PDA

View Full Version : Ref

matty_f
12-04-2016, 11:53 PM
WTF were the ref and linesmen about tonight? Clueless throughout.

wfortune
12-04-2016, 11:57 PM
Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
12-04-2016, 11:57 PM
Yeah, very bad. They were lucky to finished with 10 and the Cummings penalty not given was an absolute shocking decision.

kaimendhibs
13-04-2016, 12:59 AM
Absolutely awful

GreenLake
13-04-2016, 01:08 AM
Rotten and despicable.

NAE NOOKIE
13-04-2016, 01:36 AM
Every Hibs challenge was a free kick ..... he booked Bartley and then let a Falkirk player off with just free kick after a very similar tackle minutes later. The ref wasn't to blame for us blowing the game. But it says everything when he gave us a penalty sent a Falkirk player off and we can still honestly say he sucked

Hibeesmad
13-04-2016, 02:48 AM
One of the officials was a hearts season ticket holder a few years back. Not making accusations but thought I'd throw it in

KWJ
13-04-2016, 04:10 AM
Didn't understand why folk were so angered by the ref in first match v Caley T.

THIS was a game v hammer throwers and the ref let them away with it first half. Taiwo's not even a free kick, wtf.

And Cummings was well onside.

Many others too.

Shocking performance. Reckon he was told at half time because the second yellow and pen would've been surprising in any game, felt a bit like making amends.

KWJ
13-04-2016, 04:39 AM
Just heard that Stubbs spoke to the ref at half time, reckon it had an impact.

Shame the players didn't do enough to see it out.

danhibees1875
13-04-2016, 06:52 AM
The attack on Gray (presumably resulting in him going off) , not playing advantage when Boyle was through so as to give hibs a free-kick in our own half and not even book their boy and the booking which Mcginn did get for what looked least like a foul than anything all game all seemed a bit mad.

I'm not even convinced by the penalty we did get. At that point I changed my opinion from him being a cheat to simply being crap.

Baldy Foghorn
13-04-2016, 07:00 AM
Pathetic refereeing who failed to assert control of the thugs. Christ alone knows how they managed 10 men to stay on park, Miller should have walked too....

Gave our player's no protection whatsoever.

gaz1875
13-04-2016, 07:45 AM
The linesman on the east stand even put his flag up for offside when we were in their half with the ball :confused:

FastEddieFelson
13-04-2016, 07:48 AM
was that the same ref as the ICT home game? crawford allan?

Bill Milne
13-04-2016, 07:49 AM
The offside decisions from both linesmen were appalling. In most cases, there were Falkirk defenders clearly visible who were were playing us onside. The worst one was when Stokes played in Cummings in the second half. Falkirk right back was at least two yards goalside of the East Stand linesman and was right in front of me in the West Stand!!

TAHibby
13-04-2016, 07:54 AM
I liked the moment when the linesman waited to see who picked the ball up first to award a throw in to. Could see the puzzled look on his face, comical

staunchhibby
13-04-2016, 07:55 AM
It felt like the ref was playing for Falkirk.Thought there should have been a red card earlier for Falkirk when it looked liked he he brought the hibs player down in goal scoring position when he was last man.

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-04-2016, 07:57 AM
One of the worst collective displays I've ever seen from officials. Brutal

mvteng
13-04-2016, 07:58 AM
West Stand linesman was also truly awful.

Constantly giving offside incorrectly in the first half, then 2nd half the number of times Falkirk were offside & he didn't put his flag up was unreal.

Also totally missed the challenge on Gray.

Really really poor

hibee_girl
13-04-2016, 08:06 AM

Yes

Brightside
13-04-2016, 08:13 AM

It was the worst performance I've ever seen from officials. Ref had no control and the lino constantly flagged for offside despite being about 20 yards behind play.

Brightside
13-04-2016, 08:14 AM
Yeah, very bad. They were lucky to finished with 10 and the Cummings penalty not given was an absolute shocking decision.

The hanlon pen in the first half was the most blatant I've ever seen.

PercyHibs
13-04-2016, 08:24 AM
absolutely brutal tonight!!!

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 08:58 AM

Actually thought it was a bent performance. I think we get the rough end of the stick too many times from refs and some who inexplicably seem happy to do us over. Stubbs should start calling them out for it. Last three games we have been done over by shockers St Mirren, Alloa 2 wrong goals (3 points right there) and tonight.

