PDA

View Full Version : Pallardo

givescotlandfreedom
17-02-2016, 02:11 PM
First of great night and superb result but how on earth did he not get a second yellow for his lunge on the touchline? They subbed him right after because they know he should have walked. Beaton crapped that one big time but it's just another Derby where they finished with more men than they should have.

easty
17-02-2016, 02:13 PM
Beaton was ready to book him til he realised he was already on a yellow.

JimBHibees
17-02-2016, 02:14 PM
Simply an atrocious decision. Dont hear Robbie moaning about that one.

Made even worse by the two second yellows which followed getting 2 players sent off.

hibees 7062
17-02-2016, 02:16 PM
Beaton was ready to book him til he realised he was already on a yellow.

:agree: He gave Neilson the nod to get him off

JimBHibees
17-02-2016, 02:16 PM

Tell me that didnt happen.

lapsedhibee
17-02-2016, 02:18 PM
Simply an atrocious decision. Dont hear Robbie moaning about that one.

Made even worse by the two second yellows which followed getting 2 players sent off.

Ref realised he'd erred not sending the Pallardo yam off, so to make up for it he gave the second yellow Pallardo should have got to the next available yam, Augustyn. Then realised he'd erred giving him a second yellow for basically nothing, so to make up for it he gave a second yellow to the next available Hibee, Cummings. All sorted out in the end, and Beaton lives happily ever after.

JimBHibees
17-02-2016, 02:19 PM
Ref realised he'd erred not sending the Pallardo yam off, so to make up for it he gave the second yellow Pallardo should have got to the next available yam, Augustyn. Then realised he'd erred giving him a second yellow for basically nothing, so to make up for it he gave a second yellow to the next available Hibee, Cummings. All sorted out in the end, and Beaton lives happily ever after.

That is about the size of it. Good to see Scottish refereeing standards are as high as ever. :rolleyes:

brog
17-02-2016, 02:28 PM
Yep, you have 3 players on bookings, you send off 2 of them for throwing/kicking the ball away & ignore a blatant yellow card tackle by the other. Perfect Scottish refereeing!

SouthMoroccoStu
17-02-2016, 02:32 PM

Yip they said that on Sportsound

hibees 7062
17-02-2016, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=JimBHibees;4589886]Tell me that didnt happen.[/QUOTE

It did indeed

JimBHibees
17-02-2016, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=JimBHibees;4589886]Tell me that didnt happen.[/QUOTE

It did indeed

Did you see it ?

hibees 7062
17-02-2016, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=hibees 7062;4589920]

Did you see it ?

Yes

JimBHibees
17-02-2016, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=JimBHibees;4589922]

Yes

Well that quite simply shouldnt happen, it is for the ref to make appropriate decisions given on what happens not to protec players who should have been sent off. Can remember this happening years ago McCurry telling Advocaat to take off some huddy defender who had been booked and continued to foul with impunity.

If true Hibs should put in an official complaint.

Geo_1875
17-02-2016, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE=hibees 7062;4589923]

Well that quite simply shouldnt happen, it is for the ref to make appropriate decisions given on what happens not to protec players who should have been sent off. Can remember this happening years ago McCurry telling Advocaat to take off some huddy defender who had been booked and continued to foul with impunity.

If true Hibs should put in an official complaint.

It boils down to the referee assisting a manager to do his job. Cheating plain and simple.

Andy74
17-02-2016, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE=JimBHibees;4589928]

It boils down to the referee assisting a manager to do his job. Cheating plain and simple.

I actually think it's a reasonably effective way to ref a game. If he thinks the second yellow wasn't quite merited but the next foul will be a red there is no harm in communicating that to the captain or coaches. It needs to be applied evenly but rather that than games centred on sendings off.

s.a.m
17-02-2016, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=Geo_1875;4589931]

I actually think it's a reasonably effective way to ref a game. If he thinks the second yellow wasn't quite merited but the next foul will be a red there is no harm in communicating that to the captain or coaches. It needs to be applied evenly but rather that than games centred on sendings off.

I get what you're saying. But.:greengrin
I think it's one thing for the ref to tell the player that he's on his last warning, and quite another to have a word with the manager. Fair enough in a friendly, but in a competitive game it doesn't seem right.

