PDA

View Full Version : yes, I ran on the pitch

pacoluna
21-05-2016, 07:47 PM
Purely relief, bewilderment and celebrations, no violence, didn't even come into my thought process

Lambast me all you want

WE WON THE SCOTTISH CUP!!!!!!

Gatecrasher
21-05-2016, 07:49 PM
I went on as well, stayed on for a few minutes and took some pictures then went back to my seat.

judas
21-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Fine by me guys. Was proud of the hibs fans today as ever.

dp00
21-05-2016, 08:01 PM
Just watched the end of the game , sorry but the behaviour at the end of the game is embarrassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LancashireHibby
21-05-2016, 08:04 PM
Would have gone on myself if we weren't on row TT. No issues at all with such an outpouring of emotion. The only ones who have to take a look at themselves are the ones who went over to the Rangers end, but there weren't many.

Liam89
21-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Brilliant outpouring of emotions from the fans, shame the odd few spoiled it a little.

H113EE5
21-05-2016, 08:18 PM
You were the reason we didn't see the team bring the cup round. Think before you act....... Marred what would gave been the perfect ending.

Allant1981
21-05-2016, 08:20 PM
You were the reason we didn't see the team bring the cup round. Think before you act....... Marred what would gave been the perfect ending.

They could easily have done it, it was only hibs fans left at the end with half of the weegie police in front of us

CraigHibee
21-05-2016, 08:20 PM
The folk that snapped the goals and goaded the Hun's need a word with themselves

pacoluna
21-05-2016, 08:24 PM
The folk that snapped the goals and goaded the Hun's need a word with themselves

Like the tartan army in 77?

Trust me I will never regret it

Pete
21-05-2016, 08:28 PM

The same papers that are laying into us tonight called all that stuff at Wembley a bit of banter.

Strange double standards.

Alfred E Newman
21-05-2016, 08:33 PM
Thankfully the bulk of the Rangers fans turned and went home. if more than a handful had came on it could have been utter mayhem.
Not one supporter in the ground was more ecstatic than me but unfortunately, along with thousands of others who have been waiting decades for this day ,we have been deprived of the pleasure of seeing the Hibs do a lap of honour and all the other celebrations that usually follow such games.
Thanks guys.

Lago
21-05-2016, 08:39 PM
:top marks
Thankfully the bulk of the Rangers fans turned and went home. if more than a handful had came on it could have been utter mayhem.
Not one supporter in the ground was more ecstatic than me but unfortunately, along with thousands of others who have been waiting decades for this day ,we have been deprived of the pleasure of seeing the Hibs do a lap of honour and all the other celebrations that usually follow such games.
Thanks guys.

iwasthere1972
21-05-2016, 08:41 PM
I didn't think anything could ruin the day when we finally got our hands on the Scottish Cup.

Just plain stupid.

pacoluna
21-05-2016, 08:41 PM

Thanks guys.

Wow, I'm sorry for being one of the supporters that let you down.

WhileTheChief..
21-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Nothing to lambest you for. Mountains and molehills this whole thing.

We won. The end. :thumbsup:

pacoluna
Happy for admins to delete this thread. I appreciate as always threads divide opinion. This thread seems to be attracting negative posts on what should be an ecstatic hibs forum.

Hibernia&Alba
Thanks guys.

I was on the pitch with my dad. It wasn't a conscious decision, it was an outpouring of joy. It was done in the blink of an eye and was the merely a consequence of the need to do something, anything, to expend the joy: to dance, run, shout or anything else. It was ecstasy.

Golden Bear
21-05-2016, 08:51 PM
It's hard to imagine that on the night we finally win the Holy Grail we end up squabbling amongst ourselves. Now if that embarrassment at the end had never happened then this messageboard could have been one very very happy place. Just for once.

Hibrandenburg
21-05-2016, 09:13 PM
It's hard to imagine that on the night we finally win the Holy Grail we end up squabbling amongst ourselves. Now if that embarrassment at the end had never happened then this messageboard could have been one very very happy place. Just for once.

:agree:

RoYO!
21-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Listen this is hibs.net finding something to argue about when we've just won THE cup? Seems pretty standard

Captain Trips
21-05-2016, 09:24 PM
Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners 2016. The End

(((Fergus)))
21-05-2016, 09:36 PM
I thought it was the perfect ending to the game. A natural outpouring of emotion. All the folk tut-tutting are just menopausal.

Wilson
21-05-2016, 09:49 PM
I thought it was the perfect ending to the game. A natural outpouring of emotion. All the folk tut-tutting are just menopausal.

It isn't though. It is trite and it is done because it is just the done thing. We see it all the time and we know the consequences. I watched the scenes bored of the predictability and the banality of your bog standard pitch invasion. Instead of the papers being full of our achievement we have given them something to detract from it - ammo the weegie press barely need. The players can be proud. These fans less so.

pacoluna
21-05-2016, 09:55 PM
It isn't though. It is trite and it is done because it is just the done thing. We see it all the time and we know the consequences. I watched the scenes bored of the predictability and the banality of your bog standard pitch invasion. Instead of the papers being full of our achievement we have given them something to detract from it - ammo the weegie press barely need. The players can be proud. These fans less so.
Who cares about.the press? Or anything else other than the fact we lived to see the club lift the Scottish cup. We will remember this day forever, its more than football.

JC94
21-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Who cares about.the press? Or anything else other than the fact we lived to see the club lift the Scottish cup. We will remember this day forever, its more than football.

And the majority of Scottish football fans will remember it, just not for the right reason

Velma Dinkley
21-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Hibs fans took to the pitch to celebrate. The Rangers fans took to the pitch to fight.

DaveF
21-05-2016, 10:08 PM
I dont care a jot. My 16 year old ran on and my 46 year old pal did. So what.

Best day of my life and not ruined in any way.

JC94
21-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Hibs fans took to the pitch to celebrate. The Rangers fans took to the pitch to fight.

Because of our 'fans' taunting them which is no excuse. Both clubs should be punished but expect us to get the heavier one due to the assault on the Rangers players.

Allant1981
21-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Because of our 'fans' taunting them which is no excuse. Both clubs should be punished but expect us to get the heavier one due to the assault on the Rangers players.

Alleged assault

Velma Dinkley
21-05-2016, 10:23 PM

Because of our fans celebrating. Both clubs should be fined but hibs wanted to celebrate and rangers fans wanted to attack them. Which do you feel is worse?

Hibrandenburg
21-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Because of our fans celebrating. Both clubs should be fined but hibs wanted to celebrate and rangers fans wanted to attack them. Which do you feel is worse?

Doesn't matter, there wouldn't be one without the other.

JC94
21-05-2016, 10:32 PM

So because we were celebrating we are allowed to taunt opposition fans who would obviously retaliate. Take your green tinted glasses off and accept our 'fans' and club need to be punished.

stoneyburn hibs
21-05-2016, 10:35 PM
My son, my brothers and I went on.
Big deal, loving my Hampden turf.

Jonnyboy
21-05-2016, 10:40 PM
So because we were celebrating we are allowed to taunt opposition fans who would obviously retaliate. Take your green tinted glasses off and accept our 'fans' and club need to be punished.

Jeezo are you on some sort of crusade designed to blame the Hibs support? A few neds got out of hand. They should be caught and punished - no arguments there but praising the huns for walking away (thought they didn't do that?) - couldnae make it up

Velma Dinkley
21-05-2016, 10:41 PM

You're at the wind up. We can celebrate. What's this taunting stuff? Which is worse? Celebrating or attacking people?

Sammy7nil
21-05-2016, 10:45 PM

Good for you Mr Selfish :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

joebakerforever
21-05-2016, 10:45 PM
My son, my brothers and I went on.
Big deal, loving my Hampden turf.

So if the Club incur a hefty fine it will be no big deal for you, son & brothers to chip in to paying towards it.

Scouse Hibee
21-05-2016, 10:46 PM
Well I don't give a flying ****, it was one of the most amazing scenes I have ever witnessed at a football match. The sheer jubilation and elation that was released at the final whistle was something that will live with me forever.

JC94
21-05-2016, 10:49 PM
You're at the wind up. We can celebrate. What's this taunting stuff? Which is worse? Celebrating or attacking people?

The taunting led to fights on the pitch, what about our 'fans' attacking the rangers players?

For example this https://twitter.com/Sunday_Mail/status/734150839523250177

Nakedmanoncrack
21-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Well I don't give a flying ****, it was one of the most amazing scenes I have ever witnessed at a football match. The sheer jubilation and elation that was released at the final whistle was something that will live with me forever.

True, incredible scenes - still wish it hadn't happened & we'd had a proper lap of honour. But will take more than this to 'ruin' today.