Taiwo tacckle on Gray - red card or at least a second yellow
Sibbald yellow
Muirhead - red card when took out Stubbs not interested if not deemed to be last man
Millar shocker on Bartley red at least yellow, then fouls Hanlon then McGregor, then fouls constantly then sets up equaliser you couldnt make it up

Would love to see the pictures for Stokes header to Cummings as to me and I was in FF Upper no way did it look offside
Cummings stonewall pen defender took him out

Linesman West standside seemed to flag for everything first half then lost his flag at half time

Loads more incidents but the ones off the top of my head.

He was awful in the Inverness game and was miles worse last night. Falkirk got the perfect ref for them as they could foul with impunity and get away with it.

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 09:01 AM
The offside decisions from both linesmen were appalling. In most cases, there were Falkirk defenders clearly visible who were were playing us onside. The worst one was when Stokes played in Cummings in the second half. Falkirk right back was at least two yards goalside of the East Stand linesman and was right in front of me in the West Stand!!

Thats what I thought at the time was never offside, red card and pen. Would say kills the game but no doubt we would have blown it anyway.

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 09:01 AM
One of the officials was a hearts season ticket holder a few years back. Not making accusations but thought I'd throw it in

Looked like they all were. Bent.

killie-hibby
13-04-2016, 09:03 AM
It felt like the ref was playing for Falkirk.Thought there should have been a red card earlier for Falkirk when it looked liked he he brought the hibs player down in goal scoring position when he was last man.

That would be the assault on Stokes. Definite red card. I think that would be why Stubbs spoke to the referee during the half time period. Not as Houston says was to complain about penalties not given. Could have caused Stokes a serious injury. It was an intentional assault,was not a misjudged tackle.

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Pathetic refereeing who failed to assert control of the thugs. Christ alone knows how they managed 10 men to stay on park, Miller should have walked too....

Gave our player's no protection whatsoever.

I was thinking at the time we are going to get a broken leg here and kind of glad Henderson wasnt on and they would have probably snapped him also.

QMU-1875
13-04-2016, 09:08 AM
The referee last night is the reason we have came away with a point having watched the highlights he has made some blatantly awful decisions that have to be investigated by the SFA. I expect the club to make a statement. “Hibs class” can do one, the decisions yesterday were nothing more than shocking, a few examples:

Stokes brought down in first half is a straight red every time.
Cummings through on goal at start second half wasn’t offside
Cummings brought down in penalty area in full view of referee, nothing given
Lee Miller offside for chance – nothing given – Oxley saves well
No red card when Bartley is kicked in the face by Baird

These are decisions that have cost us dear and the club need to make their feelings clear. We have been robbed by a suspect referee and his two linesmen. I have never believed the conspiracy theories about referees but there is no explaining the decisions they have made yesterday and the examples above are only the ones from the highlights, there were much more! A shambles and the club must make it known!

California-Hibs
13-04-2016, 09:28 AM
The Cummings penalty was stonewall btw. Watching on HibsTV, an absolute rediculous decision!

weecounty hibby
13-04-2016, 09:51 AM
Penalty and red card and it was still the most biased and incompetent display from the officials that I have ever seen. In fact scrub that just biased. Blatant cheating. At one point the ball went out on the east stand side by a full two or three feet and the linesman never put his flag up. The pen was a stonewaller, they should have been down to nine men at least, stokes/Cummings never offside at start of 2nd half. There were numerous fouls that went unpunished for them and we get players booked for the softest stuff. Disgusting performance but one that I predicted on our bus going to the game. I said that no matter the result we would still come away talking about the ref. It's happening too often to us to be a coincidence.
We need the club to talk about these things in the press for a change. Most other clubs do it and it seems to work for them

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 10:00 AM
Penalty and red card and it was still the most biased and incompetent display from the officials that I have ever seen. In fact scrub that just biased. Blatant cheating. At one point the ball went out on the east stand side by a full two or three feet and the linesman never put his flag up. The pen was a stonewaller, they should have been down to nine men at least, stokes/Cummings never offside at start of 2nd half. There were numerous fouls that went unpunished for them and we get players booked for the softest stuff. Disgusting performance but one that I predicted on our bus going to the game. I said that no matter the result we would still come away talking about the ref. It's happening too often to us to be a coincidence.
We need the club to talk about these things in the press for a change. Most other clubs do it and it seems to work for them

Yep agree we need to be more yamlike in putting pressure on refs. We have had some shocking decisions in the last 3 games, St Mirren, Alloa and yesterday.

