PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous Ranger's Statement

Arch Stanton
21-05-2016, 05:05 PM
Just heard it being read out - condemning Hibs supporters for threatening their players and fans. They also praised their own fans for showing restraint.

Really? Singing Billy Boys at the end is showing restraint? It's now OK to sing that is it?

No doubt Hibs will be punished but I wonder if they get off scot free.

FromTheCapital
21-05-2016, 05:05 PM
**** THOSE HORRIBLE ****S.
WE ARE THE SCOTTISH CUP CHAMPIONS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
21-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Tbf we shouldn't be doing that to their staff and I hope we ban offenders.

Pete
21-05-2016, 05:06 PM
It was a minority.

Move on.

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Just heard this, aye right, you've got no previous right enough, disgusting sectarian ****bags.

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-05-2016, 05:08 PM
Tbf we shouldn't be doing that to their staff and I hope we ban offenders.

**** them!

Pretty Boy
**** them.

SlickShoes
Poor rangers, get ****ed I'll happily take the fine

high bee
What about Manchester?

Or are they a new club this week?

Pete
21-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Our fans are assaulted (with missiles) every time we go to Ibrox.

Next.

biotech
21-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Inflammatory to release this so soon.

Jack Hackett
21-05-2016, 05:10 PM
**** them!

**** them.

+1 **** them

esjorto
His majesty David Wier being involved I would expect no less from s******s.

Hibrandenburg
They're just getting a preemptive strike in. GGTTH

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-05-2016, 05:11 PM
How embarrassed would I be at a statement like that?

Sour sour losers!

:flag:

Big90inOz
21-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Poor dears

Eyrie
21-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Two things came to mind as soon as I heard that

1 - They were trying to distract their supporters from the fact that they lost.

2 - No mention was made of their own supporters running onto the pitch to confront celebrating Hibs fans.

Petrie has already made clear that we will accept our punishment for what happened, so it's now up to the authorities to ensure that Sevco do the same. And if they don't, we have to fight it.

cabbageandribs1875
21-05-2016, 05:14 PM
i really do wish an interviewer would have the guts to add on.... and what about your fans sectarian bigotry mr warbutton ?

pennyhibee
21-05-2016, 05:15 PM
2016 scottish cup final rangers 2 hibernian 3 dry your eyes

coco22
21-05-2016, 05:15 PM
No excuses for assaulting The Gers staff - players shd never be caught up in fans' nonsense. But for the steaming cup of pish that was thrown over us at Ibrox, moral high ground will never be reached.

Eyrie
21-05-2016, 05:23 PM
No excuses for assaulting The Gers staff - players shd never be caught up in fans' nonsense. But for the steaming cup of pish that was thrown over us at Ibrox, moral high ground will never be reached.

Other than the Sevco statement, is there any evidence that their staff and/or players were assaulted?

I don't doubt that one or two idiots will have yelled something derogatory at them, but that doesn't mean that Sevco can play the victim card here.

cam2644
21-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Tactical move by Rangers to hide from part of the blame. Unnecessarily sour but to be expected.

essexhibee
21-05-2016, 05:27 PM
HAHAHAHA so bitter.

Mugs. You got beat done finished!!!

hibs0666
21-05-2016, 05:28 PM
Just heard it being read out - condemning Hibs supporters for threatening their players and fans. They also praised their own fans for showing restraint.

Really? Singing Billy Boys at the end is showing restraint? It's now OK to sing that is it?

They are hurting.

Gerard
21-05-2016, 05:30 PM
PS will make sure that all the people who are guilty of criminal actions will be dealt with by the courts. It is not acceptable for any person to assault another one legal defence such as self-defence accepted by the courts.

Scooter
21-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Look we shouldn't be attacking anyone but there statement is ridiculous

gogsy23
21-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Rangersfan punching horse going viral on social media. Well done trfc great deflection tactics

PeeJay
21-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Real pity IF HIbs fans were involved in any assaults - on a special day like this, this sort of behaviour does the club no good .... no excuses. Think The Rangers should have appeared afterwards for their medals though after everything had been cleared up .... BTW the HIBS TV team were subject to some hefty language insults from Rangers fans in the vicinity AND they were assaulted too by all accounts ...

CraigHibee
21-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Horrible bigoted ****, that's what they are

cabbageandribs1875
21-05-2016, 05:35 PM
horses don't punch back

calamitus
21-05-2016, 05:36 PM
Waaa! Waaa! But I don't Want to lose! There was only one set of fans that didn't belong on the pitch, and that was the the Rangers fans. Look at the end of a rugby international. They don't get branded as thugs, they're just celebrating. Same with us. It was a celebration. Not a hint of trouble with the police line. Ok, we wrecked a £500 set of goals, and probably did another £500 of damage to the pitch. Boo f'n hoo.

dp00
21-05-2016, 05:39 PM
I saw a hibs fan punch Wallace so feel this is gonna come back and bite us in the ass

Waxy
21-05-2016, 05:40 PM
What they did in 1980 was alot worse

marinello59
21-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Sour losers.

JFK-1
21-05-2016, 05:41 PM
The absolute reality is that it's not going to matter how you try to spin this or ignore it or downplay it among yourselves. There will be no agreement from anyone else that this was anything but shocking and dangerous behaviour from not a handful of people but thousands and already the actual result is a side issue with the English media running with labels like "feral" with barely a word on the actual result.There is no point in trying to talk around it by going on about how somebody else did something else at some other time. It wont take any focus off it. And does anyone seriously imagine that only Rangers would have issued such a statement after such an event? Any club would have and it's like the SFA will too.It's all this final is going to be remembered for just like the 1980 final and since views on this kind of thing are infinitely more stern than they were in 1980 the chances are there will be severe repercussions.

Pete
21-05-2016, 05:43 PM
The absolute reality is that it's not going to matter how you try to spin this or ignore it or downplay it among yourselves. There will be no agreement from anyone else that this was anything but shocking and dangerous behaviour from not a handful of people but thousands and already the actual result is a side issue with the English media running with labels like "feral" with barely a word on the actual result.There is no point in trying to talk around it by going on about how somebody else did something else at some other time. It wont take any focus off it. And does anyone seriously imagine that only Rangers would have issued such a statement after such an event? Any club would have and it's like the SFA will too.It's all this final is going to be remembered for just like the 1980 final and since views on this kind of thing are infinitely more stern than they were in 1980 the chances are there will be severe repercussions.

What about your fans and your bigoted singing?

Was anything said in the all knowing English media About that?

No offence but get lost.

euro Hibby
21-05-2016, 05:43 PM
yes this will bite us sadly. The policing was pretty crap and as we all now Glasgow protects it's own

TRC
21-05-2016, 05:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daEMvQsWys8

aye we're the bad ones!! :aok:

Thegreenside
21-05-2016, 05:45 PM
Nout to do with rangers fans running on the pitch

--------
21-05-2016, 05:45 PM
I saw a hibs fan punch Wallace so feel this is gonna come back and bite us in the ass

THIS is how its's going to be.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/7165927/Six-Rangers-players-and-coach-Davie-Weir-ATTACKED-by-Hibs-yobs-in-Scottish-Cup-Final-shame.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-ScottishSun-_-20160521-_-SunScotNews-_-474464418-_-Imageandlink

Great. :rolleyes:

jonty
21-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Chief executive Stewart Regan said the Scottish Football Association was "appalled by the scenes of disorder and the contemptible behaviour" following the cup final.
Pot. Kettle. Black. Most Scottish Football fans say that about every time the SFA meet and have to make a decision. :cup:

heidtheba
21-05-2016, 05:48 PM
Any Hibs fan who threw a punch or provoked opposing fans from a pitch they weren't supposed to be on should get the full force of the law.

But let's not kid ourselves here. That 'pitch invasion' was an outpouring of positive feeling. It wasn't a dash across the green to 'get at the The Rangers' fans, it wasn't a ruck with the police, it wasn't a 'running battle'. It was something that was an emotional outpouring.

So, with the exception of the people I mentioned in my first line. I. Just. Don't. Care. We've had finals lost to teams who cheated kids in state education, hospitals and the serving men and women because they cheated the taxes. We've had vomit, coins and other things thrown from Ibrox upper levels. We've had the media ripping into us more than the tax cheats.

So, for all those thousands who 'invaded the pitch' just to party? I'm not going to apologise for that as a Hibs fan.

And if the media don't like it? Opposing fans? The Rangers?

