PDA

View Full Version : Walter Smith is bitter

emerald green
14-04-2016, 06:36 PM
Smith has been quoted as saying Rangers / The Rangers will always feel bitter at being forced to start over in the bottom league four years ago. A decision which still provokes anger, according to Smith.

He goes on to say there was no necessity for the Ibrox club to be put down into the bottom league. He is quoted as saying the following:

"There's no doubt it was the wrong move in my eyes. Scottish football has been worse off. And a lot of teams happy to see Rangers go down there have suffered and found themselves relegated - or in the process of being relegated. So there will be that bitterness. How can they forget what happened to them? They can't forget that. Nobody can forget."

It doesn't take a genius to figure out one of the clubs he is referring to.

RoxburghHibs
14-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Smith has been quoted as saying Rangers / The Rangers will always feel bitter at being forced to start over in the bottom league four years ago. A decision which still provokes anger, according to Smith.

He goes on to say there was no necessity for the Ibrox club to be put down into the bottom league. He is quoted as saying the following:

"There's no doubt it was the wrong move in my eyes. Scottish football has been worse off. And a lot of teams happy to see Rangers go down there have suffered and found themselves relegated - or in the process of being relegated. So there will be that bitterness. How can they forget what happened to them? They can't forget that. Nobody can forget."

Forced to start over? Put down into the bottom league? What new club has ever NOT started in the lowest league?

They went bust because of their own failings not anyone else's.

Sir David Gray
14-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Clearly doesn't understand the concept of liquidation.

Best ignored.

givescotlandfreedom
14-04-2016, 06:39 PM
Funny he's sticking to the relegated lie when he said: “We wish the new Rangers Football Club every good fortune.” after they died.

neil7908
14-04-2016, 06:43 PM
The media in Scotland are a total disgrace. They allow people like Smith, Amoruso, Souness etc a chance to voice their pathetic and wholly incorrect views on what happened and NEVER have their opinion challenged or questioned.

How the BBC can cover this stuff is one thing but then just let them talk nonsense without questioning their lies is embarrassing. I've stopped paying the license and watching TV because of stuff like this.

It was the same with Neil Doncaster's remarks a week or so ago. Our game is total joke. Lets kick both the ugly sisters out and they can ply each other 38 games a year letting the rest of us get on with it.

Sammy7nil
14-04-2016, 06:43 PM

Dundee United :wink:

Pretty Boy
14-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Where is the precedent for a liquidated club, even one which buys the 'history' of a previous incarnation, being admitted straight into the top tier of their national competition?

neil7908
14-04-2016, 06:46 PM
Clearly doesn't understand the concept of liquidation.

Best ignored.

Exactly. This isn't even a sporting issue, its a legal issue. That company couldn't pay their debts and folded. End of story.

Someone should be asking Walter and his pals how much they made out of illegal EBTs rather than letting me keep peddling this.

JimBHibees
14-04-2016, 06:47 PM
Hugely irresponsible comments on the eve of an OF game. No doubt still spending his EBT.

emerald green
14-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Walter sounds like some random drunk in the Louden Tavern.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Not going to say anything else is he. Must have known how the contracts worked and turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

Bostonhibby
14-04-2016, 07:49 PM
Throw back to a long gone era of the now defunct Glasgow rangers. He did walking away and crawling out of the woodwork as they all are now they think they've got away with it.

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2016, 07:53 PM
I actually found Walter Smith to be a very decent bloke when Rangers were regular guests the night before games in Edinburgh.

Danderhall Hibs
14-04-2016, 08:03 PM
Hugely irresponsible comments on the eve of an OF game. No doubt still spending his EBT.

I heard him say this in the radio last week - on the way to the Livingston game so unless he's repeated it word for word it's not on the eve of the game.

Is it still an OF game anyway? :wink:

Jonnyboy
14-04-2016, 08:05 PM
Can we add the words "and twisted" to the thread title? :greengrin

The Harp Awakes
14-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Raymond Domenech, the former France Manager, was correct when he referred to Walter Smith as a traitor when he walked away from Scotland for Rangers.

As well as being a traitor, Smith talks utter drivel and is a yesterday man, who should be ignored at every opportunity.

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2016, 08:09 PM
Can we add the words "and twisted" to the thread title? :greengrin

No, I would want to drink it.

monktonharp
14-04-2016, 08:12 PM
I actually found Walter Smith to be a very decent bloke when Rangers were regular guests the night before games in Edinburgh.there are no decent blokes, connected to Rangers, and the same applies to The Rangers. Smith is a girnin' faced auld radge ,thinking that others will understand how unfair it was for his club to have to start at the bottom league. he had the temerity to say relegation (one league) would be bad enough but fair, and to the benefit of Scottish football.

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2016, 08:13 PM
there are no decent blokes, connected to Rangers, and the same applies to The Rangers. Smith is a girnin' faced auld radge ,thinking that others will understand how unfair it was for his club to have to start at the bottom league. he had the temerity to say relegation (one league) would be bad enough but fair, and to the benefit of Scottish football.

I must have imagined it every time I met him then.

monktonharp
14-04-2016, 08:16 PM
I must have imagined it every time I met him then.you must mix in some strange circles. how auld's yer granny?

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2016, 08:19 PM
you must mix in some strange circles. how auld's yer granny?