JC94
21-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Anyway thats me finished, lets hope its forgotten quickly.

The Yams have waited longer than us to win a Scottish Cup, we should make a few songs about it:greengrin:greengrin

Jumbo
21-05-2016, 11:04 PM

Pretty Boy
21-05-2016, 11:10 PM

This for me too.

I didn't go on the pitch but the sheer emotion of it all is what football is all about.

A few dafties acted like dafties do and we'll deal with the consequences. The vast, vast majority where just people experiencing a moment in which they had to do 'something'.

Folk moan about football being too sanitised now yet when fans do something impromptu and in the moment there is still moaning.

Brummie_Hibs
21-05-2016, 11:10 PM
Typical sanctimonious Hibs.net crap.

marinello59
21-05-2016, 11:15 PM
Typical sanctimonious Hibs.net crap.

Despite so many posters on here not condemning the pitch invasion. We've just won the Scottish Cup, no need to turn on your fellow fans is there. Bizarre.

marinello59
21-05-2016, 11:16 PM

Well said.

edwards
21-05-2016, 11:19 PM
My son and grandson went on to celebrate and behaved themselves, I was dissapointed we didn't get a lap of honour but there is always tomorrow let every hibs fan be on thiere best behaviour and get yourself down to Leith to celebrate this occasion cmon the Hibees

SanFranHibs
21-05-2016, 11:20 PM

In fact a peaceful pitch invasion adds to the occasion. Never an issue here when 10-20 thousand run on at college games. It is accepted the winning fans do it.

It is a pity for the fans who were there but won't be able to see the parade tomorrow, but as one who can't see either....it is tomorrow's parade of the cup that matters.

I have no problem whatsoever with the pitch invasion.

:flag::flag::flag:

hhibs
21-05-2016, 11:21 PM
Happy for admins to delete this thread. I appreciate as always threads divide opinion. This thread seems to be attracting negative posts on what should be an ecstatic hibs forum.

Yes indeed,as Mark at the El Capitans in Caleta would say "f.cking dicks"...............sums it up for me.

114 years,complainers,get over yourselves !

lord bunberry
21-05-2016, 11:23 PM
I was just saying the same thing. The headlines in the papers tomorrow might focus on the pitch invasion, but i couldn't give a **** cause I won't be buying them, I'll be down leith watching my team parade the cup with friends and family that have waited years for this to happen.

bankton
21-05-2016, 11:26 PM
Thanks guys.

This is exactly what I think. I've waited a long time for this and certainly don't feel the way I should. The police and stewards should have been more organised but the shine of what should have been a magnificent celebration has been taken away from me. Like most clubs we have a small proportion of sad people - and to be clear I'm talking about the ones who goaded the Rangers fans on the pitch. The world should have been watching Sunshine on Leith instead of a few complete idiots kicking lumps out of each other.

Wilson
21-05-2016, 11:27 PM
This for me too.

I didn't go on the pitch but the sheer emotion of it all is what football is all about.

A few dafties acted like dafties do and we'll deal with the consequences. The vast, vast majority where just people experiencing a moment in which they had to do 'something'.

Folk moan about football being too sanitised now yet when fans do something impromptu and in the moment there is still moaning.

I'm watching sky sports news just now. This is a momentous sporting result and all they are talking about is the damage, players assaulted, and what an embarassment it is to Scottish football. What is the point in waiting 114 years for a cup win if that is what it gets us? Nothing about the players, nothing about the struggle, the glory of winning swept away in a tide of bull****.

We were let down by our own today.

MWHIBBIES
21-05-2016, 11:29 PM
Nothing will ruin this day for me, the media didnt like us yesterday and they wont tomorrow.

Dinkydoo
21-05-2016, 11:29 PM
There's so much bull**** flying around about the pitch invasion right now. It was a wonderful celebration and I'm glad that I was there. Total overreaction not to allow our team a lap of honour - I mean really, if the fans had even been violent in any way, are they going to attack the heroes that have just won the Scottish Cup for them? 😂 It's ridiculous

Pretty Boy
21-05-2016, 11:30 PM
I'm watching sky sports news just now. This is a momentous sporting result and all they are talking about is the damage, players assaulted, and what an embarassment it is to Scottish football. What is the point in waiting 114 years for a cup win if that is what it gets us? Nothing about the players, nothing about the struggle, the glory of winning swept away in a tide of bull****.

Sky are absolute hypocrites.

They were purring about the pitch invasion after the Hull v Derby game the other night and how 'passionate' it was. In fact they make a big deal about these things every time they, quite regularly, occur down south. By big deal I mean in a positive sense.

I've articulated quite clearly on other threads exactly why I believe Sky and the wider sports media in this country are choosing this as their sole focus.

SanFranHibs
21-05-2016, 11:34 PM

Seanyboi85
21-05-2016, 11:36 PM
I went on the pitch! Celebrated, got a bit of the centre circle spot! Continued in my walk of pride minding my own business and some rangers fan charges me down and I'm the hooligan!? Get tae France the weege media sore loser p!sh.

SJM
21-05-2016, 11:38 PM
I couldn't move. Sat there in complete shock crying my eyes out looking to the sky to thank our lord I prayed to when we got both corners and thought of others who weren't so fortunate to see it. Opinion is some took it too far, far too far and we didn't get the 2007 round the stadium with the cup - that will happen tomorrow though down the links. We have won the Scottish cup, it's happened. I know why many fans must have had that urge to run, and I don't blame them.

Argylehibby
21-05-2016, 11:40 PM

I do and a whole lot of other Hibs fans do. Your arrogance or is it ignorance is unbelievable. I've waited nearly 60 fn years to see us win this cup and because you and others like you can't behave I don't see the team do a lap of honour. Glad your chuffed with yourself but seriously hope you grow up one day soon.

1875godsgift
21-05-2016, 11:43 PM

Seems more like a cynical PR ploy by the losing team to me, a convenient excuse to avoid the indignity of having to collect their loser's medals 🎻
Classless Sevco #we do do skulking away 🐀🐀🐀

bankton
21-05-2016, 11:46 PM

Agree. Very let down

SJM
21-05-2016, 11:48 PM
Rangers win the day, pitch invasion it would be all about their triumphant return to the top. **** sky.

We are the 2016 winners of the Scottish cup. We have won it. The decent papers and journos in this country will reflect this tomorrow.

Lee
21-05-2016, 11:50 PM
Hibernian Scottish Cup Winners 2016. The End

This. :)

SJM
21-05-2016, 11:52 PM
Agree. Very let down

When we equalised and scored the winner did you look around you and think "this will look good for us on the BBC or sky"? No we seen all different emotions from all different age ranges. Some going radge, some in shock, some signing, some crying. People ran on the pitch, so what. There was nothing stopping the lap of honour once everyone sent back to their seats. Any other set of losing fans, like us on more than 10 occasions make their way home, gutted again. They animals decide to start fighting and there's Hibees amoung us having gos at others?

hibsmad
22-05-2016, 12:32 AM
Wow, I'm sorry for being one of the supporters that let you down.

You didn't just let him down, you let me down and thousands of others.

I'm not going to slate you for being "shameful" or "violent" however I am going to assume that you are amongst the few thousand fans with the lowest IQ of our support. What did you think would happen? How did you imagine the players would get to take part in their lap of honour?

There was not a fan in the stadium more elated than me, however I managed to stay in my seat.

You and a number of other fans managed to royally **** up what should have been the most perfect of celebrations.

pacoluna
22-05-2016, 12:41 AM

I'm not going to slate you for being "shameful" or "violent" however I am going to assume that you are amongst the few thousand fans with the lowest IQ of our support. What did you think would happen? How did you imagine the players would get to take part in their lap of honour?

There was not a fan in the stadium more elated than me, however I managed to stay in my seat.

You and a number of other fans managed to royally **** up what should have been the most perfect of celebrations.

Presumptions arseh*le

marinello59
22-05-2016, 12:46 AM

The fans on the pitch today didn't let me down. Our win saw Scottish sports greatest hoodoo broken. Massive emotions were going to be demonstrated with spontaneous reactions. The vast majority of those on the pitch today were engaging in an act of sheer exuberance. I didn't joint them but even after the overwrought media reaction part of me wishes I had.

500miles
22-05-2016, 12:50 AM
Square goes with the opposition were childish and unnecessary. Getting on the pitch, people just want to get close to their heroes, which is fair enough in my book. But there's a line to be drawn, and it's about 15 minutes before the invasion finished.

Velma Dinkley
22-05-2016, 12:52 AM

You keep using the word 'taunting'. What do you mean? Hibs fans celebrated. The idea that hibs fans celebrating is a valid excuse for rangers fans attacking them is, quite frankly, pathetic and disgusting.

