PDA

View Full Version : I Cannot Find The Words To Make A Title Such Is My Pride

Hibernian blade
21-05-2016, 10:15 PM
In 1971 I started supporting both Hibs and Sheffield United. My football life since then has been pretty grim. I have seen The Hibees fail at the national stadium three times and The Blades four times in fact until today this has been one of my worst seasons of football ever
I am 53 and have never had anything to celebrate. OK the odd promotion, the league cup, but this... well this is a real cup.
I didn't go today, to be honest I was afraid to see another defeat. After three minutes I was starting to regret being sat back here in Sheffield. By the 80th minute I was glad I had made the "right decision" not to travel.
Well, not going will now haunt me forever C'est la vie.
At around 4:50 today for all the right reasons I burst into tears in front of the TV, I actually blubbered,laughed,punched the air, swore words of disbelief and then I blubbered some more. I felt such a huge surge of relief and emotion I have never felt before. My good lady also cried. She cried for me (she has no interest in football) and knew what this meant to me.
I have tears in my eyes now I feel so proud,so happy and for once so lucky to be a Hibee.
Oh and I have just checked on Wikipedia and we definitely did win the Scottish Cup today :wink:
GGTTH

RoYO!
21-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Great words. So pleased for everyone involved in any way with hibs. Rollercoaster doesn't do it justice!

Jonnyboy
21-05-2016, 10:42 PM
In 1971 I started supporting both Hibs and Sheffield United. My football life since then has been pretty grim. I have seen The Hibees fail at the national stadium three times and The Blades four times in fact until today this has been one of my worst seasons of football ever
I am 53 and have never had anything to celebrate. OK the odd promotion, the league cup, but this... well this is a real cup.
I didn't go today, to be honest I was afraid to see another defeat. After three minutes I was starting to regret being sat back here in Sheffield. By the 80th minute I was glad I had made the "right decision" not to travel.
At around 4:50 today for all the right reasons I burst into tears in front of the TV, I actually blubbered,laughed,punched the air, swore words of disbelief and then I blubbered some more. I felt such a huge surge of relief and emotion I have never felt before. My good lady also cried. She cried for me (she has no interest in football) and knew what this meant to me.
I have tears in my eyes now I feel so proud,so happy and for once so lucky to be a Hibee.
Oh and I have just checked on Wikipedia and we definitely did win the Scottish Cup today :wink:
GGTTH

That you, R?

1068gary
21-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Enjoy tonight, we have won the Scottish cup. Nobody can EVER take that away from us

Hibernian blade
21-05-2016, 10:47 PM
That you, R?
Yes I'm back !
Glory Hunting ......:thumbsup:

rotherhamrob
21-05-2016, 10:50 PM
GGTTH

I watched in rotherham and my wife also started blubbering, I think she also knew what it meant to me.

hibby6270
21-05-2016, 10:51 PM
Well said the OP.
I was lucky enough to be there and like you gret, blubbered, cried, sobbed for at least an hour from 4:50 onwards. Meant so much to me and I thought if my late Dad who sadly couldn't be there to witness it with me.

A great day and if nothing else good happens to me in my remaining lifetime, I'll always have this day to look back on.

Hibernian blade
21-05-2016, 10:55 PM
I watched in rotherham and my wife also started blabbing, I think she also knew what it meant to me.

Ha ha you should have joined me,I'm in Rovrum these days. Fantastic Day !!

Jonnyboy
21-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Yes I'm back !
Glory Hunting ......:thumbsup:

Superb! Don't be a stranger mate. You're part of the Hibernian family :aok:

Hibernian blade
21-05-2016, 11:00 PM
Superb! Don't be a stranger mate. You're part of the Hibernian family :aok:
Bless you, kind words. I always look in , I just never seem to post.
But we all have to a few words today :greengrin

el hibs
21-05-2016, 11:00 PM
GGTTH
You were there... we were all there together from the past and into the future... we passed your shouts of encouragement onto the pitch for you... you were there
:flag::gwa:

Hibernian blade
21-05-2016, 11:02 PM
You were there... we were all there together from the past and into the future... we passed your shouts of encouragement onto the pitch for you... you were there
:flag::gwa:

Fantastic words :flag:

itslegaltender
21-05-2016, 11:20 PM
Honestly felt like we had the whole hibee army past no present with us. Even to the point were the drummer from section 43 boys had the whole 22k staying quiet and singing when he directed it. Only herd the bigots after they went into the lead.

Outstanding today Hibees.

BenjiOscar
21-05-2016, 11:24 PM
GGTTH
Great post. So good that people are posting from the heart at the moment, Hibs.net is brilliant tonight.

The Kaiser
22-05-2016, 12:37 AM
I had a greet too. I think most of us did

et_hibby
22-05-2016, 01:00 AM
I had a greet too. I think most of us did

X2

rotherhamrob
22-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Ha ha you should have joined me,I'm in Rovrum these days. Fantastic Day !!

Yer not kidding, it's a day that will never be beaten, made even better by the fact my best pal is a gers fan ha ha.