Mikey09
13-04-2016, 10:54 AM

Please dont tell me it was the one running the line at the East stand?!

QMU-1875
13-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Bigger deal should be made about this. Silence from the club, rolling over and accepting another incompetent performance from a referee

Stokesy's on fire
13-04-2016, 11:01 AM
The ref is not to blame for our crumble but it's worth noting that the Ref and both of his linesmen were struggling. Ok he gave a pen and sent one of the hammer throwers off but come on the!! the ref should have had Falkirk put in their place in the first half. They got off with loads and surprise a hibs player was first to be booked. Some terrible refereeing last night calling play back when falkirks arse had collapsed was shocking

07BigD
13-04-2016, 11:06 AM
The linesman on the east stand even put his flag up for offside when we were in their half with the ball :confused:
I saw that, must have been on drugs

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

07BigD
13-04-2016, 11:07 AM
I liked the moment when the linesman waited to see who picked the ball up first to award a throw in to. Could see the puzzled look on his face, comical
Spineless

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Mikey09
13-04-2016, 11:23 AM
1st half Falkirk defender raised his hands pushing Cummings in the face. Ignored.
Challenge on Stokes, absolute shocker. Yellow.
Taiwo challenge on Gray, shocker.
Miller challenge on Bartley. Ignored.
Baird follow through on Hanlon. Ignored.
Cummings penalty claim. Ignored.
Offside call on Stokes that put JC through on goal. Baffling.
Offside call when McGinn crossed to Hanlon at back post. Just wow.
Gray pass up the channel, taken out late, Boyle controls and is in. Pulled back with foul given and no yellow.
McCracken holding at corners the entire first half. Ignored.
Vaulks kicking anything that moved. Ignored.
Ball out of play at East stand. Ignored.
2 footed challenge by Hypollyte on Boyle next to East stand. Ignored.

could post more but bored now.

The Harp Awakes
13-04-2016, 11:35 AM
1st half Falkirk defender raised his hands pushing Cummings in the face. Ignored.
Challenge on Stokes, absolute shocker. Yellow.
Taiwo challenge on Gray, shocker.
Miller challenge on Bartley. Ignored.
Baird follow through on Hanlon. Ignored.
Cummings penalty claim. Ignored.
Offside call on Stokes that put JC through on goal. Baffling.
Offside call when McGinn crossed to Hanlon at back post. Just wow.
Gray pass up the channel, taken out late, Boyle controls and is in. Pulled back with foul given and no yellow.
McCracken holding at corners the entire first half. Ignored.
Vaulks kicking anything that moved. Ignored.
Ball out of play at East stand. Ignored.
2 footed challenge by Hypollyte on Boyle next to East stand. Ignored.

could post more but bored now.

Add to that:

(1) Hypollyte doing his Lazarus act on the turf (twice), the 1st time getting Bartley booked and (2) Baird running around like a madman after to a fair tackle and somehow McGinn is the one booked:fuming:

StevieT
13-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Please dont tell me it was the one running the line at the East stand?!

I know that the West Stand assistant played Junior football (ex Penicuik Athletic amongst others) before taking up refereeing so I doubt it would be him.

hibsbollah
13-04-2016, 12:34 PM
Astonishingly bad, lines men and ref tag team of uselessness.

Big_Franck
13-04-2016, 01:05 PM
The ref was brutal last night, as were both linesman.

At the time I thought Stokes' wee header through to Cummings early in the second half was well onside and having just watched it on Hibs TV the Falkirk left back is about two yards deeper than any Hibs player when the ball is played through. A horrendous decision that probably cost us the game.

The_Horde
13-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Genuinely the most incompetent performance from a set of officials ever. We were 2-0 up and I found myself raging at them still.

Marco G
13-04-2016, 01:13 PM
Behind the goals, so couldn't tell if offside or not but it looked close. Keeper would have conceded a penalty and been sent off so a mistake by the linesman costs us dear once again.

Jonnyboy
13-04-2016, 02:17 PM
Bigger deal should be made about this. Silence from the club, rolling over and accepting another incompetent performance from a referee

How do you know that to be the case? Hibs may well be acting on this but they wouldn't do it in the public domain.

chasitup
13-04-2016, 02:40 PM
Genuinely the most incompetent performance from a set of officials ever. We were 2-0 up and I found myself raging at them still.

While the officials were undeniably brutall last night, I give you Alan Freeland or Charlie Richmond for total incompetence.