Baader
22-05-2016, 12:53 AM
The fans on the pitch today didn't let me down. Our win saw Scottish sports greatest hoodoo broken. Massive emotions were going to be demonstrated with spontaneous reactions. The vast majority of those on the pitch today were engaging in an act of sheer exuberance. I didn't joint them but even after the overwrought media reaction part of me wishes I had..

No you done right. Never understand some folks desire to get on the pitch. We are not players. I just dont get it.

Not that it detracted from one of the greatest days in my life mind you!

GGTTH

matty_f
22-05-2016, 12:57 AM
Didn't spoil it for me. Stood in the South Upper watching it unfold and spent the time bouncing around with my kids and singing celebratory songs with my fellow Hibs fans.

Wouldn't criticise anyone for taking to the pitch. It was clearly a caught in the moment thing.

Everyone has reminded us for 114 years about our cup record. Today we delivered them the best '**** you' in Scottish football history. No wonder folk went a bit radge!

Today was perfect in every way.

High-On-Hibs
22-05-2016, 12:58 AM
People react differently in moments of euphoria or disappointment. Thousands of fans flooded the pitch in that moment of sheer euphoria. So what? They weren't looking to cause harm to anybody. They were simply full of energy.

I really can't understand it. Hibs do what they failed to do when your great great great grandfather was around and some people on here are whinging about people going on to the pitch.

So ****ing what! Seriously!

matty_f
22-05-2016, 12:59 AM
People react differently in moments of euphoria or disappointment. Thousands of fans flooded the pitch in that moment of sheer euphoria. So what? They weren't looking to cause harm to anybody. They were simply full of energy.

I really can't understand it. Hibs do what they failed to do when your great great great grandfather was around and some people on here are whinging about people going on to the pitch.

marinello59
22-05-2016, 01:03 AM

Says it for me.

SJM
22-05-2016, 01:05 AM
Didn't spoil it for me. Stood in the South Upper watching it unfold and spent the time bouncing around with my kids and singing celebratory songs with my fellow Hibs fans.

Wouldn't criticise anyone for taking to the pitch. It was clearly a caught in the moment thing.

Everyone has reminded us for 114 years about our cup record. Today we delivered them the best '**** you' in Scottish football history. No wonder folk went a bit radge!

We've had our wee differences since I came on here and I'm in no doubt you don't like my posts which is fair play but you sum it up perfectly for ms there. Lap of honour would be decent in years to come for the YouTube video but as actually won the Scottish cup earlier and people didn't know what to do. I'm still completely lost. Bring on fomorrow. Today went like the best dream there ever will be.

Mibbes Aye
22-05-2016, 01:05 AM
The fans on the pitch today didn't let me down. Our win saw Scottish sports greatest hoodoo broken. Massive emotions were going to be demonstrated with spontaneous reactions. The vast majority of those on the pitch today were engaging in an act of sheer exuberance. I didn't joint them but even after the overwrought media reaction part of me wishes I had.

I was there today with my eight-year-old daughter, only her second Hibs game (I thought long and hard before agreeing to her going, got it right in hindsight :greengrin).

There's not a chance I would have been down on the pitch, even if I hadn't had her with me. I just wouldn't, but I won't blame those who did, it was entirely predictable.

If we are to be castigated for it I sort of wish I had rushed down with my daughter - I'd be happy to take some of the responsibility, we just won the Scottish Cup :not worth

Our fans aren't the bad guys here and if it wasn't for the fact we were playing them, it would be portrayed as something joyful and positive - imagine a pitch invasion if we had beaten Ross County? All the commentators would be creaming themselves about fan enthusiasm.

Huns and Hun sympathisers are very sore losers is the one truth that's clear from this Final.

monktonharp
22-05-2016, 01:06 AM
Thanks guys.your breaking my heart! we have been tortured, regarding this fixture for so long. our fans were so hyped up about the winning of it, that so many ran on. I was disgusted, that some decided to snap the goalpost, and also rip the pitch up.Not happy or proud of that fact in any way but I could understand the emotions. I went to the barrier, and was told ....you cant go on the pitch. I said, watch me hen, I'm oan. I then went on and touched the pitch and left.

Dinkydoo
22-05-2016, 01:08 AM

Hear, hear

Also, nobody has mentioned yet that after the first lot of fans ended up on the pitch, the gates were opened. If my entire section is literally being invited onto the pitch after winning the scottish then excuse me for joining in what was a great spectacle and occassion for our football club.

macd123
22-05-2016, 01:09 AM

I hope you manage to put it behind you and enjoy the moment. I don't feel let down. I understand why emotion got the better of some people. What a brilliant brilliant day!

Alex Trager
22-05-2016, 01:10 AM

Jeeso you'd think we had only ended 40 years of history

The Kaiser
22-05-2016, 01:11 AM
Agree. Very let down

I agree with you to an extent. I wasn't at the game but can understand why the fans did, probably would have done so myself. The baiting from the media and rival fans of our cup record meant it was inevitable.

What you can't condone ( and what you don't seem to see happening in th English pitch invasions strangely) is the winding up the other fans. That's what lead to them coming on. I can understand why they reacted.

Policing and stewarding should be looked at. Seen videos where stewards were letting people on the pitch after the invasion we under way.

Just seems crass that this is the main debate after a cracking final which over shadowed it's English counterpart, was an under dog getting a win and team winning the cup for the first time in 114 years!

Greencore
22-05-2016, 01:12 AM
I ran on the pitch out of joy and love for Hibernian, It was great to get that monkey off our back. If anyone from Hibernian fc or the Scottish fa want to get in contact with me or my girlfriend (who also ran on the pitch out of love for Hibernian) I would be happy to provide my seating allocation details to clear up any confusion of any alleged violence coming from my part(as a Hibernian fan) from what I've seen online (stewards kicking hibs fans) Rangers fans punching hibs fans. Doesn't seem to me especially when I was on the pitch, that we as a fan base were wanting to cause any harm to Rangers or their players and staff. We done it because we had so much emotion and love for this club. Some people are old fashioned and don't believe in it, values are values. Gotta go to bed now, gotta watch my team tomorrow parade the Scottish cup around Edinburgh, champions 2015/2016 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

RS_1875
22-05-2016, 01:12 AM
Thanks guys.
You'll see the Hibees parade the Scottish through Leith later today, who cares about a lap of honour

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Mibbes Aye
22-05-2016, 01:14 AM

Pulled every emotional heartstring and then delivered.

As a fan you accept you'll get hurt, disappointment, anger and pain.

Flipside is occasionally you get the joy.

Today was sheer joy, plus a healthy dose of sticking it up them :greengrin

Pete
22-05-2016, 01:19 AM
I agree with you to an extent. I wasn't at the game but can understand why the fans did, probably would have done so myself. The baiting from the media and rival fans of our cup record meant it was inevitable.

What you can't condone ( and what you don't seem to see happening in th English pitch invasions strangely) is the winding up the other fans. That's what lead to them coming on. I can understand why they reacted.

Policing and stewarding should be looked at. Seen videos where stewards were letting people on the pitch after the invasion we under way.

Just seems crass that this is the main debate after a cracking final which over shadowed it's English counterpart, was an under dog getting a win and team winning the cup for the first time in 114 years!

I'm sure there are plenty English pitch invasions where the invading fans have wound up the opposition. What you don't see down south is pitch invasions involving a bowl like stadium with a 50/50 split. It's easy to protect/cordon off an away end that is usually a stand behind a goal and as a result the goading doesn't have the desired effect. It doesn't mean the intent isn't there.

Please, I wish people would just stop it now.

truehibernian
22-05-2016, 01:21 AM
Graeme Souness ran into a centre circle and pitched a flag which could have created a genuine riot - mind, for The Sun, The Daily Record, Jim Traynor, Walker, Regan and Co that would be construed as a 'cultural misunderstanding' !

Don't let the media away with this - they are absolute **** !

marinello59
22-05-2016, 01:24 AM
Graeme Souness ran into a centre circle and pitched a flag which could have created a genuine riot - mind, for The Sun, The Daily Record, Jim Traynor, Walker, Regan and Co that would be construed as a 'cultural misunderstanding' !

Don't let the media away with this - they are absolute **** !

Today's pitch invasion was Wembley '77, nowhere near Hampden '80.

truehibernian
22-05-2016, 01:26 AM
Today's pitch invasion was Wembley '77, nowhere near Hampden '80.