I couldn't give a monkeys.

jonty
21-05-2016, 05:52 PM

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/7165927/Six-Rangers-players-and-coach-Davie-Weir-ATTACKED-by-Hibs-yobs-in-Scottish-Cup-Final-shame.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-ScottishSun-_-20160521-_-SunScotNews-_-474464418-_-Imageandlink

Sums up the woeful reporting too

Hibs fans surged onto the pitch on the final whistle to celebrate as their team won the Cup for the first time in 114 years.
But the party mood soon turned nasty as Rangers supporters flooded onto the Hampden turf to confront them

But the scenes of celebration were utterly shameful.
How dare we celebrate.

I cant believe i read some of that article!

No need for the ********s looking for bother. Some might say no need for the pitch invasion. understandable but not necessary.

calamitus
21-05-2016, 05:53 PM
Absolute garbage. The Hibs pitch invasion basically looked like a music festival crowd with about 20 ********s at the edge.The stickies vs cletic trouble in the 80s was like the Brixton riots

johnbc70
21-05-2016, 05:53 PM
Remember Manchester Rangers fans?

OtleyHibs
21-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Posted this on wrong thread due to drunkeness so copy and pasted:
Don't let them ruin it for you. Pitch invasions happen globally without this backlash. Bitter in defeat.

We never got to take the trophy on the pitch but it's ours so they can get it up them

Allant1981
21-05-2016, 05:57 PM

We won the cup and wanted to celebrate, rangers fans didnt have to come anywhere near the pitch

Cropley10
21-05-2016, 05:59 PM

Rangers fans ran on the pitch to confront Hibs fans celebrating.

Waxy
21-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Theyre just bitter coz of of the "your not rangers any more" song

chrisski33
21-05-2016, 06:02 PM
The result and what happened at the end has hardly been mentioned in England or elsewhere. Bbc scotland went on how the scene would be broadcast all round the world but i seem to think theu forget the world doesnt give two hoots about scottish football

Colr
21-05-2016, 06:02 PM
We'll get fined but in the grand scheme who cares what will actually be remembered is we finally won after 114 years. That's all that matters and all that ever will matter.

Caversham Green
21-05-2016, 06:03 PM

The fan hitting the s**t.

It's usually the other way round.

lapsedhibee
21-05-2016, 06:04 PM
And does anyone seriously imagine that only Rangers would have issued such a statement after such an event? Any club would have and it's like the SFA will too.

You missed out a THEREFORE between the Rangers blablabla and the SFA blablabla .

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Got to let the dust settle on this. IMO this is a real Corporal Jones moment for The Rangers as they really don't like it up them.

Franck Stanton
21-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Any Hibs fan who threw a punch or provoked opposing fans from a pitch they weren't supposed to be on should get the full force of the law.

But let's not kid ourselves here. That 'pitch invasion' was an outpouring of positive feeling. It wasn't a dash across the green to 'get at the The Rangers' fans, it wasn't a ruck with the police, it wasn't a 'running battle'. It was something that was an emotional outpouring.

So, with the exception of the people I mentioned in my first line. I. Just. Don't. Care. We've had finals lost to teams who cheated kids in state education, hospitals and the serving men and women because they cheated the taxes. We've had vomit, coins and other things thrown from Ibrox upper levels. We've had the media ripping into us more than the tax cheats.

So, for all those thousands who 'invaded the pitch' just to party? I'm not going to apologise for that as a Hibs fan.

And if the media don't like it? Opposing fans? The Rangers?

I couldn't give a monkeys.

Sums up the situation entirely. Well said that man.

The daftie rangers fans didn't have any reason to go onto the pitch other than to confront the Hibs support. The Hibs supporters were just letting the emotion of the win pour out, it was all good natured - that is until confronted by ork hoards.
You lost - get over it ya mugs. :na na::na na::na na:

McD
21-05-2016, 06:07 PM
I'm sure there were plenty of cameras that will have caught anything untoward, from both sides.

Anyone who has assaulted someone else, either physically or verbally, will and should be punished. But why? On this of all days, why did anyone feel the need to abandon celebrating to (allegedly) go to hit someone?

marinello59
21-05-2016, 06:13 PM

We won't be taking lectures on behaviour from someone who supports the bigoted institution you follow follow.

Scott Allan Key

Sour grapes, I'm afraid. It was an outpouring of positive emotion. Even the Sun reports the disgraceful attacks on staff as occurring after minority of your own fans invaded the pitch. To celebrate or confront Hibs' fans? So let's be fair before disproportionate blame is cast. There were probably as many 'feral' fans on the pitch from your support with negative intentions as with Hibs supporters. The vast majority were OTT but weren't malicious.

A separate issue, you've mentioned the bile that your supporters (or ours) as being a negative. I take it you will condemn the sectarian chants aimed at Stubbs, the Billy Boys song, etc or is that emotional outpouring a bit taboo, and something we don't condemn as disgraceful?

Because if you can't give good grace to the historic result and appreciate that the majority who celebrated were well intentioned and full of youthful exuberance, then your initial posting on here comes across as a bit patronising and your above comment suggests you felt entitled to win this and are deflecting from the way the sense of entitlement affects the behaviour of your own supporters who never have to answer for their own behaviour.

Del Boy
Apart from anyone who's thrown a punch I don't blame anyone who went on pitch

Serious sour grapes from sevco

Go home you horrible creatures!!!

cabbageandribs1875
21-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Barcelona 72
Hampden park 1980
streets of Manchester 2008

nuff said...stfu vile sectarian bigots, shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway(both sets) we know why hibs fans were on it but why were the vermin losers on it, did they think they were guarding derry's walls or sommit...utter PLUMS

DH1875
21-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Haven't seen their statement. Anything in it about their fans also being on the pitch and throwing punches?

Scott Allan Key
21-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Haven't seen their statement. Anything in it about their fans also being on the pitch and throwing punches?

No, they didn't condemn their own fans for running onto pitch and instead praised them for 'restraint'.

calamitus
21-05-2016, 06:21 PM
Rangers fans ran on the pitch to confront Hibs fans celebrating.

Yup, which set of fans would you expect to be on the pitch? Which set have no place on the pitch?

These are really easy questions to answer, but questions that are unlikely to be asked.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
21-05-2016, 06:22 PM

And the flares and party songs.

MrRobot
21-05-2016, 06:23 PM
**** the lot of them, we finally won the cup, **** them!

the pie eater
21-05-2016, 06:28 PM

if this happened. have to say I never saw anything or any huns on the park.

Bishop Hibee
21-05-2016, 06:29 PM
No one likes them, they do care. GIRUY bluenoses.

Since90+2
21-05-2016, 06:34 PM
3-2.

You let your club die.

No sevco in Europe

rotherhamrob
21-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Sour grapes, I'm afraid. It was an outpouring of positive emotion. Even the Sun reports the disgraceful attacks on staff as occurring after minority of your own fans invaded the pitch. To celebrate or confront Hibs' fans? So let's be fair before disproportionate blame is cast. There were probably as many 'feral' fans on the pitch from your support with negative intentions as with Hibs supporters. The vast majority were OTT but weren't malicious.

A separate issue, you've mentioned the bile that your supporters (or ours) as being a negative. I take it you will condemn the sectarian chants aimed at Stubbs, the Billy Boys song, etc or is that emotional outpouring a bit taboo, and something we don't condemn as disgraceful?

Because if you can't give good grace to the historic result and appreciate that the majority who celebrated were well intentioned and full of youthful exuberance, then your initial posting on here comes across as a bit patronising and your above comment suggests you felt entitled to win this and are deflecting from the way the sense of entitlement affects the behaviour of your own supporters who never have to answer for their own behaviour.
This in spades,well said.

Hibrandenburg
21-05-2016, 06:46 PM
We'll get fined but in the grand scheme who cares what will actually be remembered is we finally won after 114 years. That's all that matters and all that ever will matter.

I wish that was true.

Hibrandenburg
21-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Yup, which set of fans would you expect to be on the pitch? Which set have no place on the pitch?

These are really easy questions to answer, but questions that are unlikely to be asked.

No set of fans should be on the pitch.

PapillonVert
21-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Barcelona 72
Hampden park 1980
streets of Manchester 2008

nuff said...stfu vile sectarian bigots, shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway(both sets) we know why hibs fans were on it but why were the vermin losers on it, did they think they were guarding derry's walls or sommit...utter PLUMS

Sorry but the fact that they have a history of bad fan behaviour can't be used as an excuse for our fans 'misbehaving'.

I admit I don't know everything about what happened and the Rangers' statement smacks of overreaction but why on earth did our fans go on the pitch? Natural exuberance is one thing but we all know by now that the authorities can come down like a ton of bricks on any clubs whose fans do things like invading the pitch.

Good God, I went to my first SC final aged 17 in 1972 (we lost 6-1, I was totally devastated) and never for one moment expected it would be 44 years from then until I witnessed Hibs winning the Cup. This day should be on of unbridled joy.

