PDA

View Full Version : New formations

ekhibee
20-05-2016, 10:44 AM
Just wondered what other people's thoughts were on this. If Stubbs is here next season, IMO he's going to have to vary the formation he uses instead of sticking rigidly to the diamond formation. Okay, so players should be able to adapt to different formations, but do you think this will affect his decisions as regards bringing in players during the close season? Horses for courses and all that. Just wondering what others think.

nellio
20-05-2016, 10:58 AM
I Agree. We play very narrow. I think we need to try a formation with wingers. I would maybe try a 4-2-3-1 perhaps? Bartley and Fyvie in the middle and Mcginn going forward with a winger either side.

Brightside
20-05-2016, 11:00 AM
Firstly he doesn't stick to the diamond. We have seen 352/532/442/442D/False9.

I think we will see more of 352 next season but with wingers in the wide roles that that the Full Backs. Id also like to see a 4141 with Bartley as the holding allowing the full backs to push up a lot more.

Unseen work
20-05-2016, 11:02 AM
I think next season he will revert back to wingers.

I think a flat 442 or 451 will be his formation.

When he first came he played wingers in Harris and kennedy, Stanton also played a out wide but it never worked.

He brought in carmichael and Boyle this summer but due to injuries have rarely seen it in action.

Also think he will bring in a big striker like anier