We are on the same hymn sheet mate

marinello59
22-05-2016, 01:29 AM
We are on the same hymn sheet mate

I know.:hibees

truehibernian
22-05-2016, 01:31 AM
I know.:hibees

Enjoy buddy 😀 Scottish Cup Champions !!!!

hibbymikey
22-05-2016, 01:31 AM
The thing that gets me is that we won that cup perfectly. No dodgy decision, no lucky own goal, no penalty shootout. 2-1 down with 10 minutes on the clock and pure desire won us the cup (It was like a script from the dreams we all have). There was no one who could take that away, no belittling that achievement, nothing to complain about, and then a good amount of supporters gave the media and TV plenty other than the game to talk about. No lap of honour, no players going wild on the park. Just a hasty presentation and standing about on the touchline.

I don't want to really tear into those that ran on as for most it was just pure emotion, but theres definitely a good few who just count handle their drink and be gracious in victory. Whether or not you caused any problems on the park you have to accept that in hindsight it was selfish and just really unnecessary.

Thankfully the police handled it quite well, not that they shouldn't have seen it coming and planned ahead, but with what they were faced with they acted sensibly.

monktonharp
22-05-2016, 01:32 AM
Some moaners on this thread really need to get a grip, our indeed a life. It was inevitable that we would run onto the pitch if we won.we did) and much of that was always going to be a loud message to the media, who have tortured and baited us for many years as mentioned in a previous post. we ARE a big club, in Scottish terms and our fans have often been pissed off with the snide remarks about our failure to win a cup that we have contested for so long.I feel no shame, for us running onto the pitch. I do however regret the damage that was done to the pitch and goalpost. not a pretty sight|"! It means nothing to me, that the The Rangers fans started to encroach on the pitch when ther team was beaten by a better team. that says a bit more about them, than it does about us

Hermit Crab
22-05-2016, 02:20 AM
You pitch invaders ruined the lap of honour. I hope you're happy. Dafties.

green day
22-05-2016, 02:25 AM
I dinnae need a lap of honour to tell me Hibs won the cup.

I think the invasion was not a surprise - and the fault for it happening was entirely the police.

Not bring funny, but have they learned **** all from Hillsborough?

green day
22-05-2016, 02:28 AM

Yep, I only didn't go on as I was with my dad.

Who cares what the huns or media think? Not me

My_Wife_Camille
22-05-2016, 02:35 AM
Not one thing could have ruined that for me today.

Well done Hibernian and good on the fans who expressed themselves in the way they felt best, whether they chose to stay in the stands or head to the pitch.

Dinkydoo
22-05-2016, 02:38 AM

Hermit Crab
I dinnae need a lap of honour to tell me Hibs won the cup.

I think the invasion was not a surprise - and the fault for it happening was entirely the police.

Not bring funny, but have they learned **** all from Hillsborough?

Whats hillsborough got to do with it?

Dinkydoo
Eh, the police were desperate to take some sort of action after opening the gates and letting everyone on the pitch.

We waited for a good 20 minutes after everyone was back in their seats before the players came out. Pretty sure that nobody would have attacked the players had they taken a stroll round the pitch with the cup.

HibsNutter
22-05-2016, 02:41 AM
They ruined nothing, people were caught up in the moment and the invasion is totally understandable, I stayed in my seat greeting with my pals but I can totally understand why people done it.

People who were involved in scraps need to have a look at themselves, though. As for the whole turf shabang, I think they also just got caught up in the occasion and wanted to own a piece of history. I know in hindsight, fans will regret it, but at the moment people weren't thinking straight. Hopefully individual fans won't be punished for this.

green day
22-05-2016, 02:43 AM
Whats hillsborough got to do with it?

Poor policing response.

Pretty obvious that after 114 years hibs fans will try to get on the pitch. So why were all the plod (paid for by SFA ) standing around in the tunnels instead of around the perimeter.

It's a safety issue, and the plod failed.

Bishop Hibee
22-05-2016, 02:48 AM
I didn't run on but I thought it was brilliant. Stuff the politically correct prawn sandwich eating haters.

truehibernian
22-05-2016, 02:49 AM
Many hours later, no evidenced reports of players assaulted - why ? Reason they were not - or trust me we'd have seen footage by now !

Garbage journalism as per in Scotland !

Scottish 'journalism' isn't journalism - it's fanatic opinion !

The only evidence from the game I can find is Hibs 3 The Rangers 2

Captain Trips
22-05-2016, 02:55 AM
Interesting to hear from neutral reporters and or pundits that the pitch invasion has ruined the day. Ruined for who? The Sun? The Daily Record? Sevco fans? Aberdeen fans?.

That pitch invision only either makes or breaks the day for us fans nobody else, for me it didn't and I apologise to any Hibs fan that felt it did ruin it by going on. It seems quite a mixed bag on the pitch invasion but for me it made the day.

I will never forget this day hugging strangers people on their knees and nothing ruined it. The only thing that could have ruined today was Sevco winning.

I wonder though if it had stayed 1-0 would we have gone on pitch? For me the fact it was actually won so close to match ending was biggest factor as we were still celebrating goal.

(((Fergus)))
22-05-2016, 02:56 AM
Seeing that pitch fill with euphoric hibbies was worth any amount of stage-managed celebratory routines. But was there any reason they couldn't have done a lap of honour too?

SanFranHibs
22-05-2016, 05:37 AM
and of course I wont be there...but I hope the Hibees get on that pitch.

:flag::flag::flag:

SanFranHibs
22-05-2016, 05:53 AM
What is this crap about some were deprived of a lap of honour?

Sorry, what a joke....so it was not about winning the cup for the first time in 114 years? It was not for the memory of the generations who never seen Hibs win the cup?

I don't care if they wanted to do a 4x400 relay!!!

We won the Cup.

And it is time we changed the song....

We hate the Jam Tarts and The RFC !!!

And if you don't like it....go to Murrayfield or wherever!

To hell with everyone with their 5-1 salutes and their Hibsed It!!! I cant believe I herd the commentators on Sky using the terms Hibsed It,

Nothing will detract from the spirit shown by the Hibs team today!!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Alfred E Newman
22-05-2016, 05:59 AM
Poor policing response.

Pretty obvious that after 114 years hibs fans will try to get on the pitch. So why were all the plod (paid for by SFA ) standing around in the tunnels instead of around the perimeter.

It's a safety issue, and the plod failed.

What a ridiculous response.
If it had not been for the police action at the end there could have been real carnage. By concentrating on preventing the few Rangers fans that came on to the pitch reaching the Hibs support they prevented a riot.

Crammond Hibee
22-05-2016, 06:03 AM
There is no way anyone should condone going on the pitch.
The pitch is for players.Hibs will have to pay for the mindless damage.
We were deprived seeing the players celebrate and a lap of honour by our own sefish supporters.
The celebrations after the game are part of the enjoyment.
Even seeing the reaction of the opposition to a defeat.
I don't want to watch people wrecking goalposts digging up turf smoking on the pitch and fighting.i would rather see the players and the cup.

MickeyEdwards
22-05-2016, 06:09 AM
Thanks guys.

This! :agree:

I have video and photos of the horrible part of the pitch invasion, when many Rangers fans rain onto the pitch with the very clear obvious intention of arguing out acts of violence.

From where I was in the Upper South, the Hibs fans were celebrating a great win until then but a minority reacted to the violence with violence.

Very disappointed the I did not get to see Hibs lift the Cup in the usual time accustomed way and for the players and fans to enjoy a lap of honour!

A great Hibs result marred by the thoughtless and reckless acts of a small minority!

Crammond Hibee
22-05-2016, 06:14 AM

I have video and photos of the horrible part of the pitch invasion, when many Rangers fans rain onto the pitch with the very clear obvious intention of arguing out acts of violence.

From where I was in the Upper South, the Hibs fans were celebrating a great win until then but a minority reacted to the violence with violence.

Very disappointed the I did not get to see Hibs lift the Cup in the usual time accustomed way and for the players and fans to enjoy a lap of honour!

A great Hibs result marred by the thoughtless and reckless acts of a small minority!

I'm not sticking up for anyone but why did hibs fans go all the way down to the Rangers end and taunt them .

MickeyEdwards
22-05-2016, 06:18 AM
I'm not sticking up for anyone but why did hibs fans go all the way down to the Rangers end and taunt them .

Only those that did so can answer your question!

Bristolhibby
22-05-2016, 06:27 AM

My thoughts exactly. **** the press. We know what that means.

J

Crammond Hibee
22-05-2016, 06:27 AM
Only those that did so can answer your question!

True MICKEY
People can say what they like but for me the ending marred a wonderful day.
Children crying in the stands because the couldn't see the players and the cup.
All you people saying yes I was on the pitch are selfish .