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 02:58 PM
How do you know that to be the case? Hibs may well be acting on this but they wouldn't do it in the public domain.

Maybe now and again they need to put in the public domain to keep some for these shysters up to the job. If behind the scenes can easily be ignored or some platitude like we will look into it kind of line.

That performance last night from ref and linesmen was every bit as bad as Thomson could come up with.

The decision for offside just after the break which was red card for the goalie and pen was incredible, I could see from the FF Upper there was no way it was off.

We do seem to be getting the wrong end of some appalling decisions. The offside goal at St Mirren couldnt have been any clearer.

JimBHibees
13-04-2016, 03:00 PM
I know that the West Stand assistant played Junior football (ex Penicuik Athletic amongst others) before taking up refereeing so I doubt it would be him.

What about Mr Magoo on the East stand line? :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
13-04-2016, 03:35 PM

That doesn't work - it needs to be he'd in about in the press. Example - Houston moaning about a soft own being given, next time we play an absolute stonewaller is denied.

Smartie
13-04-2016, 03:45 PM
While the officials were undeniably brutall last night, I give you Alan Freeland or Charlie Richmond for total incompetence.

I thought last night was getting Freeland-esque.

Hibs vs Falkirk at Easter Road and a horribly weak referee who totally lost control.

I thought at some points it was actually going to get worse and whilst I'm sure we picked up a few knocks I'm glad nobody picked up a really nasty injury. It looked like it was going that way.

paddy1875
13-04-2016, 03:59 PM
That doesn't work - it needs to be he'd in about in the press. Example - Houston moaning about a soft own being given, next time we play an absolute stonewaller is denied.

Even with Stubbs talking to him at half time he missed an absolute stone Waller on Cummings in the second half.

These guys that are refereeing our game are a bunch of jokers. They play opposites, play advantage when there is none. Then stop the play when we're through on goal, and don't even produce a yellow card.

We as a club should be saying a lot more in the press and interviews to put pressure onto the officials. Peter Houston has had previous in the past talking about soft penalties we've had against his team. 3rd time lucky last night we got one. Only because I reckon the ref thought to himself 'Christ, that's the 3rd. I better give them this one'

StevieT
13-04-2016, 04:02 PM
What about Mr Magoo on the East stand line? :greengrin

He's a new one on me.

chasitup
13-04-2016, 04:17 PM

Hibs vs Falkirk at Easter Road and a horribly weak referee who totally lost control.

I thought at some points it was actually going to get worse and whilst I'm sure we picked up a few knocks I'm glad nobody picked up a really nasty injury. It looked like it was going that way.

Fair call. But Charlie Richmond absolutely ruined a game against Motherwell in about 2004 with the most baffling decisions and that sticks in my mind. Maybe a League Cup game at home to Morton once as well.

emerald green
13-04-2016, 06:47 PM
The standard of referee / assistants in this league is terrible, and seems to be getting worse if anything.

We can greet about it until the cows come home, but what's to be done about it to get change? To get improvements?

JoeT_WasTheBest
13-04-2016, 09:34 PM

It was indeed. Worst ref in Scotland I'd say. Abysmal last night. His daughter is also a ref, not sure if incompetence runs in the family....

Argylehibby
13-04-2016, 09:50 PM
The ref was brutal last night, as were both linesman.

At the time I thought Stokes' wee header through to Cummings early in the second half was well onside and having just watched it on Hibs TV the Falkirk left back is about two yards deeper than any Hibs player when the ball is played through. A horrendous decision that probably cost us the game.

I've not seen any highlights but is it possible he gave offside against stokes from the pass through rather than Jason from the header on?

hibby6270
13-04-2016, 10:15 PM
I've not seen any highlights but is it possible he gave offside against stokes from the pass through rather than Jason from the header on?

Don't think so. I'm in West Upper and was right in line. Cummings and Stokes were both level with each other, so they were both onside IMO. You usually have a 'sense' in yourself, if it's offside or not and for that one I just didn't have it. Looked fine from my angle and I would admit others use no matter how tight it looked. Should've been a pen to us and red card to keeper but heyho, it wasn't. Typical of decisions that always seem to go against us.

Bishop Hibee
13-04-2016, 10:32 PM
The 'offside' right at the start of the second half was miles on . Hibs started quickly and the linesman was out of position and guessed.

