PDA

View Full Version : The Wit and Wisdom of Joey Barton

Colr
26-05-2016, 08:25 AM
From yesterday's conference:-

“But look, the reality of it is I am an Everton fan. I was a born and bred Evertonian, my family loved football and were steeped in a great footballing city just like Glasgow is.

“You are forced to take sides. When Madrid play Barca, who are you supporting? You have got to pick one. When Inter Milan and AC Milan play, you have to pick one."

Tough for any resident of the great footballing city Madcelona.

hibs#1
26-05-2016, 08:29 AM
From yesterday's conference:-

“But look, the reality of it is I am an Everton fan. I was a born and bred Evertonian, my family loved football and were steeped in a great footballing city just like Glasgow is.

“You are forced to take sides. When Madrid play Barca, who are you supporting? You have got to pick one. When Inter Milan and AC Milan play, you have to pick one."

Tough for any resident of the great footballing city Madcelona.

Saw this interview the other day it was quite cringey watch him try to squirm out of it
All his chat of going to a Catholic school will go down well with the hun hordes

SJM
26-05-2016, 08:41 AM
Barton is a far far distant relative of mines. It's fair to say a lot of them don't like Protestants, consider themselves Irish(when suits) and don't like Rangers much. Massive baws it takes signing for them so respect for that but not much more from that side of the family.

HIBERNIAN-0762
26-05-2016, 09:00 AM
He is also, like me a staunch anti-monarchist.

Seems like another Mo Johnson type signing all over again....:agree:

JeMeSouviens
26-05-2016, 09:27 AM
Joey Barton on Talksport 31/8/12
“for me Adrian,the SPL is a bit like Switzerland. As in it’s where people go, when they’ve exhausted all other options, and want to die. I went to an Old Firm game once, cracking atmosphere, but the standard was horrendous. I’m not really sure what the way forward is for Scottish Football. Especially now Rangers are playing Wetherspoons, or whoever else chucks out teams at that Level.”

Finn2015
26-05-2016, 12:16 PM
Think he is a good player and will bring some snap to their midfield.

Colr
26-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Saw this interview the other day it was quite cringey watch him try to squirm out of it
All his chat of going to a Catholic school will go down well with the hun hordes

He'll soon find out what he has bought into just like Marco Negri did.

Up their knees in what, Joey??

ano hibby
26-05-2016, 01:37 PM

Great quote, well brought up :)

neil7908
26-05-2016, 03:19 PM

That's amazing, has any journo questioned him on it though? Actually he's signed for the Rangers so probably not. Can't be doing anything to upset their masters

cabbageandribs1875
26-05-2016, 04:04 PM
was he using a spanish accent when he mentioned Barcelona and Madrid