Cabbage East
22-05-2016, 06:39 AM
I went on the pitch. Chored a few blades of grass. Took a few photos and lay down on the grass for a while to enjoy the moment.

andyf5
22-05-2016, 06:39 AM
True MICKEY
People can say what they like but for me the ending marred a wonderful day.
Children crying in the stands because the couldn't see the players and the cup.
All you people saying yes I was on the pitch are selfish .

The police were opening the gates to let fans on and at that point I went down to celebrate. No intention of taunting anyone or expectation that there were be no lap of honour as a result. Just wanted to be part of the moment after the officials were encouraging it by holding open the gates.

Colr
22-05-2016, 06:40 AM

We've had one or two "on field celebrations" in the past that I' ve participated in and where good natured and trouble free. Trouble with this one was a few decided to run to the opposition and confront the opposition players.

Cabbage East
22-05-2016, 06:44 AM
The absolute state of the cardigan wearing golf club members on here. We just won the Scottish cup :faf:

heretoday
22-05-2016, 06:55 AM
I didn't think anything could ruin the day when we finally got our hands on the Scottish Cup.

Just plain stupid.

You're absolutely right. Those involved must have been out of their minds. A great shame. We'll just have to do things better next time!

ThirdManRun
22-05-2016, 06:55 AM
Any Hibee that chooses to talk about a few bams on the pitch after the biggest result in the club's history needs more medical attention than any Rangers players.

Alfred E Newman
22-05-2016, 07:06 AM
:confused:
The absolute state of the cardigan wearing golf club members on here. We just won the Scottish cup :faf:

There have been quite a few but well done in winning the daftest post of the day.

theonlywayisup
22-05-2016, 07:13 AM
It's a pity that the minority of Hibs fans feel the need to run onto the pitch and attempt to spoil the celebration for the majority. It happened at ER in 2007 and it happened again yesterday.

Did it spoil my celebration? No!
Am I annoyed? No!
Did it affect the player's celebration? No!

Would I like to see them do it again? No! No! No.

Please next time, celebrate with you pals and don't run onto the pitch.

Cabbage East
22-05-2016, 07:19 AM
I disagree with nearly every post you make but you've nailed it here.

jakedance
22-05-2016, 07:23 AM
People going on the pitch didn't ruin my day. I didn't need a lap of honour to tell me we won the cup.

It was the police's fault there was no lap of honour. Everyone was back in the stands and the Huns were away. The police could have formed a ring round the stands and let the normal proceeding carry on. Instead they stood posturing and punished us and the team. I'm betting the match commander had hunish leanings. Look out for this 'riot' to be spun in the media by the police, SFA and Sevco.

ChooseLife
22-05-2016, 07:28 AM
Running on the pitch was the best part of today, can't believe Andy walkers commentary, no team will ever celebrate a cup final like we did! The scenes where beautiful

Stokesy's on fire
22-05-2016, 07:32 AM

Exactly

Crammond Hibee
22-05-2016, 07:44 AM
Running on the pitch was the best part of today, can't believe Andy walkers commentary, no team will ever celebrate a cup final like we did! The scenes where beautiful

Not in my book.
I wanted to see the players.
Not supporters.
Selfish

Dublin07
22-05-2016, 07:52 AM
It was the most amazing outpouring of emotion you will ever see. I am no thug and i am proud to say i was on that pitch yesterday. I was on the pitch with my 2 boys (my youngest was helped over the barriers by a steward). My mother in law was on there 4 days after losing her mum, my father in law, 4 of my nephews were there.
Everyone one of us will remember it forever, not 1 of the nine were there to cause any trouble we were there because the team we all love finally ended 114 years of torture. between the 9 of us we have seen 23 losing finals!!

Crammond Hibee
22-05-2016, 08:00 AM
It was the most amazing outpouring of emotion you will ever see. I am no thug and i am proud to say i was on that pitch yesterday. I was on the pitch with my 2 boys (my youngest was helped over the barriers by a steward). My mother in law was on there 4 days after losing her mum, my father in law, 4 of my nephews were there.
Everyone one of us will remember it forever, not 1 of the nine were there to cause any trouble we were there because the team we all love finally ended 114 years of torture. between the 9 of us we have seen 23 losing finals!!
I would rather have seen the players on the pitch than you and hey did you know you are not allowed on the pitch ?

jacomo
22-05-2016, 08:06 AM

Huns were goading us all match, as usual.

It was THEM coming on pitch too that caused the trouble.

jacomo
22-05-2016, 08:08 AM

:thumbsup:

Seems like the authorities just love to paint us as thugs.

We know THE TRUTH.

jacomo
22-05-2016, 08:10 AM
People going on the pitch didn't ruin my day. I didn't need a lap of honour to tell me we won the cup.

It was the police's fault there was no lap of honour. Everyone was back in the stands and the Huns were away. The police could have formed a ring round the stands and let the normal proceeding carry on. Instead they stood posturing and punished us and the team. I'm betting the match commander had hunish leanings. Look out for this 'riot' to be spun in the media by the police, SFA and Sevco.

100% correct.

They want to punish us for beating their beloved Sevco.

Hibernia&Alba
22-05-2016, 08:14 AM
I would rather have seen the players on the pitch than you and hey did you know you are not allowed on the pitch ?

Like I said yesterday, it was an outpouring of joy, nothing more. I reckon I could have run back to Easter Road without stopping at full time, but found myself doing a few laps of Hampden, due to the adrenalin. I actually don't remember much about it; what a natural high. It was over before I had chance to think about it. I, along with thousands of others, just wanted to be amongst our own at that moment. Of course if anyone misbehaved, they should be punished.

Dublin07
22-05-2016, 08:17 AM

whatever mate get over it. best day ever supporting the hibs if we ruined it for you then you must be a sensitive soul. 99% of the good hibs fans on the pitch ran on jumped around a wee bit hugged each other and left. if they had not opened the gates i would not have gone on.

drumatic44
22-05-2016, 08:17 AM
I have to that I blame the SFA., they knew that this would be a tense high profile game with a huge amount at stake. They should have sent out police and security after the equaliser. Cordon the pitch ,no problem end of. They surely must have known that if we'd won the thing after 114 years of failed attempts the emotions would boil over. mind you this is the SFA we're talking about.

stoneyburn hibs
22-05-2016, 08:28 AM
whatever mate get over it. best day ever supporting the hibs if we ruined it for you then you must be a sensitive soul. 99% of the good hibs fans on the pitch ran on jumped around a wee bit hugged each other and left. if they had not opened the gates i would not have gone on.

It was fantastic, greetin, hugging random people and trying to take in what we had achieved.

Hibernia&Alba
22-05-2016, 08:31 AM
It was fantastic, greetin, hugging random people and trying to take in what we had achieved.

I was hugging total strangers; grown men in tears. It was an incredible moment.

malcolm
22-05-2016, 08:47 AM
The thing that gets me is that we won that cup perfectly. No dodgy decision, no lucky own goal, no penalty shootout. 2-1 down with 10 minutes on the clock and pure desire won us the cup (It was like a script from the dreams we all have). There was no one who could take that away, no belittling that achievement, nothing to complain about, and then a good amount of supporters gave the media and TV plenty other than the game to talk about. No lap of honour, no players going wild on the park. Just a hasty presentation and standing about on the touchline.

I don't want to really tear into those that ran on as for most it was just pure emotion, but theres definitely a good few who just count handle their drink and be gracious in victory. Whether or not you caused any problems on the park you have to accept that in hindsight it was selfish and just really unnecessary.

Thankfully the police handled it quite well, not that they shouldn't have seen it coming and planned ahead, but with what they were faced with they acted sensibly.

They were at best complacent and ponderous in thought and action. Hibs winning and what the result of that would be in exuberance and joy was clearly just never considered and absolutely no effort was made to stop the smaller numbers of the rangers fans getting on to the pitch. After failing 100% in their duty the match commander then pathetically waited until he had marched battalions onto the pitch, then waited a bit longer before announcing the petty no lap decision. If they had waited till the masses were in place then allowed the team on the pitch you could perhaps understand the belt and braces approach. The problem is little different to that in 1979 when glasgow's police stood by watching our buses being stoned - you would have to say almost approvingly since they only did anything when folk got off the buses to chase the neds away. As they then arrested those Hibs fans you know it was not just a wish for quiet life that prompted inaction.

I don't think Hibs will be fined - as there is there not a strict no liability approach agreed and Hibs were not responsible for the policing or stewarding of the match. For the same reason the rangers will not be fined for their flares, sectarian bile, coming on to fight or just being unwashed and ugly.