But, today for me was totally ruined by all those people on the pitch. I actually couldn't believe that Hibs fans could do that.

I just wonder if Rangers are going to try something really underhand like asking for a replay (surely not, the Cup has been awarded?) or even taking our European place?

You can bet that the SFA establishment will be looking for some way for Hibs to pay dearly for this.

RoYO!
21-05-2016, 06:54 PM
They were going on about it like a pitch invasion had never happened before. What about the gers game at ER? Police horses on then. Scotland fans at Wembley?

Bostonhibby
21-05-2016, 07:04 PM
It's the rangers. They haven't been there before so don't really know how to respond to being lacking in character today. Hope they're all back on duty guarding Derry's wall wherever it is and whatever it is

GloryGlory
21-05-2016, 07:07 PM
Sorry but the fact that they have a history of bad fan behaviour can't be used as an excuse for our fans 'misbehaving'.

I admit I don't know everything about what happened and the Rangers' statement smacks of overreaction but why on earth did our fans go on the pitch? Natural exuberance is one thing but we all know by now that the authorities can come down like a ton of bricks on any clubs whose fans do things like invading the pitch.

Good God, I went to my first SC final aged 17 in 1972 (we lost 6-1, I was totally devastated) and never for one moment expected it would be 44 years from then until I witnessed Hibs winning the Cup. This day should be on of unbridled joy.

But, today for me was totally ruined by all those people on the pitch. I actually couldn't believe that Hibs fans could do that.

I just wonder if Rangers are going to try something really underhand like asking for a replay (surely not, the Cup has been awarded?) or even taking our European place?

You can bet that the SFA establishment will be looking for some way for Hibs to pay dearly for this.

To my mind there is no excuse for those fans who went three quarters of the way up the pitch. Hampden has a large area behind the goal too. What were they thinking about?

I fear that at least £100k will go from the player budget next year.

craigmcfarlane
21-05-2016, 07:12 PM
Hey first post here,

This is just a massive distraction tactics by the Glasgow media to cover up their bias towards Rangers and to take away from Hibernian's biggest achievement in years.

One thing the Glasgow media/clubs always make occasions about themselves as lord forbid anyone else in Scotland takes the attention (and money) away from them.

One thing i noticed, as soon as the final whistle blew, they were using social media to push this "thuggish" narrative (my cousin being one of the culprits) and really try to drive the fact that it wasn't over exuberance but "feral Hibs fans". Note no one mentions the flares after the first Rangers goal or the sectarian singing throughout the game.

If I was LD or RP I'd would call Ranger's bluff and I'd be asking for video evidence, photos of the injuries sustained by the Rangers team/staff and as a goodwill gesture offer to pay for any medical bills/expenses.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-05-2016, 07:13 PM
First time that the Rangers fans have complained about white charger horses so maybe light at the end of the tunnel.

4WAW
21-05-2016, 07:15 PM
They are up to their knees in indignation. Or is it seethe?

cabbageandribs1875
21-05-2016, 07:17 PM

no need to say sorry, i do agree with most of what you say, i've said myself the last few occasions when a hibs fan/fans have been on the pitch, the pitch is for the footballers only, a heck of a lot of emotions run high with us hibs fans regarding THAT cup and i wasn't surprised at all to see the fans on the pitch, unfortunately some went too far and decided to go over to the sevco end and goad them,(something for they ones to think about) we WILL get fined, along with sevco also getting fined for at least two big flares and their fans also being on the pitch(unfortunately no action will be taken against the vile bigoted sectarian songs) there won't be ANY replay and that's a fact, especially as the invasion was after the match finished

Bostonhibby
First time that the Rangers fans have complained about white charger horses so maybe light at the end of the tunnel.
Did they complain due to the lack of a camp looking Dutch guy with make up and a wig on the horse?

Allant1981
Has there actually been any evidence of rangers players being attacked or just the sun newspaper reporting it

Heisenberg
21-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Has there actually been any evidence of rangers players being attacked or just the sun newspaper reporting it

Not any clear evidence. All I've seen is some Hibs fans getting in their faces. It's all a massive deflection tactic. They didn't get their treble or European football and they are raging. Back page of the weedgie rags will be about this and not the fact that we've won the cup for the first time in 114 years.

johnbc70
21-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Saw a story about Lee Wallace being kicked and punched, just home and watching the game and he looks unhurt and was walking up the tunnel.

pacoluna
21-05-2016, 07:24 PM
OMG we have just won the SCOTTISH CUP and people on this are still moaning hahaahahahhah

PapillonVert
21-05-2016, 07:29 PM
no need to say sorry, i do agree with most of what you say, i've said myself the last few occasions when a hibs fan/fans have been on the pitch, the pitch is for the footballers only, a heck of a lot of emotions run high with us hibs fans regarding THAT cup and i wasn't surprised at all to see the fans on the pitch, unfortunately some went too far and decided to go over to the sevco end and goad them,(something for they ones to think about) we WILL get fined, along with sevco also getting fined for at least two big flares and their fans also being on the pitch(unfortunately no action will be taken against the vile bigoted sectarian songs) there won't be ANY replay and that's a fact, especially as the invasion was after the match finished

Thanks, c&r1875, for your comments.

Might be a generational thing but football went through a really horrendous period with thugs/casuals and all that and when pitch invasions were quite common and inevitably linked with violence and bad behaviour.

Football was nowhere near the glamourous, TV-friendly, fan-friendly, family-friendly sport it now is.

Nowadays, it is all about image. Those photos can be used to give all kinds of messages.

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Hey first post here,

This is just a massive distraction tactics by the Glasgow media to cover up their bias towards Rangers and to take away from Hibernian's biggest achievement in years.

One thing the Glasgow media/clubs always make occasions about themselves as lord forbid anyone else in Scotland takes the attention (and money) away from them.

One thing i noticed, as soon as the final whistle blew, they were using social media to push this "thuggish" narrative (my cousin being one of the culprits) and really try to drive the fact that it wasn't over exuberance but "feral Hibs fans". Note no one mentions the flares after the first Rangers goal or the sectarian singing throughout the game.

If I was LD or RP I'd would call Ranger's bluff and I'd be asking for video evidence, photos of the injuries sustained by the Rangers team/staff and as a goodwill gesture offer to pay for any medical bills/expenses.

:agree: :aok:

lapsedhibee
21-05-2016, 07:43 PM
I just wonder if Rangers are going to try something really underhand like asking for a replay
That would be pathetic.

They should show some cojones and go for a straight expulsion and 3-0 victory awarded.

**** them.

Scorrie
21-05-2016, 07:56 PM

I wouldn't believe a football story in the Sun. They have previous in telling bare faced lies when it comes to football and fans...

euro Hibby
21-05-2016, 08:02 PM
I just watched Big Rod getting quizzed by weegie press regarding the end of game events.

They tried to get him to say that the scenes were disgraceful and he the mnost he would say that the situation was unacceptable if indeed Rangers players were attacked.

He said however that they should be reporting the great game instead of making a meal out of a situation which was well policed.

Nobody of course mentions the Rangers fans on the pitch or as they say , does it not take 2 to tango.

Half of Glasgow is bleeding. The half that cheated for years, for how many years , who can say and still promotes and accepts bigots as a minority of their fan base.

One of the pictures posted is an old Rangers fan throwing a punch at a 20 year old Hibs fan.

The weegie press write such drivel.........

Arch Stanton
21-05-2016, 08:05 PM

And that even omits to mention the Hibs fans urinating over police officers - wait till they really get going!

Actually it;s quite funny that their second clip stops abruptly at the end of a sentence, because if it didn't, it would include a wonderfully clear rendition of Billy Boys - shame they missed that.

cabbageandribs1875
21-05-2016, 08:16 PM
Thanks, c&r1875, for your comments.

Might be a generational thing but football went through a really horrendous period with thugs/casuals and all that and when pitch invasions were quite common and inevitably linked with violence and bad behaviour.

Football was nowhere near the glamourous, TV-friendly, fan-friendly, family-friendly sport it now is.

Nowadays, it is all about image. Those photos can be used to give all kinds of messages.

well( speaking for myself obviously) after the emotions(mines)have died down a little and watching the scenes again on sky sports news...i now understand how yourself and a few others are feeling, and i'm sure a few more will feel the same after seeing it for themselves

GreenLake
21-05-2016, 08:21 PM
All of this is just clear evidence that the new club is gutted their fairy tale first major trophy has not been won. The clean decent and fair club won and football should be happy for that.

The Rangers should wait for about 30 or 40 years before making any statements about a game they have little experience of.

