PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Ending

#persevered
10-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Obviously lots of ups and downs this season and as we're in a "down" at the moment there's a lot of frustration here but...

I'm a fan of a good sports film and if our season was a Hollywood film it would definitely involve us struggling as we are just now and doing things the hard way - finishing 3rd but battling through the play-offs to go up and then winning the cup. So with that in mind - bit of fun - who would you cast in a film version of our season to play Stubbs and the team?

iwasthere1972
10-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Obviously lots of ups and downs this season and as we're in a "down" at the moment there's a lot of frustration here but...

I'm a fan of a good sports film and if our season was a Hollywood film it would definitely involve us struggling as we are just now and doing things the hard way - finishing 3rd but battling through the play-offs to go up and then winning the cup. So with that in mind - bit of fun - who would you cast in a film version of our season to play Stubbs and the team?

First post. Sniff.

DUX
10-04-2016, 09:12 PM

At the moment they could all play Eddie the Eagle, as they had us flying high and crashed us back down to earth again.

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2016, 09:17 PM
Albert Kidd as the star man.

Edson Arantes
10-04-2016, 09:19 PM

:jamboclow

You sir, deserve to last less than two minutes on here.

GTF.

Www1875hfc
10-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Albert Kidd as the star man.

He could maybe play a cameo role .
Say, come on for the last 7 minutes with the game on a knife edge at 0-0 !!! [emoji6]

#persevered
10-04-2016, 09:23 PM
:jamboclow

You sir, deserve to last less than two minutes on here.

GTF.

Well that went off the rails quicker than I had even expected.

Edson Arantes
10-04-2016, 09:24 PM
He could maybe play a cameo role .
Say, come on for the last 7 minutes with the game on a knife edge at 0-0 !!! [emoji6]

:thumbsup:

Smartie
10-04-2016, 09:24 PM
This season has been a bit like "The Crying Game".

All is going swimmingly, firing in about a tidy bird before finding out that she's got a winkie.

Edson Arantes
10-04-2016, 09:25 PM

Eh?

And, what did you expect?

Alfred E Newman
10-04-2016, 09:26 PM

We could cast you as the fertiliser for the pitch.

Bostonhibby
10-04-2016, 09:26 PM
We could maybe have an ending where we win a war, but ultimately go bust having stolen, amongst other things the poppy fund money raised to help war veterans, very Hollywood, surely these things can't happen in real life.

Edson Arantes
10-04-2016, 09:27 PM

All is going swimmingly, firing in about a tidy bird before finding out that she's got a winkie.

:faf::faf:

DUX
10-04-2016, 09:28 PM

Did you carry on regardless?

Ha Ha

#persevered
10-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Eh?

And, what did you expect?

Maybe a joke, bit of banter, rather than a straight forward GTF.

Edson Arantes
10-04-2016, 09:33 PM
Maybe a joke, bit of banter, rather than a straight forward GTF.

Let's joke then buddy.

I'm in a great mood this weekend.

You start.

matty_f
10-04-2016, 09:37 PM
Am I missing something from the OP? What's in it that makes folk think it's a puddle drinker? :dunno:

Edit : OP is a Hibby, so maybe give folk a chance, guys?

#persevered
10-04-2016, 09:44 PM
We could cast you as the fertiliser for the pitch.

Not to be picky but they don't normally "cast" fertiliser in films. you'd just buy it in. I accept it's a s*** thread but you can do better than that, surely.

#persevered
10-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Let's joke then buddy.

I'm in a great mood this weekend.

You start.

Hey no one's happy about Saturday - just fail to see how it's my fault. As I've said I accept it is a lame thread but it's my first go so give me a break. I'll get better or I'll shut up. Just a hibby new to the forum - fancied seeing if I could get a light hearted chat going. Not overly encouraged to stick around on this evidence though.

ManBearPig
10-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Ok let's here your any given Sunday speech Al?

Jones28
10-04-2016, 09:56 PM

Don't take it to heart mate, in about 3000 posts time you'll be accepted 😂

#persevered
10-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Don't take it to heart mate, in about 3000 posts time you'll be accepted 😂

Fair enough, I'll probably just avoid starting any more dumb threads until that point! The next 2999 posts will just be "I agree with you" on other people's threads. Safety first!

