PDA

View Full Version : Conrad`s Sledging

Irish_Steve
16-04-2016, 08:03 PM
Loved the shouting when I watched the re-run but was it legal under the laws of the game? In the way you have to shout your name when going for the ball and not just "mine". I know you can do the Grobbelaar spaghetti legs but didn`t know you were allowed to shout at the player taking the penalty.

Mind you, if it was illegal, the ref would have ordered him to stop!

Just a point of order, that`s all - was ecstatic for the big man!

Hibernia&Alba
16-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Aye, it's a good question. It must be allowed, otherwise he would have been told to desist or possibly booked.

Hibs Class
16-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Watched it on the telly once i got home from the game, looked like he was psyching himself up.

Irish_Steve
16-04-2016, 08:21 PM
He appeared to be shouting directly at the Utd players - hey hey, down the middle or something like that - the man`s a star!

high bee
16-04-2016, 08:23 PM
For the first pen he kept shouting "Oy, Blair Spittal!"

wfortune
16-04-2016, 08:24 PM
I thought he was shouting, straight down the middle

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Mr White
16-04-2016, 08:30 PM
I thought he was shouting "look at me look at me!"

Budgie-esque certainly.

Dublin07
16-04-2016, 08:58 PM
if you watch the official sfa video that dashing bob has posted on the penalty video thread you can hear him shouting at them. hey hey down the middle down the middle. he is a unit and gave us a big advantage in the shootout. that shirt must have been about a 5xl but what a performance. he reminds me of budgie and could become a real cult hero.

Mr White
16-04-2016, 09:01 PM
he reminds me of budgie and could become a real cult hero.

:agree: absolutely

Budgie really made his mark at a hampden semi too...

Dublin07
16-04-2016, 09:05 PM
he sure did mate i remember it well. guy was just mental but inspired those around him.

poolman
16-04-2016, 09:41 PM
if you watch the official sfa video that dashing bob has posted on the penalty video thread you can hear him shouting at them. hey hey down the middle down the middle. he is a unit and gave us a big advantage in the shootout. that shirt must have been about a 5xl but what a performance. he reminds me of budgie and could become a real cult hero.

Yea, def Budgieesque character by the looks of him 😀

DickieDastardly
16-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Think he stops shouting when the ref blows the whistle for the penalty to be taken, only if he continued after that could the ref pull him up for it.

CallumLaidlaw
16-04-2016, 11:09 PM
Just rewatched the shootout after reading this thread and yeah, he's clearly shouting at the Utd players. I'm presuming it's ok tho as the ref didn't even flinch.

RCNG
16-04-2016, 11:12 PM
Loved the shouting when I watched the re-run but was it legal under the laws of the game? In the way you have to shout your name when going for the ball and not just "mine". I know you can do the Grobbelaar spaghetti legs but didn`t know you were allowed to shout at the player taking the penalty.

Mind you, if it was illegal, the ref would have ordered him to stop!

Just a point of order, that`s all - was ecstatic for the big man!

Nothing in the laws about it. The shouting 'mine' bit isn't either but is enforced at lower levels because it's a dick move.

green day
16-04-2016, 11:14 PM
Just watched sky highlights, cannae believe the prick Andy Walker - Cummings about to take final pen and the total dick says "surely they can't hibs it now".

National TV FFS !

HibbyAndy
17-04-2016, 06:59 AM
Just watched sky highlights, cannae believe the prick Andy Walker - Cummings about to take final pen and the total dick says "surely they can't hibs it now".

National TV FFS !

Disgraceful and surely can't be getting away with saying that ?!

LancsHibs
17-04-2016, 07:11 AM
Disgraceful and surely can't be getting away with saying that ?!

Nothing really wrong with it Andy, it's out fault that people use this term and I'm afraid it's common vocabulary now (it's almost a backhanded complement that we do achieve good things but the bottle goes at the end!). The only way to stop this is in our hands, win that bloody cup or stroll the playoffs. Let's do this 😎

LancsHibs
17-04-2016, 07:14 AM
Forgot to add big Conrad was fantastic yesterday👍👍👍

macca70
17-04-2016, 07:21 AM
Just read his wiki profile and it seems he has a bit of a history of saving penalties.

LithgaeHibby
17-04-2016, 07:48 AM

National TV FFS !

Andy Wa*ker seems to have had some issue ever since his short loan spell with us during which time he didn't exactly set the heather alight. His slow and methodical way of talking suggests that he's not the sharpest tool in the box. I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has as a "pundit".

tanfield
17-04-2016, 07:50 AM
Definitely shouting at the United players. Look at the reactions of the 2 United players who score.......They give the big man some verbals back

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2016, 07:54 AM

National TV FFS !

Really? **** me, even commentators have picked up on it. Where did it originate?

lapsedhibee
17-04-2016, 08:05 AM
Nothing in the laws about it.

"The goalkeeper must stay on the goal line until the ball is kicked, but he can move laterally along the line. The goalkeeper cannot take actions (such as waving his arms or yelling) to try to intentionally distract the kicker because that would be "unsporting", nor can the kicker start his run & then stop for the purpose of faking the Goalkeeper, for the same reason."

iwasthere1972
17-04-2016, 09:41 AM

National TV FFS !

What a prize plum.

DaveF
17-04-2016, 09:48 AM
"The goalkeeper must stay on the goal line until the ball is kicked, but he can move laterally along the line. The goalkeeper cannot take actions (such as waving his arms or yelling) to try to intentionally distract the kicker because that would be "unsporting", nor can the kicker start his run & then stop for the purpose of faking the Goalkeeper, for the same reason."

Clearly no one enforces that law given keepers and penalty takers do all of the above!

MB62
17-04-2016, 10:10 AM
Forgot to add big Conrad was fantastic yesterday

MOTM for us by a mile.

singing on the bus after the game (to the tunes of the Adams family)

His name is Conrad Logan
He's bigger than Hulk Hogan
He never lets a goal in
He the Hibees goalie

(finished off with usual finger clicking) :greengrin

17-04-2016, 10:13 AM
Dixon gave him the "sssh" gesture after he scored his

andy1875
17-04-2016, 10:15 AM
Just wathed all the penalties. Brilliant.

Im sure Logan is shouting "down the middle" at every penalty.

Moulin Yarns
17-04-2016, 10:30 AM

National TV FFS !

Since when was SKY national TV. You can choose to pay for it or you can choose not to. I do the latter, and don't miss it.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2016, 10:37 AM

He's always going to save a few pen's. :wink:

MB62
17-04-2016, 10:50 AM

He's always going to save a few pen's. :wink:

Seen this on the bus too, brilliant. The big man was outstanding yesterday and has to be in goals on Wednesday, we have a keeper, AT LAST.