Doncaster_Hibby
21-05-2016, 08:24 PM

Utterly pathetic and this from the club who's supporters invented pitch invasions back in the 50's and 60's. I remember them being presented with the Cup Winners Cup in the changing room in 1972 because their fans were rioting on the pitch. The significant factor is that when Glasgow Rangers fans were invading pitches on a regular basis in the old days, it was all about violence and aggression. Hibs fans today were only interested in celebrating. Yes of course no mention either of the non stop bigoted songs and chants throughout the game either.

silverhibee
21-05-2016, 08:25 PM
:kettle:

**** them.

We won the cup. That's all that matters.

Hibernia&Alba
21-05-2016, 08:26 PM
How ****ing dare they, after what they've done countless times over the years? What about their fans singing about terrorist groups and their sectarian hatred again today? This is another whitewash.

Allant1981
21-05-2016, 08:27 PM
I wouldn't believe a football story in the Sun. They have previous in telling bare faced lies when it comes to football and fans...

Even on sky sports news there is no evidence, just seen it now, all you see is fans running up to them

silverhibee
21-05-2016, 08:28 PM

Beat it. Bigots.

eezyrider
21-05-2016, 08:30 PM
I liked Rod's comment after the game when the reporter asked him about what had happened at the end of the game. His reply was "well at the end of the game we won the cup."

EZ

PapillonVert
21-05-2016, 08:36 PM
well( speaking for myself obviously) after the emotions(mines)have died down a little and watching the scenes again on sky sports news...i now understand how yourself and a few others are feeling, and i'm sure a few more will feel the same after seeing it for themselves

Hibs pitch themselves as a family, community club. That presumes law-abiding and socially inclusive.

I just found the scenes so unrepresentative of what the club sees itself as.

I am embarrassed by what happened. Our club and fans are so much better than that.

WhileTheChief..
21-05-2016, 08:38 PM
They're will be next to zero recriminations for the club.

We have nothing to do with stadium security or stewarding. We can provide names of who bought tickets so help then police try and identify individuals but that's about as far as it will go.

What exactly did the club do wrong?

euro Hibby
21-05-2016, 08:43 PM
actually at rugby international games the winning teams fans often run onto the pitch at the end with th edifference that the opposition supporters accept it because it's a sporting event and they can
take defeat. Everyone who has gone to Glasgow to see a Hibs game knows the treatment dished out to anything Hibs . Sure you can't condone what happened because of the end result, but if you look at the mix
of folk running onto the pitch it was all ages and families and it was for a party nothing more. Goading happens all the time at football games. Players do it and fans do it.

Digging up the pitch and breaking the goals are a result old clips from Lisbon and wembly which at the time were acceptable . The pich invasion today cannot be compared with the 1980 Scottish cup final which was a battle between 2 sets of fans. Let's not talk about Rangers in 1972 and later in Manchester. That never happened !

Anyway, we won but there will be fall out in the next days.

pacoluna
21-05-2016, 08:48 PM
Hibs pitch themselves as a family, community club. That presumes law-abiding and socially inclusive.

I am embarrassed by what happened. Our club and fans are so much better than that.

What a load of bollocks

midfield_maestro
21-05-2016, 08:50 PM

Totally ruined? Have a word

Caversham Green
21-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Has anyone from Sevco made any comment on the actual game?

You can bet your life that if fortunes were reversed Alan Stubbs would have congratulated them on winning the cup regardless of what happened afterwards.

McIntosh
21-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Rangers comments are beyond parody

PapillonVert
21-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Totally ruined? Have a word

OK, fair enough. I was using a rhetorical device called hyperbole.

So the word I would 'have' (if such a thing is possible) has to be goshnomatterwhathappensevenwinningthescottish cupitsalwayshardtobeahibby.

Howzat? :greengrin

northstandhibby
21-05-2016, 09:10 PM

Ridiculous.

Glory Glory

LauderHibby
21-05-2016, 09:10 PM

Rangers don't do walking away, No surrender.....no we are not coming out to get our medals coz we are scared - lmfao

there has got to be a new song in there somewhere ggtthb...Hibs gave me my best day ever - thank you

Doncaster_Hibby
21-05-2016, 09:13 PM

No evidence whatsoever as far as I know. All the same give it a couple more days and The S*n will be publishing "THE TRUTH" about Hibs fans being ticketless drunken thugs forcing gates, urinating on hero cops and picking the pockets of the dead.

O'Rourke3
21-05-2016, 09:15 PM
From Pie and Bovril. Suit in Rangers tech area https://mobile.twitter.com/Grumpybaws/status/734072577711321088

eastmainsmsh
21-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Those bees caused mayhem in 2008 in Manchester horrible bigots

Captain Trips
21-05-2016, 09:18 PM
I dont care about Newco, we won the cup. They let off flares today and sang bile.

Jim44
21-05-2016, 09:20 PM
A very, very good day for us but a shame that, because of thoughtless stupidity, it couldn't be perfect. The perverse and mischievous side of me, however, gets a wee bit satisfaction that we might get a bit less dismissal, laughing and scoffing and patronising directed at us from the Jambos, BBC pundits and the media, now that we've earned a nasty, big boy reputation.

Hibs Class
21-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Just seen James Traynor on itv news speaking the huns' statement. James: you're a lying hun apologist who sold any last vestige of credibility when you took the ibrox shilling. If you imagine that anyone in scotland outside of your bigoted gang believes a word you say then you are even more deluded than I already thought. Crawl back under your stone, you pathetic piece of piss.

Pretty Boy
21-05-2016, 09:23 PM

Wheb you sort out the vast and varied range of issues in your own support then you can lecture us.

Until then **** off back to your glass house and put the stones down.

O'Rourke3
21-05-2016, 09:24 PM
Wheb you sort out the vast and varied range of issues in your own support then you can lecture us.

Could not have put it better

johnbc70
21-05-2016, 09:27 PM
So is there actually any evidence of Rangers players and staff being assaulted as per their official club statement?

Hibernia&Alba
21-05-2016, 09:27 PM

:top marks

Their history is an utter disgrace and is inexcusable.

matty_f
21-05-2016, 09:30 PM
**** you The Rangers the Hibs have won the cup.

matty_f
21-05-2016, 09:30 PM

Spot on.

HiBremian
21-05-2016, 09:35 PM
So is there actually any evidence of Rangers players and staff being assaulted as per their official club statement?

Just been searching online, news articles, youtube, sky clips, and all I can find is words like "taunting" of their players. But then this gets translated into "troubled scenes" by the headline writers, and before you know it the SFA are on the job. This is starting to smell like another weegie stitch up, following a polis cockup, not anticipating what might happen if hibs won. Wouldbe interested to hear from eye witnesses what policing was like at our end at the final whistle. One poster has talked of minimum wage security dudes "inviting" fans on to the pitch. As always, there's more to the truth than the cheap red top headlines.

Radium
21-05-2016, 09:37 PM
They're will be next to zero recriminations for the club.

We have nothing to do with stadium security or stewarding. We can provide names of who bought tickets so help then police try and identify individuals but that's about as far as it will go.

What exactly did the club do wrong?

Bet the SFA are wishing they had supported strict liability.

There were supporters on both sides who wanted to fight and I expect them to be in court in the coming months.

One thing I picked up listening to Stuart Cosgrove. Last line of SFA statement talks about why so many fans got on the pitch. In a real sense that is the main question. That is a stewarding issue that will probably be swept under the carpet

Mantis Toboggan
21-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Just been searching online, news articles, youtube, sky clips, and all I can find is words like "taunting" of their players. But then this gets translated into "troubled scenes" by the headline writers, and before you know it the SFA are on the job. This is starting to smell like another weegie stitch up, following a polis cockup, not anticipating what might happen if hibs won. Wouldbe interested to hear from eye witnesses what policing was like at our end at the final whistle. One poster has talked of minimum wage security dudes "inviting" fans on to the pitch. As always, there's more to the truth than the cheap red top headlines.

Coverage has been so one sided.
Thankfully its all completely irrelevant because we have won the scottish cup.

Skol
21-05-2016, 09:40 PM
Bet the SFA are wishing they had supported strict liability.

There were supporters on both sides who wanted to fight and I expect them to be in court in the coming months.

One thing I picked up listening to Stuart Cosgrove. Last line of SFA statement talks about why so many fans got on the pitch. In a real sense that is the main question. That is a stewarding issue that will probably be swept under the carpet

The policing was the issue. A few people got on but it could have been contained. It wasnt. Its a shame that it happened but lets be honest, the problems I witnessed camefrom the rangers fans on the pitch, NOT the hibs fans. This followed some disgracegul bigotted sectarian singing throughout.