Mikey09
13-04-2016, 10:49 PM

No. When McGregor cleared the ball both players were well onside. Stokes then headed it through to JC who ran in on goal, then the assistant put the flag up. Cummings then asked if he was offside and the assistant, who was right in front of me told him it was Stokes. Baffling as he waited till Cummings had the ball before flagging. I was right in line with the entire incident.

murray26
13-04-2016, 10:51 PM
We've had that too often this season.. I'm still no even convinced McGinnis goal v Morton at the start of our bad run was offside..

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 10:54 PM
We've had that too often this season.. I'm still no even convinced McGinnis goal v Morton at the start of our bad run was offside..It was for the ball going it (which it didn't) not offside.

murray26
13-04-2016, 11:00 PM
It was for the ball going it (which it didn't) not offside.

Sorry but the goal should have stood I.e different outcome..

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 11:03 PM
Sorry but the goal should have stood I.e different outcome..Indeed, we should have had a penalty (and red for their player) both in that game and last night. Officials are a joke and we've had the worst of it this season.

murray26
13-04-2016, 11:11 PM
Indeed, we should have had a penalty (and red for their player) both in that game and last night. Officials are a joke and we've had the worst of it this season.

Sorry we've had far to many recently.. Absolute howlers and a lot of 50/50s which do impact a match and a season.. It is beyond a joke.. Time we put real pressure on the officials.. Especially at Easter road..

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2016, 11:49 PM
Sorry we've had far to many recently.. Absolute howlers and a lot of 50/50s which do impact a match and a season.. It is beyond a joke.. Time we put real pressure on the officials.. Especially at Easter road..I don't want officials making bad calls in our favour, I want them making the right calls.

KWJ
13-04-2016, 11:54 PM

Yup it was similar in the way that he had zero control of the game. What made this one stand out was that it was the 3 of them that were horrendous. No 4th official, what was that about? He scared to work with the other 3?

StevieT
14-04-2016, 10:00 AM
Yup it was similar in the way that he had zero control of the game. What made this one stand out was that it was the 3 of them that were horrendous. No 4th official, what was that about? He scared to work with the other 3?

In this league you only get a 4th official for televised games. This means that the West stand assistant has to run to the halfway line to take the substitution, run back in to position before the game can restart. It also means we have no idea how much time is being added on.

wookie70
14-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Just watched the highlights on Hibs TV and the ref was worse than I thought at the game. The only one that may have been right was Stokes flick to Cummings. Looks like Stokes may have been offside for the original ball from McGregor but hard to tell. Taiwo should have been off and no idea why McGinn was booked.

The performance of the ref was bad but I have watched the Falkirk goals a few times now and the marking is the worse I think I have ever seen. We have numbers back but we defended like 6 year olds watching the ball. The Falkirk players hardly had to make a good run. Stubbs will surely go mental as this has nothing to do with coaching. You would see a youth club player marking better at under 10 level than we did. Sickening as up until their goal our defending was reasonable. Total lack of concentration.

hibsbollah
14-04-2016, 05:14 PM
Just watched the highlights on Hibs TV and the ref was worse than I thought at the game. The only one that may have been right was Stokes flick to Cummings. Looks like Stokes may have been offside for the original ball from McGregor but hard to tell. Taiwo should have been off and no idea why McGinn was booked.

The performance of the ref was bad but I have watched the Falkirk goals a few times now and the marking is the worse I think I have ever seen. We have numbers back but we defended like 6 year olds watching the ball. The Falkirk players hardly had to make a good run. Stubbs will surely go mental as this has nothing to do with coaching. You would see a youth club player marking better at under 10 level than we did. Sickening as up until their goal our defending was reasonable. Total lack of concentration.

Who was supposed to be marking at the goals?

The_Horde
14-04-2016, 07:51 PM

Oxley

StevieT
14-04-2016, 08:11 PM

For the first goal it looks like Bartley lets his man run off him leaving McGregor to pick up two players running towards his own goals. He missed the ball and the Falkirk player headed home. It looks like Bartley then signalled that he expected the ball to be claimed by the 'keeper but there is no way Oxley was coming that far off his line.

The second goal is the worst though. There are four Hibs players near to the Falkirk player closest to the thrower. He moves between two Hibs players to flick the ball on. It looks like McGregor who gets drawn towards the play and leaves the Falkirk player all alone to score. All in all there were eight Hibs defenders plus a goalkeeper to defend against two Falkirk players (I exclude the Falkirk player at the back who didn't do much) and they still managed to score.

FWIW the Falkirk left back played everyone onside for the whole of the play which resulted in offside given against Cummings (which should have led to a penalty and a red card).