PDA

View Full Version : Best new household item you've bought recently...

snooky
28-06-2016, 06:14 PM
I bought a new toilet roll holder that you just slide the empty roll off the end and slip the new one with ease.

No more mucking around with spring-loaded barrels for me. Luxury! :aok:

Future17
28-06-2016, 06:57 PM
Wasn't initially purchased recently, but I have a waterproof, Bluetooth speaker which I use in the shower. It's just stopped working but will definitely buy another one.

It lasted about two years and only cost about £8. It charges via USB and pumps out tunes from your phone at a good volume and decent sound quality.

Hibrandenburg
28-06-2016, 07:00 PM
http://www.hornbach.de/shop/Fensterreiniger-Kaercher-WV-2-Plus/5522654/artikel.html?WT.srch=1&origin=pla&WT.mc_id=de12a999

Kärcher window cleaner. Takes about 1 minute to clean a window, brilliant piece of kit.

Craig_HFC
29-06-2016, 01:36 PM
Wasn't initially purchased recently, but I have a waterproof, Bluetooth speaker which I use in the shower. It's just stopped working but will definitely buy another one.

It lasted about two years and only cost about £8. It charges via USB and pumps out tunes from your phone at a good volume and decent sound quality.

Got one of those wee beauties too.

matty_f
29-06-2016, 02:01 PM
Wee gadget for poaching and boiling eggs quickly (no, not a pot!).

snooky
29-06-2016, 03:29 PM
Wee gadget for poaching and boiling eggs quickly (no, not a pot!).

C'moan. You no' gonna spill the beans then? :wink:

DH1875
29-06-2016, 03:37 PM
I'm thinking about buying one of them Russian brides that are always advertised on here. Apparently their cracking to have about the house and do all sorts of stuff. Anyone got one :greengrin.

Hibbyradge
29-06-2016, 05:19 PM
I bought a highland armchair from Marks and Spencer. It's comfy as and it looks great.

I got the matching footstool too, but that's 2 things. Sorry.

Jay
29-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Dyson hot and cool fan, not cheap but worth every penny.

Mr White
29-06-2016, 05:26 PM
I'm thinking about buying one of them Russian brides that are always advertised on here. Apparently their cracking to have about the house and do all sorts of stuff. Anyone got one :greengrin.

Delete your search history would be my advice :greengrin

Mr White
29-06-2016, 05:28 PM
Magnetic bottle opener that's stuck on the fridge door. Where I need it when I need it :cheers:

DH1875
29-06-2016, 05:38 PM
Delete your search history would be my advice :greengrin

That conversation has been done to death on here. Never been on a dating site in my life and always comes up, that and a Muslim dating site and I ain't Muslim either. Cleared my history on the advice of others and they still popup. Whilst am at it, it's currently advertising season tickets for ibrox and I 100% haven't been anywhere near their sites.

Mr White
29-06-2016, 05:40 PM
That conversation has been done to death on here. Never been on a dating site in my life and always comes up, that and a Muslim dating site and I ain't Muslim either. Cleared my history on the advice of others and they still popup. Whilst am at it, it's currently advertising season tickets for ibrox and I 100% haven't been anywhere near their sites.

Whatever. Enjoy your bride once she arrives :greengrin

Jim44
18-08-2016, 10:50 PM
I recently bought a battery operated 'fluff' remover for getting rid of the wee annoying baubly bits from jerseys. Works a treat.

lord bunberry
19-08-2016, 09:41 AM
Do you know if they'll pick up your existing wife and dispose of her in an environmentally friendly manner. The environmentally friendly stuff is negotiable :greengrin

Pete
19-08-2016, 06:30 PM
We got one of these juicers which works brilliantly. Its one of these ones where the plastic top bit doubles up as a bottle for the juice that you can screw a lid on and take out.

Just one problem...I can't clean the ****ing bottle. It's about ten inches long and I can't get my hand into it far enough to reach the bottom as the top is only about 2 1/2" in diameter. Bloody useless.

ihibs7
19-08-2016, 06:35 PM
A glass drinking bottle. Water tastes so much better out a glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snooky
19-08-2016, 07:59 PM
I'm thinking about buying one of them Russian brides that are always advertised on here.......

Don't - those Russian dolls are so full of themselves.

Future17
19-08-2016, 08:22 PM
We got one of these juicers which works brilliantly. Its one of these ones where the plastic top bit doubles up as a bottle for the juice that you can screw a lid on and take out.