JC94
21-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Its no where near ridiculous, i witnessed some of our 'fans' attack several of their players including Jason holt, Kiernan and Halliday. Hope these idiots are found out and arrested!!

Allant1981
21-05-2016, 09:53 PM
Its no where near ridiculous, i witnessed some of our 'fans' attack several of their players including Jason holt, Kiernan and Halliday. Hope these idiots are found out and arrested!!

Im amazed that no photos or videos have been seen of these attacks yet

JC94
21-05-2016, 10:01 PM
Im amazed that no photos or videos have been seen of these attacks yet

If you have twitter, look here https://twitter.com/PeterAdamSmith https://twitter.com/JackMcKelvie/status/734086007717519360

the 2nd link it mentions Miller was knocked unconscious but thats not true.

Allant1981
21-05-2016, 10:04 PM
If you have twitter, look here https://twitter.com/PeterAdamSmith https://twitter.com/JackMcKelvie/status/734086007717519360

Sorry but there is nothing in either of those 2 that proves the players were attacked and tam mcmanus confirmed kenny miller wasnt touched after the game, which came from kenny himself

Pretty Boy
21-05-2016, 10:04 PM

Is that it?

I see 1 shove there. Not on at all but the way some are going on I expected far worse. Is that not a Hibs player who falls over in the centre circle?

truehibernian
21-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Sorry but there is nothing in either of those 2 that proves the players were attacked and tam mcmanus confirmed kenny miller wasnt touched after the game, which came from kenny himself

The Rangers fans have spat on me, coined me, 'assaulted my ears' with their bile - The Rangers and morality don't deserve to be in the same sentence !

JC94
21-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Is that it?

I see 1 shove there. Not on at all but the way some are going on I expected far worse. Is that not a Hibs player who falls over in the centre circle?

You can clearly see that the player is nearly knocked to the ground and in the picture you can see the same player just about to be attacked.

In one of the greatest moments in our history, its marred by some yobs who claim to be fans and anything that comes our way needs to be accepted.

johnbc70
21-05-2016, 10:10 PM
I think this is a load of made up nonsense you know and Hibs should call it out if it is proved no Rangers players or staff were assaulted. In the world we live in today if a Rangers player was assaulted there would be evidence of it come to light now.

craigmcfarlane
If there has been injuries to Rangers players, the first thing they should have done was went straight to the police in the ground and given statements, as since there are no real footage so far of the attackers.

Secondly the backroom medical staff should have taken photos of all the injuries that happened so that they have evidence of the crime that allegedly happened as if they want to then claim some sort of reparation.

Now I am not trying to say that there was no contact between Hibs fan and Rangers fans/players but it's getting hysterical.

We live in a world where people see what they want to see and exaggerate situation for their own personal gain and agenda, as it detracts the attention of a very mediocre Rangers side.

I've read tweets about the "Hampden brawl", saying players were "kicked in the head", "knocked out cold" & "Rock bottomed"

What we should be asking/trying to find out is what is Rangers & the press angle here? what do they want to achieve with all this.

Also look at the players that have alleged to have been "attacked", all have histories with hibs (Miller ex hibs, Wallace ex hearts, Holt ex hearts, Halliday who is Scott Allan's best friend) all got logical connections to write a story about why hibs fans would have grievances with. It's almost too perfect a story.

If you have an issue with the press and their stories, don't give them any click bait or buy their papers, starve the beast.

Now they are expecting you to buy the papers tomorrow to get the the fancy 6 page pullout of the winners, instead you'll get the no1 most wanted list of Hibs fans or a story about a player on celebrating a bit too much tonight (or that might be Monday's paper)

If i was working for Hibs I'd tell all players to stay of social media as there will be "journalists" going through their accounts to find out any dirt on them.

They want to take this moment that we have waited for 114 years off us and make it about themselves.

Pretty Boy
You can clearly see that the player is nearly knocked to the ground and in the picture you can see the same player just about to be attacked.

In one of the greatest moments in our history, its marred by some yobs who claim to be fans and anything that comes our way needs to be accepted.
Sorry I don't see that from those videos at all.

I'm not condoning opposition players being attacked, even a shove is too much. However it's being blown out of all proportion unless there is more evidence I'm yet to see.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

johnbc70
21-05-2016, 10:12 PM

You must have enhanced vision then cause you can see nothing. I am starting to believe it is all made up, you can see Weir and Wallace coming off at the end and both look absolutely fine (apart from their torn faces)

Dinkydoo
21-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Just posted this on fb, hopefully it doesnt come back to bite me on the arse ;)

Okay, so let's address this crap right now.

1) Congratulations to The Rangers and Scottish media for the quality distraction tactics in order to deflect away from rangers being the first team to lose a Scottish Cup final to Hibs in over 100 years

2) Rangers fans came on the pitch at fulltime too...why? To cause trouble.

3) I haven't seen one picture of a Rangers player being assaulted, yet that's what is being reported.

4) The pitch invasion was more like a music festival than a riot. It was a celebration..it's not like we tore up a city because we were losing (Manchester).

Golden Bear
21-05-2016, 10:16 PM
Interesting that the Police Scotland statement on the pitch invasion differs considerably from the Rangers statement.There is no mention of assaults on the rangers players but does mention clashes between the fans.

poolman
21-05-2016, 10:16 PM

You must have Superman's eyesight

CelticEnd
21-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Anyone remind these poor angelic souls of Manchester?

http://image.wikifoundry.com/image/1/5r3cxdhT1LABbHrrN5MtUw118502

JC94
21-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Sorry I don't see that from those videos at all.

I'm not condoning opposition players being attacked, even a shove is too much. However it's being blown out of all proportion unless there is more evidence I'm yet to see.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

This was retweeted onto my timeline by a yam, https://twitter.com/Wilf1872/status/734129185904599040 Its a shove but in no way acceptable.

Also this tweet by an ITV journalist who was at the match. https://twitter.com/PeterAdamSmith/status/734145238059634693

JC94
21-05-2016, 10:24 PM
And for those fans who stayed in the stands, i take my hat of to you even those who went onto the pitch to celebrate. But for those who went and taunted the Rangers fans and engaged in any sort of violence hang your head in shame.

HibeeLR
21-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Everytime we play the Rangers, I think there's no way I could detest them more then I do, but every single time they find a way.....horrible club and fans

CmoantheHibs
21-05-2016, 10:29 PM
You must have enhanced vision then cause you can see nothing. I am starting to believe it is all made up, you can see Weir and Wallace coming off at the end and both look absolutely fine (apart from their torn faces)

The bit in brackets made me laugh.

marinello59
21-05-2016, 10:37 PM
I was at Hampden for the notorious 1980 final. What happened today was nothing like that. An outburst of exuberance after years of pain and taunts from the rest of Scottish fitba. Iqf evidence does emerge of actual assaults them let other responsible take their punishment but I won't be condemning the vast majority who ran on to the field today. If I had been 20 years younger I would probably have ran on myself.

greenlex
21-05-2016, 10:38 PM
Ive just seen a video where a suit from the dugout area clearly tries to boot a hibs player running past him.:confused: Surely some mistake right there.

hhibs
21-05-2016, 10:42 PM

Aye,right then.

Kaiser1962
21-05-2016, 10:44 PM
Rangers fan punches a horse on the arse.....

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/scottish-cup-final-descends-into-absolute-carnage-after-hibs-beat-rangers/

CropleyWasGod
21-05-2016, 10:50 PM
I was at Hampden for the notorious 1980 final. What happened today was nothing like that. An outburst of exuberance after years of pain and taunts from the rest of Scottish fitba. Iqf evidence does emerge of actual assaults them let other responsible take their punishment but I won't be condemning the vast majority who ran on to the field today. If I had been 20 years younger I would probably have ran on myself.
You youngsters.

I was on the park myself. Stewards and police just stood back and let me on. Think it was the threatening way I held up my bus pass that did the trick.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
21-05-2016, 10:50 PM
You youngsters.

I was on the park myself. Stewards and police just stood back and let me on. Think it was the threatening way I held up my bus pass that did the trick.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

:faf:

JimBHibees
21-05-2016, 10:54 PM

Some eyesight you have. Your not Alan Muir are you.

Nakedmanoncrack
21-05-2016, 10:55 PM
Rangers fan punches a horse on the arse.....

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/scottish-cup-final-descends-into-absolute-carnage-after-hibs-beat-rangers/

Brilliant!

Bostonhibby
21-05-2016, 10:56 PM
The sooner they get back to gardening on Deriwaltz the better. It will help them recover.

The now defunct Glasgow rangers, deary me. It's not as if they've ever trashed a city or anything.

