PDA

View Full Version : Bass tabs ?

MSK
12-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Been hitting the bass strings again and fairly enjoying it. Im using tabs as I feel its a bit easier to notation etc, I can throw out a few riffs but seem to be limited to access to a wider range of songs.

Ive been using a website called Guitar.com and as decent as it is theres a rake of stuff I cant find, does anyone know any alternative sites or even books with tabs, looking kinda towards the Pogues, the Cure, James, the Silencers, Goodbye Mr Mackenzie.

Any help appreciated 👍

marinello59
12-05-2016, 07:25 PM
I use the Ultimate Guitar app. Don't know if they have one specifically for Bass though.

MSK
12-05-2016, 07:44 PM
I use the Ultimate Guitar app. Don't know if they have one specifically for Bass though.Sorry J that was the one I was using, meant to say ultimate. 911 is another but thats mostly guitar and not bass.

I got a book ( U2) from Amazon and it has around 15 songs with tabs and also a play along cd. The book is good and the disc is bass only so getting to grips with the songs is relatively easy to follow. It would be ideal if I could get my hands on similar, U2 are fine but I prefer their older stuff 😄

O'Rourke3
12-05-2016, 07:55 PM
You tube. If it exists its there....

MSK
12-05-2016, 08:37 PM
You tube. If it exists its there....Youtube is ok for some stuff but again kinda limited to what Im looking for, maybe have to trawl through a few music shops in the hope I can grab something 👍

Mr White
13-05-2016, 07:05 AM
You had a look at bigbasstabs.com? Having a scan through and they have a fair few cure tabs listed. Not sure of the accuracy but looks fairly thorough.

MSK
13-05-2016, 07:13 AM
You had a look at bigbasstabs.com? Having a scan through and they have a fair few cure tabs listed. Not sure of the accuracy but looks fairly thorough.Will have a peek at that mate cheers, like Ultimate Guitar, some tabs are a bit off but easily adjusted if you know the song. A good one I picked up on was Beds are burning from Midnight Oil, you get a few good variations of the song :aok:

delacraig
11-06-2016, 09:54 AM
My favourite website for Bass tabs is Songsterr as most of the tabbed songs include MIDI audio tracks that you can play along with. You will find plenty of The Cure's songs within their library.

http://www.songsterr.com/

MSK
11-06-2016, 08:35 PM
My favourite website for Bass tabs is Songsterr as most of the tabbed songs include MIDI audio tracks that you can play along with. You will find plenty of The Cure's songs within their library.

http://www.songsterr.com/Excellent, thanks bud, will have a look at that 👍