PDA

View Full Version : Yet another consumer rights question

sleeping giant
11-03-2016, 09:29 AM
I bought a new fridge freezer online from AO.com last week and it arrived on Saturday.

We noticed that the fridge was not very cool so checked the manual and set it too the highest cooling temp (max) left it for a day but the milk was still luke warm. Set the cooling temp to Min just incase the manual was wrong but it's still the same.

I left a thermometer inside for a day and it only measured 15 degrees maximum throughout the day.

I called AO last night and they said they want to sent an engineer from the manufacturer to repair it and i am now awaiting the call from the manufacturer with a time slot at some point.

Should i have to accept that ?
Surely if it's not working as it should it should just be replaced ?

Do they have the right of repair before replacement?
I have only had it a week so i am still well within the 30days full refund policy in the sale of goods act.

Cheers

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2016, 12:17 PM
I bought a new fridge freezer online from AO.com last week and it arrived on Saturday.

We noticed that the fridge was not very cool so checked the manual and set it too the highest cooling temp (max) left it for a day but the milk was still luke warm. Set the cooling temp to Min just incase the manual was wrong but it's still the same.

I left a thermometer inside for a day and it only measured 15 degrees maximum throughout the day.

I called AO last night and they said they want to sent an engineer from the manufacturer to repair it and i am now awaiting the call from the manufacturer with a time slot at some point.

Should i have to accept that ?
Surely if it's not working as it should it should just be replaced ?

Do they have the right of repair before replacement?
I have only had it a week so i am still well within the 30days full refund policy in the sale of goods act.

Cheers

They have to replace it,do not accept a repair.

sleeping giant
11-03-2016, 12:58 PM
They have to replace it,do not accept a repair.

Cheers. Thought so.
I actually think the engineer might be to just verify that it's not working.
AO have been on the phone since posting to say if was concerned after the engineers visit that they would replace it or refund me.

Pain in the erse but it happens.

Edit : Engineer couldn't make it until Tuesday so i told them i just wanted it replaced. They are replacing it tomorrow .

Fair enough and pretty decent service.

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2016, 03:48 PM
Cheers. Thought so.
I actually think the engineer might be to just verify that it's not working.
AO have been on the phone since posting to say if was concerned after the engineers visit that they would replace it or refund me.

Pain in the erse but it happens.

Edit : Engineer couldn't make it until Tuesday so i told them i just wanted it replaced. They are replacing it tomorrow .

Fair enough and pretty decent service.

That's good,proper response from them and prompt service can't ask for much else. Hope the next one works ;-)