DUX
10-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Fair enough, I'll probably just avoid starting any more dumb threads until that point! The next 2999 posts will just be "I agree with you" on other people's threads. Safety first!

Quite a sensitive soul Alan Pacino. Just say you're piece and don't worry bout negativity. Can't please everyone son. Don't worry, be happy.:aok:

matty_f
10-04-2016, 10:11 PM

Just get stuck in mate, the thread isn't that bad, folk are just still raging from the weekend!

Glory Lurker
10-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Don't know who'd be cast for it, but I can guarantee you that it's going to be like Capricorn One. Just as the world thinks we are dead, we're going to storm in to our own memorial service on an open top bus.

Honest.

We will!

iwasthere1972
10-04-2016, 10:19 PM

I'm always a wee bit suspicious when someone's first post is knocking the team but there you go. Looks like you've now been cleared of being a ****bag so fill your boots.

Welcome. :aok:

#persevered
10-04-2016, 10:50 PM
I'm always a wee bit suspicious when someone's first post is knocking the team but there you go. Looks like you've now been cleared of being a ****bag so fill your boots.

Yeah think people misread my tone in first post, wasn't knocking the team, simply acknowledging we had a bad weekend. I genuinely think we'll still go up and I definitely think we'll be in the sc final.

TAHibby
10-04-2016, 10:58 PM
The guy that plays hodor in game of thrones, doing the same character for stubbs

jacomo
10-04-2016, 11:01 PM
Hey no one's happy about Saturday - just fail to see how it's my fault. As I've said I accept it is a lame thread but it's my first go so give me a break. I'll get better or I'll shut up. Just a hibby new to the forum - fancied seeing if I could get a light hearted chat going. Not overly encouraged to stick around on this evidence though.

Here's a tip - try replying to a few existing threads first, rather than starting one as your first post. Bound to get hostility for that.

Hibee_Rab
10-04-2016, 11:10 PM
Possibility?

basehibby
10-04-2016, 11:23 PM

He wisnae knocking the team - if anything showing a shread of optimism in daring to contemplate a Holywood ending! Anyway - in response to the OP I think Nick Cage could do a decent Stubbsy if he could pull off a proper Scouse accent without sounding like Dick VanDyke out of Mary Poppins.

As for the players - the cast of "Escape to Victory" would hopefully fit the bill (including Pele naturally;).

Edson Arantes
11-04-2016, 06:15 AM
Apologies Alan :thumbsup:

Just peed off about Saturday still.

Steve-O
11-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Adrien Brody as Alan Stubbs

MrSmith
11-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Don't take it to heart mate, in about 3000 posts time you'll be accepted 
Another 1000 to go then ... Bummer! :rolleyes:

Eyrie
11-04-2016, 09:07 PM
I can't believe we're on page two now and no-one has posted the obligatory "LTYF".

Standards are slipping on .net :tsk tsk:

portyhibernian
11-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Brad Pitt as me in a camera shot panning the crowd

The Green Goblin
11-04-2016, 10:16 PM
I can't believe we're on page two now and no-one has posted the obligatory "LTYF".

Standards are slipping on .net :tsk tsk:

Ltyf

:greengrin

The Green Goblin
11-04-2016, 10:40 PM
Hibernian's 11 (like Ocean's 11 but without the happy ending)

Starring:

Michael Caine as Sir Tom Farmer
Tom Selleck as Rod Petrie
Helen Mirren as Leeann Dempster

With...

Jason Statham as Anthony Stokes
Macauley Culkin as Jason Cummings
Matt Damon as Paul Hanlon
Leonardo diCaprio as John McGinn
Jude Law as David Grey
Samuel L Jackson as Dominique Malonga

Featuring:

The Keystone Cops as the SPFL
A random jakey as Peter Houston

Special guest appearance: Kathy Bates as Anne Budge

plus a cast of dozens of anonymous extras over the last ten years...

matty_f
11-04-2016, 11:17 PM

Starring:

With...

Jude Law as David Grey

Featuring:

No room for Stephen Hawkins or the ginger one from off of Girls Aloud?

Erm....deary me.

Waxy
12-04-2016, 07:46 AM

Starring:

With...

Jude Law as David Grey

Featuring:

Surely Keith Lemon would play Budge?