JimBHibees
17-02-2016, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=Geo_1875;4589931]

Not sure I agree to be honest especially in this case when no idea how he would think that the tackle wasnt a second yellow card. Where do you draw the line though? Why didnt he tell Stubbs to take Cummings off because he could easily have seen that as not a second yellow?

bigwheel
17-02-2016, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=Geo_1875;4589931]

To me It was certainly more merited than the two second yellows he ended up giving out. Much more calculated. Hearts knew it too as they hooked him immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geo_1875
17-02-2016, 03:31 PM
I don't know how that post is against my name. I disagree with everything it says. Cheating pure and simple.

heidtheba
17-02-2016, 03:36 PM

They certainly flagged that exact same thing up on the radio...

lapsedhibee
17-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Cheating pure and simple.

Hearts players surround the ref telling him what reffing decisions to make - only fair that he returns the favour by telling Potterlite what substitutions to make.

Andy74
17-02-2016, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=Andy74;4589935]

Not sure I agree to be honest especially in this case when no idea how he would think that the tackle wasnt a second yellow card. Where do you draw the line though? Why didnt he tell Stubbs to take Cummings off because he could easily have seen that as not a second yellow?

I agree on the tackle and the approach on the reds that did happen.

I was just making a general point that highlighting to the bench that a player is close to being sent off isn't cheating. If done evenly it is decent game management.

tamig
17-02-2016, 03:43 PM
Hearts players surround the ref telling him what reffing decisions to make - only fair that he returns the favour by telling Potterlite what substitutions to make.

Potterlite - I like that 😁

hibbysam
17-02-2016, 04:26 PM
One thing I haven't seen many people mention, was second half, Augustyn had already been booked, Liam Henderson was running towards the box, and was pulled back by Augustyn, stopped the momentum and Henderson then played a ball out wide and we won a corner. I couldn't believe after waving his arms to play advantage, that Beaton didn't go back and give him his second booking there and then.

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2016, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=Geo_1875;4589931]

Not for me, its his job to referee the game not manage the team for the managers. Why he was not sent off only Beaton will know, there was no other decision other than a booking. To then tell chewbacca to get him off before he has to send him off is cheating, all he has to do is do his job right and fairly, no more no less.

Andy74
17-02-2016, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=Andy74;4589935]

Not for me, its his job to referee the game not manage the team for the managers. Why he was not sent off only Beaton will know, there was no other decision other than a booking. To then tell chewbacca to get him off before he has to send him off is cheating, all he has to do is do his job right and fairly, no more no less.

It's not managing the team its managing the game. The ref talks to players and the coaches and should communicate to them like adults. If someone is on a last warning it's unlikely to be a secret.

Treadstone
17-02-2016, 04:38 PM

Total agreement BH. The ref is there to apply the laws of the game not manage it.

JimBHibees
17-02-2016, 04:39 PM

Agree totally. Where does that sort of thing stop?

BSEJVT
17-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Cant agree with Andy's comments

If it is a foul worthy of a booking, the guy should get booked regardless of whether he has been booked or not previously.

It is the referee's job to administer the rules, not to place his interpretation on them and it needs to be done with absolute consistency.

Ref's would get a far easier time and same themselves a lot of controversy if they were seen to do so.

Any deviation from applying the rules on each and every occasion, not only prejudices against that days opponents but against all the clubs remaining in whatever competition they are contesting

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2016, 04:49 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;4590060]

It's not managing the team its managing the game. The ref talks to players and the coaches and should communicate to them like adults. If someone is on a last warning it's unlikely to be a secret.

The challenge on McGinn was a clear 2nd booking therefore a sending off, no other decision was possible for that challenge. To then tell the manager to get him off before he has to send him off is a clear case of him bottling it, and him getting the manager to do his job for him.

Cheating, and a clear case of the ref not being able to MANAGE the game properly.

Andy74
17-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Cant agree with Andy's comments

If it is a foul worthy of a booking, the guy should get booked regardless of whether he has been booked or not previously.

It is the referee's job to administer the rules, not to place his interpretation on them and it needs to be done with absolute consistency.

Ref's would get a far easier time and same themselves a lot of controversy if they were seen to do so.

Any deviation from applying the rules on each and every occasion, not only prejudices against that days opponents but against all the clubs remaining in whatever competition they are contesting

I'm not talking about the second foul. It should have been red.

I'm just talking about times when there is one more foul and you are off. It is more sensible to let teams deal with it than end up with red cards.

