PDA

View Full Version : Jonas Gutierrez case against Newcastle United

14-04-2016, 05:03 PM
You can see why Mike Ashley is so disliked by Newcastle fans......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36044285

hibsbollah
14-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Mike Ashley should be disliked by everyone. The ugliest face of capitalism. I want that mob relegated almost as much as I want Leicester to win it.

easty
14-04-2016, 05:46 PM
I'm surprised. I didn't think he'd win the case.

lapsedhibee
14-04-2016, 06:02 PM
You can see why Mike Ashley is so disliked by Newcastle fans......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36044285

Ashley's not even mentioned in that article :confused:

R'Albin
14-04-2016, 06:23 PM
I don't understand how he can justify suing Newcastle here. He signed a contract which contained a clause stating that he had to have played a certain amount of games to trigger a renewal but didn't manage to. It would be treated that way with any other injury I imagine. Obviously a horrific experience for the guy but I can't see what Newcastle have done wrong here.

brianmc
14-04-2016, 06:31 PM
I don't understand how he can justify suing Newcastle here. He signed a contract which contained a clause stating that he had to have played a certain amount of games to trigger a renewal but didn't manage to. It would be treated that way with any other injury I imagine. Obviously a horrific experience for the guy but I can't see what Newcastle have done wrong here.

I assume the player's argument was that as soon as he made the club aware of his health issues they dropped him, despite him still being fit enough to play - which then made it impossible for him to achieve the required number of appearances? Just guessing though.

Sir David Gray
14-04-2016, 08:32 PM
I assume the player's argument was that as soon as he made the club aware of his health issues they dropped him, despite him still being fit enough to play - which then made it impossible for him to achieve the required number of appearances? Just guessing though.

:agree: Exactly what happened.

Gutierrez wasn't unable to play at that particular time, he simply wasn't picked as soon as he notified them that he had cancer and therefore wasn't given the chance of playing the required number of matches to get his contract renewed.