Sadly we don't have a Scottish media rather a Glasgow one so no chance of impartial reporting.

cozy sausage
22-05-2016, 10:16 AM

I agree. It doesn't ruin the day but it spoils the ending. Waited over 40 years and not even a lap of honour. Never thought I'd see the day when the police were being applauded and the Hibs "fans" on the pitch were being booed by Hibs fans off the pitch. Selfish.

Scouse Hibee
22-05-2016, 10:20 AM
I loved the fact that a couple of kids on our bus proclaimed they had only waited 8 years to see Hibs win the cup:-)

hibs69
22-05-2016, 10:23 AM
NOTHING ruined the day for me.

But what is really trying to ruin THIS day is Jambo *****s on text saying the day was "marred" and it's "tarnished" ......., EFF OFF! Didn't think I'd feel anger the day after WINNING THE SCOTTISH CUP! EFF them all, phone is going off and we are heading to Leith Walk. HIBEES HIBEES HIBEES

Allant1981

Away and dont talk rubbish, they could have had the lap of honour at the end, half of glasgows police were there by that time and was only hibs fans left so they could have done the lap of honour

Alfred E Newman
I have to that I blame the SFA., they knew that this would be a tense high profile game with a huge amount at stake. They should have sent out police and security after the equaliser. Cordon the pitch ,no problem end of. They surely must have known that if we'd won the thing after 114 years of failed attempts the emotions would boil over. mind you this is the SFA we're talking about.

If they had done that they would have got pelters on here for trying to spoil our day and treating us like animals etc, they can't win. Given the emotion of the whole day, maybe their big mistake was trusting the fans to act responsibly in the first place .

Killiehibbie
22-05-2016, 10:28 AM
I went on the pitch! Celebrated, got a bit of the centre circle spot! Continued in my walk of pride minding my own business and some rangers fan charges me down and I'm the hooligan!? Get tae France the weege media sore loser p!sh.
You're obviously quicker than me as it was gone by the time I went for it:flag:

AndyB_70
22-05-2016, 10:29 AM
Running on the pitch is fine. Take a couple of pictures. Jumped about with your mates for a few minutes but then get off the pitch.
You are the reason our team could not bring the cup onto the pitch. Why stay on the pitch for so long? You must have known they wouldn't get to life the cup until it was cleared. ERSES

High-On-Hibs
22-05-2016, 10:37 AM
Hibs have just won the Scottish Cup..... let that sink in for a moment.

Then ask yourselfs why on earth you are squabbling over the different ways in which fans celebrated this ultra rare event.

Scouse Hibee
22-05-2016, 11:09 AM
An emotional reaction of overwhelming joy,even if you didn't like it surely you can forgive it yesterday of all days.

Onceinawhile
22-05-2016, 11:24 AM
Very very very slightly disappointed that people ran on the pitch.

Did it detract from my day? Maybe 1% at a push.

I didn't run on the pitch, but the sheer emotion of finally winning it, let alone doing it in the way we did? Can't complain about it.

I still woke up this morning with my team as Scottish cup winners.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-05-2016, 11:25 AM
I ran on the pitch because it was an "in the moment" thing. I was getting concerned when everyone was pushing and shoving to get to the bottom of the stand though because me and many others were getting squashed and it kept reminding me that day in Hillsborough so I was trying my best to tell everyone to chill the **** out and stay back until people could move.

Other than that, when I got on the pitch I ran around like a maniac for 5 mins whilst taking videos and pics. I the slipped on my arse and ended up taking an on running Hibs fan out the game with an accidental slide tackle😂 After this I went back to my seat to try and find my family!

Best day of my life.

Scouse Hibee
22-05-2016, 11:30 AM
I ran on the pitch because it was an "in the moment" thing. I was getting concerned when everyone was pushing and shoving to get to the bottom of the stand though because me and many others were getting squashed and it kept reminding me that day in Hillsborough so I was trying my best to tell everyone to chill the **** out and stay back until people could move.

Other than that, when I got on the pitch I ran around like a maniac for 5 mins whilst taking videos and pics. I the slipped on my arse and ended up taking an on running Hibs fan out the game with an accidental slide tackle😂 After this I went back to my seat to try and find my family!

Best day of my life.

How you can quote a Hillsborough scenario in relation to yesterday is totally beyond me. Let's not over dramatise a joyeous moment.

Robinho08
22-05-2016, 11:32 AM
I wish I ran on, stood and watched totally stunned with what a momentous occasion I was witnessing.

Franck Stanton
22-05-2016, 11:37 AM

I was there today with my eight-year-old daughter, only her second Hibs game (I thought long and hard before agreeing to her going, got it right in hindsight :greengrin).

There's not a chance I would have been down on the pitch, even if I hadn't had her with me. I just wouldn't, but I won't blame those who did, it was entirely predictable.

If we are to be castigated for it I sort of wish I had rushed down with my daughter - I'd be happy to take some of the responsibility, we just won the Scottish Cup :not worth

Our fans aren't the bad guys here and if it wasn't for the fact we were playing them, it would be portrayed as something joyful and positive - imagine a pitch invasion if we had beaten Ross County? All the commentators would be creaming themselves about fan enthusiasm.

Huns and Hun sympathisers are very sore losers is the one truth that's clear from this Final.

Good post, brings out a lot of good, pertinent points. Agree entirely with bits in bold. There is a post earlier with headline "Miller fights off a Hibs fan" look at the attached photograph - Hibs fan offering his hand -open hand- to shake and Miller waving him away. NO AGGRESSION WHAT_SO_EVER however , that is the bias the weegie press will put on the entire episode. Lets be honest here, the pitch invasion shouldn't have happened, however, given the circumstances, it was just a pure emotional thing, no aggression, no thoughts of fighting, just pure, football related emotion. Do I have a problem with it ? Only slight downer is I didn't get to see the lap of honour and the singing of "Sunshine on Leith" anthem by the massed Hibs support. Still, will be there to see/take part today in Leith.
WE WON THC CUP _ NOTHING< Repeat NOTHING ELSE MATTERS .

:gwa::gwa::gwa::gwa::gwa:

makaveli1875
22-05-2016, 11:39 AM
couldnt get a ticket but if i had been there , i would have been on the pitch . watching it on TV though i was thinking - were going to get hammered for this

Dalianwanda
22-05-2016, 11:40 AM
I ran around the beer garden of the pub..all the locals were talking about was how great a game it was..crowd stuff hardly mentioned (apart from this better get presented before the da cup final)

Andy74
22-05-2016, 11:43 AM
The commentary on it and the reporting today is very much at odds with what I witnessed. It was good natured exuberance which maybe a handful took too far. A pity it didn't clear more quickly though. All part of the story of a fantastic day.

The Rangers reaction is pathetic and the SFA comment ridiculous.

Hibernia&Alba
22-05-2016, 11:45 AM
The commentary on it and the reporting today is very much at odds with what I witnessed. It was good natured exuberance which maybe a handful took too far. A pity it didn't clear more quickly though. All part of the story of a fantastic day.

Spot on

wookie70
22-05-2016, 11:45 AM
I used the word disgusted when I saw our fans invading yesterday. It took the shine off because Hibs class means a lot to me. At the time I could see how it would end up. No lap of honour and Hibs being fined and castigated all around the world. The media will only blame Hibs. On reflection I suppose I was being a bit selfish like those that ran on as I wanted the fans off the pitch so I could enjoy watching the lap of honour etc. We won the cup and I had to explain to the kids what was happening.
I had a great night in the Harp and Castle. Loads of lager and song and an amazing atmosphere. Today, I am merely disappointed in my fellow fans. I wish we had celebrated in the stands and hope today is a joyous event without any bother.

KeithTheHibby
22-05-2016, 11:46 AM
I also went on the pitch. One of the best moments of my life.

marinello59
22-05-2016, 11:49 AM

Spot on. The media, SFA and Sevco have joined forces on this one. Sad stuff.

Dalianwanda
22-05-2016, 12:07 PM
I ran around the beer garden of the pub..all the locals were talking about was how great a game it was..crowd stuff hardly mentioned (apart from this better get presented before the da cup final)

Crammond Hibee
22-05-2016, 12:52 PM
I used the word disgusted when I saw our fans invading yesterday. It took the shine off because Hibs class means a lot to me. At the time I could see how it would end up. No lap of honour and Hibs being fined and castigated all around the world. The media will only blame Hibs. On reflection I suppose I was being a bit selfish like those that ran on as I wanted the fans off the pitch so I could enjoy watching the lap of honour etc. We won the cup and I had to explain to the kids what was happening.
I had a great night in the Harp and Castle. Loads of lager and song and an amazing atmosphere. Today, I am merely disappointed in my fellow fans. I wish we had celebrated in the stands and hope today is a joyous event without any bother.
Exactly
Not Hibs Class

Crammond Hibee
22-05-2016, 12:53 PM
I also went on the pitch. One of the best moments of my life.