MWHIBBIES
21-05-2016, 10:57 PM
People might not like Petrie but im delighted that he will be on our side during this "inquest", knows what he is doing when it comes to dealing with the SFA

JC94
21-05-2016, 10:58 PM
Some eyesight you have. Your not Alan Muir are you.

Hahahaha from this https://twitter.com/Sunday_Mail/status/734150839523250177 I dont need to have some eyesight.

Just hope that its forgotten quickly so we can get the credit we deserve for our performance.

Pretty Boy
21-05-2016, 10:58 PM
People might not like Petrie but im delighted that he will be on our side during this "inquest", knows what he is doing when it comes to dealing with the SFA

He spoke very well when asked about all the goings on post match.

hibee_girl
21-05-2016, 10:59 PM
Hahahaha from this https://twitter.com/Sunday_Mail/status/734150839523250177 I dont need to have some eyesight.

Just hope that its forgotten quickly so we can get the credit we deserve for our performance.

Stop going on about it then.

JimBHibees
21-05-2016, 10:59 PM
Interesting that the Police Scotland statement on the pitch invasion differs considerably from the Rangers statement.There is no mention of assaults on the rangers players but does mention clashes between the fans.

Spot on much more balanced than the deflection by sevco. You lost, dry your eyes and get over it.

Championees , championees, ole, ole, ole. :cup:

Jonnyboy
21-05-2016, 11:00 PM

:tee hee: :aok:

hhibs
21-05-2016, 11:02 PM

One could almost forgive him, nah...............dick

JimBHibees
21-05-2016, 11:05 PM

That's the front page dear oh dear. Absolute rag.

Can remember the day after the Manchester riots the Evening Times headline Gers fan saves policeman. That would be the policeman almost killed by rioting Rangers thugs. Says it all.

Succulent lamb is braising nicely.

3 2 Champions. :giruy2: :gwa:

BenjiOscar
21-05-2016, 11:11 PM
As Rod Petrie put it, "excuberence" from the Hibees. FFS, we've waited 114 years to win the Scottish Cup, I cannot and will not condemn anyone who went onto the pitch to celebrate (I did that myself back in 1999 at Firhill when we beat Hamilton to get promoted, which pales into insignificance). We just won the Scottish Cup! YES, THE SCOTTISH F*****G CUP.

Allant1981
21-05-2016, 11:16 PM

Apparently you seen all this though, if you had im sure you wouldnt be trawling twitter for evidence, and again that photo shows nothing

Stokesy's on fire
21-05-2016, 11:26 PM
Both sides could lock horns over this. They raised a complaint yet they and fans on the pitch starting fights not to forget the sectarian chanting. We could easily launch our own complaint about their chanting

hibees 7062
21-05-2016, 11:28 PM
https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13241147_894419480684801_97576114088511164_n.jpg?o h=7580b314d9f7684875e9df03a06a31d4&oe=57CC16E9

Hiber-nation
21-05-2016, 11:31 PM
Smoke bombs galore, songs about killing Catholics sung by over 20,000 huns throughout the game etc etc. Utter vermin.

We won, we sang, we bounced, deal with it ya hun pricks.

SlickShoes
21-05-2016, 11:32 PM
Nothing conclusive at all yet other than a rangers idiot punching a horse. If any hibs fan hit a rangers player they will be charged and barred for life.

99.9% of the folk on the pitch were basking in the sheer joy of the moment.

CmoantheHibs
21-05-2016, 11:42 PM

All I see is Wallace committing a sexual assault on the lad and holt getting jealous. Its all about perception and isnt proof of anything.

GlasgowHibee
21-05-2016, 11:46 PM

Absolutely, every single thing that was broken in the stadium we will be fined for - and rightly so in my opinion. Fans didn't need to go on the pitch and wreck the pitch and bar.

Already heard from my friend who works for the SFA that we will be fined for the damage don to the advertising system as well, which would only be fair if there's footage of our fans breaking it.

Thing is, at the end of the day - it happened, emotions ran high, we'll take the fine with dignity, and pay the £50k or £500k, however much it is.

It would be classless to try and contest any of the fines in my opinion.

Northernhibee
21-05-2016, 11:49 PM
See by issuing a statement? We've already done more than that lot did when they pelted our players with all sorts of things including drumsticks at the playoff game at Ibrox or their fans pelting our fans with coins and bodily fluids at more than the one away game there.

What are they going to do about their fans?

SlickShoes
21-05-2016, 11:52 PM
See by issuing a statement? We've already done more than that lot did when they pelted our players with all sorts of things including drumsticks at the playoff game at Ibrox or their fans pelting our fans with coins and bodily fluids at more than the one away game there.

What are they going to do about their fans?

Nothing as usual. They are innocent victims that didn't do anything wrong.

truehibernian
21-05-2016, 11:53 PM
Absolutely, every single thing that was broken in the stadium we will be fined for - and rightly so in my opinion. Fans didn't need to go on the pitch and wreck the pitch and bar.

Already heard from my friend who works for the SFA that we will be fined for the damage don to the advertising system as well, which would only be fair if there's footage of our fans breaking it.

Thing is, at the end of the day - it happened, emotions ran high, we'll take the fine with dignity, and pay the £50k or £500k, however much it is.

It would be classless to try and contest any of the fines in my opinion.

I'll absolutely guarantee you here and now that won't happen.

It was an SFA event which was 'secured' by G4S, supported by Police Scotland.

Legally I would happily defend and argue, on behalf of Hibs, that whilst the pitch incursions were regrettable, neither Hibs or The Rangers should be penalised - to vandalise or create malicious mischief is a criminal offence and they should be investigated accordingly and with that in mind - the club didn't vandalise anything, individuals did. Stop fuelling absolute nonsense !

GlasgowHibee
21-05-2016, 11:59 PM

Legally I would happily defend and argue, on behalf of Hibs, that whilst the pitch incursions were regrettable, neither Hibs or The Rangers should be penalised - to vandalise or create malicious mischief is a criminal offence and they should be investigated accordingly and with that in mind - the club didn't vandalise anything, individuals did. Stop fuelling absolute nonsense !

Yes, but surely you're not expecting the SFA to find and charge the individuals when there was 10k people on the pitch? Perhaps there's something on the ticket that covers them. If all that fails, it's just easy for them to pin all blame on Hibs as it was our supporters.

Anyway, enjoy the night!

truehibernian
22-05-2016, 12:05 AM
Yes, but surely you're not expecting the SFA to find and charge the individuals when there was 10k people on the pitch? Perhaps there's something on the ticket that covers them. If all that fails, it's just easy for them to pin all blame on Hibs as it was our supporters.

Anyway, enjoy the night!

It's in no way directed at you but be objective - yes, regrettable, but wait for the actual evidence - only then can you provide comment.

For example, James Tavernier was super quick to post pictures of an injury after a game on Twitter ! I'm still waiting on these 6 players doing likewise and showing proof they were assaulted - after all they're quick to take to social media to show an injury, surely to goodness they'd be banging out pics now ?

As for Jim Traynor and his post match statement - oh dear oh dear oh dear !

The Rangers had flares ! The Rangers sang banned songs ! The Rangers fans also entered field of play and fought !

That is why GH I'm 100% sure both clubs, whilst possibly sanctioned financially, won't be hauled over the coals.

NAE NOOKIE
22-05-2016, 12:10 AM

Stick it up yer ****in' arse pal ... the Hibs fans ran on the pitch out of sheer joy ... what the **** were fans of Sevco doing coming onto the pitch apart from to look for a fight. If a few idiots out of thousands got out of hand then they will be punished, but don't lets start making more out of this than it was ... any similarity to 1980 is in your own mind and nothing more ... so basically GTF and suck it up that we won the cup. GGTTH

Callum_62
22-05-2016, 12:19 AM
Stick it up yer ****in' arse pal ... the Hibs fans ran on the pitch out of sheer joy ... what the **** were fans of Sevco doing coming onto the pitch apart from to look for a fight. If a few idiots out of thousands got out of hand then they will be punished, but don't lets start making more out of this than it was ... any similarity to 1980 is in your own mind and nothing more ... so basically GTF and suck it up that we won the cup. GGTTH

:agree: 100%

Pretty Boy
22-05-2016, 12:25 AM
I would like Rangers to make a statement on why some of their fans think it's acceptable to describe our manager as having 'one ball and one brain cell' and of being a 'rabid taig' on an internet forum.

As a club committed to tackling bigotry (nae laughing at the back) surely they will have something to say on the latter comment. The former is beneath contempt but surely the new Rangers with their moral high ground will be passing comment on the matter.

truehibernian
22-05-2016, 12:31 AM
I would like Rangers to make a statement on why some of their fans think it's acceptable to describe our manager as having 'one ball and one brain cell' and of being a 'rabid taig' on an internet forum.