I think decent refs manage the game this way and if it is consistent then it isn't cheating.

Do rugby refs cheat when they are constantly telling players to get hands away or move away? It's just game management.

CraigHibee
17-02-2016, 04:53 PM
pallardo looks nothing more than a big angry waiter that should go back to collecting dishes, no doubt at all he should have received a 2nd yellow for that lunge. Also, who was the muppet that pushed thomson in the face? should have been a red aswell, the ref had a stinker lastnight

Sergio sledge
17-02-2016, 05:04 PM

I'm just talking about times when there is one more foul and you are off. It is more sensible to let teams deal with it than end up with red cards.

I think decent refs manage the game this way and if it is consistent then it isn't cheating.

Do rugby refs cheat when they are constantly telling players to get hands away or move away? It's just game management.

I agree. One of the things players and managers complain about is communication/explanations from the ref, which rugby gets right IMHO.

In this instance by all accounts the foul on its own was certainly worthy of a second yellow if not a red, but if a player is on a last warning for persistent fouling, the ref is managing the game well if he communicates that to the player, his captain and management. If the management then decide to substitute the player then that is their decision.

If players & managers showed the referees more respect and the referees treated the players and managers with more respect and communicated better then I think things would be a lot easier and a lot more understandable during games.

BSEJVT
17-02-2016, 05:14 PM

Thanks for reply

I wasn't specifically talking about last night

Again I disagree

If the sanction of a yellow card regardless of its implication isn't there for every single bookable offence, then it gives players the chance to foul with impunity.

I accept that bookings often accrue under a totting up of individual fouls that don't in themselves merit a booking but IMO its not the referee's place to warn either the player or the coach that he is on his last chance.

Its for the player in question and his coach to decide whether they can manage the situation

Hearts have kicked us up and down the park for years and largely got away scot free with it, on another thread someone quoted a stat that it took a hearts player on average twice as many fouls as a Hibs one to get booked!

Other than screwing up the non sending off of Pallardo and the sending off of Augustyn, he let them away time and again with blocking the taking of quick free kicks.

IMO referees far too often don't penalise tackles made by players on bookings with another booking when under any other circumstance the foul would result in a booking.

Surely as the perpetrator has already been booked he should face a harsher punishment than someone making his first foul?

If it is a booking, it is a booking and the culprit should face the consequences.

Instead we have the farcical situation of guys on either side getting sent off for celebrating and / or kicking the ball away.

Last time I checked no one ever hurt an opponent by doing so.

It is a black and white decision for a ref to act in those situations>

Maybe if they had the courage of their convictions more often and made such black and white decisions dealing with foul play the game would be a bit more entertaining and the footballers would be better protected from the hammer throwers.

Craigmount Hibs
17-02-2016, 05:33 PM
Is the number 14 Pallardo actually a professional footballer? He gets paid to "play" like that?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

He is absolute mince. I hope potter gets him to sign a long contract extension soon.

matty_f
17-02-2016, 05:59 PM
He's pish.

3pm
17-02-2016, 06:08 PM
He's pish.

Unfair on pish.

One Day Soon
17-02-2016, 06:12 PM
He's pish.

We have a winner

The_Sauz
17-02-2016, 06:23 PM
Just had a look at the highlights on BBC, and it looks like Augustyn was booked ( second booking) for dissent (the manner in which he throw the ball back) As for Jason, that was down to the pressure from the Hearts players, as it seemed that he (The Ref) was just going to walk back up the park!

zolliehibs
17-02-2016, 07:07 PM
I agree. One of the things players and managers complain about is communication/explanations from the ref, which rugby gets right IMHO.

In this instance by all accounts the foul on its own was certainly worthy of a second yellow if not a red, but if a player is on a last warning for persistent fouling, the ref is managing the game well if he communicates that to the player, his captain and management. If the management then decide to substitute the player then that is their decision.

If players & managers showed the referees more respect and the referees treated the players and managers with more respect and communicated better then I think things would be a lot easier and a lot more understandable during games.

I completely agree with the point about referees showing respect and talking to players and despite his mares last night, Beaton is generally one of those refs who does do that. He's not like the Thomsons or Collums who just shout and swear in players faces. For me he did make some poor - even inept - decisions last night, lost control of the game in the second half and obviously didnt give us that pen at Falkirk, but would still rather have him in charge than some of the others.