PDA

View Full Version : Fitbit

LustForLeith
13-04-2016, 11:03 AM
Anyone got one of these?

I was thinking of getting one. I walk a lot and it would be handy to keep an eye on the amount of steps I take. I was wondering if it's just a gimmick or if it's worth getting one?

Cheers!

Hiber-nation
13-04-2016, 11:39 AM
Anyone got one of these?

I was thinking of getting one. I walk a lot and it would be handy to keep an eye on the amount of steps I take. I was wondering if it's just a gimmick or if it's worth getting one?

Cheers!

I like it but mine takes ages to sync. There are other glitches like missing data, misrecording of stairs climbed etc.

I use it to measure walking and (when I didn't have this bloody groin strain) running and football. It's interesting to see how much ground you're covering and you can join in with challenges with mates.

alexhibs
13-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Anyone got one of these?

Cheers! aye its good, you can set yourself targets, can be addictive ah suppose always checking it

hibee_girl
13-04-2016, 11:48 AM
I've got the flex and I love it, mine was free when I ordered my sons mobile phone so if I don't use it to its full potential sometimes then it doesn't really matter!

I find the sleep tracker the most interesting

LustForLeith
13-04-2016, 12:11 PM
Cheers folks!

Half tempted to get one, would be handy to keep an eye of the steps I take each day. On the other hand not sure if the novelty would soon wear off!

H18sry
13-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Cheers folks!

Half tempted to get one, would be handy to keep an eye of the steps I take each day. On the other hand not sure if the novelty would soon wear off!

Most phone have step tracking apps

Jay
13-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Ive got a Fitbit. Used to love it, now I just get weekly updates on my phone telling me how lazy I've been :)

I got my son a moov for Xmas, it's rubbish.

LaMotta
13-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Cheers folks!

Bought the Mrs one for Christmas, and she wore it for a few weeks and now I see it just sitting on the shelf everyday untouched, so your hunch about Novelty wearing off was the case with her!

LustForLeith
13-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Bought the Mrs one for Christmas, and she wore it for a few weeks and now I see it just sitting on the shelf everyday untouched, so your hunch about Novelty wearing off was the case with her!

ha!!!

hibbybob
13-04-2016, 06:13 PM
I really like mine. I find it motivational as you can set daily targets.

The HR model is interesting as it records your heart rate throughout the day so records your resting heart rate and what it is whilst exercising. I was shocked to see just how much higher my heart rate is whilst watching the Hibs.

Perhaps time to take football a bit less seriously!

Wembley67
13-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Key word there is motivational...not for me personally but I can see the benefits foe many folk.

Hiber-nation
13-04-2016, 06:44 PM
I really like mine. I find it motivational as you can set daily targets.

The HR model is interesting as it records your heart rate throughout the day so records your resting heart rate and what it is whilst exercising. I was shocked to see just how much higher my heart rate is whilst watching the Hibs.

Perhaps time to take football a bit less seriously!

Hah, I checked it as well during the matches and it hardly moves! Even last night. Either Hibs don't stress me out so much these days or it doesn't work properly....my money's on the latter!

hibbybob
13-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Hah, I checked it as well during the matches and it hardly moves! Even last night. Either Hibs don't stress me out so much these days or it doesn't work properly....my money's on the latter!

Of course, there could be another reason!

LTYF :jamboclow

:wink: :na na:

Hiber-nation
13-04-2016, 08:20 PM
Of course, there could be another reason!

LTYF :jamboclow

:wink: :na na:

:giruy2:

You are a bad man Bob :wink:

Jack
14-04-2016, 10:03 AM
I bought a Jawbone U2 (or something) for my wife and she loves it. She's doing the Bra Walk (or something) and using it to track her training.

I've had a smart watch for a couple of years now. It tracks all sorts. I love it.

Jay
14-04-2016, 10:22 AM
I bought a Jawbone U2 (or something) for my wife and she loves it. She's doing the Bra Walk (or something) and using it to track her training.

I've had a smart watch for a couple of years now. It tracks all sorts. I love it.

Moonwalk?