory was playing for Blackpool in the first division against Rangers who IIRC were in a shout of winning the league. However they started arguing then firing amongst themselves and had two men sent off for fighting each other and we stuffed them - a happy day!

I know it was the 80's and whatnot, but that seems a bit extreme even for Johnny Hun :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
24-08-2016, 12:42 AM

My favourite memory was playing for Blackpool in the first division against Rangers who IIRC were in a shout of winning the league. However they started arguing then fighting amongst themselves and had two men sent off for fighting each other and we stuffed them - a happy day!

:faf: always good

I know it was the 80's and whatnot, but that seems a bit extreme even for Johnny Hun :confused:

sevco/sellick and even hertz fans quite often started fighting amongst themselves in the Dunbar end in those days

lyonhibs
24-08-2016, 06:35 AM
:faf: always good

sevco/sellick and even hertz fans quite often started fighting amongst themselves in the Dunbar end in those days

Ah there's been a hasty edit. The OP did say "firing amongst each other"

son of haggart
24-08-2016, 06:45 AM
Ah there's been a hasty edit. The OP did say "firing amongst each other"

I did, though of course I meant fighting. The games were played at Wormwood Scrubs in those days and firing would have led to some police interest ...

M_L
25-08-2016, 06:16 AM
I'd be interested in getting involved, is there training through the week or is it just games on a sunday?

yogi_campfire
01-09-2016, 09:24 PM

The very same league. The Huns are still just fighting with everyone, they never learn...