How? I was the Security manager at the Caley for ten years and Rangers were regulars. Amazingly enough the whole backroom staff were perfectly normal decent people, some even liked a late night bevvy, imagine that eh.

monktonharp
14-04-2016, 08:33 PM
How? I was the Security manager at the Caley for ten years and Rangers were regulars. Amazingly enough the whole backroom staff were perfectly normal decent people, some even liked a late night bevvy, imagine that eh.I cant imagine that. maybe it was just you thinking they were normal people.10 years of mixing with that lot,seems almost like a prison sentence. you must be made of steel

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2016, 08:35 PM
I cant imagine that. maybe it was just you thinking they were normal people.10 years of mixing with that lot,seems almost like a prison sentence. you must be made of steel

Professional courtesy, I really wanted to scream GIRUY ya bigoted shower of bustards 😁 I will release my memoirs confessions of the Caley when I have retired.

silverhibee
14-04-2016, 09:16 PM

Seen this on SSN, sure he said Rod Petrie under his breathe a few times, :greengrin he looked a very bitter angry man when being interviewed, f*** him and his club.

Biggie
14-04-2016, 09:20 PM

What a twat...he's had plenty time to think about what he would say when asked, and he comes out with that nonsense that will only get the knuckle draggers fired up.
Show some responsibility man ffs.......

Jim44
14-04-2016, 09:29 PM
I actually found Walter Smith to be a very decent bloke when Rangers were regular guests the night before games in Edinburgh.

I'm sure Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden came across as very decent blokes at certain points in their lives.:greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
14-04-2016, 09:36 PM
The media in Scotland are a total disgrace. They allow people like Smith, Amoruso, Souness etc a chance to voice their pathetic and wholly incorrect views on what happened and NEVER have their opinion challenged or questioned.

How the BBC can cover this stuff is one thing but then just let them talk nonsense without questioning their lies is embarrassing. I've stopped paying the license and watching TV because of stuff like this.

It was the same with Neil Doncaster's remarks a week or so ago. Our game is total joke. Lets kick both the ugly sisters out and they can ply each other 38 games a year letting the rest of us get on with it.

Good post. Agree with middle paragraph, stopped listening to BBC Scotland radio or watching many years ago. Even if a live game is on BBC Scotland I'll watch with sound off.
How much do all those muppets actually earn for talking Tom Kite?
In capable of discussing issues in proper detail.
Main BBC reporter Brian McGlauchan (?) can barely string 3 words together.
The hearts cheating coverage was always limited as well and normally made out Hearts to be the victims.
Close to drove me off the sport. At least scottish football anyway, but of course Hibs tippy tappy football keeps sucking us back lol ;)

Jonnyboy
14-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Good post. Agree with middle paragraph, stopped listening to BBC Scotland radio or watching many years ago. Even if a live game is on BBC Scotland I'll watch with sound off.
How much do all those muppets actually earn for talking Tom Kite?
In capable of discussing issues in proper detail.
Main BBC reporter Brian McGlauchan (?) can barely string 3 words together.
The hearts cheating coverage was always limited as well and normally made out Hearts to be the victims.
Close to drove me off the sport. At least scottish football anyway, but of course Hibs tippy tappy football keeps sucking us back lol ;)

A dyed in the wool Jambo so no surprise really :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
14-04-2016, 09:40 PM
A dyed in the wool Jambo so no surprise really :greengrin

Didn't know that!
Makes entire sense!!

Scouse Hibee
14-04-2016, 09:49 PM
I'm sure Adolf Hitler, Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden came across as very decent blokes at certain points in their lives.:greengrin

Nah I knew steaight away when I met them that they were bitter.

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Poor wee souls having the rules enforced on them. They got off ****ing lightly, new clubs should have to start from the bottom.

Spike Mandela
14-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Extremely Bitter Tramp.

Hi Heid Yin
14-04-2016, 10:43 PM

:top marks

ekhibee
15-04-2016, 08:57 PM
What a twat...he's had plenty time to think about what he would say when asked, and he comes out with that nonsense that will only get the knuckle draggers fired up.
Show some responsibility man ffs.......
Exactly what I was thinking. Making a big issue out of the bitterness thing. His words represent all that's wrong with football. Maybe he won't be so bitter when they p1ss off down to England like they always wanted to.

ALF TUPPER
15-04-2016, 09:17 PM
He's a bitter Hun. ( ex-Hun) Has had nothing to say for 4 years but comes crawling out now.
Coincidentally at the same time HMRC are allegedly showing interest in his 'investments'.
Looking for a wee bit support Wattie??

Famous Fiver
15-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Did Walter benefit from an EBT?

Wonder if he invested in any 'films'.

Don't think he'll be able to bully HMRC, he can harangue them all he wants but he will have to pay up.

Is it too much to hope?

ALF TUPPER
15-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Seems HMRC have their claws into a few of them. David Murray, Smith, souness, Barry ( man of the match ) Ferguson etc/...

It never ends 👍🏻😂😂

Bostonhibby
15-04-2016, 10:11 PM
Seems HMRC have their claws into a few of them. David Murray, Smith, souness, Barry ( man of the match ) Ferguson etc/...

It never ends 

Uncle Walter, every fan of the now defunct Glasgow Rangers favourite ex manager will be okay. He genuinely believed that the Laudrups, Butcher, Woods, not to mention Souness and all those non protestant Italian and Dutch internationals always wanted to play for the now defunct Glasgow rangers.

The rest are keeping their heads lower than a snakes belly but wattie seems to be talking again, more or less coincidental with their promotion. Maybe he doesn't have an EBT problem.

Just Jimmy
16-04-2016, 06:47 AM
Walter Smith shat on his country for that mob.

They deserve each other.

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-04-2016, 08:15 AM
Don't forget the media are falling over themselves at the thought of der hun being back in the SPFL, remember, all they care about are viewing figures and there are now only 2 teams in that league and the other one isn't the yams :wink:

I'm double sure there will be more pish to come spouted about them than the bogs in Princes Street.

Just ignore.