As a club committed to tackling bigotry (nae laughing at the back) surely they will have something to say on the latter comment. The former is beneath contempt but surely the new Rangers with their moral high ground will be passing comment on the matter.

Or email Jim Traynor's media company asking if sectarian singing, flares and fighting from The Rangers fans is acceptable PB !

Rod will have him, King and Regan on toast - I ain't a fan of Rod but he was tremendous post match !

goosano
22-05-2016, 05:40 AM
i thought the scenes were a disgrace and denied the team a proper celebration at the end of the game. I remember the joyous celebrations after beating Kilmarnock and the team were denied this opportunity. There was no need whatsoever for anyone to go on the pitch and I hope the utter morons that went up to the Rangers players/staff and tried to provoke their fans get caught and dealt with appropriately-unfortunately it looks as if it was a sizable minority. It certainly took the shine off the day for me. I can understand it to a degree given the season and the 114 years but am left exasperated by it. It also astonishes me how many people get completely bevvied up and incoherent on a day like this way before the game. Huge credit though to the police and the sensitive way they defused things-very impressive

Aldo
22-05-2016, 05:59 AM

There have been pitch invasions down south yet it's not blown out of proportion by the English media!!

And as for you comment about Der Hun and the statement..... They were doing everything to try and take away the pain. So we shouldn't have went on the pitch..... So what 114 years of hurt and the manner in which we won it.

As for 1980 flight difference for me as there were running battles all over the pitch between hundred of fans. 99.5 percent of the Hibs fans celebrated. Der Huns fans could have stood or walked away but no they chose to invade the pitch also!!!!

As for dangerous...... Nah was anyone hurt.... Not that I'm aware of.

The club will get fined and forced to pay for any damage!! Simple as that!!

Those who stupidly got involved with the most vile and bigoted supporters in the land, expect a knock at the door.

As for those Players who are alleged to have been assaulted.... Go to police file a report and let's see what happens. Loads of TV footage, CCTV and the likes.

Final Score 2-3 to the Hibs!!

andyf5
22-05-2016, 06:04 AM
i thought the scenes were a disgrace and denied the team a proper celebration at the end of the game. I remember the joyous celebrations after beating Kilmarnock and the team were denied this opportunity. There was no need whatsoever for anyone to go on the pitch and I hope the utter morons that went up to the Rangers players/staff and tried to provoke their fans get caught and dealt with appropriately-unfortunately it looks as if it was a sizable minority. It certainly took the shine off the day for me. I can understand it to a degree given the season and the 114 years but am left exasperated by it. It also astonishes me how many people get completely bevvied up and incoherent on a day like this way before the game. Huge credit though to the police and the sensitive way they defused things-very impressive
I thought the police should have deployed like they normally do. I was disappointed there was no lap of honour. When you score a goal 2 minutes into injury time after 114 years there's a lot of emotion at that point. Credit to the police who opened the gates to let fans on stopping any chance of crushing.

Aldo
22-05-2016, 06:10 AM
I thought the police should have deployed like they normally do. I was disappointed there was no lap of honour. When you score a goal 2 minutes into injury time after 114 years there's a lot of emotion at that point. Credit to the police who opened the gates to let fans on stopping any chance of crushing.

Common sense approach!

lapsedhibee
22-05-2016, 06:13 AM
I would like to know what sanctions will be applied to that despicable **** Traynor if he is found to have been lying.

high bee
22-05-2016, 06:27 AM
The damage is done. We will have the book thrown at us and they will have nothing.

Regan has already been judge, jury and executioner. No mention of their fans and that won't change. Their players don't need to report or prove assaults cause they've got the effect they wanted already, their fans are united against us rather than angry at the result. Doesn't matter what the police investigation finds, it will be swept under the carpet by the media, there's no way will they report it.

Unfortunately, Rangers have a team of spin doctors and a domestic media desperate not to be banned from Ibrox for reporting against them.

MickeyEdwards
22-05-2016, 06:39 AM
if this happened. have to say I never saw anything or any huns on the park.

I shot video and photos of the determined violence from the Rangers fans from almost immediately they ran onto the pitch and started hitting Hibs fans even young kids!

Happy to provide this to Hibs if they feel it might be helpful to any investigation of what happened and who was actually involved in the violence!

Colr
22-05-2016, 06:49 AM
I would like to know what sanctions will be applied to that despicable **** Traynor if he is found to have been lying.

Different scale of event but remind me what sanctions were applied to the journalists who misrepresented the Hillsborough disaster? Where they even criticised at the recent enquiry.

They're always willing to stick the knife into working class people. Never seen any such reporting or reaction to a rugby pitch invasion.

Captain Trips
22-05-2016, 06:52 AM
These are the things that Rod Petrie excels at dealing with, him and Leann will deal with this I have no doubt. They will have Traynor for fun.

Caversham Green
22-05-2016, 06:54 AM

Being Jim Traynor is probably punishment enough.

lapsedhibee
22-05-2016, 06:55 AM
Different scale of event but remind me what sanctions were applied to the journalists who misrepresented the Hillsborough disaster?
Traynor's not a journalist though. The slimeball's a representative of the The Rangers.
I don't think even the original Rangers would have put out a statement like that.
Hope Alex Thomson gets involved again.

mcfly
22-05-2016, 07:12 AM
lets not spoil this amazing win.

I looked at my dad and he was in tears at full time - what a performance. Great day - best ever as a hibbie

marinello59
22-05-2016, 07:18 AM

Traynor is nothing more than a Sevco lickspittle.

Pete
22-05-2016, 07:25 AM
Just realised that there is an upside to all this. It looks like we are now in the same category as Dundee United as far as they are concerned. "Teams we hate that arnay the taigs"

Lee Marvin
22-05-2016, 07:33 AM
These are the things that Rod Petrie excels at dealing with, him and Leann will deal with this I have no doubt. They will have Traynor for fun.

What did traynor say?

Love how Kenny millers wife has come out and said 'Kenny wasn't touch, people stop telling lies'

lapsedhibee
22-05-2016, 07:38 AM
What did tray not say?

Love how Kenny millers wife has come out and said 'Kenny wasn't touch, people stop telling lies'

The tweet about telling lies has been removed (probs Traynot got to her) and now there's just a couple of tweets suggesting Hibbies were a disgrace.
https://twitter.com/Laura_Millerx?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Ese rp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

high bee
22-05-2016, 07:39 AM
The tweet about telling lies has been removed (probs Traynot got to her) and now there's just a couple of tweets suggesting Hibbies were a disgrace.
https://twitter.com/Laura_Millerx?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Ese rp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

It's still there, 10h ago. Just below the photo.

jakedance
22-05-2016, 07:40 AM
1. There wouldn't have been fighting between supporters if the Huns hadn't invaded the pitch too.
2. If it happened those responsible should be punished but I'll believe Rangers players and staff were attacked when I see some evidence. I'm certain claims of any of them requiring medical treatment will be lies.

Hibeesmad
22-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Someone must have hit the magic hat off Warburton in the process

Aldo
22-05-2016, 07:41 AM
What did traynor say? Love how Kenny millers wife has come out and said 'Kenny wasn't touch, people stop telling lies'

Kenny shook loads of fans hands and walked off the pitch unscathed as did Lee Wallace. Now I'm just saying this but if I had been assaulted I would be walking off the pitch I would be sprinting!

lapsedhibee
22-05-2016, 07:42 AM
It's still there, 10h ago. Just below the photo.

Not coming up on my PC. No reference to ppl telling lies. Maybe different on mobiles? :dunno:

Ryan69
22-05-2016, 07:43 AM
Daily Rangers is really taking the pee today!

What an embarrassment of a paper! Completely slating Hibs....though it's got some Rangers fan trying to grab someone half his age and size.

Sooner The Rangers,and The Daily Record cease to exist...will not be a day soon enough!

Aldo
22-05-2016, 07:43 AM
Not coming up on my PC. No reference to ppl telling lies. Maybe different on mobiles? :dunno:

lapsedhibee
22-05-2016, 07:46 AM

:aok: I didn't realise mobile twitter would have different content from PC twitter ... :doh:

green day
22-05-2016, 07:48 AM
Daily Rangers is really taking the pee today!

What an embarrassment of a paper! Completely slating Hibs....though it's got some Rangers fan trying to grab someone half his age and size.

Sooner The Rangers,and The Daily Record cease to exist...will not be a day soon enough!

Guardian is hilarious too. 50% of the article talking about "disgraceful behaviour".

