PDA

View Full Version : Europe

pontius pilate
23-05-2016, 07:29 AM
Now all this talk about banning us from Europe from the weegie media is ridiculous and nonsense would I be right in saying only UEFA could ban us from European competition?.

Billy Whizz
23-05-2016, 07:39 AM
No idea, but noticed we are unseeded in the 2nd round, Hearts are if they qualify

GloryGlory
23-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Now all this talk about banning us from Europe from the weegie media is ridiculous and nonsense would I be right in saying only UEFA could ban us from European competition?.

I think the SFA have to nominate the teams to represent Scotland. UEFA could object if they reason.

Billy Whizz
23-05-2016, 07:44 AM
I think the SFA have to nominate the teams to represent Scotland. UEFA could object if they reason.

So replace with Rangers? So ridiculous not worth thinking about. Sfa got to be held accountable for their organisation at Hampden, it's their responsibility

GloryGlory
23-05-2016, 07:47 AM
So replace with Rangers? So ridiculous not worth thinking about. Sfa got to be held accountable for their organisation at Hampden, it's their responsibility

If they do decide to sanction Hibs, more likely that the next placed team in the Premier would be chosen.

easty
23-05-2016, 07:48 AM
We're no getting kicked out of Europe. No chance.

marinello59
If they do decide to sanction Hibs, more likely that the next placed team in the Premier would be chosen.

It won't happen. It's wishful thinking from deluded Sevco fans.

overdrive
Even if we got banned I don't think The Rangers could replace us. St Johnstone would (I think). Cup runners up don't qualify.

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 07:49 AM

Surely it should go the 4th placed team in the league?

That would have been the case had we played and lost to Celtic in the final, the cup runner up were not to play in Europe.

It's hypothetical anyway as they won't ban us from Europe. They would set a dangerous precedent as they would be bombarded by complaints about Rangers fans behaviour forever more by fans of other clubs who seem to be seeing through this nonsense. They don't want to give themselves the headache of having to deal with that.

lyonhibs
23-05-2016, 07:55 AM
Not in a million years are we getting kicked out of Europe. Not on your nelly.

No chance, it's bitter, bitter behaviour from the Huns with no shame or self-awareness.

hibs0666
23-05-2016, 08:00 AM
How long was the Huns ban when they ransacked Manchester?

Onceinawhile
23-05-2016, 08:02 AM
The only thing putting us out of Europe will be sevilla in the final.

magpie1892
23-05-2016, 08:05 AM
How long was the Huns ban when they ransacked Manchester?

Well, they played in Europe the following season but were only allowed two games against Kaunas...

hibs0666
23-05-2016, 08:07 AM
Well, they played in Europe the following season but were only allowed two games against Kaunas...

Ah, a voluntary ban. That is one classy club.

HibbySpurs
23-05-2016, 08:50 AM
UEFA are generally happy to allow national associations to make such decisions so it's down to the SFA.

Can't see it though, Hibs would almost certainly challenge such a severe sanction legally which could throw the whole competition into chaos.

Besides, with the 'tache as SFA VP we'll be paying a fine most likely.

Pretty Boy
23-05-2016, 08:52 AM
UEFA are generally happy to allow national associations to make such decisions so it's down to the SFA.

Can't see it though, Hibs would almost certainly challenge such a severe sanction legally which could throw the whole competition into chaos.

Besides, with the 'tache as SFA VP we'll be paying a fine most likely.

With Rod in our corner it wouldn't suprise me if Rangers end up paying us for emotional damage.

hfc rd
23-05-2016, 09:54 AM
No chance of this happening!