PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: STRONG TICKET SALES ON OPENING DAY

RSS Bot
09-02-2016, 06:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6183)

Aldo
09-02-2016, 06:12 PM
Thank god I got mines a short time ago.

10,000 is an excellent days work!

Well done everyone!

Tynie01011973
09-02-2016, 06:18 PM
Look the Wee Team sell same number of tickets as the Big Team did on first day sales. That can't be right surely 😊

Billy Whizz
09-02-2016, 06:19 PM
Would expect this to sell out on Friday morning

Pretty Boy
09-02-2016, 06:20 PM
10K is a superb effort. Well done all.

Hibby70
09-02-2016, 06:23 PM
Does the 10k include the CTU folk though?

Aldo
09-02-2016, 06:24 PM

Even if it does it's a sold ticket is it not??

Libby Hibby
09-02-2016, 06:26 PM

I would think not as they would already be sold prior to today in theory, the 10k would be general sale and ST's with CTU, could be wrong

Hibby70
09-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Even if it does it's a sold ticket is it not??

It is but not sold today (strictly speaking) :)

Either way great effort by all so far, keep em coming.

Aldo
09-02-2016, 06:35 PM
It is but not sold today (strictly speaking) :) Either way great effort by all so far, keep em coming.

I see where your coming from but I see it as being sold today as its a home time and that's what the CTU is for.

TBH who really cares if it was sold today or at start of season. The club are saying they have sold 10,000 today that'll do me.

matty_f
09-02-2016, 07:00 PM
Obviously the Yams get a good cut of the gate, but you can see from that just how financially valuable these ties are to the club - or more to the point, how financially valuable a big crowd is to the club.

If we were in a position to give the club this level of support throughout the season it would give Stubbs a massive boost in being able to attract and retain talent to the club. I know it's idealistic thinking to think that we could fill Easter Road regularly, but when you see the potential that this club of ours has, you start to dream about what could be if we consistently got our act together on the park for a sustained period of time.

Hopefully Stubbs' era at the club is just the start of a period of success (be that relative, as in finishing high in the top flight and going on good cup runs, or tangible, as in actually winning cups regularly) and we start to see rushes for tickets like this more often.

Billy Whizz
09-02-2016, 07:04 PM
Anyone know what our capacity is excluding hospitality

iwasthere1972
09-02-2016, 07:05 PM
Obviously the Yams get a good cut of the gate, but you can see from that just how financially valuable these ties are to the club - or more to the point, how financially valuable a big crowd is to the club.

If we were in a position to give the club this level of support throughout the season it would give Stubbs a massive boost in being able to attract and retain talent to the club. I know it's idealistic thinking to think that we could fill Easter Road regularly, but when you see the potential that this club of ours has, you start to dream about what could be if we consistently got our act together on the park for a sustained period of time.

Hopefully Stubbs' era at the club is just the start of a period of success (be that relative, as in finishing high in the top flight and going on good cup runs, or tangible, as in actually winning cups regularly) and we start to see rushes for tickets like this more often.

I miss the Butcher and Malpas era when we didn't have all this money to find for cup finals etc.

Alex Trager
09-02-2016, 07:05 PM

Absolutely mate. Agree 100%

Hibernia&Alba
09-02-2016, 07:17 PM

:agree:

The Hibs support is still out there, even though we've lost many regulars during the past decade or so, due to sustained underachievement. Hopefully a good number of those who are no longer regulars but who will be at ER for the Hearts game and at Hampden for the cup final will decide to attend more frequently. It may take time: promotion and a good side to watch in the SPL would certainly add significant numbers. We're averaging around ten thousand in the Championship, which itself is an indication of the potential.

CallumLaidlaw
09-02-2016, 07:19 PM
I miss the Butcher and Malpas era when we didn't have all this money to find for cup finals etc.

You can almost hear butcher coming out with some crap like that - "avoids the cost of trips to Hampden by getting knocked out early" [emoji109][emoji109][emoji109]

iwasthere1972
09-02-2016, 07:21 PM
You can almost hear butcher coming out with some crap like that - "avoids the cost of trips to Hampden by getting knocked out early" [emoji109][emoji109][emoji109]

Aye. Get knocked out the first round and it takes away all the fear of getting humped in the second round. We could learn a bit from him. Or maybe not.

Real Emerald
09-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Just done a rough dot count and the seats still available at this point looks to be just over 600. My eyes were having trouble focusing after a while so I may not be 100% accurate. :greengrin

I'm a ST holder who along with another has bought our own seats plus another two, so it may not be too far out if everyong is doing the same as us. I think this will sell out way before Tuesday, if you've not got a ticket yet, you better get one quick. :thumbsup:

Hibeesforever
09-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Today's evening news has Edinburgh turning GREEN.....fantastic picture of Paul Hanlon and the boys on the inside pages too. There is definitely momentum...the celebration party at the North British hotel for the treble will be some night! Sir Rocco might turn the lights on there too...think Jenners was lit up last night! Hibernian turning the city Green.

buktadays
10-02-2016, 09:00 PM
:agree:

The Hibs support is still out there, even though we've lost many regulars during the past decade or so, due to sustained underachievement. Hopefully a good number of those who are no longer regulars but who will be at ER for the Hearts game and at Hampden for the cup final will decide to attend more frequently. It may take time: promotion and a good side to watch in the SPL would certainly add significant numbers. We're averaging around ten thousand in the Championship, which itself is an indication of the potential.

Absolutely mate, I've no been to ER in years but after that comeback at that dump on Sunday I was choking to go to the replay! Not seen our team with that sort of spirit for years😊 Cant wait till 16th!