Just one problem...I can't clean the ****ing bottle. It's about ten inches long and I can't get my hand into it far enough to reach the bottom as the top is only about 2 1/2" in diameter. Bloody useless.

Fill it with warm (not boiling) water and stick it back on the juicer for a couple of spins.

Jack
20-08-2016, 07:43 AM
I've got a Nicer Dicer I use for chopping stuff up in the kitchen. I'm on my third! First one did last year's but the second was a fake and didn't. So beware!

I just bought my wife a cordless vax vacuum cleaner, I know I'm just a big sook, she loves it. It's much more convenient to use.

sleeping giant
20-08-2016, 10:01 AM
I've got a Nicer Dicer I use for chopping stuff up in the kitchen. I'm on my third! First one did last year's but the second was a fake and didn't. So beware!

I just bought my wife a cordless vax vacuum cleaner, I know I'm just a big sook, she loves it. It's much more convenient to use.

:faf:

You bought your WIFE a vacuum cleaner?
You didn't just buy a vacuum cleaner ?

:greengrin:

snooky
20-08-2016, 12:15 PM

I threw away my old vacuum cleaner because it sucked (boom! boom!)

Jack
21-08-2016, 09:51 AM

Ha! You mock but here I sit busying myself on dotnet and my darling has just come through to let me know it's the best gadget I've bought to date.

I'd disagree obviously. Although not a household item I recently upgraded from a Samsung Gear 2 neo smart watch to the Samsung Gear 2 Classic. It really is a lovely piece of kit and I can turn it into a Hibs watch when I go to the game.

Hibrandenburg
21-08-2016, 11:15 AM
Don't - those Russian dolls are so full of themselves.

Brilliant!

Pretty Boy
21-08-2016, 11:32 AM
A black iron frying pan.

Meat cooked in it is on a different level to the non stick that have become the norm. A teflon coated pan should be used for eggs and not much else.

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Apple Corer,love apples hate the core so core them before I eat them.

Ergye
21-08-2016, 12:54 PM
A little red poof for resting my feet on.

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2016, 12:55 PM

That's cruel

lyonhibs
21-08-2016, 02:16 PM

Is the poor chap red before you put your feet on him?

Pete
21-08-2016, 04:53 PM
Apple Corer,love apples hate the core so core them before I eat them.

I just bite round the core then discard it. No gadgets necessary. :-)

Scouse Hibee
21-08-2016, 05:41 PM
I just bite round the core then discard it. No gadgets necessary. :-)

That's too much ******g about for me :-)

heretoday
21-08-2016, 09:53 PM
A frying pan for cooking one egg only. It's very sweet!

Northernhibee
21-08-2016, 10:44 PM
Got a wood burning pizza oven for my garden. Fridge full of beers and home made pizza is a great way to entertain :thumbsup:

matty_f
24-08-2016, 09:52 PM
A frying pan for cooking one egg only. It's very sweet!

Got one of those in Aldi for two quid about a year and a half ago, is brilliant!

Picked up an egg boiler/poacher for a tenner as well, gets the eggs baby on every time.

Scouse Hibee
25-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Got one of those things that washes,cooks,cleans,hoovers and does the ironing. Had her 24 years now and just top her up with gin every now and again,never let me down yet

overdrive
26-08-2016, 10:36 AM
A chordless Dyson vacuum cleaner. The hoovering takes half the time than it did before.

snooky
27-08-2016, 11:25 PM
Got one of those things that washes,cooks,cleans,hoovers and does the ironing. Had her 24 years now and just top her up with gin every now and again,never let me down yet

Good stuff but I heard it costs a fortune if you want a newer model and have to get rid of the old one.

Scouse Hibee
28-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Good stuff but I heard it costs a fortune if you want a newer model and have to get rid of the old one.

The way round that is to keep the old one in the dark and only play with the new one when you're home alone ;-)

Hibbyradge
28-08-2016, 03:45 PM
Sonos Play 5.

It's brill.

Hibrandenburg
28-08-2016, 05:09 PM
Tefal Opti Grill. Does meat to perfection and easy to clean.

Hibrandenburg
02-09-2016, 03:39 PM

Just bought my Mrs a Dyson V6 Total Clean based on your recommendation. I'm expecting a much better quality of suction in future.

Northernhibee
02-09-2016, 06:53 PM
Just bought my Mrs a Dyson V6 Total Clean based on your recommendation. I'm expecting a much better quality of suction in future.

Not sure she'll be that happy with it.