Selfish

Scouse Hibee
22-05-2016, 12:55 PM
Selfish

Come on mate it was hardly an act of selfishness,a spontaneous reaction that you are judging in hindsight.

Hibernia&Alba
22-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Selfish

Nae need, mate.

Pretty Boy
22-05-2016, 12:58 PM

Well said.

Crammond Hibee
22-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Nae need, mate.

I know guys but we wanted to see the players celebrate and the parade of the trophy .Most people celebrated in the stand More appropriate

Scouse Hibee
22-05-2016, 01:00 PM
I know guys but we wanted to see the players celebrate and the parade of the trophy .Most people celebrated in the stand More appropriate

Yes I get that,I too stayed in the stand but I can't bring myself to criticise folk that didn't on a fantastic day for Hibees.

Crammond Hibee
22-05-2016, 01:08 PM
Yes I get that,I too stayed in the stand but I can't bring myself to criticise folk that didn't on a fantastic day for Hibees.

Yep a brilliant day.

Absolutely excitement and if a few no problem .But too many and too much trouble.

I'm sure you would have liked to have seen the usual presentations etc ?????

Itsnoteasy
22-05-2016, 01:10 PM

Got to agree. Denied probably the best rendition of sunshine on Leith ever & the chance to see the players enjoy a lap of honour. The minority spoil it for the majority.

Hibernia&Alba
22-05-2016, 01:12 PM
Got to agree. Denied probably the best rendition of sunshine on Leith ever & the chance to see the players enjoy a lap of honour. The minority spoil it for the majority.

Minority? There were thousands celebrating on the pitch for what was only a few minutes. It wasn't a riot. Everything could/should have continued as normal.

Ronniekirk
22-05-2016, 01:13 PM
The aftermath of the fighting though has other repercussions
Me and my son on crutches and daughter needed a police escort on the train from Glasgow central to Paisley
All we were doing was singing Super John McGinn
at 10 30 Yes a little bit pished and the number of rangers fans wanting a fight was just ridiculous
Am now siting at queen street station waiting on train to Edinburgh sober minding my own business with my family and guy calls me a **** bag and starts to threaten me and thankfully the police arrived and he scarpered
But got yet another police escort The police couldn't of been nicer about it and commented the best team won

FromTheCapital
22-05-2016, 01:16 PM
I was on the park and I do not regret one minute of it.
I've waited 27 years for this.
I ran on the pitch with my friends and savoured every moment of it.
I ran on the park to celebrate but those who went on to the pitch to cause bother are the ********s.

hibbymikey
22-05-2016, 01:18 PM
They were at best complacent and ponderous in thought and action. Hibs winning and what the result of that would be in exuberance and joy was clearly just never considered and absolutely no effort was made to stop the smaller numbers of the rangers fans getting on to the pitch. After failing 100% in their duty the match commander then pathetically waited until he had marched battalions onto the pitch, then waited a bit longer before announcing the petty no lap decision. If they had waited till the masses were in place then allowed the team on the pitch you could perhaps understand the belt and braces approach. The problem is little different to that in 1979 when glasgow's police stood by watching our buses being stoned - you would have to say almost approvingly since they only did anything when folk got off the buses to chase the neds away. As they then arrested those Hibs fans you know it was not just a wish for quiet life that prompted inaction.

I don't think Hibs will be fined - as there is there not a strict no liability approach agreed and Hibs were not responsible for the policing or stewarding of the match. For the same reason the rangers will not be fined for their flares, sectarian bile, coming on to fight or just being unwashed and ugly.

Sadly we don't have a Scottish media rather a Glasgow one so no chance of impartial reporting.

Yeah, the preparation was obviously lacking. Severely.

I just thought the police on the front line handled the immediate situation well enough, opening the gates and just letting people get on so there wasn't any pile ups, and just getting the waste of space stewards out of the road.

MickeyEdwards
22-05-2016, 01:27 PM

Spot on! :top marks

Bishop Hibee
22-05-2016, 01:35 PM

Nailed it. I'm off to 'invade' Leith Links now.

--------
22-05-2016, 01:41 PM
QUOTE=marinello59;4699025]Spot on. The media, SFA and Sevco have joined forces on this one. Sad stuff.[/QUOTE]

What else did anyone expect? Of course they're ganging up - Regan doesn't want anyone to draw attention to the shambolic way the police were operating; Rangers are just being the blie-laden sore losers they always are, and the media (dominated by the Glasgow football mafia) are having a field day. All because people couldn't stay in their seats.

In 1972 at the League Cup final Hibs were told there would be no lap of honour because of the Celtic fans' misbehaviour, but after the presentation Pat and the team came over with the Cup to the North Terrace where we were standing and acknowledged the support while we applauded and cheered the team. It's one of the best memories I have of Hibs and one I'll always treasure.

The folk who went on the pitch yesterday might very well say it was the best moment of their lives - whatever - but there was no proper presentation of the Cup, only a very low-key affair in a half-empty stadium; the Cup couldn't be paraded to the Hibs fans who had stayed in their seats, and now the club faces severe repercussions as a result of the selfish, stupid behaviour of a large minority of Hibs supporters.

What will NOT be mentioned in the papers or on the Net or on TV is the fact that the police should have been out in force cordoning off the pitch right after Stokes' second goal; that the movement of fans down the stairs to the front of the terrace should have been stopped as soon as it began; and that the speed of the eventual response by the police simply underlines the fact that they were in the stadium and ready to come out to the pitch but were not called at a time when they could have prevented the disorder rather than quelling it after it had kicked off.

I know one of the people who inspect stadiums and issue safety certificates. He told me that there were FIVE "safety officers" at Hampden yesterday - one from Hibs, one from Rangers, one from the SFA, one from the SPFL, and the Hampden stadium safety officer as well. Not one of them seems to have done his job with any intelligence or efficiency at all.

This doesn't excuse the carry-on on the pitch, mind. That should never have happened.

Oh, and the damage to the stadium was so bad that there are matches going on at Hampden - on the Cup Final pitch - as I type this. But that's not the point - Rangers players and club staff shouldn't have been confronted, manhandled, abused or assaulted in any way. Totally indefensible.

RIP
22-05-2016, 01:54 PM

Yes but then you continue to miss the point. The gates to the pitch were opened by the stewards many of whom helped fans through, accompanied by police. Three generations of a family, women, bairns all celebrating together.

A beautiful moment spoiled by Rangers thugs

Andy74
22-05-2016, 02:07 PM

That's fine with hindsight but at that point nobody who took the chance to celebrate on the pitch would know that it would lead to the lap of honour being cancelled. It should have stil taken place anyway.

Hibernia&Alba
22-05-2016, 02:08 PM
That's fine with hindsight but at that point nobody who took the chance to celebrate on the pitch would know that it would lead to the lap of honour being cancelled. It should have stil taken place anyway.

jacomo
22-05-2016, 02:55 PM

The pitch invasion was obviously a spontaneous outpouring of relief and joy, and nothing sinister about it.

Hibs fans very quickly separated from the Rangers idiots who entered the pitch too and complied with police and stewards.

Remaining Hibs fans in the stands then started chant of 'off off off' and applauding those who left the pitch.

It was a joyous occasion. All real football fans and reasonable folk know the truth.

ancient hibee
22-05-2016, 03:32 PM

The pitch invasion was obviously a spontaneous outpouring of relief and joy, and nothing sinister about it.

Hibs fans very quickly separated from the Rangers idiots who entered the pitch too and complied with police and stewards.

Remaining Hibs fans in the stands then started chant of 'off off off' and applauding those who left the pitch.

It was a joyous occasion. All real football fans and reasonable folk know the truth.

What about our moronic idiots who charged up to their end?

I see the police are now looking for two Hibs fans who put a Rangers fan in hospital at Haymarket Station.

sh00byd00
22-05-2016, 03:40 PM
The police were opening the gates to let fans on and at that point I went down to celebrate. No intention of taunting anyone or expectation that there were be no lap of honour as a result. Just wanted to be part of the moment after the officials were encouraging it by holding open the gates.

They weren't encouraging anything. By opening the gates, they were limiting the chances of some sort of crush.

The win was enough for me and I'll leave others to bicker amongst themselves who was right and who was wrong.

Hibs07p
22-05-2016, 03:40 PM
Apart from the fans that went past the halfway line into enemy territory, the rest were displaying pure exuberance and did very little wrong. As other people have said on this thread, the reason the lap of honour was cancelled was as a punishment, nothing else. Didn't spoil my day whatsoever. When the media start reporting accurately stories about clubs that dodge their taxes, stiff their creditors and charities, then I'll give a **** what negative spin they put on a Hibs Scottish Cup victory.

