PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs Wants Oxley Yellow Card Rescinded

Keith_M
18-03-2016, 10:11 AM
According to an article in the Scotsman (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-alan-stubbs-wants-mark-oxley-yellow-card-rescinded-1-4075338)

Smartie
18-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Can that actually be done?

Keith_M
18-03-2016, 10:21 AM

TBH, I didn't think there was a right of appeal for yellow cards.

Onceinawhile
18-03-2016, 10:32 AM
TBH, I didn't think there was a right of appeal for yellow cards.

An Aberdeen player had one rescinded for simulation just recently.

CropleyWasGod
18-03-2016, 10:35 AM
An Aberdeen player had one rescinded for simulation just recently.

Simulation and mistaken identity are the only 2 scenarios where yellow cards can be appealled.

According to some, Oxley ain't a keeper, so maybe we have grounds there.... :greengrin

ALF TUPPER
18-03-2016, 10:55 AM
Simulation and mistaken identity are the only 2 scenarios where yellow cards can be appealled.

According to some, Oxley ain't a keeper, so maybe we have grounds there.... :greengrin

Hahahaha 😂

greenginger
18-03-2016, 11:00 AM
Normally it would be assumed , simulation meant pretending to be fouled when you were not, ie diving.

But simulation could equally mean pretending to be injured or requiring assistance when you are not.

Obviously Oxley required assistance but the ref got it wrong.

Grounds for appeal without a doubt, but its the GFA we are dealing with ..........

R'Albin
18-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Would he be banned for the potential final if the appeal is rejected?

JimBHibees
18-03-2016, 11:06 AM
Normally it would be assumed , simulation meant pretending to be fouled when you were not, ie diving.

But simulation could equally mean pretending to be injured or requiring assistance when you are not.

Obviously Oxley required assistance but the ref got it wrong.

Grounds for appeal without a doubt, but its the GFA we are dealing with ..........

Completely agree get the appeal in Hibs. Ludicrous booking. I see loads of goalies wasting time who don't get booked (there was a game this season where the goalie would start then stop his run about 3 times, no booking) yet Oxley seems to have this reputation not sure it is wholly justified.

Smartie
18-03-2016, 11:14 AM
Completely agree get the appeal in Hibs. Ludicrous booking. I see loads of goalies wasting time who don't get booked (there was a game this season where the goalie would start then stop his run about 3 times, no booking) yet Oxley seems to have this reputation not sure it is wholly justified.

I think it is pretty justified tbh.

I thought he was lucky to stay on the park when he continued to do it in such an obvious manner after being booked in the derby replay. He's done it in a few other big games too.

I wonder if it has come back to bite him on the arse a bit on this occasion, i.e. he genuinely hasn't done anything wrong but a referee has acted with reputation twisting in his mind what he actually saw.

Zazu62
18-03-2016, 11:20 AM
What's the problem with playing virtanen. Doesn't he deserve a shot?

Keith_M
18-03-2016, 11:23 AM

:greengrin

hibeeleicester
18-03-2016, 11:24 AM

I also find this baffling, Stubbs must of had reason to get rid of Reguero to sign Otso and put him on such a long deal?

Why not play the big guy?

hibee_girl
18-03-2016, 11:24 AM

Exactly.

Keith_M
18-03-2016, 11:26 AM

Exactly.

You would have to discuss that with Stubbs.

Prof. Shaggy
18-03-2016, 11:27 AM

I think a referee can always reflect on card decision and change it after a match has finished.
I don't know what timescale he'd have to follow.

Or if Finnie has the slightest intention of reconsidering it.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2016, 11:27 AM
You would have to discuss that with Stubbs.

Unless he posts on here, perhaps the best place to discuss this is on a Hibs fans web site?

Allant1981
18-03-2016, 11:29 AM

Stubbs wants the strongest 11 playing and he obviously feels that oxley is the best we have at the moment

Peevemor
18-03-2016, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=Hiberniankb;4623628]What's the problem with playing virtanen. Doesn't he deserve a shot?[/QUOTE

What's the problem with Stubbs wanting as many players as possible available for selection for both the starting 11 and the bench?]

liamh2202
18-03-2016, 11:32 AM

No imo..... Oxley has tbe gloves and doesnt deserve to lose them because of a bad refereeing decision

Lago
18-03-2016, 11:36 AM

I thought he was lucky to stay on the park when he continued to do it in such an obvious manner after being booked in the derby replay. He's done it in a few other big games too.

I wonder if it has come back to bite him on the arse a bit on this occasion, i.e. he genuinely hasn't done anything wrong but a referee has acted with reputation twisting in his mind what he actually saw.
Yip the boy who cried wolf.

Keith_M
18-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Unless he posts on here, perhaps the best place to discuss this is on a Hibs fans web site?

True, but what I meant was that he's the only person who could explain his decision whether or not to play him, and his motivation to have the card rescinded.

Personally, I have no idea if the other guy is a decent keeper, tho his playing record would suggest he's OK.

ben johnson
18-03-2016, 11:45 AM

Including the Dumbarton keeper who after our second goal took the ball out the net and launched it over the stand and out the ground Never seen the like and of course no action taken.

--------
18-03-2016, 12:35 PM

I think you're right here.