Written, of course, by the fat bitter Jambo buffoon Ewan Murray.

Who cares? They hated us before so unlikely we would get decent coverage anyway.

Aldo
22-05-2016, 07:50 AM
:aok: I didn't realise mobile twitter would have different content from PC twitter ... :doh:

😆.

drumatic44
22-05-2016, 07:52 AM
couldn't agree more, the amount of mayhem they have reeked over the years up and down the country ( Manchester City centre afew seasons back in a Euro game for instance ), and they've got the cheek to claim the moral high ground, what a joke.
How about the sectarian balladry and flares yesterday, will anything be done about that I'm guessing a big fat nothing. !!
Much reasoned reflection by Stuart Cosgrove on the radio last night on the way back. Now, if he would just get rid of that slavering idiot Tam Cowan, he might just have a show..

Borderhibbie76
22-05-2016, 08:15 AM

Said this after the match how can Hibs be held accountable for the lack of policing and stewarding. It was an SFA event so they and any individuals concerned will need to carry the can for the damage
..not Hibs

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mr White
22-05-2016, 08:18 AM
Well if nothing else I imagine Alan Stubbs has indeed cheered up as per their advice in song when they were winning. I'm not sure they accurately described Alans views on Irish Republicanism but then they seem a bit confused about the actual meaning of that word. GIRFUY.

WhileTheChief..
22-05-2016, 08:35 AM
The SFA and media have called this totally wrong. They have built it up into something that it just isn't. To compare it to 1980 is laughable.

Petrie got it spot on. Over exuberance on our part, nothing more.

Folk sayng that that this game will be remembered for the pitch invasion just don't understand football.

Any neutrals watching this would have seen amazing scenes of celebration. When this all dies down Wullie Miller and all the others commenting about this will realise just how OTT they went with their views.

It hasn't tainted the cup win one bit. Yesterday was perfect in every way possible. Wouldn't change a thing.

jacomo
22-05-2016, 08:44 AM
Different scale of event but remind me what sanctions were applied to the journalists who misrepresented the Hillsborough disaster? Where they even criticised at the recent enquiry.

They're always willing to stick the knife into working class people. Never seen any such reporting or reaction to a rugby pitch invasion.

You are absolutely right.

Thankfully no serious consequences yesterday, but we should pursue THE TRUTH.

Don't let them get away with their lies.

Keith_M
22-05-2016, 08:49 AM
Eh? Rangers Fans run on the pitch and assault celebrating Hibs Supporters and their club condemn the Hibs Support?

The media, as expected, is already following the party line. There are photos in the DR and The Scotsman that clearly show Rangers Fans on the pitch assaulting Hibs Fans but the articles talk only of the disgraceful behaviour of the Hibs Support.

Anyone involved in criminal behaviour should be punished. That includes the people who broke the goalposts and, if it is proven, anybody that actually DID assault players and staff.

However, I already sense that the media and authorities have already tried and convicted the Hibs Support alone and are ready to totally ignore the actions of the rioting Rangers Fans, as per the The Rangers party line.

Suck it up Huns, you and your neanderthal Fans lost!!!

Scorrie
22-05-2016, 08:56 AM

Why now? He's been speaking oot his erse and lying for years. The only thing that happened to him was that he was given a job at The Rangers. He's a welt.

The Spaceman
22-05-2016, 09:07 AM
Aye what deplorable behaviour, we are so sorry to upset the apple cart and beat the establishment by WINNING THE SCOTTISH CUP. Sevco 2012 await their major first national silverware.

I had to sit through every single one of them to a man screaming about Alan Stubbs being a "Fat F*nian ********", Flares being set off and Sevco fans running onto the pitch to fight jubilant Hibs fans.

The authorities continually turn a blind eye to all of our trips to Ibrox where we are spat on, goaded and subjected to sectarian bile. Let them Seethe.

WE WON. GET OVER IT, YOU ARE LOSERS.

One Day Soon
22-05-2016, 09:17 AM
Firstly, the thread title: 'Ridiculous Rangers Statement'. Is there any other kind of Rangers statement?

Secondly, we were there yesterday with my 12 year old daughter and my boy who is 9. I did not enjoy having to alternatively try to dismiss and then explain away to my children what the meaning was of the sectarian bile that was being chanted by very significant numbers of The Rangers support.

Nor did I enjoy having to try to calm them when flares were let off - they thought the stadium might be on fire.

And finally I didn't enjoy having to try to protect them from some of the projectiles being thrown down on to Hibs fans by 'corporate' The Rangers fans above us in the North stand.

So whatever investigation is taking place needs to look at ALL aspects of yesterday's non-footballing events on both sides.

Northernhibee
22-05-2016, 09:19 AM
Mind how a poster on here had something thrown at their bairn and that lot tried to suggest it was Hibs fans trying to attack a Rangers bus? Always the victim. Always. Never saw Trainor speaking out about their clubs shock at their fans actions on that one.

DaveF
22-05-2016, 09:20 AM
Sevco can go **** right off.

hibsitis
22-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Two things came to mind as soon as I heard that

1 - They were trying to distract their supporters from the fact that they lost.

2 - No mention was made of their own supporters running onto the pitch to confront celebrating Hibs fans.

Petrie has already made clear that we will accept our punishment for what happened, so it's now up to the authorities to ensure that Sevco do the same. And if they don't, we have to fight it.

This. Classic diversionary pish.

Golden Bear
22-05-2016, 09:22 AM
The invasion is being discussed on Forth 2 phone in right now. Apparently we should be stripped off the Cup, suspended from next year's competition, and banned from Europe.

:rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
22-05-2016, 09:23 AM
Social media seems to be the battleground now. Pro Sevco tweets are regurgitating the same half dozen (if that) photos showing some arse apparently having a pop at Lee Wallace. Should be easily identified as the pictures show him quite clearly. I am sure the incident will be discussed with him sooner or later. Plenty photo's showing Newco supporters violence against Hibs fans and these need to be gotten out there.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-05-2016, 09:28 AM
Maybe off topic but I would guess that if you give any professional footballer the option not to pick up what is essentially a losers medal and to not have to walk past the cup and see the other teams' colours attached, they would take that and get showered and shifted and away home.

Eyrie
22-05-2016, 09:35 AM
Eh? Rangers Fans run on the pitch and assault celebrating Hibs Supporters and their club condemn the Hibs Support?

To be fair to Sevco, they did include a bit in their smear campaign thanking their own fans for showing restraint.

It could have been a lot worse if their fans hadn't shown such restraint and behaved like it was Hampden 1980 or Manchester 2008.

speedy_gonzales
22-05-2016, 09:37 AM
Maybe off topic but I would guess that if you give any professional footballer the option not to pick up what is essentially a losers medal and to not have to walk past the cup and see the other teams' colours attached, they would take that and get showered and shifted and away home.
Ronald DeBoer said much the same after the game on the BBC(I've been sitting watching highlights since I got home, still don't believe it!).

Kaiser1962
22-05-2016, 09:49 AM
To be fair to Sevco, they did include a bit in their smear campaign thanking their own fans for showing restraint.

It could have been a lot worse if their fans hadn't shown such restraint and behaved like it was Hampden 1980 or Manchester 2008.

Didn't they lose those games as well?

Oops! They allowed that club to die. Silly me.

​Your not Rangers anymore......

Monopolyguy
22-05-2016, 09:54 AM
https://twitter.com/pieandbov/status/734294659132981248

Rangers supporter grabbing a young hibee after the pitch invasion. Aye, great restraint you classless manky zombie *******s.

Kaiser1962
22-05-2016, 09:59 AM
https://twitter.com/pieandbov/status/734294659132981248

Rangers supporter grabbing a young hibee after the pitch invasion. Aye, great restraint you classless manky zombie *******s.

That is frightening.

easty
22-05-2016, 10:01 AM
The invasion is being discussed on Forth 2 phone in right now. Apparently we should be stripped off the Cup, suspended from next year's competition, and banned from Europe.

:rolleyes:

:faf:

#2 Double Tap
22-05-2016, 10:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnPd1HlGYBY

rangers fans are innocent right enough.

gav71
23-05-2016, 07:31 AM
They have the cheek to come out with a statement like that yet were singing sectarian songs and the hearts song to taunt us couldn't see there end at one point for the smoke bombs obviously OK as well what happened to points deduction for any sectarian songs if they're asking for an independent enquiry why don't UEFA do it. Stand up for the champions GGTTH HTID

Moulin Yarns
23-05-2016, 07:36 AM
A better take on events.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/statements-of-the-obvious/

lapsedhibee
23-05-2016, 07:43 AM
A better take on events.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/statements-of-the-obvious/

That's excellent.