GGTTH

jacomo
22-05-2016, 03:44 PM
What about our moronic idiots who charged up to their end?

I see the police are now looking for two Hibs fans who put a Rangers fan in hospital at Haymarket Station.

Where do you draw the line?

I was sat in K section. The Rangers fans were goading us all afternoon. Those Hibs fans sitting closer to them faced threats and abuse all afternoon.

I'm not massively surprised some Hibs fans (a small number) ran towards the Rangers end to give them a GIRFUY. I don't condone it but I'm hardly surprised. There is no evidence they were actually going to run into the Rangers end.

The only reason the Rangers fans came onto the pitch was to fight.

helpfulsoul
22-05-2016, 04:06 PM
What nobody has answered is what about our fans attacking Wallace and the keeper etc, and yes we are in denial if we say it never happened, totally disgusting a player getting punched by ours in front of his kids in the stand

DH1875
22-05-2016, 04:09 PM
What nobody has answered is what about our fans attacking Wallace and the keeper etc, and yes we are in denial if we say it never happened, totally disgusting a player getting punched by ours in front of his kids in the stand

What you talking about? There's a whole thread on it :confused:

essexhibee
22-05-2016, 04:12 PM

What about Rangers fans trying to drag a young CHILD away. What about dangerous pyrotechnics. What about continual sectarian singing throughout the game? I'd like these questions answered.

Utterly laughable the way you Rangers fans are trying to portray yourselves as holy than nou upstanding members of Scottish football. Remember Manchester 2008 when you disgraced a nation? Why did Rangers fans need to go on the pitch? They hadn't won the game, it was purely to start confrontation.

Pete
22-05-2016, 04:24 PM

What about the pictures and footage of your fans attacking ours?

What about Henderson getting kicked?

Get lost.

Scouse Hibee
22-05-2016, 04:27 PM

Have you just landed?

helpfulsoul
22-05-2016, 04:38 PM
So deflect deny, but although the ones that were on to celebrate fine, punches to players wrong.

Hibrandenburg
22-05-2016, 04:46 PM
Think Stubbs summed it up nicely in his post match interview. "I can understand it but can't condone it". He probably didn't know that some imbeciles had smacked some rangers players at that time though.

essexhibee
22-05-2016, 04:47 PM
So deflect deny, but although the ones that were on to celebrate fine, punches to players wrong.

No one is denying that it isn't? :confused::confused:

You'll admit that trying to abduct a young boy away to an opposite end of the ground is wrong also I presume?

helpfulsoul
22-05-2016, 04:58 PM
No one is denying that it isn't? :confused::confused:

You'll admit that trying to abduct a young boy away to an opposite end of the ground is wrong also I presume?

Totally, but personally I haven't seen it the twitter link is not working on that thread, great game no bad refereeing decisions,, but remember the lout at tyncastle that smacked lennon, well consequences will be worse than that

Pete
22-05-2016, 05:00 PM
but remember the lout at tyncastle that smacked lennon, well consequences will be worse than that

I've come to the conclusion that you don't know what you're talking about. Who is responsible for security in each instance?

Caversham Green
22-05-2016, 05:01 PM

I take it that's a typo?

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?237169-Best-of-luck-to-you&p=3233712&highlight=#post3233712

helpfulsoul
22-05-2016, 05:12 PM
I've come to the conclusion that you don't know what you're talking about. Who is responsible for security in each instance?

So blame lies totally with stewardship? Fans are to blame

helpfulsoul
22-05-2016, 05:15 PM
I take it that's a typo?

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?237169-Best-of-luck-to-you&p=3233712&highlight=#post3233712

Not allowed to speak about events then? Thought that's what the thread was about

Caversham Green
22-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Not allowed to speak about events then? Thought that's what the thread was about

You're allowed to speak about what you want, just don't pretend to be better than you are.

SaulGoodman
22-05-2016, 05:17 PM

Why pretend to be a Hibs fan? :hilarious

Mind you must be pretty hard supporting that *****. Yous got humped, go home ya Hun.

helpfulsoul
22-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Why pretend to be a Hibs fan? :hilarious

Mind you must be pretty hard supporting that *****. Yous got humped, go home ya Hun.

Falkirk must be worth a punt next year

ChooseLife
22-05-2016, 05:22 PM

Hahahaha GIRFUY!!!

Pete
22-05-2016, 05:23 PM
So blame lies totally with stewardship? Fans are to blame

Erm, we're talking about consequences and hearts were punished because they failed to guarantee lennons's safety. The truth will come out and it's not your Glasgow-centric version of events.

Good luck with your petition.

Aldo
22-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Petition started be Newco fans to have use removed from Europe and chucked out of Scottish!!

Pete
22-05-2016, 05:26 PM
Petition started be Newco fans to have use removed from Europe and chucked out of Scottish!!

It's a bit pointless as anyone can just hide behind the legislation they do.

SaulGoodman
22-05-2016, 05:33 PM

Bite bite bite.

Do you no have some petitions to sign with all your other mutants? I'm away to enjoy yesterday's win with my family.

Itsnoteasy
22-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Minority? There were thousands celebrating on the pitch for what was only a few minutes. It wasn't a riot. Everything could/should have continued as normal.

Still the minority as there was in the region of 22000 Hibbys there

Allant1981
22-05-2016, 05:37 PM

Away you go back ibrox

Captain Trips
22-05-2016, 05:42 PM
The hibs fans crossing the halfway line shouldnt have, the Sevco fans shouldnt have reacted. I accept Hibs fans that did go up their end were foolish but this does not condone 90mins of Billy Boys, Derrys Walls and Alan Stubbs being a sad Feinan ******* with 2/3 illegal smoke bombs going off.

More than accept some Hibs fane were out of order but compare the 100 or so that crossed the halfway line to the 1000s singing bile all day.

Lets investigate the whole day please.

Scouse Hibee
22-05-2016, 05:46 PM

Remember to close the door on the way back into your cage,say hello to the other knuckle draggers for me.

CropleyWasGod
22-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Totally, but personally I haven't seen it the twitter link is not working on that thread, great game no bad refereeing decisions,, but remember the lout at tyncastle that smacked lennon, well consequences will be worse than that
Not proven, wasn't it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Eyrie
22-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Not proven, wasn't it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

And yet there was more evidence to convict him than has so far been produced regarding the alleged assaults on Sevco players at the final whistle.

22-05-2016, 06:07 PM
I can completely understand the outburst of pure passion and emotion but I do wish people had stayed off the park. It would have allowed the players to come on and celebrate etc.

I do however, think the huns are milking this for everything its worth. Their poor wee innocent victim routine and their "our fans were angels in the face of the big bad hibs fans" is cringeworthy and laughable.

Nevertheless, an outstanding day and absolutely nothing will take the shine off it

Turkish Green
22-05-2016, 07:33 PM
My joy at the final whistle was tainted (somewhat) by what followed. But, what was done, is done. I have got over it. Now we have the Huns propaganda machine, that is the west coat media, going into overdrive to remove all evidence of sectarian chanting, flares and a shoddy defence.

i expect both clubs will be punished to cover the SFA but regardless:

HIBERNIAN FC - WILLIAM HILL SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-05-2016, 07:52 PM
For all the times I have been provoked by stewards at Ibrox or threatened by stewards at Parkhead or just hassled by stewards at Tannadice, that's the first game in ages where the stewards actually had a job to do to maintain crowd safety and they were hopelessly overrun. Pitch invasion was almost guaranteed after that surge after Gray's goal. Not condoning what happened because it denied us the lap of honour but the stewards are there for a reason.

GlasgowHibee
22-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Any footage from on the pitch? I was in the comfy seats so couldn't make it past anyone. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
22-05-2016, 08:26 PM
For all the times I have been provoked by stewards at Ibrox or threatened by stewards at Parkhead or just hassled by stewards at Tannadice, that's the first game in ages where the stewards actually had a job to do to maintain crowd safety and they were hopelessly overrun. Pitch invasion was almost guaranteed after that surge after Gray's goal. Not condoning what happened because it denied us the lap of honour but the stewards are there for a reason.

The stewards had no chance of repelling the fans,the sheer volume was overwhelming. The stewards themselves are blameless.

ads913
22-05-2016, 08:31 PM
https://www.facebook.com/974040009332434/videos/1043731382363296/ did anyone catch this culprit. shocking display :faf:

ehf
22-05-2016, 08:34 PM
I take it that's a typo?

:not worth :lolrangers:::faf:

What a lady's front bottom.