A number of goalkeepers in both Scotland and England seem to be at this game right now, and it needs to be stopped. People don't pay good money to watch goalkeepers strolling around their 6-yard boxes putting off taking goal-kicks. It's gone on as long as football has been played, and every time the authorities change the rules to stamp it out someone figures a new way of getting around the regulations. Oxley's certainly not the only keeper who's at it, but I from what I can see he IS one of them.

Of course, before anything was done to rescind the yellow card, the League would have to ask Richie Foran what HE thought about it. He seemed to be doing most of the refereeing.

JimBHibees
18-03-2016, 12:42 PM

Not so sure it is see loads of goalies doing the same and not getting booked. Can remember the Hearts fans booking him at the first derby last season

HibsNutter
18-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Whether you'd play Oxley or Virtanen is irrelevant, we need to get this ridiculous ban overturned so Stubbs has the choice of who to play.

For all we know, Virtanen might pick up an injury that would rule him out of the semi himself, then we'd be totally screwed.

easty
18-03-2016, 12:58 PM
I think time wasting by goalies isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be. You'll see teams get a throw in, boy pick up the ball, then motion to throw it, wait a bit and hand it over to someone else to take it. Nae bookings for that. Plenty time can be taken at free kicks too.

les83
18-03-2016, 01:05 PM
It's a ridiculous booking. Clearly there was an issue with his sight, otherwise we wouldn't have subbed him. The Scotsman article says the 4th official new what the problem was yet did nothing. It's a poor show, almost as poor as the ref getting in the way of the ball twice in a national cup semi final...

Franck Stanton
18-03-2016, 03:50 PM

My thoughts exactly, if he is any good, [and it would seem we rate him with the length of his contract,] then just play him, after all, Oxley isn't that good a keeper now is he ? Competent but nothing outstanding, in fact , there have been quite a few posters on .Net recently asking for him to be dropped anyway.

emerald green
18-03-2016, 05:10 PM

The bit in bold - If that's what Finnie acted upon, that's just yet another example of piss poor refereeing ruining our game.

Why could Finnie not have spoken to Oxley and asked him what the problem was? Did he do that? If he knew what the problem was and then booked him that's ridiculous. If the fourth official was aware of the situation, why wasn't Finnie?

Stubbs is asking for common sense to prevail. If so, he'll have a long wait.

Including the Dumbarton keeper who after our second goal took the ball out the net and launched it over the stand and out the ground Never seen the like and of course no action taken.

:agree: Yet quite a few on this forum seem to concentrate their criticism on Mark Oxley for time wasting, but never mention opposition goalkeepers who are far more guilty of blatant time wasting than Oxley. Strange.

Alfred E Newman
18-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Regardless of whether Oxley is a habitual time waster or not, the booking on Wednesday was clearly unfair and unjustified . It should be rescinded but whether it will be is another matter.

Hibby Bairn
18-03-2016, 05:56 PM
I think time wasting by goalies isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be. You'll see teams get a throw in, boy pick up the ball, then motion to throw it, wait a bit and hand it over to someone else to take it. Nae bookings for that. Plenty time can be taken at free kicks too.

Aye. Free kicks now can take as long as a scrum in rugby. What a palava.

Billy Whizz
18-03-2016, 05:58 PM
Aye. Free kicks now can take as long as a scrum in rugby. What a palava.

Maybe stopping the clock is the way to resolve it

McD
18-03-2016, 06:06 PM

Livingston keeper a few weeks ago must have taken over 20 minutes out of the 90 taking goal kicks, was getting ridiculous. Not once did the ref even wave the keeper to speed it up. Refereeing is abysmal in Scotland

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Oxley takes his time with every single kick, whether it's minute 1 or 90, whether we're winning, drawing or losing. It's what he does. Refs only start to care when opposition fans start booing. I've watched some ridiculous time wasting over the past two seasons in this tin pot league and it's rarely punished by refs. Oxley has clearly been discussed at one of their monthly meetings as they can't wait to book him these days. The booking on Wed was a shambles.
As for folk saying it doesn't matter as we have Otso, of course it does! It leaves us with very little experience on the bench, even worse if he was to pick up an injury before next month.

O'Rourke3
18-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Whether Otso deserves a shot ir not Im not convinced the best place for him to make his debut in the semi final of a cup we've been trying to win now for 114 years. The alternative is he plays in the next 3 or 4 games and gets injured/ has a nightmare and Stubbs has to put Oxley back in for the league games.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Skol
18-03-2016, 07:58 PM
he made his debut the other night !

O'Rourke3
18-03-2016, 08:02 PM
he made his debut the other night !
Full debut...... :Greengrin:

The Green Goblin
18-03-2016, 08:06 PM
Maybe stopping the clock is the way to resolve it

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day. :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
18-03-2016, 08:23 PM
The bit in bold - If that's what Finnie acted upon, that's just yet another example of piss poor refereeing ruining our game.

Why could Finnie not have spoken to Oxley and asked him what the problem was? Did he do that? If he knew what the problem was and then booked him that's ridiculous. If the fourth official was aware of the situation, why wasn't Finnie?

Stubbs is asking for common sense to prevail. If so, he'll have a long wait.

:agree: Yet quite a few on this forum seem to concentrate their criticism on Mark Oxley for time wasting, but never mention opposition goalkeepers who are far more guilty of blatant time wasting than Oxley. Strange.
Absolutely...every visiting keeper in the league this season at ER has done it far worse than oxley ever has....mostly all without any punishment

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk